• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mr_E_Meatshield

Doom Angry Review

22 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Would you Kindly said:

-clicks and smiles-

ughhh i knew it I KNEW IT this would happen what the fuck is wrong with u people i told u if u keep complaining at that rate he'll rush the review but it only made everyone even pissed and now look he even disabled comments and now is acting like a coward. If it wasnt for u retarded assholes we would have a 20-30 mins high quality in depth review that everyone was waiting for. But now we cant have that because everyone kept pressuring joe to release doom that doesnt even look like it was even finished. At first i was on board that joe was slacking off and wasnt giving out reviews but now i dont even who to side with because everyone is being a dick right now.

I don't know what you mean since comments are there when I go to the video so either it was temporary or Youtube glitched?

As for the review well to be perfectly honest, this review is so far after the release date of the game, that he technically never even needed to do the review. By this point of time people who wanted to buy DOOM have bought DOOM. Those that didn't want DOOM, didn't get it. And those who were on the fence by now had there decision made through other reviews that have been out for weeks. To be perfectly honest if fans didn't keep bugging him about it I think he would of just scrapped this review. This pretty much came out just to please fans so they would shut up all ready about it. That would probably be why it isn't as in depth as other reviews because fans kept bugging him and the fact the review is so late then any other review it is quite irrelevant to buyers or people on the fence.

Ranisel likes this

You mean these comments?

6eIXHb1.png

Don't look disabled.

Entertainment + In-depth Review = YouTube Fans complaining that It's overdue, late and/or rushed out and dumb. I'll be honest, I'm afraid of scrolling down on his videos, he shouldn't disable the comments but he shouldn't pay attention to them. Just screw em, ignore em, they suck. 

PS: We really need an OJ emote of 2:46 of the Video. Oh wait... :metaloj:

4 hours ago, Ranisel said:

Entertainment + In-depth Review = YouTube Fans complaining that It's overdue, late and/or rushed out and dumb. I'll be honest, I'm afraid of scrolling down on his videos, he shouldn't disable the comments but he shouldn't pay attention to them. Just screw em, ignore em, they suck. 

PS: We really need an OJ emote of 2:46 of the Video. Oh wait... :metaloj:

I warned them they didn't listen.

7 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

You mean these comments?

6eIXHb1.png

Don't look disabled.

10 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

I don't know what you mean since comments are there when I go to the video so either it was temporary or Youtube glitched?

As for the review well to be perfectly honest, this review is so far after the release date of the game, that he technically never even needed to do the review. By this point of time people who wanted to buy DOOM have bought DOOM. Those that didn't want DOOM, didn't get it. And those who were on the fence by now had there decision made through other reviews that have been out for weeks. To be perfectly honest if fans didn't keep bugging him about it I think he would of just scrapped this review. This pretty much came out just to please fans so they would shut up all ready about it. That would probably be why it isn't as in depth as other reviews because fans kept bugging him and the fact the review is so late then any other review it is quite irrelevant to buyers or people on the fence.

That's weird they were disabled during the first hr after it was uploaded.

I agree but there's got to be something more then that that were not seeing even though there's nothing really much to say about the game. But hey at least he has more time to make other reviews right?

THIS IS THE MADAFAKING FACE ALL JOE HATERS WILL SEE WHEN OTHER JOE SENDS THEM TO HELL85007de883304249bbd88b542f706294.png

It was a hilarious review, too bad it's that short tho, but I liked it

Ranisel likes this

12 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

True enough, but at the very least, he got this video up during the steam summer sale.

They call the short quick reviews lazy and passionless because it's just a flat out review without skits or jokes or whatever else they expect from Joe's regular reviews. This one has pretty much all of them from costumes, signature characters, comedy skits and what Joe thinks of the game, pretty much gushing about the game from what I saw. They complain that it's short and late. There's seriously no winning here. People were asking him for a Doom review, here it is, in a non RF format. Sure it's short, but what else can he say about the game that hasn't been yet?

