• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Final Fantasy XV. Delayed. DELAYED!!!

23 posts in this topic

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/14/12461866/final-fantasy-15-delayed-november-2016

First Outlast 2, AND NOW THIS???

I'm going to eat.

Wait, why am I angry? I don't have a PS4! And Deus Ex Mankind Divided is coming next week, so all is fine. AHAHAHAHA!

Ah well, if I want a Final Fantasy game, I can just play Mobius Final Fantasy. A surprisingly great iPhone game, which is sadly, so much better than Final Fantasy XIII. Because it has job classes and actual strategic combat. And it's all free!

Aww FUCK MY LIFE!  This was the one game that was going to keep me sane through the fall.  Now it's going to be so much harder to ignore stupid bullshit like Battlefield Wannabe and COD Infinite Void.....  This is awful!

I'm actually playing Mobius Final Fantasy and if you classify this as a "great" game then you have lost the frigging plot!  Sure it's not as bad as some other FTP crap but it's still a repetitive and boring cash grab.  FTP games need to die!

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Aww FUCK MY LIFE!  This was the one game that was going to keep me sane through the fall.  Now it's going to be so much harder to ignore stupid bullshit like Battlefield Wannabe and COD Infinite Void.....  This is awful!

I'm actually playing Mobius Final Fantasy and if you classify this as a "great" game then you have lost the frigging plot!  Sure it's not as bad as some other FTP crap but it's still a repetitive and boring cash grab.  FTP games need to die!

Look at the bright side, there's Mafia 3, Deus Ex Mankind Divided and the Last Guardian. And Mother Russia Bleeds.

FTP games will never die unfortunately, but there are some really good ones. This is one of them. Because there's actual story even though it's pretty simple, the difficulty of the game is extremely fair, nice graphics, the music is really damn good, the game's combat uses actual strategy and it's easy to get high class items. I got maxed out level 3 & 4 cards from the shop after I collected 7 summon tickets, and now I'm an overpowered God. They're really easy to get too, just collect them by beating missions. I'm up to chapter 2 in the game and I have my thief, mage and warrior class leveled up. Haven't run out of stamina yet but I have 20 elixirs in case I lose a whole stamina bar, and I haven't spent a single real life cash, because there's no need for that shit.

Ah, and there's going to be special events in the game that lets you go to other Final Fantasy universes, like FF7

And XIII

Cool thing is you can play as characters in those games. I can't wait to play as Cloud and use Omnislash.

It's not like those other FTP games where it's like "congrats! You just beat level 1! Having fun? Well FUCK YOU! We will make the next stages winnable only if you buy an overpowered item for $100 real money! Or you can play the same stage over and over again and hope that you win by dumb luck. Happy grinding!" Fucking hate those games. Candy Crush or whatever games are made by King. Fuck those assholes. Why do they have to make games that are that...... frustrating and exploitative?? Why can't they make free to play games like in Japan, where it's made by real game devs that actually makes everything fair with variety in them???

Anyway, let's just not talk about Mobius FF or about FTP anymore because I have a feeling that this is going to go nowhere, and continue on to get pissed off that FFXV is delayed. Damn it, and I was planning to buy a PS4 for this! But I have a feeling that this game will have a PC release so...... meh.

Ah yes, and remember this? Made by just one guy. Can't wait to play it!

I'm sure FFXV will get a PC release but probably not till next year, it's already been a decade so no way am I waiting that long!

As I said Mobius is not as bad as most other FTP mobile games but it is NOT good.  The story is not the slightest bit engaging, the combat is mind numbingly repetitive and I don't know where you are getting this idea that there is strategy involved because all you have to do is hit the auto button and you'll win every time!  I do give it credit on how forgiving it is for free players but the game itself is rubbish! 

29 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm sure FFXV will get a PC release but probably not till next year, it's already been a decade so no way am I waiting that long!

As I said Mobius is not as bad as most other FTP mobile games but it is NOT good.  The story is not the slightest bit engaging, the combat is mind numbingly repetitive and I don't know where you are getting this idea that there is strategy involved because all you have to do is hit the auto button and you'll win every time!  I do give it credit on how forgiving it is for free players but the game itself is rubbish! 

Well, to you it's not good, but I have played tons of mobile games in the past, and this is not rubbish. Personally for me this is genuinely good. I know because I have played the rubbish ones, and there's a lot of them. 

I never use the auto button so I don't know about that. I actually died 2 times when fighting the later bosses because I fucked up using a skill too fast instead of using the element to buff my defenses. It gets tougher later on in the game, well at least until I got a maxed out level 4 skill and beat them with 1 hit.

