• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

So, what's your opinion of No Man's Sky?

32 posts in this topic

So I've spent the last 3-4 days away from home, but I was at my friend's hope for 2 days and he was kind of hyped for this game and he bought it. We played it on first day of release instantly for hours. Actually it was me playing most because he preferred watching a little cauze he was too tired to play by himself and he is a pretty lazy person when it comes to learning games himself, so as I played, I explained stuff to him.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm glad I wasn't hyped for this game. I think this game is a perfect example of a product that offers you huge amount of THINGS (quantitiy), but neither of those things are actually perfect or well polished (quality).

1. Combat - it is one of the most basic combats I've experienced in a long time. AI is as dumb as it can be: Doesn't take cover, it attacks only once you are in aggro range and it's too easy to predict.

Everyone was like you can kill NPCs, steal and be a pirate, but being a pirate in a game with combat as deep as nothing might as well just make this game a game where you grind resources 24/7 and "piracy" is just a means of getting more resources more efficently and quicker AND easier.

2. Optimization - I gotta say, it's a pretty bad port. UI is absolute trash, loading screen took forever and the constant restarting of the game after any SMALLEST change to graphics is really annoying, specially thanks to their long-ass loading screen when you boot up the game. Also general loss of FPS on some planets is annoying. I haven't played since the patch (if it was released?), but I've had a pretty bad time playing it.

3. Grind, grind and more grind - Start out with a terrible ship that consumes fuel on everything like it's farting it out, farm meteors and planets forever, fuel the ship back up, sell the rest of stuff, grind and farm Words and grind and repeat.

I've spent more time refueling my ship until I finally upgraded than doing anything else and by the time I upgraded it decently, I've already felt burned out. While first 30-40min felt great, it's after all the constant farming I realized I had to do, was when I realized this game doesn't fit me. Also the way you mine things...I mean just shoot at ANYTHING and it melts and turns into "resource" is pretty dumb, I mean zero depth to it.

Shoot a meteor with canoons and it turns into resource for you...what the actual f*ck? There is almost zero logic or depth in in this game.

4. "The expansive universe" - The game's biggest selling point. Quantrillion of planets, a number I can't even comprehend and a game that you can't explore even in a life time. A huge galaxy to explore and other ones to explore, yet with the depth of a generic open world game. Every planet I visited is unique true and all aliens I saw are also unique, true, but then again 90% of the ones I saw felt like just a 1000 combinations of dinosaurs. The game felt like Spore, but in a first person perspective. Creatures were unique, true, but still very similar in structure and all looked like dinosaurs of some kind. Most of them were either cute or just straight ridiculous. The game generates 1000s of different planets and critters, yet the only thing you can do on them is farm and explore, but you don't get anything much out of it, but personal gain for upgrades and resources. The game has no...interaction? It has things for you to farm and look and admire, but nothing to actually INTERACT with. Aliens looked different, game generated some kind of names and planets has less or more resources. It's like exploring a cave in minecraft. You might hit a goldmine or you might hit a bunch of deadly traps and almost no reward, but instead of caves, this game offers it in form of planets that nonethless almost always from OUTSIDE look unique, but once you hit the surface, it's usually only the same stuff you can do on that planet that you did on the last 50, but the only difference is, the planet comes in different color, ambiance and dangers, but once you explored 10 you almost explored them all in terms of interaction.

In the end, while I see this game can be a lot of fun for people, I really don't see this game as nothing but a Minecraft in space in all honesty. And while I find the engine super unique, it still only generates universe, but it doesn't generate new content for you to do. What you do on ONE planet is what you can do on another. If you can do 5 things on this planet, then you can do those same 5 things on all the 100 other ones you visit. For me No Man's Sky is pretty much the opposite of the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" because No Man's Sky has a beautiful cover, but it has very shallow pages. I feel like it could become a deeper game with updates, but for now the only fun thing to do is to explore, but for me personally that got boring after several planets since I knew I would just keep on repeating usually the same stuff on each planet. I knew I wouldn't probably enjoy this game and it doesn't make it bad, but for me personally, it feels like a very shallow experience that offers tons of quantity, but very little quality and I'm speaking merely for myself and I'm not saying it's how I think everyone feels.

