• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

StraightUpMelon

Road to BF1

26 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I figured I should make a thread for BF1 because I have seen a few posts about it and thought that we could post about it here! Anyway, I learned a few new things about the game today thanks to LevelCap. He made a video about what BF1 did right. There is some really good info in there and I encourage you to watch it and leave your opinions below. 

LiquidArea and Zero Foxtrot like this

Yea there is tons of good stuff being fixed from previous games here. When I used to watch BF4 trailers and gameplay I was like, "Meh, it looks okay", but I wasn't excited enough to buy it. I didn't care if the launch would be shit, because I knew I wouldn't buy it anyway. I really hope BF1 launch goes well for now, because I'm honestly excited for this one, but I won't get too hyped because I don't wanna get dissapointed.

I mean the game looks fantastic, I love the details like weapons getting wet and dirty, vehicle enter/exit animations, the destruction is amazing, the spawn screen looks sexy, the dynamic weather is great etc

I'm glad that most Battlefield veterans, that includes Youtubers are focusing on multiplayer aspect of the game, rather than singleplayer. Even if SP dissapoints (big chance), most people who played BF know why they play it: for multiplayer.

If they fuck up the multiplayer, nobody would be playing BF. The campaign plays such a small role and it's mostly people out of the Battlefield series who aren't close to it, that think campaign is a big deal. It's really not for this game. I used to pay full prices on previous BF games without campaign and I would have minimum 500h of fun in them ALL, without campaign. I have 500h in BF3 and I never played the campaign and it's like that with most BF veterans. People just play it for unlocks in Multiplayer.

DICE, just get the launch right, don't fuck up the MP and get your netcodes fixed and you should be fine. If they do that right, I'm buying this game if I upgrade my PC, but I'm not preordering. Never lol

I kind of like DICE, but I dont wanna preorder EA titles no matter what.

StraightUpMelon likes this

Want a multi player and don't really care about the campaign? Don't set your game in World War One!

This isn't something machi-marine bullshit you can make up without a care like BF 3 and 4, this is a real war that ended millions of real lives.

So sorry apex, but I couldn't agree with you less. If DICE choose do this and put the kind of piss poor effort into the campaign we saw in BF4, then fuck this game.

People only being interested in the new battlefield for multiplayer is fine, but to me excusing this game if it were to have a bad campaign that had a lackluster effort behind it is just disrespectful as DICE putting in that lack of effort in the first place.

Bamboe and Crazycrab like this

41 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Want a multi player and don't really care about the campaign? Don't set your game in World War One!

This isn't something machi-marine bullshit you can make up without a care like BF 3 and 4, this is a real war that ended millions of real lives.

So sorry apex, but I couldn't agree with you less. If DICE choose do this and put the kind of piss poor effort into the campaign we saw in BF4, then fuck this game.

People only being interested in the new battlefield for multiplayer is fine, but to me excusing this game if it were to have a bad campaign that had a lackluster effort behind it is just disrespectful as DICE putting in that lack of effort in the first place.

Chill, it's a game.

" This isn't something machi-marine bullshit you can make up without a care like BF 3 and 4, this is a real war that ended millions of real lives. "

This is the most stupid thing I heard. And making games on "machi-marine bullshit" is fine and thousands of people don't die today for their for their homes and far from their homes? But making a game on war that happened long ago is bad because more people died? Then you are basically saying games are bad. WW1, WW2, modern war, what difference does it make? Also BF1942 was set in WW2 and without campaign and it's the game that kickstarted and changed the entire FPS multiplayer genre.

Saying a campaign should be good because it's in the WW1 and because millions of died? Lol

They can set the game in whatever war they want. It's a fuckin video game and they make it, it can play any way it wants to. Video game developing is creative freedom so they can do however they want.

Also that was MY opinion, I wasn't speaking for everyone and I was mostly speaking about people who play it for the MP, like myself. When I say it shouldn't have a good campaign, I'm not saying it SHOULD be like that, but knowing it's DICE, many people will cry about it anyway and say it's bad. It's DICE. Did you already see how they potrayed WW1? It's alternate WW1 and it's too explosive, it's just a Battlefield game. People should go play Verdun if they want a "real WW1" experience. I can already tell that everyone will whine cauze all this smartasses like "I wanna experience WW1" people will go play the game and just point to every fuckin' flaw and cry about it, NO MATTER how good it will be. After that, everyone will say it's trash, compare it to Verdun and say it's unrealistic, because people like to fanboy shit and act smart on the internet, speaking like they experienced WW1 or got a diploma in it.

