• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MadDemon64

Pokemon GO

13 posts in this topic

So, Pokemon GO is finally out.  Who has it and is there an AJSA group?

articman likes this

Thanks for posting this, I will be downloading it now that I know it's out. 

So, for everyone who plays, there are three teams: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.  Which should be the one the AJSA is associated with?

Given that the AJSA's colours are red, black, and white... I think Moltres is the only choice.
I'm a little disappointed these are the only teams available, I was hoping for teams based on the criminal teams from the games or something better than just the Gen 1 legendary birds.
I hope there will be more teams added when more content is eventually added... do you know if it's possible to change what team you are affiliated with?
The AJSA might want to change what team we support in the future if more are added.
But yeah, for the time being, I say we go Moltres/Valor.

This freaking game man...... So many funny and dumb shit happened recently.

There's a car crash because the driver is playing this game.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/gaming/apps/man-crashes-car-playing-pokemon-woman-gets-stuck-in-graveyard/news-story/d1df222cd208db48cb6097fcba7745ea

And in Singapore, an Australian got deported because he complained that Singapore doesn't have Pokemon GO, and badmouthing Singapore because of that.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36761331

I played this game for 10 minutes, and when I found out that I have to walk to other places to get more stuff, and this game can drain my phone battery really quickly, no thanks! It's winter outside my house, and I don't want to get sick. I hate getting the flu.

9 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

This freaking game man...... So many funny and dumb shit happened recently.

There's a car crash because the driver is playing this game.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/gaming/apps/man-crashes-car-playing-pokemon-woman-gets-stuck-in-graveyard/news-story/d1df222cd208db48cb6097fcba7745ea

And in Singapore, an Australian got deported because he complained that Singapore doesn't have Pokemon GO, and badmouthing Singapore because of that.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36761331

I played this game for 10 minutes, and when I found out that I have to walk to other places to get more stuff, and this game can drain my phone battery really quickly, no thanks! It's winter outside my house, and I don't want to get sick. I hate getting the flu.

Well, that's peoples' faults, not Pokemon GO.

The car crash is really just the result of "texting and driving", albeit with Pokemon GO instead of texting, and the Australian guy was just an idiot who probably complains about everything.

Yea the drain is a pain, which is why I really only play it in spurts, specifically when I walk my dog.

Kaz32 and DoctorEvil like this

On 7/15/2016 at 11:09 PM, MadDemon64 said:

Well, that's peoples' faults, not Pokemon GO.

The car crash is really just the result of "texting and driving", albeit with Pokemon GO instead of texting, and the Australian guy was just an idiot who probably complains about everything.

Yea the drain is a pain, which is why I really only play it in spurts, specifically when I walk my dog.

People can be so stupid. Worst part is the media will probably say something like "Pokemon Go is the spawn of the devil" or "proof that games ruin people's lives" because of these dumbasses.

There's even times where people play this game at funerals.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/gaming/apps/pokemon-go-players-cant-even-stop-playing-at-funerals/news-story/2aa1400208e516c180218512f7d00ccb

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/news/box-hill-cemetery-swamped-by-people-playing-pokemon-go-as-cheif-executive-philip-bachelor-urges-people-to-be-respectful/news-story/aec7297c9f8afe59faed4c78ef94bd91

These people man........ Don't they have any self awareness or decency??? 

Honestly I didn't know shit about this game until all of a sudden my feed on social medias got invaded by POKEMON GO things and people playing it like crazy. People literally, 100s of them all together in group in front of some university all walked around it because a legendary pokemon apparently spawned or something.

Honestly, it's funny seeing people socilize and enjoy a game that much. I've seen so many adult people doing it and being so happy about it. Hell, it's a game that forces people to go out and walk around and socilize, which is nice, but then again, it also gives them even more reason to not get their eyes off of their phones when they are outside or with friends and that's kind of a pain in the ass. I hate when you talk to people or are with a group of people and they just stare at their phones, typing shit.

I mean tho, still, people are having fun with this game and it's kinda funny and cool and that's all that matters. Idiots playing it on funerals and doing bad shit with this game are basically like gamers who do some bad things just cauze they are assholes, but media blames it on games so...

Game doesn't make you do bad things. It's you.

Kaz32 likes this

1 hour ago, Apex Spartan said:

Honestly I didn't know shit about this game until all of a sudden my feed on social medias got invaded by POKEMON GO things and people playing it like crazy. People literally, 100s of them all together in group in front of some university all walked around it because a legendary pokemon apparently spawned or something.

Honestly, it's funny seeing people socilize and enjoy a game that much. I've seen so many adult people doing it and being so happy about it. Hell, it's a game that forces people to go out and walk around and socilize, which is nice, but then again, it also gives them even more reason to not get their eyes off of their phones when they are outside or with friends and that's kind of a pain in the ass. I hate when you talk to people or are with a group of people and they just stare at their phones, typing shit.

I mean tho, still, people are having fun with this game and it's kinda funny and cool and that's all that matters. Idiots playing it on funerals and doing bad shit with this game are basically like gamers who do some bad things just cauze they are assholes, but media blames it on games so...

Game doesn't make you do bad things. It's you.

Yep.

I play it, went with Team Valor. Sadly I got an Ipod so I can't really go out to catch em unless there is a way.

More than half a year has passed and I stopped playing probably 2 months in after downloading it. I dropped it when I realized there's no point to battling except seeing yourself at a Gym for awhile. No rewards, no prizes, no badges, no point for taking a Gym except for some kind of training. Becomes even more problematic if there's no gyms in the areas you frequent. Was pretty addicting catching and powering up Pokemans for awhile, but got old quick when they just become "trophies".