How do you guys feel about the game after you've played it?

I really enjoy this game....... when the damn thing is working properly!

like just now, I land to check out a beacon and I spot a cave with some Gold out front and I figure there must be more inside and there is... ALLOT more!  So I load up on it for trading when it happens (AGAIN!), the frames drop a crawl!  Now obviously I don't want to lose all the sweet Au I just picked up so I have to go all the way back out the cave, to my ship then fly to an outpost so I can save then restart the game... all at 1/5 the speed!

IT'S SO FUCKING ANNOYING!!!

Apex Spartan, savagejoe444 and like this

33 minutes ago, Alexander452 said:

Not worth 60$

Yea pretty much this. I think it's a good game, but $60 is overkill IMO, but again it comes to personal tastes I suppose so others may find it worthy.

15 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I really enjoy this game....... when the damn thing is working properly!

I haven't had issues with the game crashing, but rather with perfomance on some planets and some really annoying bugs from time to time. I crashed only once, in middle of ladning on a planet and that's it. I think I'll just wait for a price drop if I decide to buy it or at least for more updates.

Over hyped game is over hyped

Game developer got a bunch of $$ from Sony and now we have a sh!tty PC version. (and the irony is this game was originally a PC game and now become a bad PC port from PS4)
An ($30 at best) indie Game got over hyped and it become a $60USD indie game.

I may buy this game when Steam sale it for $30. At the meantime i thanks all the paid beta tester for making the game better in future.

I haven't played the game myself, but friends have. From what I saw of them playing, it doesn't seem like a BAD time killer, but for $60? No bueno. Might consider during a sale when it's $20-$30.

Apex Spartan and savagejoe444 like this

The first 5 hours of this game.... is torture. Doing the same damn thing over and over and over again, just to get enough resources to fix my ship and go to a different galaxy, and then do the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN while listening to the same damn "inventory full" message after just 1 minute AH SHUT UP!! After that thankfully I get a lot of new languages to use with npcs, get new item slots, new larger ship and a much better multitool which allows me to have a 140 round machine gun, a grenade launcher and a super mining laser. And I get to do space battles against pirates. And I have to do the same thing in different planets again, but thankfully this time there is an actual objective to reach somewhere and I actually am having fun because of the new upgrades I keep on getting! Why can't the inventory be larger since the start??

Oh, and occasionally as I enter a settlement and try to get the blueprint thingy, the game can crash for no reason. Making me have to go back to a previous save point. Just now this happens again, and I just mined 1000 gold, but I haven't save the game. So I have to mine 1000 gold all over again! Son of a bitch!

Totally not worth $60. This is a $20 game with infinite planets, but what's the fucking point if what you are doing in those planets are all the same??? Minecraft is so much better than this, and you don't have to travel to infinite planets!

Ah yes, in Australia, this game is fucking expensive as..... expensive. Look at this atrocious price!

https://ebgames.com.au/featured/no-man-s-sky

$100. PREPOSTEROUS!!

Tell you what though, when this game is modded, it can be an amazing game. Have the modders add new enemy types on each planet so you don't have to fight sentinels all the damn time and instead fight mercenaries with weapons, and add more mission variety, and BAM! Fantastic game.

Hell, the mod can even turn this game into one of the best Star Wars game ever. Add a death star as a planet, and have you go in and wreck shit up like in the films! That'll be fucking awesome!

Here's my tip to make this game more fun. The songs in this game are so mellow, that it will make you sleep and bored easily. So I say mute the songs, and add custom music of your own in iTunes. Have a more bombastic space like soundtrack to make traveling to different planets epic! Here's some recommendations:

I got caught in the hype as we all do,,, But I haven't played it yet!!

I know refuse to pre order games heck I haven't even pre ordered battlefield 1. Its come to a pint where I get excited and then think back to how many times I have been let down. I wait for reviews and for this game after all the reviews feedbacks and commentary I'm going to wait for a price drop or pick it up second hand.