Do they want a review that's just padded out with unnecessary stuff to meet an arbitrary length satisfaction quota? Yes, this review is short, but it tells us what Joe thought about the game, and had the jokes and comedic scenes that people like from Joe's reviews. What else is there to add?

Verethragna and Apex Spartan like this

1 hour ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

They call the short quick reviews lazy and passionless because it's just a flat out review without skits or jokes or whatever else they expect from Joe's regular reviews. This one has pretty much all of them from costumes, signature characters, comedy skits and what Joe thinks of the game, pretty much gushing about the game from what I saw. They complain that it's short and late. There's seriously no winning here. People were asking him for a Doom review, here it is, in a non RF format. Sure it's short, but what else can he say about the game that hasn't been yet?

Do they want a review that's just padded out with unnecessary stuff to meet an arbitrary length satisfaction quota? Yes, this review is short, but it tells us what Joe thought about the game, and had the jokes and comedic scenes that people like from Joe's reviews. What else is there to add?

Apparently there are people on YouTube who think that if the review isn't at least half an hour long it's somehow lazy. And honestly, how much is there to really say about Doom? "Do you remember the original Doom? It's basically that but with all the modern graphics tech and a few tweaks like glory kills, upgrades, multiplayer and mapbuilding tools." There that's all you need to say.

Apex Spartan likes this

17 hours ago, Otaku World Order said:

Apparently there are people on YouTube who think that if the review isn't at least half an hour long it's somehow lazy. And honestly, how much is there to really say about Doom? "Do you remember the original Doom? It's basically that but with all the modern graphics tech and a few tweaks like glory kills, upgrades, multiplayer and mapbuilding tools." There that's all you need to say.

Ya but he doesnt give us a in depth reason why should we go buy it all he says is "Hey this game is awesome go buy it" he doesnt specifically explain to us properly why. In umbrella corps he gives us detailed reasons why we shouldnt buy it and they all made sense but here it just feels rushed. Sure u could say "What about Rocket League that was short so that shoulld rushed" but rocket league didnt have really have much to say because it just had multiplayer but it was still great game. But for doom it just feels he left stuff out and that there things he didnt explain.

In all honesty, the review was good, but let's face a few flaws:

1. It's pretty late, for whatever reason. Either he just did it as fan service because it was so requested, but nonetheless, it's simply too late and it's kinda pointless now.

2. It's basically, "it's a good game go get it!" with a few good reasons he told us as to why the game is good and why we should get it, but he didn't really go into depth

3. Length. It's pretty short, even for a such a simple game. True, you can't talk too much about this game, but as I said in my 2nd point, he could of gone a bit more into depth with it and give us really good reasons on why we should buy it and it's flaws. Maybe tho he didn't feel like it because he thought it was pointless making it too long for a game like this.

4. Multiplayer. He didn't talk about it at ALL, except "It's there and it's not good as other MP games, but it's still fun."  It's still a big part of the game and he should of taken the time to talk about the mechanics there, maps and whatever else you can talk about. If he took time to properly talk about it's MP, it would add another 5 minutes to the video, making it almost a 20min review which would of made it almost perfect for a game like this.

However overall, I think it was a good review. It was pretty hilarious and what I like about it is he added lots of that classic AJ bullshit into it with horrible acting and shitty costumes and terrible effects lol, which adds lots of quirky humor into his review, so that was pretty good.

Tho personally, I don't think it's a review I would depend on if I'm thinking about buying the game. I would watch at least 1 or 2 more, specially because he totally ditched talking about multiplayer.

I mean AJ and his reviews are still good comparing to the shitheads infesting his comment sections, Twitter and Facebook with their toxicity. I mostly noticed "fans" there, insulting him, telling him to suck dick and what not. That's just stupid. If you gonna be a fan, give him proper fuckin' feedback you dipshits. Nicely point out his mistakes and tell him what he could do to improve, without calling him names. If I was him, I would also not give a fuck about my fans if they acted that way. Not to mention it's also food for haters that will go there like vultures to feed on the hate and bullshit fans give him.

