• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Deus Ex Mankind Divided. What will be your playstyle?

14 posts in this topic

Damn reviewers and their early copy. I want this game now damn it!!

For those of us that are looking forward to this game, what will be your play styles?

I will do what I did in Deus Ex Human Revolution: be completely stealthy and do a lot of non lethal takedowns without killing anyone. Keeping all of my ammo intact and then using all of them only during boss battles. And NEVER use the social augmentation mod upgrade, because the social boss battles are fucking awesome, and I want to beat the people I'm talking to with my own deduction and reasoning skills. Having the social mod equipped just makes these battles less exciting.

I'll probably do stealth and all non-lethal like I usually do.

Keeping all of my ammo intact and then using all of them only during boss battles.

Hopefully they learn from the last game and its directors cut and don't have forced combat boss battles.

Stealth and mostly non-lethal. Not sure if I'll end up killing some guys, will see how viable either options are.

1 hour ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Hopefully they learn from the last game and its directors cut and don't have forced combat boss battles.

I heard that it's now possible to just talk to all the bosses instead of fighting them. We shall see how that goes, but I reckon there's going to be some bosses that can't be talked down, like giant robots.

For me it depends. I usually go for stealth non-lethal takedowns, but it depends on the opponent. If we will be fighting some sick guys during the game, that's the guys I like to kill. Really depends how bad they are, but it will also depend on how much it will impact the game. Apparently now if you kill or not kill, it can actually affect entire missions and it's not just about the choice of non-letal or lethal, but a lot more and both have their consequence.

7 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

but I reckon there's going to be some bosses that can't be talked down, like giant robots.

Maybe they'll let you sneak past them if you're good enough.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna do the same thing I did in Human Revolution, a stealth focused non-lethal run and then a gun-ho kill everything run.

While I knew this will be hard, I played HR for the first time this year with a no kill stealth run. Gonna continue the tradition of no kill stealth run, probably gonna die a lot. 

They confirmed from some reviews that there are no boss battles at all. Just increasingly harder missions with more enemies. (Thank Jeebus)

But in HR I tried to usually do a stealth/hacker approach but if I was spotted I didn't hesitate to start a shootout if I couldn't evade enemies.

For the first playthrough I'll focus on stealth while not being afraid to kill anyone that spots me. Then I'll do a second playthrough as a pacifist. 

When I get around to getting it I'll probably play as a sneaky assassin type character. Killing enemies in the shadows and stuff like that. Then I'll do a pacifistic hacker, and finally a 'guns-blazing' route. Kind of what I did for Dishonored tbh. 

18 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

For me it depends. I usually go for stealth non-lethal takedowns, but it depends on the opponent. If we will be fighting some sick guys during the game, that's the guys I like to kill. Really depends how bad they are, but it will also depend on how much it will impact the game. Apparently now if you kill or not kill, it can actually affect entire missions and it's not just about the choice of non-letal or lethal, but a lot more and both have their consequence.

I would love to see how this idea plays out in the game. Maybe perhaps when I see that I let a complete scumbag live the first time and then he kills another npc because of me, I can decide to end his life early on. Though it would be nice to paralyze the bastard completely for the rest of his life, so he'll still live, but he can't do anything to anyone. Better to make someone wish they were dead than to grant them a quick death. 

Apex Spartan likes this

First one will probably be all lethal to see how insane it can go, second one will see how well non-lethal works.