• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

71 posts in this topic

....right.....that's why four years later in 2012, after CBS Interactive acquired the rights to Giant Bomb and nullified the Non-Disparagement clause in Jeff Gerstmann's contract, he went onto Gamespot's On the Spot webshow, and flat out TOLD people why he was fired, making clear that it wasn't JUST Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, but many others in which his review or his guidelines for OTHER reviews, weren't pleasing the advertisers on Gamespot's website.

You just added more detail that aligns with what I said? The people that owned Gamespot in 2007, that no longer own them, not the Gamespot staff, with the new owners even removing that clause in his contract, and Jeff has much more recently than 2012 not been a fan of that situation being used as a means to imply that game websites are lying.

Joe is turning into the new Spoony.

By his own posts Spoony seems to be suffering from depression, anxiety, and indecision and might not update his accounts for months at a time. Joe is actively creating content, streaming, traveling, and interacting with people, how would removing useless Youtube comments be similar?

I subbed that year he did the most reviews, then he started doing alot of console games or that was my opinion maybe I was wrong but that what it seemed to me. So I quit watching his channel, didnt unsub but wasnt interested in what he was reviewing, showing, and then he added that other guy, which I cant stand, and if he's on whatever Joe's talking about I close the video. Other Joe is cool beard guy isn't.

I think he might of went a bit overboard with his reaction video, and calling people entitled, I don't feel entitled. I just dont watch what I don't like. And to be honest there's been a lot of stuff over the past two years that I havent watched on his channel cause I don't want to watch that stuff. I also don't comment on his channel don't watch the Twitch or have a stupid twitter account.

He can do whatever he wants with his channel and I'll watch what I want to watch and skip all the rest. Get over it people!

Apex Spartan and Jinxter like this

In the end, Joe's channel isn't going anywhere. He will keep making the content he wants and a fan base (good or bad) will be there. However, giving backlash against an already riled up crowd that consistently creates problems in his comments wasn't exactly a good idea from a PR standpoint. He most likely gave them a reason to persist and also a time frame when to expect comments and ratings to return.

I started watching Joe because I was searching reviews on games I wanted to buy but on the fence about many moons ago, and I was probably within the first 10 people to sign up on this new Angry Army community site when it launched. But after stumbling upon his reviews and finding they were funny as hell as well as informative...does it suck he's reviewing games I'm not interested in lately? Yes, do I bitch and moan? No. My point being, like many others have already said, dwelling on it won't help have to just let Joe take care of it. People have been leaving comments since the beginning on what they want to see reviewed and Joe has never taken requests when it comes to Youtube. He's right in waiting out the storm, he's just going about the wrong way doing it. Joe's channel isn't dying it's just taking a huge left at Albuquerque.

Dude can do what he wants. It's his channel. It would still be wise to listen to "fan"-feedback tho since.....that is basically what keeps his channel (and thereby his living) running. Back when I was still subscribed to him, I only watched his Angry Reviews and ignored all the other stuff. That's the beautiful thing about Youtube. You can choose what to watch (me for example I always tried to get away from everything Delrith).

One has to understand that many of the folks commenting under Joe's videos with stuff like: "Leetstreet u fat fuck mur angry reviews now" are trolls. Simple. There was no real need for his rant about people only wanting Angry reviews.

Disabling comments and likes were not the wisest choice either, cause if he enables them again the trolls will flock to his channel again in greater mass cause, hell, they got a reaction out of him the first time, so why not again?

I think Shagger said it best. Joe can handle it himself and people running for his defense will either accomplish nothing or make it worse. We all know some people would do it because, let us be honest, the AJSA has nothing to do with AJ only on paper. I think majority joined cuz of Joe so they would want to defend him till the end. Just don't. It ain't worth it and dude has got to deal with it himself.

P.S. MONEY!!!

Greetings,

Corporate Agent .