I don't expect DICE to pull of the campaign well enough to satisfy those people. It might be good to people who love fancy explosions, graphics and cinematics, but that's about it. But I can already tell right now, most people will be saying it's bad and unrealistic while the other say it's just a generic war campaign. Most will stick to play the game for MP, Battlefield started as MP and it's what kept it alive and turned it into what it is today. I'm saying if the campaign fails, it won't destroy the game or it's sales, most people will stick for the MP and DICE should put most effort into the MP, than the campaign, because I know they can't do both of them perfectly and they will sacrafice the campaign instead.

If they pull of the campaign and make it at least a solid 7/10, then that's great. I'll play it myself, but do you really think they will succeed it making a good campaing in it? I pretty much doubt it.

Seriously, after BF3 and BF4, you think anyone cared or talked for too long about the campaigns? All reviews were 90% focused on the MP and the game succeded as much as they did for the MP, not the SP. That's BF's most BIGGEST sale point and it will always be and DICE will focus on that. EVERY single of their BF had mediocre campaigns. So unless they really want BF1's biggest sale point or biggest impact to be the campaign, yea sure they might do well then, but I doubt that's their plan.

And once again, just because they make it WW1 setting doesn't mean they need a campaign. Since when is that a rule?

If you expect a good WW1 campaign or plan to play BF1 just for the campaign, in all seriousness, it's better to play Verdun. Who in their right minds would want to play BF3 or BF4 forcampaign? And I wouldn't put too much hope into BF1's campaign after BF4, just like you said it youesself.

Most people play the games for the MP. If I had to choose between COD and BF, I would choose COD for the SP even tho I fuckin' hate and I got tired of these generic war campaigns, whether they are historcial or not. Battlefield would be nowhere and it would be just an uknown name if it was a campaign focused video game. Only campaigns they had was BFBC1, 2, BF3, BF4 and now BF1. BF3 and BF4 campagins were pure waste of time, let's be honest. They could of spent that time at least trying to fix the netcode and launch, rather than wasting time on generic campaigns. Why should I trust a company that already made 2 generic campaigns? I mean they might make a really good campaign, but I doubt it. I'm not saying the campaign will be bad, but I think it will be. And if you wanna play it for the SP alone, rather play some other game focused on WW1. I hope I'm wrong and that the campaign will be good, but I just doubt it.

Seirex and StraightUpMelon like this

27 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Ditto, plus we know that the multiplayer is going to be the same pay-to-win fueled greedy ass bullshit because that DICE and EA always do.

I don't how people can defend this game saying it's going to be awesome by just simply ignoring every negative aspect of the game that might be negative.  That's counter objective, stupid and I'm sick of the hypocritical bullshit that so common among the Battlefield fanbase where they jump down the throats of the fans of other games when Battlefield does the same thing if not worse.

For every aspect where DICE make a legitimate effort there's something where they are just simply cashing in on that same hypocritical mentality without anybody even caring their being robbed blind, It both frustrates and depresses me.  If this exact same game was released with the title "Call of Duty: 1" the reaction would be the 100% opposite and that's a fact.

That's all I've got to say, buy the game if you want to and I genuinely hope you enjoy it, just make sure it's for right reasons.

I never said the campaign had to be brilliant otherwise it's wrong, I just want to believe that DICE are gonna respect thier chosen subject matter enough to put a respectable amount of effort into it. I'm as convinced as you are they'll cock it up, what I don't want to see is the typical hi fiving,  cheesy stupidly we've sadly come to expect from this series.

I bet that the same people who cursed dice for not having a campaign in Battlefront are same people who'll excuse a Michael Bay WW1 story it this game because "it's all about multiplayer. Think on that for a moment.

You can't trip me up with Verdun because for what it is and priced as a game no campaign is to be expected and it's shows respect and remembrance through its gritty realism. Even the early COD games had a tragic undertone that showed respect for thier subject matter, but will dice even try?

I all I can add is, I hope so.

Apex Spartan likes this

36 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Ditto, plus we know that the multiplayer is going to be the same pay-to-win fueled greedy ass bullshit because that DICE and EA always do.