Hopefully they would have added more content to the game by then

Look at the E3 trailer 2 years ago and compare to gameplay. Either something bad happened, they intentionally mislead us, or the devs overestimated what they could do themselves/with current tech and could not fulfill their vision.  I think it is pretty much impossible to find a planet with this dense vegetation and wildlife all together, and trees or animals this large (maybe half the size seems to be the limit).  The largest space fight you'll ever encounter is ~20 fighters picking on 1-3 freighters while the trailer shows about triple the number of ships.  Also you have no wingmen while the trailer very clearly shows some fighting alongside you.

The view on some planets are really nice and just as colorful as the trailers but everything else is lacking.  Maybe once in a while you'll find a planet that looks like this but don't expect as much wildlife as the trailer: http://imgur.com/a/6fgab (sorry for the quality, taken from a stream vod)

(Based on reddit and twitch streams) There also appears to be a lack of variety in creatures, terrain, and ships.  The most obvious body part is probably the spaghetti/tentacle legs that appear on animals (mostly crab-like predator ones) that all look the same and do not have different widths and shapes compared to conventional legs.  All planets are just hills, mountains, caves and a water level.  Some have columns, snaking branches, or giant cube structures.  There are no lava planets or crystal planets or even a planet consisting of large walls and entirely a maze.  Blue/pink ships repeat way too much and after a while you start seeing all the same ship parts mixed and matched.  There aren't even sphere shaped ships and there are countable cockpit types.  For a game that focuses mostly on exploring, there isn't a lot of variety.

Other missing features that were advertised:

Snowy planets as white as this:

Achaia.JPG

Crashed Freighters:

20123934675_6fc41e9e67_b.jpg

Land snake type animals (especially giant ones):

http://i.imgur.com/7uji7Tr.gifv

No-Mans-Sky4.png

Haven't personally played it. But have seen a bunch of videos of it. I don't think it's my thing.

Also, just found this tweet:

Yeap, after seeing all these promo videos and trailers, a indie game just mislead their customers like any other triple A company would do. The trailers look 10x better than the game.

In all honesty, I didn't expect them to fuck it up this bad. The worse thing I expected were bugs and some other things, but not misleading customers and removing so many features. The game looks so generic compared to the trailers.

One of the most annoying things I found was the abandonded bases on the planets or those outposts. 95% were just copy pasted over and over again, same design inside and outside, but just scattered differently a bit.

No Man's Sky has a great amount of potential and continues to retain it. I was really hyped for this game but did not overestimate its capabilities, but I don't believe there is enough content to keep me playing if I were to purchase it. A lot of things seem lesser or absent from what I originally conceived. That doesn't mean its a bad game, and I sure that the devs will patch any launch issues, but I will not be purchasing NMS until I see some possible content and gameplay patches.

4 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

Yeap, after seeing all these promo videos and trailers, a indie game just mislead their customers like any other triple A company would do. The trailers look 10x better than the game.

In all honesty, I didn't expect them to fuck it up this bad. The worse thing I expected were bugs and some other things, but not misleading customers and removing so many features. The game looks so generic compared to the trailers.

One of the most annoying things I found was the abandonded bases on the planets or those outposts. 95% were just copy pasted over and over again, same design inside and outside, but just scattered differently a bit.

There should be a name for this trickery. Let's call it I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS TO ME GODDAMN IT HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME!

Though to be fair to No Man's Sky, it does deliver what is promised most of the time, a game about exploring infinite number of planets and you are able to explore both the planet on foot and the space. There are snow planets, I visited a couple of them which requires me to use a cold weather upgrade to keep warm, though not as white as the previews. Problem with this game is:

1) The game is expensive as fuck, should just be a $10 - 20 game

2) Oh yes you do explore infinite planets, but you do almost the exact same thing in each of them. So you'll get bored easily.

3) Where's that cool shit of fighting other planes inside a planet?? That could totally happen with this game right now! Just add pirate planes inside the planet, and cool dogfights instantly happen!

