• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MadDemon64

Evolve is going F2P

36 posts in this topic

Yes, you heard right.  Evolve is going F2P.

I would ask what took them so long, but honestly this isn't enough to make me interested in the game.  But what about you?

Oh, and read about it here.

Turtle Rock: "Evolve is going free to play..."

Me: *Gasp*

Turtle Rock: "on PC as of July!"

Me: "So... fuck you too."

dHBa5oU.jpg

If they think this alone is going to change much, they've got another thing coming. Hopefully they commit to it and actually dish out updates that'll change the game for the better. It'd be a shame if they just let it all go, since I really do like the concept of it. Just not the execution.

2 minutes ago, WITHASTICK said:

Does someone seriously still consider this a game?

ok..."milking tool". Does this sounds better? ^^

8 minutes ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

ok..."milking tool". Does this sounds better? ^^

Giant waste of space and time sounds better.

and savagejoe444 like this

Well it's F2P now and maybe if they notice players giving it another chance, they will try harder to make the game fun. Tho I knew this game was a doomed product since close to it's launch. Although the concept looked great, I could see how quickly repetitive it could become, plus they fucked it up even more. I won't be playing it now but I will keep my eye on it if they decide to update it, patch it and fix it and then maybe I will give it a chance.

Dyzzles and savagejoe444 like this

Looks like they are changing a lot actually (aside from making it F2P) if the trailer is to be believed.

savagejoe444 and Apex Spartan like this

They made a shit game, they wanted to suck money from people's pockets on purpose or they really thought it would be a succesful game. Point is, it don't matter what their intentions were.

They fucked up the game and they know that and now they are trying to make it F2P and they are reworking it, so that it gets fixed and hopefully makes it good. As long as they don't turn into P2W and they fix it, make it fun and decent, I'm up for it

It's free. You download it, you play it and you find out if it's good or bad now, after the new updates and rework. There is no point bashing it and saying its gonna suck ass. Developers and all people learn from mistakes. Final Fantasy 14 Realm Reborn is a good example of how a game can be a pure disaster at launch and once the developers pay attention to the bad sides and feedback, then they can make a good rework and make it one of the most succesful MMORPGs at this moment, making it the 2nd most played after WoW.

My point is not that Evolve will crush other games now, but I'm saying there is no point bashing it and saying it will still be shit. They are tryin' to improve it and let people play it for free. That's good enough for me to try it once it's ready. I might play it as soon as the update comes out. If it's still trash, uninstall. Nothing wasted.

Kind of sad seeing so many people bash it on forums, news sites, Youtube. I bet it's those fuckers that preordered it cauze they don't know how to waste their parent's money in better ways. Huh, deserved.

All this game needed, was better maps to play on, they are terrible. Perhaps they will introduce some when its f2p??

1 minute ago, Ancient said:

All this game needed, was better maps to play on, they are terrible. Perhaps they will introduce some when its f2p??

Well that's what they said they would do in the trailer.

Ancient and savagejoe444 like this

So far it seems they removed DLCs and made huge changes

I will download it tommorrow and try it out, so no harm I suppose

This is what I hope will happen with Overwatch. Before I can't take it and trade with Crabs. 

I feel bad for those people that buy Evolve, and possibly buy the microtransactions. They got ripped the fuck off.

Oh wait. Only the PC version is free. The console version still cost money............ 

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

And now it's out.  Anyone try it yet?

44 minutes ago, MadDemon64 said:

And now it's out.  Anyone try it yet?

Alright. It can be downloaded right here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/

Let's see if this game is any goo.......

20 GB????

Fuck this. I'm playing Overwatch.

I will download it today and play over weekend hopefully if i get the chance and let u guys know. 

I watched people streaming it yesterday  and saying its a big improvement

After spending some time reading Steam reviews of people who already played it, it seems the game is now getting decent reviews and all positive reviews are from newer players, while negative ones are from people who bought or preordered the game and are now complaining because it's F2P lol

I think this could be a very decent game right now

10 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Alright. It can be downloaded right here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/

Let's see if this game is any goo.......

20 GB????

Fuck this. I'm playing Overwatch.

What, do you have a small hard drive?  Why is the amount of space it takes up such a factor?

1 hour ago, MadDemon64 said:

What, do you have a small hard drive?  Why is the amount of space it takes up such a factor?

Probably download speed

4 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

Probably download speed

If download speed is a problem, then why wouldn't letting the game download overnight solve it?

Maybe it's just the fact that I have a 1 TB harddrive, but I still don't see how that's a problem.  I've got far bigger games like Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Witcher 3, and Dragon Age Inquisition on my PC.  Then again those are all good games but from what I've heard Evolve is actually good(ish) now.

Eh, maybe I'm over thinking it.  It's his PC, he can do what he wants with it.

1 hour ago, MadDemon64 said:

Nah, I have 350 GB free space. Now that I am back in Australia, my internet speed is jacked up the ass. 6MB per second. So I can pretty much download this game in 2 hours!

But why should I wait that long and waste my precious storage to download and play an overhyped failure of a game that I already know how it plays from the gameplay footage back when this game was not free last year, when I can play something much better and for less than 10GB of space? Like Overwatch? Or Furi? Or Technomancer??

Hm, then again, this game IS free, and it has improved with more content compared to when it's released last year..... 

Oh well, I'll try this game out. No harm in trying.

1 hour ago, Kaz32 said:

Nah, I have 350 GB free space. Now that I am back in Australia, my internet speed is jacked up the ass. 6MB per second. So I can pretty much download this game in 2 hours!

But why should I wait that long and waste my precious storage to download and play an overhyped failure of a game that I already know how it plays from the gameplay footage back when this game was not free last year, when I can play something much better and for less than 10GB of space? Like Overwatch? Or Furi? Or Technomancer??

Hm, then again, this game IS free, and it has improved with more content compared to when it's released last year..... 

Oh well, I'll try this game out. No harm in trying.

Um, because you don't know how it plays?  Not to sound rude, but they revamped the game, from skills to maps to unlocks.  The gameplay footage back when it was not free does not represent the game as it is now.

I don't mean to be rude here but you are basically claiming "Final Fantasy XIV sucks!  I know this because I played it when it first came out, so why should I assume any changes were made to make it play better?"

You do know what I'm getting at, right?

All jokes aside.

Hopefully this change comes to consoles, and when/if it does I'll give Evolve a shot.

savagejoe444 and Apex Spartan like this