• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Shagger

Titanfall 2 Open Beta

17 posts in this topic

titanfall2BETAheader.jpg

The Titanfall 2 Open Beta goes live this weekend on PS4, and Xbox One and I certainly plan to get something going with it. I'll probably be playing mostly on XBox, but will download the PS4 version as well. So, anyone wanna hit me up and give this a go let me know.

Feel free to discuss the game and this test here and I'm hoping this sequel is worth it. I liked the original, but knew it had flaws, especially at launch. Still, should be fun and hope to see y'all in game.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise the beta wasn't on PC. That's annoying.

Edited by Shagger
articman likes this

WOHOO! Free game to play on my com.....

The Titanfall 2 tech test will be available only on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, not Windows PC. Respawn explained yesterday that it is concerned about PC players unearthing campaign spoilers, and also said that it’s still working on supporting various hardware configurations.

1 hour ago, Apex Spartan said:

PC players always the nerdy troublemakers :P

I disagree with respawn's decision, but if we're all telling the truth somebody probably would have hacked the game and posted shit all over the place.

Even so, i have to say if they had just said the game isn't yet optimised for different hardware configurations then that would have been a valid excuse on it's own, but by saying they were worried about PC players hacking the game is kinda digging themselves into an unnecessary hole.  They obviously knew the security safeguarding wasn't in place, that's thier fault, but there's nothing people can do.

Still, it is odd they wouldn't want to test on what's (arguably) the most difficult platform to develop for.

Ok im game lets do this!

I'll probably try it out on the Xbox.

Angry_Argonian likes this

Well since I only have a PC this is a no go, but I only hope they actually have a story this time.

2 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

Well since I only have a PC this is a no go, but I only hope they actually have a story this time.

This test only includes the multiplayer, but there is a single player campaign.

I haven't played the previous game, but for the sake of most people who got dissapointed from the last game's campaign length then I hope this one is longer.

this game will be suck because...

- possible bad PC port

- release in the same month of Battlefield 1 <--- this is beyond stupid

Titanfall 2 release date: 28 OCT 2016

Battlefield 1 release date: 21 OCT 2016

3 hours ago, FakeAvus said:

- possible bad PC port

With all due respect, that post is a new level of stupid.

Firstly, without any open beta the PC version of the original game was perfectly fine. A few things here and there as is sadly usual, but nothing to make it stand out and was patched petty quick.

Secondly, what the flying fuck does the close timing of the release to "Make Thankless Cash Over Millions of Deaths" 1, with bags of DLC to boot from the SAME PUBLISHER have anything to do with Titanfall 2's quality? Well, I'll answer my own question since it's so obvious, absolutely fucking nothing.

So, what are you talking about?

Crazycrab likes this

4 hours ago, FakeAvus said:

- possible bad PC port

I mean no offence but that statement is so apocalypticly dumb that there are no words to describe it.  There is just this solitary image.

1407611779-0.jpg

I am digging the demo. I do feel that releasing Titanfall 2 in the same month and by the same company to Battlefield 1 will hurt sales. They should give each game time to breath and honestly, the hype surrounding BF1 appears stronger.

The thing I am eager to see is TF2 story. Not being a huge pvp player, I wanted to know more about the game's world, lore etc. One of the reasons I stopped playing the original is I lost interest. Same with Overwatch. For those that enjoy shooters but not bashing our heads against a skill wall, it's nice to cater to a single player experience. 

5 hours ago, FakeAvus said:

- possible bad PC port

Maybe if you said, "this game won't sell well cauze BF1 is getting released soon before it" then your post would be more acceptable, but saying a game will suck because it's getting released after another popular game makes no sense. How does that make a game suck?

Also the PC port for previous Titanfall was really good. And the game releasing within the same month of BF1 makes no sense at all and it does not make the game suck. True it might affect the sales a LITTLE bit, but that...it does not make a game stupid or that it will suck...

Should reviewers now give less scores for games because they get released within the same month with another popular game?

Crazycrab likes this

Well, my video covering it is out. As far as Multiplayer games go, it really isn't my thing. Had fun with it, sure, but since I'm not really into multiplayer, I can't buy it from that alone. I know it's got a campaign this time around, and I've got no idea how good or bad that'll be. But if they're going to charge CA$79.99 for it, I think I'll keep saving up to buy parts for that PC I'm planning to build by mid to late next year. Besides, The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 are also coming out this year, rather get those first. I'll probably get Titanfall 2 after the price comes down. By then, I won't have a chance against the people still playing the multiplayer XD.

Compared to TF1 I'm not quite sure I like where this game is going based off of this tech demo. Titans feel way too squishy this time around and the game seems to have taken more of a CoD approach to how quick you die on foot and then re-spawn. I also have noticed that your Titan seems to unlock based off your performance on the ground? Maybe I'm wrong, but thats what it is seeming like which sucks.

It is just a demo, but assuming this is more or less what to expect for the release... yeah idk guys. TF1 game mechanics is a lot better than this IMO.

RuneX likes this