DSPgaming is pathetically insulting Joe, AVGN, and NC about a situation he doesn't understand but it's not surprising. Since DSP is an ignoramus.
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com

On 7/31/2017 at 4:34 AM, Legolas_Katarn said:

You just added more detail that aligns with what I said? The people that owned Gamespot in 2007, that no longer own them, not the Gamespot staff, with the new owners even removing that clause in his contract, and Jeff has much more recently than 2012 not been a fan of that situation being used as a means to imply that game websites are lying.

....no. I'm condensing a lot of this down, so if you need specific dates and people, check wikipedia.

Gerstmann was fired by Gamespot. Part of his separation agreement, was that neither he, nor Gamespot would speak about why he was fired. Gerstmann then created Giant Bomb, as his own form of game reviews website. It was fairly successful. CNET, the corporation that owned Gamespot, was bought out by CBS Interactive, who subsequently bought Giant Bomb, and kept Gerstmann on. Since Gerstman was now working for CBS, and CBS owned Gamespot, his Non-Disparagement clause was nullified, and he was free to speak about why he was fired.

As far as has been shown publicly, the people who ran Gamespot in 2007, are still there. No one was ousted when CBS bought up CNET. So the belief that somehow Gamespot's reformed since this incident, is without merit.

On 7/30/2017 at 11:41 PM, Aya Reiko said:

Also coming out in August; LawBreakers, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, and Ark: Survival Evolved.

Any one of these is Angry Review material.  Not to mention the already mentioned Absolver, Agents of Mayhem, and Sonic Mania.

Joe is turning into the new Spoony.

Joe's nothing like Spoony. Joe has a healthy Twitch presence as well as an overall fanbase that really doesn't give a shit about all the drama because Spoony lashes out at his own fanbase for little to no reason and broke his promises on Patreon.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:16 AM, Corporate Agent said:

Dude can do what he wants. It's his channel. It would still be wise to listen to "fan"-feedback tho since.....that is basically what keeps his channel (and thereby his living) running. Back when I was still subscribed to him, I only watched his Angry Reviews and ignored all the other stuff. That's the beautiful thing about Youtube. You can choose what to watch (me for example I always tried to get away from everything Delrith).

One has to understand that many of the folks commenting under Joe's videos with stuff like: "Leetstreet u fat fuck mur angry reviews now" are trolls. Simple. There was no real need for his rant about people only wanting Angry reviews.

Disabling comments and likes were not the wisest choice either, cause if he enables them again the trolls will flock to his channel again in greater mass cause, hell, they got a reaction out of him the first time, so why not again?

I think Shagger said it best. Joe can handle it himself and people running for his defense will either accomplish nothing or make it worse. We all know some people would do it because, let us be honest, the AJSA has nothing to do with AJ only on paper. I think majority joined cuz of Joe so they would want to defend him till the end. Just don't. It ain't worth it and dude has got to deal with it himself.

P.S. MONEY!!!

Greetings,

Corporate Agent .

You are defending Joe. You aren't true Corporate Agent!

On 7/30/2017 at 11:38 AM, Hawko said:

My point is this DRAMA has already ran its course and has done ZERO harm to anyone but maybe dipshit Trolls or Mega fanboys, Ironically he always takes a break around now anyways let the guy have his break.

You are aware Joe is barely bringing in any subs? He's losing as much as he is gaining so he's essentially plateauing plus his overall views are also down.

I used to be a loyal, non-fanboy subscriber to the channel but over the past year and a half I have become a jaded old ex-sub because there's simply too much uninteresting content being shoveled out nowadays. More than half of what he's pushing out now is just stuff I don't care about. I used to be excited whenever a new video came out, it went from "Eh, don't care..will wait for something different" to "Oh, yet another stupid reaction video? Screw this".

Joe flourishes the best in what category he made what his channel is today: VIDEO GAMES.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:12 AM, Hoodieninja said:

DSPgaming is pathetically insulting Joe, AVGN, and NC about a situation he doesn't understand but it's not surprising. Since DSP is an ignoramus.