I don't how people can defend this game saying it's going to be awesome by just simply ignoring every negative aspect of the game that might be negative.  That's counter objective, stupid and I'm sick of the hypocritical bullshit that so common among the Battlefield fanbase where they jump down the throats of the fans of other games when Battlefield does the same thing if not worse.

For every aspect where DICE make a legitimate effort there's something where they are just simply cashing in on that same hypocritical mentality without anybody even caring their being robbed blind, It both frustrates and depresses me.  If this exact same game was released with the title "Call of Duty: 1" the reaction would be the 100% opposite and that's a fact.

That's all I've got to say, buy the game if you want to and I genuinely hope you enjoy it, just make sure it's for right reasons.

-How are the games pay2win? That's just a crappy excuse for people who can't aim and then say, "you have better aim because you got that scope you bought in the shortcut bundle for Assault"

BF3 and BF4 were really good multiplayer focused game. True, they had their bad sides and many, but eventually they got fixed. Also tons of people like me, for that reason, bought them on sales and enjoyed the shit out of them. And I NEVER bought any shortcuts or bullshit and I still had better KD and W/L than most "PREMIUM" scrubs and I still enjoyed the game as any other. It doesn't give you OP weapons or any advantage and all accessories and weapons are unlocked and best equipment is in the vanilla game. The game was never p2w. Sure you can buy a bundle of crappy accessories if you too lazy to spend time unlocking them, but that removes one part of the fun in the game and most such people quit the game.

I've never seen anyone complain that Battlefield is p2w, like ever in my entire 14 years of playing the series.

I'm not sure if you are talking about me, but I dare you to find all my Battlefield posts and count how many times I said DICE fucked up. I bought BF4 on sale because I knew it was a fuck up. Yes, the games are awesome and if nobody wants to believe it fine, but it's a series that kickstarted and changed MP shooters to this day and escaped from the small arena shooters to big open maps and vehicle warfare with Operation Eagle, which later turned to Battlefield. SO yea, the games are awesome. I talked about their negatives a million times, so if next time someone says I'm a fanboy who ignores negatives, I won't even argue with that person. Might as well treat them like they are blind or just wanna argue on pupose. I'm not a person who dissmises a game or doesn't buy it because it has some negative sides. If  the gameplay is trully fun for me, I already like the game. If it has bugs and issues, I wait for it to get fixed. Just because I play games with negative sides, doesn't mean I ignore them, but I don't whine and I don't need a game to be perfect. Battlefield has it's bad sides. Give me a game that doesn't?

if you hate the game, feel free to do so, but hating it and making up stupid reasons is just like me saying that it's a perfect game and best FPS in the world. Also where do BF players jump on throat of other games, besides COD? Which is pretty natural, like with all idiots on the internet. Competition between fans on the internet is like that, it's normal. Gotta live with it.

-If you hate DICE so much, which obviously you do because since BF1's announcment, all you've been doing is offended Battlefield players here and making them reply to your hate comments towards DICE and BF. Several times you even quoted me to explain why I like the game or you pointed out my "flaws", telling me why I shouldn't like a game that I like. You come to a thread which was meant for a peaceful discussion for people who like the game and you come here shittalk and offended Battlefield fans and you think they won't reply and this thread won't turn into a shitstorm?
If you hate the game and DICE so much, why not stay away from the threads? As far as I see, it's not a thread where it says, "Let's talk about how shit BF and DICE are" or "What do you think BF1 is like?", but I see a thread made by a guy who enjoyed a video about BF1 and wanted our opinions on it and not discussion on why we all hate DICE and Battlefield. What you are doing is very hyprocritical as well. You tell BF fans come to shit talk other games, yet you come here and talk shit about BF1 and BF fans in a thread which is meant to discuss the game normally. Irony?

-That's what I was saying in my post all the time. I don't believe the campaign will succeed and it's why I buy BF games for the multiplayer and so far I didn't regret anything. I would of if I bought BF4 for full price, but I didn't. I bought it for 10 euros and enjoyed the game a lot for that amount of money.

21 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I never said the campaign had to be brilliant otherwise it's wrong, I just want to believe that DICE are gonna respect thier chosen subject matter enough to put a respectable amount of effort into it. I'm as convinced as you are they'll cock it up, what I don't want to see is the typical hi fiving,  cheesy stupidly we've sadly come to expect from this series.

I bet that the same people who cursed dice for not having a campaign in Battlefront are same people who'll excuse a Michael Bay WW1 story it this game because "it's all about multiplayer. Think on that for a moment.