Otaku World Order and Nirvana like this

20 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

In all honesty, the review was good, but let's face a few flaws:

1. It's pretty late, for whatever reason. Either he just did it as fan service because it was so requested, but nonetheless, it's simply too late and it's kinda pointless now.

2. It's basically, "it's a good game go get it!" with a few good reasons he told us as to why the game is good and why we should get it, but he didn't really go into depth

3. Length. It's pretty short, even for a such a simple game. True, you can't talk too much about this game, but as I said in my 2nd point, he could of gone a bit more into depth with it and give us really good reasons on why we should buy it and it's flaws. Maybe tho he didn't feel like it because he thought it was pointless making it too long for a game like this.

4. Multiplayer. He didn't talk about it at ALL, except "It's there and it's not good as other MP games, but it's still fun."  It's still a big part of the game and he should of taken the time to talk about the mechanics there, maps and whatever else you can talk about. If he took time to properly talk about it's MP, it would add another 5 minutes to the video, making it almost a 20min review which would of made it almost perfect for a game like this.

I mean AJ and his reviews are still good comparing to the shitheads infesting his comment sections, Twitter and Facebook with their toxicity. I mostly noticed "fans" there, insulting him, telling him to suck dick and what not. That's just stupid. If you gonna be a fan, give him proper fuckin' feedback you dipshits. Nicely point out his mistakes and tell him what he could do to improve, without calling him names. If I was him, I would also not give a fuck about my fans if they acted that way. Not to mention it's also food for haters that will go there like vultures to feed on the hate and bullshit fans give him.

Hey wait a minute so how come other youtubers like avgn and jontron take really long to make their content but their fans don't complain or bash them like what's happening to Joe that makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Nirvana said:

Hey wait a minute so how come other youtubers like avgn and jontron take really long to make their content but their fans don't complain or bash them like what's happening to Joe that makes no sense.

lEYaMnR.jpg

10 hours ago, Nirvana said:

Well, they don't review current releases, they review twenty to thirty year old garbage for comedic purposes. While we all love the sketches and goofy bits, Joe is very much a critic and he reviews current releases and as such he's likely to come under fire for the same reasons most independent critics do. Liking a game too much, hating a game too much, not getting a review out close enough to release and so on.

Nirvana likes this

He said what needed to be said and while it's true that this review was rushed, at least he put in the effort that he did.

It would have been way funnier if it was just him in front of the webcam miming everything with his hands for like two minutes, though at the same time I'm glad Joe has enough pride in his work to not stoop that low.

I'm appreciative of what we got.

Apex Spartan likes this

Actually, I found this review to be disappointing purely in the sense that I just didn't enjoy watching it as much as most of his reviews. It's not because it was too late or too short either. I'm not sure why, but it just didn't entertain me as much as most of his stuff does. I'm not going to complain about it like joe screwed up or was lazy or whatever though. I'll just chalk this up to being a symptom of nobody likes everything, and this is one of the ones I don't.

I think it might be the ill mood surrounding it. None of the other reviews were released under circumstances like this one and generally they've all been above 20 minutes, usually around 30-35.

Really we should just all move on now.

great review. Already bought the game months ago. Great game, very enjoyable. The only complaints i have is the MP that is just CoD BOps 3 just reskinned for Doom, the very limited SnapMap and the missing full mod support. Imagine Mods like Brutal Doom, Trailblazer, GunCaster, Hard Doom, Doom ONE, Project Brutality, Action Doom and Russian Overkill on this. Mind Blown.

On 7/2/2016 at 3:37 PM, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

I can do without the skits in the reviews that don't have to do with bugs or glitches.

Also even I slowly lost interest in DOOM 2016, and that's a big thing to say considering I'm the biggest Doom fan on the site and quite possibly among the entire AJSA.

The game is good but not great like it's original predecessors. The arena-lockdown-kill enemies-unlock-proceed-repeat formula bothered me a lot but the biggest killer was proper modding support. Hell, every Elder Scrolls and post-isometric Fallout game had it out of the box or a few months after release.