• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

Konami want to "Win back our trust".... Bitch you for real!!!!

14 posts in this topic

So AlphaOmegaSin posted a video about a rather interesting article.  It seems like Konami have appointed a social media manager called Ben, who now has quite possibly the most difficult (most would go as far to say impossible) job in the history of gaming......  Getting gamer's and the gaming industry as a whole to trust them again!!!!

http://gamerant.com/konami-rep-earn-you-back/

giphy.gif

"Ben" has been on social media and reddit defending the company and trying to damage control and even teased that a new Metal Gear Solid game for consoles will be announced next year on the franchise's 30th anniversary.

This really makes me laugh because as far as I and I'm sure many of us are concerned the damage that Komani have done to their reputation is way beyond repair for the foreseeable future.  There is absolutely no way I would even consider buying another Metal Gear or any game from THIS Konami for that matter, even if it does somehow turn out to be good I don't care.

It does make me feel a little bit sorry for Ben, I mean this guy is wearing a pair ice skating boots and looking at an uphill slope the size of Everest.  He is just doing his job but in all seriousness Ben, the company you represent is a complete cunt factory and you know it.  Feel free to share your thoughts but in the mean time here are the thoughts of a loud, hairy, gaming metalhead.

ichig1vsnarut0 likes this

If I were him I'd delay as long as possible and count the days till I'm fired because its probably not ever getting better without kojima

Konami? Earning back our trust? After they literally said "F*** you!" to us all? Let's recap, shall we?

* They cancelled the new Silent Hills game, which I've heard was unlike anything anyone has ever played within the horror genre, completely screwing up any awesome potential it had.

* They charged 30 dollars for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, which was nothing but a demo, and could easily be completed in an hour.

* They rushed Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, replacing the second half of the game with repeated missions on harder difficulty, and cutting out the 3rd area of the game, and the actual final ending!

* All the former made Hideo Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear and a legendary writer and director, quit Konami.

* Konami stated they would quit making video games altogether, because "Mobile gaming is the future", basically saying "F*** you, to anyone who has ever liked us in the past 30 years! We want money and this is the only amount of effort we'll use!"

* Despite this, Konami are still intent on keeping the Metal Gear franchise, just to slap it on mobile games and slot machines.

So now, after all of this... Konami wants our trust back... because they're gonna redact their statement and keep on making Metal Gear games... without Kojima...

Yeah, no. Just no. 200% no.

Ranisel and Laserrifle125 like this

You forgot where they said Kojima wasn't allowed to attend the award ceremony thing. 

But yeah, they be effing fools if they think the thing they need to get trust back is social media sweet words rather than like... actually trying to make good games, which they themselves said have less interest in cuz they don't make a profit.

They also said the pachinko thing is in fact more profitable for them, and it's working well so far. So WHY do they want gamers' trust back? No seriously. I don't blame them for going pachinko if that's what pays em, they ARE a business after all. Though I think if they have no interest in developing games using their loved IPs, they should sell them to other game devs too (while keeping the right to make pachinko machines with em).

i just post what i posted on AOS's video:

Konami go Bankrupt already and take Ubisoft, Activision, EA and Capcom down with you.

Well we all known that Konami is not to be trusted due to there actions lately with the $40 metal gear solid ground zeros fiasco and the cancellation of silent hills. Now they have an new social media manager that can destroy the company for good.

Let us all be silent for 1 moment to reflect on Ben today. He's been given the worst job in the world right now. And chances are, it's only a matter of time before the pitchforks and stake pierces his heart. 

keep-calm-and-rip-ben.png

May Ben at least receive a painless death. 

Mourning

And for Ben, may this song prepare you for the trials you will face further.

Crazycrab likes this

9 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

* They fired David Hayter (the voice of Solid Snake) without any sort of notice. They just threw him out of the building, didn't even let him finish his lunch.

Wait. I thought it was Kojima's decision to replace David. 

Konami want to "Win back our trust"?

O97G1_s-200x150.giftumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gifLaughing-Then-Crying-Gif-Tumblr-06.giflaughing-gifs-evil-dead2.gif

Alexander452 likes this

4 hours ago, TamaskanLEM said:

Wait. I thought it was Kojima's decision to replace David. 

It was, Hideo Kojima and David Hayter had apparently been butting heads for quite some time.  I'm not willing to put anyone specifically at fault here as it seems to have been kinda mutual thing between the parties involved and it was Kojima and NOT Konami that really wanted David gone.

As much as I hate Konami I won't assign them the responsibility for alienating a credible voice actor when it is clear that Kojima is the one that pushed for it.  I'm not defending or demonizing anyone here I'm just simply stating how it was based on the information that I have.

ReviewTechUSA made a Video that explains in more detail.

19 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Let us all be silent for 1 moment to reflect on Ben today. He's been given the worst job in the world right now. And chances are, it's only a matter of time before the pitchforks and stake pierces his heart. 

keep-calm-and-rip-ben.png

I fully expect Ben to drown under a sea of negativity.

what fans ?

Well then, I don't envy Ben. Dude should get hazard pay for this.