You can't trip me up with Verdun because for what it is and priced as a game no campaign is to be expected and it's shows respect and remembrance through its gritty realism. Even the early COD games had a tragic undertone that showed respect for thier subject matter, but will dice even try?

I all I can add is, I hope so.

I understand what you meant, but I don't know if my english is bad or people misunderstand me. I always keep on saying that I just doubt BF1 campaign will be good, because their previous campaigns were shit and I personally will still buy the game if the MP is executed well, because that's why I always play BF for. I stopped playing first person shooter campaigns long ago, for obvious reasons, unless it's something like METRO or whatever. For some reason, several times in AJSA when I said "BF1 will have a bad campaign so I will rather focus on the MP", people thought I said "BF1 doesn't need a campaign." I never said that, closest I said to that was BF games would be great as MP alone, without the campaign, because DICE is pretty bad at making campaigns and it's honestly, so far, only given a bad reputation to BF.

I didn't even care for Battlefront. I knew it was gonna be shit and I was never really onto the hype. I don't excuse DICE for not having a campaign in Battlefront because old Battlefronts had them, so DICE fucked it up and I'm not defending Battlefront at all. I won't even say shit about because I honestly haven't played it and I don't intend to.

I never even said DICE was a great company, I just like them because they developed one of the best FPS Multiplayer games for me, but that doesn't mean I suck their balls.They fuck up hard, but I'm not a little bitch who boycotts games or companies. I don't preorder anything so I never regret it and I have no reason to hate a company. They fucked up BF4's launch so I bought it a year later on sale for 10 euros and I enjoyed the game a lot for that money. I have no reason to hate on DICE, because if their game is shit, I will just forget it. BF:Hardline was a big fuck up both by DICE and visceral and I didn't buy it or play it and I don't intend to. It's crap and they fucked it up. Boohoo, am I supposed to hate DICE and boycott them? Nah. I'll buy the next game they make if it's good for me. That's how I work and that's how I play games. I don't hold any grudges or boycott, it's pointless and kind of childlish. I always believe that a company can do better at some point.

I just wanna say for anyone that wants BF1 to succeed in campaign, good luck to you guys, but I'm just saying tread carefully. If you wanna play it for the MP, we might have a big chance it will be good, but I'm still not on the hypetrain. Yes, most things look awesome about it, but it's not like they gonna come out and say, "Okay, let's make a trailer and show everything bad the game will have." This is why I said in countless threads, I'm not preordering or even planning to preorder the game. I will be waiting for launch and early reviews and then I'll decide.

It's just annoying because several times people labelled me like I'm a DICE fanboy just because I enjoy BF games and they hate it and it's annoying as hell and even when I talk about all the bad sides of BF, people ignore it and say I lick their balls cauze I like BF4 O_o

Jeez,like damn people. It's 7 billion people on Earth. We don't have to like the same things...

I did not intend to start a disagreement within the thread, if you dislike BF1, I don't mind. We all have our prefrences in gaming. But please don't argue about something not really that important. It is a game, I am passionate about certain aspects of gaming aswell and understand the views of all of you! I just want this thread to be more of a hype train than anything else. I made the thread to post about the positive sides of BF1 and what we think about them, hence the name "Road to BF1". We can get our hands on this game soon enough, when the Beta comes! :)

One thing I would like see done properly is I hope they don't use the same UI as in Battlefront, because it already looks a little similar. Good to hear the squad feature got fixed, but honestly I've never had issues with not getting in the same squad as my friends in any games, unless they just couldn't get in the same team because it was already full or the squad couldn't handle more than 4-5 people.

33 minutes ago, StraightUpMelon said:

I did not intend to start a disagreement within the thread, if you dislike BF1, I don't mind. We all have our prefrences in gaming. But please don't argue about something not really that important. It is a game, I am passionate about certain aspects of gaming aswell and understand the views of all of you! I just want this thread to be more of a hype train than anything else. I made the thread to post about the positive sides of BF1 and what we think about them, hence the name "Road to BF1". We can get our hands on this game soon enough, when the Beta comes! :)

Correct, so in the spirit of getting things back on track;

Do you think the'll have the trench warfare thing going in the multiplayer? I ask because if one thinks about I'm not sure that's a great concept for a game. Battles like Paschendale were slow battles of attrition and would that really work for a video game multiplayer? Having said that I would much prefer something unlike BF4 personally not because I though it was bad or anything I would just want to see something creative and fun yet as authentic as can be with these scenarios.