Wait, didn't I say lets not talk about Mobius or FTP games anymore and move on? Let's just do that please. Bottom line is: you don't like mobile games, I like mobile games. You think all FTP games are rubbish, but I have played the rubbish ones and I know that there's good ones out there. The end, let's move on.

Interesting fact though: I played No Man's Sky for like 5 hours yesterday, and I swear to God, that game is what you call mind numbingly dull. Because you have to explore the planet, get resources for repairing and refueling your ship, and then move on to the next galaxy, and then do almost the exact same thing that you do before to create a fuel for your intergalactic travel, while hearing the same damn "inventory full" messages over and over and over again AH SHUT UP! It's not until after 5 hours where I actually get more inventory spaces for my suit, get a larger ship and get a better multi tool where the game actually starts to get fun and much better, but that early 5 hours man......... So goddamn boring! But thankfully I don't have many issues like others who play it on PC. The only issue I have is the drop in fps everytime I enter a new planet because the game is still loading the creatures.

Anyway, I rather wait for the PC version. If I buy a PS4 right now, it's $400, and I will only buy FFXV because I'll play other games on PC anyway. So what's the point?? Patience is virtue!!

The game's director posted a video explaining the delay, note that unless you understand Japanese you have to play the video with the captions on.

Basically they have completed the "master" version of the game, essentially a version that is complete and ready to be printed on the disc.  But they feel that this version is not quite polished enough so they had 2 choices:

1:  Release a day one patch which would effectively exclude offline players from the better version.

2:  Delay the release so that the patch could be included on the disc.

I'm actually glad they chose the latter.

56 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

1:  Release a day one patch which would effectively exclude offline players from the better version.

2:  Delay the release so that the patch could be included on the disc.

I'm actually glad they chose the latter.

So they need 2 months to include the day one patch to the game, even though the game is coming next month......

I rather have the game released next month. Who cares about the damn patch?? I don't care if the game requires a day one patch, I would totally get the game early and download the patch than wait for 2 fucking months! There's no way that the master version is so glitchy, broken and unpolished that it requires a day one patch that fixes it all. That patch must be for additional extras like maybe some Cloud or Squall extra costumes and weapons. I mean this game has been in development since freaking 2006. I'm sure the game right now is really freaking good already! It isn't made in only 1 year time like Assassin's Creed 3. COUGH COUGH COUGH and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 COUGH COUGH COUGH blueh!! Suddenly my throat tickles. GUUUUURRHHHH!!!! 

!!!! So because the master version is complete, then that means the game is ready right??? Damn it! I envy the people that will no doubt get an early copy of this game and post it to youtube before the game is released!!! DAMN YOU LEAKERS!!

Thankfully the PC version will be released when it's ready. And when that time comes, I will have vengeance!!! I will have salvation!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

On 8/15/2016 at 1:35 PM, Kaz32 said:

So they need 2 months to include the day one patch to the game, even though the game is coming next month......

I rather have the game released next month. Who cares about the damn patch?? I don't care if the game requires a day one patch, I would totally get the game early and download the patch than wait for 2 fucking months! There's no way that the master version is so glitchy, broken and unpolished that it requires a day one patch that fixes it all. That patch must be for additional extras like maybe some Cloud or Squall extra costumes and weapons. I mean this game has been in development since freaking 2006.

If this was an online game or being distributed by digital download only (like on PC) then I'd be inclined to agree, but to only allow the complete patched version of this single player offline game to people with internet access would be a complete slap in the face!  I'm also not going to assume that the current master version is in a suitable condition because if it was they obviously wouldn't need to delay/patch it!

I've waited 10 years for this game and I want it to be perfect,  what's another 2 months?

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

I don't know why you would want them to release a game with bugs or poor optimization issues that would effect player enjoyment, review scores, sales, and could cause problems for people with poor internet connections.

Looks like the delayed had the same kind of reaction as No Man's Sky delay did (though no one threatened to kill Jason this time)

Final Fantasy XV Delay Rumors Trigger Fan Meltdowns

a1_zpswo4yr0gi.png

savagejoe444 and Crazycrab like this

This is really a lose-lose situation for them.  If they put out they game on time but with a big day 1 patch, they get blasted by 1) people with bad/no internet, 2) reviewers who get the unpatched version and complain about all the bugs, and 3) people who are going to claim it's DLC that should have been on disk.

But if they do delay it, they get static from 1) people who say they don't care about bugs, 2) people who think every problem should have been fixed months/years ago due to how long it's been in production, and 3) their shareholders who want to see sales money coming in.

Personally, I'm glad they chose to delay.  Too many companies are relying on that "eh we can patch it later" mentality and pushing crappy rush jobs out the door.  To quote Shigeru Miyamoto: "A delayed game is good eventually, a bad game is bad forever."