4) No variation in the enemies. All you fight are robots and no humanoid enemies like mercenaries using cover or that sort of thing.

5) Completely unrealistic expectations from the people who are waiting for this game's release expecting something that's beyond what the game actually is. Don't expect too much with a game like this next time. I'm not hyped by this game at all thankfully, and I know what to expect before playing this game so I'm alright. 

I don't even pay to play this game, because I'm saving my $60 for Deus Ex Mankind Divided. My brother in law has this game. Hahaha! SUCK IT $60!

And like I said before, this game has a tremendous potential to be amazing when the modders modify the shit out of this game. They can totally overhawl the entire game and makes it like what's in the E3 2014 trailer, and even better. So wait for that, and a gigantic price drop, and you'll be playing some awesome crazy shit. Do not buy this game right now.

Apex Spartan likes this

6 hours ago, skullhead51 said:

Look at the E3 trailer 2 years ago and compare to gameplay. Either something bad happened, they intentionally mislead us, or the devs overestimated what they could do themselves/with current tech and could not fulfill their vision.  I think it is pretty much impossible to find a planet with this dense vegetation and wildlife all together, and trees or animals this large (maybe half the size seems to be the limit).  The largest space fight you'll ever encounter is ~20 fighters picking on 1-3 freighters while the trailer shows about triple the number of ships.  Also you have no wingmen while the trailer very clearly shows some fighting alongside you.

The view on some planets are really nice and just as colorful as the trailers but everything else is lacking.  Maybe once in a while you'll find a planet that looks like this but don't expect as much wildlife as the trailer: http://imgur.com/a/6fgab (sorry for the quality, taken from a stream vod)

(Based on reddit and twitch streams) There also appears to be a lack of variety in creatures, terrain, and ships.  The most obvious body part is probably the spaghetti/tentacle legs that appear on animals (mostly crab-like predator ones) that all look the same and do not have different widths and shapes compared to conventional legs.  All planets are just hills, mountains, caves and a water level.  Some have columns, snaking branches, or giant cube structures.  There are no lava planets or crystal planets or even a planet consisting of large walls and entirely a maze.  Blue/pink ships repeat way too much and after a while you start seeing all the same ship parts mixed and matched.  There aren't even sphere shaped ships and there are countable cockpit types.  For a game that focuses mostly on exploring, there isn't a lot of variety.

Other missing features that were advertised:

Snowy planets as white as this:

Achaia.JPG

Crashed Freighters:

20123934675_6fc41e9e67_b.jpg

Land snake type animals (especially giant ones):

http://i.imgur.com/7uji7Tr.gifv

No-Mans-Sky4.png

it's even worse. They downgraded the game *cough * because of consoles *cough*. Except for the material you showed:

- The Vegetation is not animated anymore (gras, trees etc..)

- Bodies of Water have a reduced flow and no waves anymore

- occasional spaceships fighting each other in the sky / low orbit could be seen in the trailer while the main Player was just standing around on the Planet, watching the outcome - > gone

- Planets with Rings -> Gone

- Creatures hunting each other -> Gone

- massive groups of Creatures moving together -> gone

Hello Games / Sony went full Ubisoft by false advertising the game. Not worth 60€, not even 20€ not even for 0€. No Support for falsed advertised bullshit.

I got a pirated Version of the game, played it for 2 hours. noticed that it doesn't even come close to the E3 trailers. Got bored and dissapointed. Uninstalled it and deleted it from the Disc. I would rather download 3Gb of Skyrim Mods than 3GB of this game.

53 minutes ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

it's even worse. They downgraded the game *cough * because of consoles *cough*.

Your really gonna start that shit?  On a game based on cloud rendering which obviously means that the current issues with the PC version have nothing to do with the PS4 hardware?

It is and always has been a nonsense argument.  If a game gets an inferior or downgraded port it's the fault if the debs for not properly optimising for each platform.  It is totally idiotic to blame Sony for this,  if the PC wasn't ready or as good as it could have then Hello Games should have delayed it.  It has NOTHING to do with Sony!