13 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Correct, so in the spirit of getting things back on track;

Do you think the'll have the trench warfare thing going in the multiplayer? I ask because if one thinks about I'm not sure that's a great concept for a game. Battles like Paschendale were slow battles of attrition and would that really work for a video game multiplayer? Having said that I would much prefer something unlike BF4 personally not because I though it was bad or anything I would just want to see something creative and fun yet as authentic as can be with these scenarios.

Well when all the streamers and youtubers started playing they were wondering whether the France faction was in the game. The Devs said that that would be a DLC. And to my understanding France was where most of the trench warfare took place! Hopefully this isn't some cash grab for fans that want hardcore trench warfare. However I have heard rumours that some BF1 DLC will be free. One clue to this is that they have not announced Premium yet so we will have to wait and see. 

You know a million things can change right, the videos we've seen are alpha. The game is still in development. You won't really be able to speculate until it's in beta. We all have things we would like to see in the game, they might be there..might not. Let's wait and see before we doom or prase the software 

One thing that makes me angry is I already know most future maps will come as DLCs. I mean if they made one expansion pack/DLC then fine,but fuckin' EA releases them in 5 and then PREMIUM gives you access to all at a full price of the game. I did for BF3 and while I didn't fully regret it, I still regretted it mostly because most of the community played the vanilla maps, which is good, but most of the DLC maps, even in BF4, would later become empty and everyone would stick to vanilla maps. DLCs just split the community apart, not just in BF but it happens in many games. Tbh IF I decide to buy the game, I doubt I will be buying any DLCs until they are on a really big sale. Sometimes they only worth for some weapons, but that isn't good enough to justify their prices. 

I wish they had a better DLC/expansion model, like release 1 or 2 and not freaking 5 of them. Sure, it adds tons of maps to the games and replayability options for MP but it also divides the community apart and then later all DLC maps after a few months of release just die out and everyone sticks to vanilla instead. After buying BF3 Premium in 2012, I decided not to do it again. It's just not worth it, it just splits the community apart. I also bought it on a 20 euro sale I think, but I don't think I would of enjoyed it if I bought it at full price. There is no way I'm gonna be getting any premium shit for BF1 if it comes out.

Westie talks about a few mechanics in the game and some other things that might be worth knowing.

Apex Spartan likes this

The presentation I've seen so far for BF1 has been fantastic. The problem is that this comes straight after Battlefront, which similarly had amazing graphical style and presentation but turned out to be crap. Despite my excitement for it, I'm erring on the side of caution.

That said, I'm happy with the changes they've made and the advances in destruction, vehicle mechanics and other minor details (the zoom in animation for spawning is cool).

My hope is that the Rush mode will involve a lot more of the WW1 Attrition Warfare as players have to fight their way up a mountain or across a field to take Trenches from the defending players. Defence and Machine Gun Emplacements were king on the Western front and millions of men died trying to take them. That's what Rush would be good at simulating.

StraightUpMelon and Seirex like this

A little bit of Behind the Scenes for you! :) 

Thanks for sharing, Melon! :joembo:

I don't see the Premium Pass anywhere listed yet for pre-order/"Deluxe" editions just yet. Selling it separate I see?

51 minutes ago, RuneX said:

Thanks for sharing, Melon! :joembo:

I don't see the Premium Pass anywhere listed yet for pre-order/"Deluxe" editions just yet. Selling it separate I see?

Good point! However I forgot to mention the Ultimate Edition! Includes premium! https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/battlefield-1-ultimate-edition/br2h94xgwqfr

I don't like the premium at early prices like that. Don't wanna pay almost 90 euros for one game. If I do decide to buy BF1, I will wait for premium to go on sale and then get it maybe. While I think premium features are nice, I still think 40-50 euros is overkill.

So yet another fucking ridiculously overpriced season pass mostly full of maps.  I really hate that because it effectively splits the player base.  I'm okay with cosmetic stuff, story expansions and even game modes but not stuff that leaves other players who didn't buy it hanging.....  It's not fair. 

The fans are obviously buying them so I guess someone isn't learning their lesson.  Weather that someone is EA or the fanbase is anyone's guess.  It really bugs me that people think charging double the price for half a game is acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I really hate that because it effectively splits the player base.

