• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TamaskanLEM

The hell is Konami doing to Metal Gear?

35 posts in this topic

This may aid those in their battle against Konami.

:bull::shit:

Crazycrab and like this

Honestly, I didn't think MGS5 could be any more lifeless than it already was.  The bright side is that the gameplay remains the same, so that's cool. Still, going against nothing but zombies will turn this game into a dull experience and a waste of time

26 minutes ago, TamaskanLEM said:

Honestly, I didn't think MGS5 could be any more lifeless than it already was.  The bright side is that the gameplay remains the same, so that's cool. Still, going against nothing but zombies will turn this game into a dull experience and a waste of time

Although I'd hardly describe MGSV as "lifeless", this is looking like even more of a joke.  All the assets seem to be recycled from MGSV just like those terrible Resident Evil Survivor spin off's.

This game look like it was literally designed by a board of directors saying "According to the chart Zombie games are popular right now so let's make one using the name and resources from a popular IP spending as little money as possible. It not the fans would care they'll buy it anyway!". You know what Konami your not fooling anyone.

I'm nearing the end of Phantom Pain, almost every aspect of the game is lifeless and unfinished. Base building, characterization, plot, scene direction, environments, online options, recruit management, the design of all side missions, etc. When you add in that the game basically has zombies in it at multiple parts and in multiple side missions and a buddy system, I can see where Konami got the idea.

Apex Spartan and like this

Yea I thought peronsally MGS5 was shit. Game was literally a grindfest, no proper secondary missions and SO MANY things didn't make sense.

The game was good in some aspects, but the open world part of it and the grind was stupid.

1. Enemies respawning ALL the time in the SAME places you fucking DESTROYED 100x over and over again. It's like MMORPGS, shit just respawns so you can farm over and over again.

2. Secondary missions made no sense at all and kept on giving the player SAME mission on SAME Place every time. Lazy bullshit. Kill that guy and extract this guy and get that thing, OVER AND OVER Again and worst part was, it was in the same places you already DID that in.

3. The world itself was lifeless and looked very empty. I get it's a desert, but the whole map was actually surronded by cliffs and mountains you couldn't cross over and were constantly forced to use roads. It actually didnt feel like an open world. It felt linear as hell.

I already got so bored of the same grinding that I didn't even get to the 2nd map, the jungle one or whatever.

Yea I thought peronsally MGS5 was shit. Game was literally a grindfest, no proper secondary missions and SO MANY things didn't make sense.

The game was good in some aspects, but the open world part of it and the grind was stupid.

It's not really a normal Metal Gear Solid game, it's a good version of Peace Walker with better combat that took out the more amusing outlandish side missions and that has even less of a plot with poor characters. I think the game is fun, its combat is fun, getting into large fights with an ally while enemies shoot mortars at you is entertaining, if the new game can keep the same style of gameplay it might be more enjoyable than Phantom Pain.

Apex Spartan likes this

1 hour ago, Apex Spartan said:

1. Enemies respawning ALL the time in the SAME places you fucking DESTROYED 100x over and over again. It's like MMORPGS, shit just respawns so you can farm over and over again.

2. Secondary missions made no sense at all and kept on giving the player SAME mission on SAME Place every time. Lazy bullshit. Kill that guy and extract this guy and get that thing, OVER AND OVER Again and worst part was, it was in the same places you already DID that in.

3. The world itself was lifeless and looked very empty. I get it's a desert, but the whole map was actually surronded by cliffs and mountains you couldn't cross over and were constantly forced to use roads. It actually didnt feel like an open world. It felt linear as hell.

I already got so bored of the same grinding that I didn't even get to the 2nd map, the jungle one or whatever.

Ahh....  I think your a little confused, I don't how long you played but don't have to grind in this at all!  You collect equipment, personal and resources AS you play through the game.  Grinding means you specifically play to gather resources and/or earn experience in order to get strong enough and/or build the equipment you need IN ORDER to play the next part of the game.  In MGSV you don't stop and grind unless you CHOOSE to play it that way, since you get better stuff later your better off NOT stopping to grind and repeat.  If you need something specific then yes you go and get it but that's what you generally do in open world games!

One thing I do have to acknowledge is the lazy way that they have you replay the same mission later with modifiers, THAT is bullshit.  I think the falling out of Kojima and Konami meant they couldn't or otherwise just didn't get if quite finished.

Apex Spartan likes this

Well I didn't really grind the resources, but maybe I meant the wrong word. I guess repetitive is a little better. Like I thought the game was okay, but the secondary missions were legit crap for me. Repetitive, same locations and same missions all the time. Same mission in the same spot over and over again. It made no sense.

I think the reason I got so dissapointed with the game was because I went with high expectations. Mind you, I never played previous games because I never owned any console and I don't know of any MG games on PC so before this game launched,  I watched videos explaining stuff and I knew it was a great series so I expected a great story and great 2ndoary missions with it, but I thought the story in the game, the main missions weren't as good as I thought and the 2ndary missions were a total let down. I mean it felt like I was doing MMO quests and I didn't wanna rush the main story line all the time.

I gave the game a 2nd chance few months ago, but I quit it even sooner. I don't know, something about it pushed me away. For me, secondary missions and quests are a big deal and I often expect them to make sense, rather then just have them to grind XP and resources which I felt was the case in this game. THe missions themselves didn't have much connection to the main story and the constant repitition of the same mission, on same place after you destory everyone a 1000 times felt so lazy to me. And the main story itself and the constant crap that popped on screen for upgrading the base, weapons bla bla really pushed me away.

I don't know, guess it's just me.

Gamers love zombie-games! How about micro-transactions so you can pay 15$ for the crocodile hat!

It was good we fired Kojima! HE WOULD HAVE RUINED OUR PLANS!

Konami will milk Metal Gear like there is no tomorrow and you know it. I mean, there is even a MGS pachinko machine.