Bro, we're not his personal army, Joe can take care of himself. Just because DSP can and will be a dick doesn't mean he has the wool pulled over his eyes. A lot of the shit he's saying has been repeated ad nauseum by others in nicer ways and not so nice ways by others.

I already know how douchy DSP is.

When this whole mess started I purposely avoided all videos related to it, for or against Joe.

I started watching Joe because he reviewed a game I wanted to get. I kept watching, even on games I had no interest in, because I thought his videos were funny.

I didn't join the AJSA until years later because I wanted a place to talk about games with other gamers. It might not show it on my profile, but I always love chatting with people like ApexSpartan, CrazyCrab, Legolas_Katarn and many other regulars.

I don't really game with them because of time zones and not being big on multiplayer games, but the conversation is nice and I like being here.

*shrug*

Crazycrab likes this

I'm a long time lurker and fan of the Angry Joe Show. I don;t do much posting anywehre anymore, but... I feel this situation is sufficiently serious enough to warrant me putting fingers to keyboard once again, and offer up my opinion and advice if anyone, Joe included, wishes to see it.

While I disagree that disabling comments and ratings is the way to go, I understand perfectly well where Joe is coming from, and the position he now feels trapped in. It's a little outlandish that YouTubers, who watch the content free of any charge on Joe's part, feel entitled to any specific form of content on a channel. It really is. Joe is not simply doing Angry Reviews anymore. He is trying to branch out into other entertainment that interest him. Movies, TV, Board Games, hell he could do music reviews tomorrow if he wanted and that is entirely his decision, just as it is their decision to not watch the content they do not want. I do not think Joe has ever said he would stop doing Angry Reviews, nor specifically say he would slow down the frequency of them deliberately. On top of this, he actually meets, then exceeds the quota he has had for prior years for Angry Reviews MEANWHILE keeping up with creating the new content. I honestly do not know what else he can possibly do to placate the hardliners. It Boglins the mind (To steal a quote from Jim Sterling) to see the uproar in most cases.

But, to be fair, I think most YouTubers are under the illusion that because Joe is doing other stuff, that he somehow must have time to pump out even more angry reviews than what he has, and because the Angry Reviews are seemingly few and far between, with lots of content in between, it creates the illusion that Joe is doing fewer of the reviews than prior years. In actual fact, Joe is matching the quota of prior years.

I'm going to be blunt here to those who demand more, Joe is not obligated to stick to and perform even more of the same content and ONLY that content. He is simply not. To demand he sticks with the same stuff but with more frequency, you are going to burn the guy out on fatigue AND passion for what he does. Don't make this man hate what he does. He LOVES his videogames, it's part of why he became a reviewer and critic in the first place. But if you make him do that and only that, he will learn to hate it. I do not wish to see an end to the Angry Joe Show anytime soon.

Now, to the other side of the coin, this is for you @Angry Joe , You worry way too much about what Tube Trolls think, dude. People who make such demands of you, and cuss you out like angry toddlers when they do not get what they want are never, never to be considered your true audience. If they had any legitimate complaints (And no, that whole Schedule thing, while a bad move, wasn't your fault.) I understand that you feel like you don't have any other way of maintaining control of the situation, but I do disagree with disabling the ratings and the comments. However, than is simply an opinion on my behalf. That being said, I do know where you are coming from. In fact, I remember when you did the Man of Steel, and Batman v Superman skits with Doug Walker. You looked like you were having so much fun you could barely sit still. Probably because it WAS fun, and it was different from what you usually do, and it wasn't for a game.

In closing, understand this everyone. To do what Joe does on Youtube, you need to have passion for it, and you need to enjoy it. All the hours of writing, editing design acting costumes, things like this, they take time and passion to make. If Joe starts to see these things becoming more of a chore than an enjoyment, then that will show in the work, and eventually he may well decide to shut it all down and just become a gamer again. And we'd all be poorer for it.