Honestly it's not that bad and it's the least of an issue. Vanilla maps always stay the best and most popular ones either way. I remember BF3 days when Premium came out, each expansion pack that came out was popular for a month or so and then everyone goes back to vanilla maps for some reason and similar thing happened to BF4. Also eventually everyone gets them on sales so it's not a big problem however...

While I honestly enjoy their expansion packs and they are still 10 times better than what you get in other multiplayer FPS, it's just the starting price that's kind of bullshit. 50 dollars, paying it as an entire game is too much. Price of one expansion pack alone isn't that horrible for the amount of content since it usually has new maps, new gamemodes and new weapons and vehicles, but it's just the Premium I have an issue with. While I think it's great, it's still a stupid price. I mean you basically pay it as much as the game itself...

For Premium NOW, all you are paying for is access to FUTURE content. People will now preorder premium and pay 60 dollars for content they will not even get NOW, but 2-3 months from release then another and another 3-6 months and basically the only time is worth getting Premium IMO is when most DLCs are out...

However, Preordering is the issue here.

I have no issue with Premium itself and shit, but it would just be nice if people didn't instantly preorder it. Whatever if people wanna buy it when it comes out, but when they at least know how the game will be and all fine, but people will start to preorder the game with the Premium without even knowing how the game will be...

If I do end up liking BF1, I'll be waiting for 2-3 DLCs to come out first before thinking about buying Premium and that's even if the launch will be good. I know myself. If I end up liking the game, I'll put minimum of 500h in it and for me DLCs are worth it and Premium is worth getting when the price drops a little bit, which usually happens about a year from game's release, sometimes even 5-6 months which is great, because by that time only 1-2 DLCs will be out. Premium is a good way of investing if you KNOW you will like the game, but IMO it's more worth it when the price for it drops, at least to around 30-35 euros. The issue I think is kind of big is that so many people now preorder premium or buy it first few days when the game releases, without know how the game will be in the first place...

Preordering a game or season passes anywhere is a bad idea, but let's be honest, we all did it at some point so I can't point fingers. I also bought Bf3 Premium on first day of release, however I enjoyed it and found it worth, but it's not something I'll do again.

But in the end I don't judge anyone. If people wanna buy it and preorder it then fine, specially if they find it was worth for them. In the end, we all at one point did this practice and still do sometimes and I don't wanna be a hypocrite. Also I'm a fan of the franchise, but I'm still gonna be careful at this point. I haven't even decided to buy the game yet and I won't until reviews hit the surface and I'll only think about Premium when I decide that I enjoy the game enough to make my money's worth for premium, but that's only when the price for it drops. I ain't paying 50 euros for it. I find it a lot more worth to get when it's lower price.

Alright, so the lineup of modes look pretty tidy. All the standard stuff is there, then we have War Pigeons and Operations.

large.img.jpg

War Pigeons seems to be a variation on the CTF mode, where instead of capping the flag at your base you have to find a "safe location out in the open" (so you can't just hide, basically. You have to be outside somewhere to release it). This mode sounds pretty good for a change of pace, seeing as everyone will be beelining towards the pigeon or the person carrying it. Frantic and all that.

Plus who doesn't want to chase after a Pigeon?

large.img.jpg

From the description they've given, Operations reminds me a lot of the Attack/Defense mode from TF2 though obviously with some variation and differences.

The Attacker's job is to rush forward and capture the strategic points of the map and work their way through until they reach the last point, at which time the map will go forward to a "stage 2" and so on, presumably until they reach the very last point or until the defenders win at which point the teams will swap.

The Defender's job in this mode is pretty simple. Waste the Attacker's time and manpower until they run out of it using whatever defences they can muster (the site mentions "manning stationary Machine-guns and Cannons").

Another thing it says is that the Attackers must hold their captured points, which makes me wonder if the Defenders can take them back (which seems kind of unfair with the uphill struggle the attackers go through compared to the defender's home field advantage and unlimited respawns).

Overall, I'm excited about this mode the most. It makes a bit of a change from the other modes like Rush or Conquest without messing around with them too much. I'm hoping that it does feel like a proper push for the attackers to work their way through the map and that they don't make it too hard to win (as they did with the Walker Assault in Battlefront).

I spent far too long typing this out :P

We finally have a look at Single Player, personally I am very excited for SP. I don't usually play SP but this year I might just do that! Here is the Single Player Trailer! :D 

SgtMerrick likes this