• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

th3whit3lion

Elite Dangerous

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Just wanted to see who out there plays Elite Dangerous. i have been super into it lately and am on a journey to the other side of the galaxy with a Pit stop at Sagittarius A. Ive been mostly on the explorer path. im interested to see what being part of a Wing is like though this Journey of mine is going to take a while being in at 5000LY of my 130000LY journey.

anyways im rambling. who out there is into Elite Dangerous and Is Horizon worth the buy?

I play it and I think it's pretty good, especially if you're in a wing.  It's takes some getting used to, but when you learn the ins and outs of it, it's pretty good.  I've been as far as NGC 7702 Nebula and the Witch Head Nebula.  There are number of locations requiring a permit with no information of how to get it.  Some thing it has to do with the series' antagonists the Thargoids, or another alien race.  This title is the third or forth in the series starting from sometime 1984.  Horizons is an add-on with a number of improvement, like the Engineers; where you can upgrade certain parts of your ship.  I think there is another two updates planned for this year.  It may be worth a buy after a little more research.

th3whit3lion likes this

I have Elite Dangerous, however I didn't learn quick with the game mechanics and found myself either getting lost or crashing into planets. Despite that I think it wonderful game and I enjoyed watching Angerbeard when he'd actively stream it on PC.

I know they've been doing some updates. Its been months actually since I last played. Has the UI changed at all? Tutorials easier to do and understand? I'd like to get back into the game myself at some point.

th3whit3lion likes this

Okay so an update. I have been to Saggitarius A and it was pretty cool. didnt get too close for to the black hole. dont want to lose all my data. anyways i have forsaken the other end of the universe for the shear amount of time it takes  to get there, it took forever just to get to the center so i decided to turn around and get a new ship with better equipment.

also as a word of warning for XB1 Elite Dangerous users wanting to visit Saggitarius A... Once you get within 1000LY of it the route plotting system turns to shit so you kinda have to navigate from system to system. 

RuneX likes this

So for anyone that is still interested in the Antics of CMDR Whit3lion i have made it back to civilization. and the payoff was pretty sweet. started at 600.000 credits and got up to 9.6M credits so it made me pretty happy. i was able to buy the ship that i wanted though i didnt have enough money to outfit it the way i wanted so i guess its back out to nothingness for me!

RuneX likes this

Still learning the travel mechanics. I find myself getting stuck in space and messing up traveling to different stations. I hope to join you here soon!

AJSA Valkyrie and th3whit3lion like this

Yes the learning curve is defiantly steep, but im fairly confident in my movement knowledge so if you have a question dont be afraid to ask as im sure i can help

Hello there I play elite dangerous but I'm mostly a courier because the combat is mostly cumbersome and going from A to B is much more easier

th3whit3lion likes this

HI Unknownplayer341! yeah i havent been much into the combat as well. i as stated earlier i have been on an exploration path right now. my next goal is the planet Wilson

AJSA Valkyrie likes this

There is a bit of a learning curve, which I don't mind as much.  But, there are some areas that needs better tutorials for.  Like in combat, learning to adjust your throttle on the fly is something to keep in mind.  Depending on your ship, I have an Asp Explorer at the moment, when you're on approach at full throttle closing in, you need to adjust it to the 'sweet spot'.  But if you get outmaneuvered, you can stay in the 'sweet spot' until you're coming out of the turn and hit to full throttle.  With an Asp Explorer, that should whip the rear end around so you can line up to your target.  Boosting isn't always a good idea unless you really need it.  Takes some getting used to, especially sense lateral (yaw) rotation is very slow.  So you need to learn to use pitch and roll rotations effectively.

Be very careful when approaching, at least, 1G planets.  The thrusters really suck and generate a lot of heat even at a hover, depending on the amount of G's.  If you approach a 1G planet with a settlement, it may be best to approach it at a shallower angel within 15km above the surface.  You will drop more quickly than you imagine.  If you need a go reference, and if you have the Engineers downloaded, head to the Deciat system where Farseer is located and there should be a couple of planets that are at least 1G.  And on approach to a station or to the surface, you will likely need to turn at a wider arc as to not overstress your retro-thrusters.  I try to about 300km before entering in to Glide mode.  You can extend the glide by angling up from the surface, but not too much as it'll abort the glide.  Try to aim for about 15km from station to come out of Glide.  That should give you enough distance to approach at a slight angle so you can hover above a platform to land.  If you notice you're approaching the surface very quickly, just aim your nose perpendicularly away from the surface and boost like crazy.  I would not recommend approaching a 6+G planet.

Another thing to think about is fuel scooping; adjust your ship to absorb as much as possible then angle the keel toward the star and your canopy away from it.  Your refueling should speed up significantly.

By playing around it some, you should pick up on other tricks.

The game is on sale is for $30 a 50% off deal !!