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Your really gonna start that shit?  On a game based on cloud rendering which obviously means that the current issues with the PC version have nothing to do with the PS4 hardware?

It is and always has been a nonsense argument.  If a game gets an inferior or downgraded port it's the fault if the debs for not properly optimising for each platform.  It is totally idiotic to blame Sony for this,  if the PC wasn't ready or as good as it could have then Hello Games should have delayed it.  It has NOTHING to do with Sony!

to quote Ubifraud about The Division Downgrade: " We do have to keep in check with the consoles; it would be kind of unfair to push it so far away from them".

http://www.gamecrate.com/division-developer-says-pc-version-kept-check-consoles-ubisoft-issues-denial/12854

https://www.destructoid.com/ubisoft-deliberately-keeping-pc-version-of-the-division-in-check-with-consoles-339914.phtml

http://gamerant.com/the-division-pc-version-comparable-to-consoles/

or CD PRoject Red about the Downgraded Witcher 3 for PC because of Consoles

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/54603/20150521/witcher-3-developer-yes-graphics-downgraded-consoles.htm

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-responds-to-graphics-downgrade-conce/1100-6427502/

or the upcoming PES 2017 Downgrade

http://www.pcinvasion.com/pes-2017-pc-confirmed-another-inferior-port

or 

https://kaichicastgaming.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/publishers-are-being-paid-to-downgrade-graphics-on-pc-for-console-releases/

and even more Downgrades and lies

still a nonsense Argument?

6 hours ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

still a nonsense Argument?

Yes it is, I know think your being credible by quoting developers here but they are bullshitting you and I going to explain why.

These developers and publishers not taking responsibly and  just making excuses.  They didn't have to downgrade any of these games on PC to compensate for consoles, they just didn't want to invest any additional time or money into further developing their port once they have their master versions complete and ready for sale.  If what your saying is true this would affect every port of every game sold but the fact of the matter is it doesn't.

There is plenty of multiplatform games that get the best (or at least adequate) results for each of the platforms on which they are presented...  in fact that's what most do!  If you seriously think that Ubisoft with WatchDogs or CDProject Red with Witcher 3 had no way of releasing those games on PC they way they had been presented or at the very least patch them post-release for PC because of their console ports you clearly have no Idea how game development works.  Your just willing to swallow any excuse they make because it favors you platform.

Deus Ex:  Mankind Divides comes out next week for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.  Let's picture a scenario where the PC gets a solid release and the PS4 and XBox One versions run like garbage.  Would any sane person who bought the game on console blame Steam for it?  Hell no,  they would point the finger at Square Enix and Eidos Montreal where it belongs.  Reverse the roles an PC players blame the Consoles, it's bullshit!  The Console versions are not Steam's responsibility just like how the PC port of No Mans Sky is not Sony's responsibility, it's Hello Games.

Even if it was downgraded for the sake of PS4 (which for the record I don't believe, it was just hype fuel) Hello Games could still release the game with those missing features for PC and include them as an option in the graphics settings, like MOST PC games do!

Downgrading is not something done to sell more copies of the game on console and even if it was it's still done in-spite of the fact it doesn't need to be done on PC and any developer or publisher who tells you otherwise is just and pointing the finger pointing and lying.

You are both right. Developers often do downgrade for consoles, however Crazycrab is also right. Just because you decide to downgrade for consoles and then release the same version for PC and then say, "We are sorry for the game we presented earlier and the game you have now, but before release, we had to downgrade the graphics for consoles, but we were too lazy to make the PC port better afterwards."

Witcher 3 on PC recieved better graphics and graphical options via updates, but that doesn't fully excuse what they did nonetheless. I'm a big supporter of CDPR, but they still presented a awesome looking game and then downgraded it close to release. Yea they made up with it with the game alone and updates later that made the PC version better, but still many people expected the 2013 demo to be released and look as good as it did back then. Many were tricked nonetheless.

They do downgrade games for consoles sometimes, but that's not a good excuse to release the same shit on PC. If developers wanna put in effort and if consoles can't REALLY handle it then downgrade it, but keep or make the PC version better or as original till release. That's it.