Shagger and Malphisto like this

20 hours ago, Darkstorm Zero said:

And we'd all be poorer for it.

Ironically so would he, can rest assured that his channel won't be ending any time soon. Also take note that there is a 99% probability Joe will not read any threads here, was a good read though and I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Darkstorm Zero likes this

On 8/7/2017 at 4:37 PM, Darkstorm Zero said:

Now, to the other side of the coin, this is for you @Angry Joe , You worry way too much about what Tube Trolls think, dude. People who make such demands of you, and cuss you out like angry toddlers when they do not get what they want are never, never to be considered your true audience. If they had any legitimate complaints (And no, that whole Schedule thing, while a bad move, wasn't your fault.) I understand that you feel like you don't have any other way of maintaining control of the situation, but I do disagree with disabling the ratings and the comments. However, than is simply an opinion on my behalf. That being said, I do know where you are coming from. In fact, I remember when you did the Man of Steel, and Batman v Superman skits with Doug Walker. You looked like you were having so much fun you could barely sit still. Probably because it WAS fun, and it was different from what you usually do, and it wasn't for a game.

Lumping people who give constructive criticism as well as those who are posting dumb crap is the last thing you want to do. A lot of older subscribers feel alienated because of that.

And don't bother highlighting him here, he'll never check the forums, meanwhile he uses Twitter like crazy.

On 6/29/2016 at 5:46 PM, Shagger said:

Me and other long term veterans have said this numerous times, but I'll say it again.

We do nothing. Joe's a big boy and can look after himself.

The AJSA is a gaming community set up by Angry Joe, no more, no less. We may be the "Angry Army" and us being fans of Joe's youtube content is one of the things that brought us together, but we are not his "White Knight" defenders. Us rallying together to do whatever it is to combat these people and comments would only make things worse for him and give the wrong impressions of what our community is about.

People are free to have there own opinions of Joe's videos including the AJSA members. There are plenty of respected, long term and even ranking members in this community that would agree that Joe's content isn't as good as it used to be... including me.

The best thing to do is ignore this stuff.

Wow. Best ever. That's amazing Shagger.

On 2017-08-16 at 3:00 PM, Glaice said:

Lumping people who give constructive criticism as well as those who are posting dumb crap is the last thing you want to do. A lot of older subscribers feel alienated because of that.

And don't bother highlighting him here, he'll never check the forums, meanwhile he uses Twitter like crazy.

Well good news he reenabled comments so I guess he finally realized it was hurting his views and it's almost September anyway but I hate those blind assholes who blindly defend joe when they don't see they real issue here and in fact I think there real trolls because they give what joe wants to here and just accuse the rest of the fan base for bitching and whining when they only want him to be better and just want the old joe back.

Every time he uploads an unfavorable video (non-video game content), he is losing subscribers for a couple of days. This is not a good thing. The community/sub base did not ask for this and most don't want to see such a thing. Go back to the roots and mostly stick with video game related (hint, RELATED) content.

I have been trying to get through on the Discussion page with my YouTube account posts and commenting on supporting people's arguments against Joe and responding to the obvious Joe sycophants or blind fanboys.

Oh, and Joe needs to stop interrupting Other Joe and other co-hosts when they're talking, it's rude.

On 2017-08-29 at 9:13 AM, Glaice said:

Every time he uploads an unfavorable video (non-video game content), he is losing subscribers for a couple of days. This is not a good thing. The community/sub base did not ask for this and most don't want to see such a thing. Go back to the roots and mostly stick with video game related (hint, RELATED) content.

I have been trying to get through on the Discussion page with my YouTube account posts and commenting on supporting people's arguments against Joe and responding to the obvious Joe sycophants or blind fanboys.

Oh, and Joe needs to stop interrupting Other Joe and other co-hosts when they're talking, it's rude.

