• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RuneX

NES Classic Mini Console Announced

13 posts in this topic

NES Classic Mini Console Announced - 30 Games Built In (No cartridge slot, though...)

MPjZT3HGVICYbOecOb7k_h9bqvPd0j7j.jpg

Today the company announced what it's calling the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. It looks just like a NES, only a lot tinier, and it comes with 30 games built in. You can connect it to your TV via a HDMI cable, and it also includes a controller designed to work just like the iconic rectangular NES gamepad. (The new controller will also connect to a Wii Remote, so that you can use it to play Virtual Console games on a Wii or Wii U.)

In addition to HDMI support and a lack of cartridges, the new mini-console also features one useful modern convenience: multiple suspend points, so that you won't have to fumble around with passwords when you start playing a game again. The NES Classic Edition will be available on November 11th for $59.99.

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. It also includes 30 full games.

The games included are:

• Balloon Fight
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Castlevania
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Double Dragon II: The Revenge
  • Dr. Mario
  • Excitebike
  • Final Fantasy
  • Galaga
  • Ghosts'N Goblins
  • Gradius
  • Ice Climber
  • Kid Icarus
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Mario Bros.
  • Mega Man 2
  • Metroid
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Pac-Man
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
  • StarTropics
  • Super C
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

News Source

Nintendo Website Post

This looks cool. Nice to see an official console like this rather that a tacky, 3rd party knock off.

RuneX likes this

For $60 it's an instant buy for me.

When I was two years old, my dad bought me an NES. It came with Super Mario Bros. and the rest is history.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

This looks cool. Nice to see an official console like this rather that a tacky, 3rd party knock off.

To be honest your actually better of with one of those third party knock off's!

I like retro games but lets just take a step back and do the real Waltz.  There are literally dozens of alternatives to this like the Retro Bit, Retro Duo, Retron 5, Retro Hamy..... the list goes on and on.  Most of these are compatible with more platforms, the original cartridges + controllers, downloadable ROMS and at $60 it ain't exactly the cheapest either.  Some of them even support cloud saves and DVR!

Not only that most of the title's in this comparatively small list of games are already available on other Nintendo platforms including the 3DS and Wii U as well as PSP, Vita.....  again the list goes on forever.

I'm sorry but this is pathetic!  This thing has come out at least a decade to late, the only thing marketable about it is that is has the Nintendo logo and that's it.

Legolas_Katarn likes this

I'm pretty sure many of those are better than this. The value falls even more when so many of the games are available in compilations or in an updated form on the SNES in Mario's case.

Did anyone here luck out and get one today? I feel that Nintendo handled marketing of this product very poorly. I've heard reports that some stores had only a handful while other stores received none at all. What's worse is nobody seems to know when or if they'll be restocked at all. Nintendo says they're making more to meet demand and will sell them into the holiday and new year etc. However if they knew about the demand, don't you think they would've created more to sell or this the new way of doing things now? I'm glad some people lucked out but I feel for fans, myself included for not being able to get one. I don't need one per say but I mean for the money it's worth it imo. Some of these titles in their original format are expensive as it is and I love retro gaming.

I'm sorry if my post is a bit of an "angry rant" but this is absolute BS. We had this problem when the Wii first launched as well. Is this how the "Switch" is going to be handled? Sigh.... lol I need a drink

On 11/11/2016 at 1:45 PM, LiquidArea said:

Did anyone here luck out and get one today? I feel that Nintendo handled marketing of this product very poorly. I've heard reports that some stores had only a handful while other stores received none at all. What's worse is nobody seems to know when or if they'll be restocked at all. Nintendo says they're making more to meet demand and will sell them into the holiday and new year etc. However if they knew about the demand, don't you think they would've created more to sell or this the new way of doing things now? I'm glad some people lucked out but I feel for fans, myself included for not being able to get one. I don't need one per say but I mean for the money it's worth it imo. Some of these titles in their original format are expensive as it is and I love retro gaming.

I'm sorry if my post is a bit of an "angry rant" but this is absolute BS. We had this problem when the Wii first launched as well. Is this how the "Switch" is going to be handled? Sigh.... lol I need a drink

I think its the same people who did the amiibo marketing. So to be honest I lost a lot of faith with nintendo and now on top of this limited market they are locking on disk content, unless you have the right plastic figure for it.

LiquidArea likes this

On 11/13/2016 at 7:27 PM, Ninjaneer said:

I think its the same people who did the amiibo marketing. So to be honest I lost a lot of faith with nintendo and now on top of this limited market they are locking on disk content, unless you have the right plastic figure for it.

I agree and while I still love Nintendo, I have to wonder sometimes what the thought process is when it comes to marketing sometimes. I haven't heard about the locking disk content, however that's a shame if that's what they're doing. Hopefully with the "Switch" they abolish region lock.

Ninjaneer likes this

For Hyrule Warriors you need the link amiibo to unlock the spinner (thats the only way I know how to unlock it), for LoZ Twilight Princess you need the wolf link amiibo to unlock a bonus dungeon so you can get the bottomless wallet, for splatoon you need the inkling amiibos to unlock the hero weapon set/ unique armor sets. Those are all the ones I could think off the top of my head. 

LiquidArea likes this

Wonder if they make a mini SNES version next year? :D

On 11/25/2016 at 7:09 AM, LiquidArea said:

Wonder if they make a mini SNES version next year? :D

If they do, good luck trying to get your hands on one.

LiquidArea likes this