Crazycrab likes this

Relevant to topic in general (not the Downgrade vs Consoles):

zawisz likes this

Jim Sterling's Jimquisition this week goes on the topic of the crybabies and zealots of the game..

I'll admit it looks kind of cool, but based on all the reviews I've seen (positive and negative) I'm going to wait until there is a significant price drop and they've patched out most if not all the bugs.

In the meantime there is always Elite Dangerous.

Here is a list of things that were said to be in the game but are not: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y046e/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_heres_a_big_list/

The current game is literally a tech demo compared to footage/interviews from several months to 2 years ago.  Either something catastrophic happened, they purposefully downgraded it, or they straight up lied (with pre-rendered footage).  Even if the E3 footage were the most perfect conditions that could happen, it is way too rare that nothing of that scale has been posted anywhere (especially on reddit).  It must be beyond 1/1,000,000 chance which makes it even less fun.

Edit: the account that posted got deleted for some reason.

The copy of the post is still up (though older 4 edits version): https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/?st=iryn0eyw&sh=66d3ae45

Google Webcache version (latest 6 edits version): http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y046e/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_heres_a_big_list/

Someone's archive snapshot (6 edits version): https://archive.is/V5Zns

Another archive snapshot of the google webcache version: https://archive.is/OCNdQ

Also Joe posted it on his twitter and since the old post is gone, someone should link him these alternate sources if he plans to use them in his review.

18 hours ago, skullhead51 said:

Here is a list of things that were said to be in the game but are not: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y046e/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_heres_a_big_list/

The current game is literally a tech demo compared to footage/interviews from several months to 2 years ago.  Either something catastrophic happened, they purposefully downgraded it, or they straight up lied (with pre-rendered footage).  Even if the E3 footage were the most perfect conditions that could happen, it is way too rare that nothing of that scale has been posted anywhere (especially on reddit).  It must be beyond 1/1,000,000 chance which makes it even less fun.

The copy of the post is still up (though older 4 edits version): https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/?st=iryn0eyw&sh=66d3ae45

Google Webcache version (latest 6 edits version): http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y046e/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_heres_a_big_list/

Another archive snapshot of the google webcache version: https://archive.is/OCNdQ

Also Joe posted it on his twitter and since the old post is gone, someone should link him these alternate sources if he plans to use them in his review.

[Twitter post here]

And this is exactly WHY Joe should browse the forums periodically! We can't always be his ears and eyes!

If he's linking the older post, then that's his fault for not checking for updated links.

19 hours ago, skullhead51 said:

If he is planning to use the post in his review he almost certainly would have taken a screenshot of recorded a shot video while browsing the page when he first saw it since he would obviously have to that anyway in order to edit it into a video.

6 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

If he is planning to use the post in his review he almost certainly would have taken a screenshot of recorded a shot video while browsing the page when he first saw it since he would obviously have to that anyway in order to edit it into a video.

Well the post was edited at least 6 times so his may be outdated.  Even the current replacement on the reddit only goes up to the 4th edit even though people have saved copies up to the edit.  I was also hoping some other stuff would be added like almost pure white snowy planets, freighters being competent against pirates (currently freighters appear to fire randomly at pirates and you have to destroy all 20+ ships by yourself), stealth capability and running from fights (currently no cloaking and ships pursue you until you jump out or defeat them), atmosphere composition when discovering the planet (12% Oxycen and 88% Hyglese, basically a bunch of elements no longer exist in the game just to dumb things down), and animals generated based on planet types and environment (current game lacks any of that, you will find herbivore animals on planets with nonexistent flora).

Pure white snowy planets source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwG6Sj1Yfg&feature=youtu.be&t=53s

Freighters being competent against pirates (and scavenging the leftover loot) source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcjvIQJns0&feature=youtu.be&t=11m30s

Stealth capability and running from a fight article page: http://i.imgur.com/O8kKZIf.jpg (Full: http://imgur.com/a/O3HEp#0)

Atmospheric composition source: https://youtu.be/ZqeN6hj4dZU?t=3m11s