Game is being delayed for polish. If it needs more time before release than all the better. The perception that a game is broken or requires additional work on release will damage sales and SquareEnix, from their point of view, need a win. 

Oddly enough I feel like SquareEnix always needs a win to break even or make an investment back, take Tomb Raider for example. 

8 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

I don't know why you would want them to release a game with bugs or poor optimization issues that would effect player enjoyment, review scores, sales, and could cause problems for people with poor internet connections.

If it's any other game, then I can get their decision to delay the game. But this game has been in development since 2006. They have all the time in the world to make the game fantastic, and I am damn certain that the master version is already a fantastic game with very minimal bugs and glitches. Unless Square is so inept that the game turns out to be like Assassin's Creed Unity.

What kind of patch does the game need anyway? Does Square Enix give explanation on why the game needs the patch? Like is the patch for new content that isn't in the game disk? Or is the patch for a game breaking glitch? Nope! They show jack shit. If they show video footage like CD Projekt when they decided to delay Witcher 3 back in 2014, then we can be relieved and be glad the game is delayed. But no! Square just say "oh we delay it for 2 more months because we want to include the day 1 patch to every copy of the game. Why does the game need that patch? Welllll........ we will not tell you. So just be patient and in the meantime PLAY BATTLEFIELD ONE AND COD IN SPACE BITCHES! Bahahahaha" Can't they just say why the game needs a patch? It's so easy to do. They know why it needs a patch, so just tell people why!

I am sure of this: when the master version of game is leaked early, the game will be amazing, and there will be people saying "so why is this game delayed again? Where's the glitches? There's no glitches! This game is awesome!! GIVE THIS GAME TO ME NOW!!!"

Ah well, what's done is done. The water has been spilled, and now it is time to wait! When the game is released come November, there will still be glitches, but it will be the most minute and nitpicky glitch ever, because I never see a Final Fantasy game having glaring glitches before. Only these

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_bugs_and_glitches

Because from history, any game have glitches, and especially with games that are delayed even though they promised the game will be glitch free. Like Witcher 3 having many glitches, like using a concotion that grants instant full heal making swallow potions a chump, the money glitch

or with npcs doing this

but I don't care because that game is fucking amazing. 

In the meantime, you can look forward to:

Kaz32 likes this

6 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

In the meantime, you can look forward to:

23 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Look at the bright side, there's Mafia 3, Deus Ex Mankind Divided and the Last Guardian. And Mother Russia Bleeds.

Ah yes, and remember this? Made by just one guy. Can't wait to play it!

You read my mind.

YEHEHEHES!!!! Now I'm looking forward to that game than ever before!

But I think the game will be released in 2017 so..... I hope FFXV's PC version is released in 2017 too.

I honestly don't mind the delay. I can at least put my focus on towards other games that have my interest like Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice, Shantae: Half Genie Hero, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, Dragon Quest VII, etc.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

i still focus my mind on the Remake of Schleichfahrt, System Shock and Outcast Second Contact (Outcast 1) which all 3 will be released in 2017 and all will be just fine...just fine.

It's better than having another No Man's Sky on our hands..

Also OP, Polygon? Really? You couldn't find a better source than them?

Mr_E_Meatshield and Crazycrab like this

If it's any other game, then I can get their decision to delay the game. But this game has been in development since 2006. They have all the time in the world to make the game fantastic, and I am damn certain that the master version is already a fantastic game with very minimal bugs and glitches.

That's not how development works, the game has changed focus and tech many times since it first started being developed and as Jason mentioned in his article on Kotaku

They have been having problems with the game that they need to work on.

A site that is frequently is one of the first to report on something? It's not likely that any of us frequent the small site that originally reported on it, and it is linked to in the article so technically his source is the original source and they are correct.

The debate of whether a game should be delayed, when the debtors of thread have yet to realize ain't gonna change a thing. Popcorn anyone? 

On 8/16/2016 at 2:24 PM, Glaice said:

It's better than having another No Man's Sky on our hands..

Honestly I have to agree. I did play No Man's Sky and it... it just isn't that interesting to me. It's more of an addicting chore.

I have a little update on the whole situation, recently some footage has come out of the new "Gold" version of the game and it's got to be said that the difference between this and the "Master" version we had before is pretty dramatic!  A much bigger improvement than I ever would have thought:

The Old "Master" Version

The New "Gold" Version 

Comparison Footage

The gold has sharper textures, greater DOF, less blur, better foliage among other improvements.  It's clear that they have been busy behind the scenes.

likes this

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

The gold has sharper textures, greater DOF, less blur, better foliage among other improvements.  It's clear that they have been busy behind the scenes.

This actually gives me some hope for it to be great, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic up until its release...