Well I do like seeing Joe's opinions on the movies that come out after all he is a huge Superman, Dragon Z, Godzilla, Power Rangers, and DC fan. And it was fine back in 2015 he was only doing a few movie reviews a month and then takes a break from them and then do them again.

On 2017-08-01 at 11:20 AM, Hoodieninja said:

Joe's nothing like Spoony. Joe has a healthy Twitch presence as well as an overall fanbase that really doesn't give a shit about all the drama because Spoony lashes out at his own fanbase for little to no reason and broke his promises on Patreon.

So if Spoony has depression does that mean he's going to end up like Jew Wario?

On 2017-08-07 at 1:37 PM, Darkstorm Zero said:

I'm a long time lurker and fan of the Angry Joe Show. I don;t do much posting anywehre anymore, but... I feel this situation is sufficiently serious enough to warrant me putting fingers to keyboard once again, and offer up my opinion and advice if anyone, Joe included, wishes to see it.

While I disagree that disabling comments and ratings is the way to go, I understand perfectly well where Joe is coming from, and the position he now feels trapped in. It's a little outlandish that YouTubers, who watch the content free of any charge on Joe's part, feel entitled to any specific form of content on a channel. It really is. Joe is not simply doing Angry Reviews anymore. He is trying to branch out into other entertainment that interest him. Movies, TV, Board Games, hell he could do music reviews tomorrow if he wanted and that is entirely his decision, just as it is their decision to not watch the content they do not want. I do not think Joe has ever said he would stop doing Angry Reviews, nor specifically say he would slow down the frequency of them deliberately. On top of this, he actually meets, then exceeds the quota he has had for prior years for Angry Reviews MEANWHILE keeping up with creating the new content. I honestly do not know what else he can possibly do to placate the hardliners. It Boglins the mind (To steal a quote from Jim Sterling) to see the uproar in most cases.

But, to be fair, I think most YouTubers are under the illusion that because Joe is doing other stuff, that he somehow must have time to pump out even more angry reviews than what he has, and because the Angry Reviews are seemingly few and far between, with lots of content in between, it creates the illusion that Joe is doing fewer of the reviews than prior years. In actual fact, Joe is matching the quota of prior years.

I'm going to be blunt here to those who demand more, Joe is not obligated to stick to and perform even more of the same content and ONLY that content. He is simply not. To demand he sticks with the same stuff but with more frequency, you are going to burn the guy out on fatigue AND passion for what he does. Don't make this man hate what he does. He LOVES his videogames, it's part of why he became a reviewer and critic in the first place. But if you make him do that and only that, he will learn to hate it. I do not wish to see an end to the Angry Joe Show anytime soon.

In closing, understand this everyone. To do what Joe does on Youtube, you need to have passion for it, and you need to enjoy it. All the hours of writing, editing design acting costumes, things like this, they take time and passion to make. If Joe starts to see these things becoming more of a chore than an enjoyment, then that will show in the work, and eventually he may well decide to shut it all down and just become a gamer again. And we'd all be poorer for it.

Joe said in his recent video a month ago that he still wants to do angry reviews he just needs a break although he has been taking breaks more often including the one a month before everything went to shit and last year and the year before hell I even asked him and he even admits to taking breaks. But if Joe actually did say that he doesn't want to do angry reviews anymore then I'm pretty sure that 90% of his fans would unsubscribe. Just look at Rocket Jump and RWJ, Freddie says that he doesn't want to do shorts anymore just wants to make bigger projects and look what happened he's loosing subs at a rapid pace and his "bigger projects" are just mediocre at best and his competition Corridol Digital and Nukazoka make better shorts than him these days and have never ditched them Freddie basically screwed himself when he decided to turn his YouTube channel into a company. As for Ray he should've never stepped down as host for =3 everything went downhill afterwards he says he wanted to become an actor but I havent see him in any movies since he stepped down he basically shot himself in the foot when started casting terrible hosts who weren't even funny and his views just went down.

Darkstorm Zero likes this