• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

    Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

  • PS4 Forum

    The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

    The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

  • XBO Forum

    The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

    The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

  • News Archive

    The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

    The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

  • More Info

    The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

    The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

  • The Team

    Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

    Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

  • The Tube

    The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

    Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr_E_Meatshield

Mortal Kombat XL May Be Coming to PC

20 posts in this topic

 

 

Quote

Mortal Kombat series creator Ed Boon conducted a Twitter poll over the weekend, asking fans what they’d like to see most in the game.

 

Over 10,000 votes later, it seems a lag free experience on PC was the general consensus.

 

Good Game Peace Out is a middleware designed to implement as close to a lagless experience as possible. Boon has previously teased GGPO on his Twitter account so PC players have been waiting for more news for a while.

 

Considering that PC support for the title was dropped back in January, the response on Twitter has been fairly positive following the poll.

Source: Mortal Kombat XL: PC Gamers may be getting GGPO After All

 

 

Here's to hoping they don't fudge it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It had better not suck then! Alas, the PC port of MKX was too spectacular of a disaster for me to keep my hopes very high about this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Madfinnishgamer38 said:

It had better not suck then! Alas, the PC port of MKX was too spectacular of a disaster for me to keep my hopes very high about this one.

It'll probably depend on who's handling the port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been waiting for this moment to come! Just like MK9 and the Komplete edition when that game was finally available for Australia after years of it banned, or Injustice the complete edition with all the dlc characters included for PC.

 

Though I suggest for people who wants to buy Mortal Kombat X on PC to wait for the XXXL Komplete edition, because soon Kombat Pack 3 will be released, and I'm expecting Pack 4 to come as well.

 

Hehe, XXXL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most people who saw 10's disaster on PC aren't going to give a crap about this now. Should have had it all fixed back then, not now..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, they're holding an "Enhanced PC Online Beta" from now to Monday:

YqIw06B.jpg?1

 

The e-mail I got says "For the next 4 days only, play 1v1 for free and experience the improved online gameplay, newest Kombatants, skins, and much more." Anyone who tries it out, lemme know how it goes. Not sure I got time to try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just sent the mails.

 

//Naki

mkxlpc.JPG

Edited by Naki
image added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About time the PC version is getting some needed love. About time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first they show the middle finger to the PC gamers and cut the support for it and now they are "maybe" consider to give the PC Version some love?

Fuck you Ed Boon and Warn A brother. too little, too late.

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

they won't fool me twice. They can keep the Mortal not Supported Kombat.

Zieglobaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A heads up I just checked my emails and for no obvious reason I have been invited to the MKXL online BETA for PC, so I should be able to say how well it runs now.

 

EDIT:  I'm ready to give an initial report based on my experience with the BETA.

 

Test Hardware:

CPU:   I7 4790k

RAM:  16Gb Crosshair Vengence 1800 DDR3

GPU:  Gigabyte G1 GTX 980Ti (Overclocked)

OS:     Windows 10 Professional

Peripheral: Wireless XBox 360 controller

Internet Speed:  80Mbs down / 20Mbs up

 

I was pushing the game to the limit at 4k resolution with all settings maxed out.  Below are are my native 4k Screenshots of my settings and on the in game visuals during my benchmark:

 

CPZm3Wl.jpg

 

VJ8WWP4.jpg

 

Uz32BGg.jpg

Full Resolution LINK

 

There aren't that many graphics options which may be an issue getting this game optimized on lower end machines but I can't say for sure.  For me both during the benchmark and in game it was hitting the buffers at 60fps with the only time being an even marginal drop was while I was taking these screenshots.  As you can see the graphics are nicely polished and I experienced no glitches of any kind.

 

There was no issues with online connectivity either, the longest time I had to wait for matchmaking was about 40 seconds.  My last opponent had a very poor ping indication but the match still played out smoothly with accurate hit detection.  This indicates that even with a relatively slow connection you should still get a smooth experience.  It is worth noting that the BETA is restricted to online 1 VS 1 only so that's only thing i can base my experience on.

 

Honestly the only real problem I encountered was...... me!  I got my ass kicked every time! :D  But I've never played it before so how can you blame me!  In terms of technicality the game seems to run perfectly.  I hope you found this information useful.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

A heads up I just checked my emails and for no obvious reason I have been invited to the MKXL online BETA for PC, so I should be able to say how well it runs now.

 

EDIT:  I'm ready to give an initial report based on my experience with the BETA.

 

Test Hardware:

CPU:   I7 4790k

RAM:  16Gb Crosshair Vengence 1800 DDR3

GPU:  Gigabyte G1 GTX 980Ti (Overclocked)

OS:     Windows 10 Professional

Peripheral: Wireless XBox 360 controller

Internet Speed:  80Mbs down / 20Mbs up

 

I was pushing the game to the limit at 4k resolution with all settings maxed out.  Below are are my native 4k Screenshots of my settings and on the in game visuals during my benchmark:

 

CPZm3Wl.jpg

 

VJ8WWP4.jpg

 

Uz32BGg.jpg

Full Resolution LINK

 

There aren't that many graphics options which may be an issue getting this game optimized on lower end machines but I can't say for sure.  For me both during the benchmark and in game it was hitting the buffers at 60fps with the only time being an even marginal drop was while I was taking these screenshots.  As you can see the graphics are nicely polished and I experienced no glitches of any kind.

 

There was no issues with online connectivity either, the longest time I had to wait for matchmaking was about 40 seconds.  My last opponent had a very poor ping indication but the match still played out smoothly with accurate hit detection.  This indicates that even with a relatively slow connection you should still get a smooth experience.  It is worth noting that the BETA is restricted to online 1 VS 1 only so that's only thing i can base my experience on.

 

Honestly the only real problem I encountered was...... me!  I got my ass kicked every time! :D  But I've never played it before so how can you blame me!  In terms of technicality the game seems to run perfectly.  I hope you found this information useful.

Can you make private matches in the beta or is is all match making?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Can you make private matches in the beta or is is all match making?

 

No, It's all matchmaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too little, too late. What is so hard about making private matches these days? Why must it be matchmaking, which takes longer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Glaice said:

Too little, too late. What is so hard about making private matches these days? Why must it be matchmaking, which takes longer?

 

The private matches are only locked off in the BETA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Glaice said:

Too little, too late. What is so hard about making private matches these days? Why must it be matchmaking, which takes longer?

Dude, chill out, it's only the beta.

Crazycrab likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Dude, chill out, it's only the beta.

Haha, the battlecry of the appeaser.  How many times has "it's only a beta" turned into "oh it's broken on release?" Why would you trust a company that has already told paying customers to fuck off, but changed their mind due to a Twitter poll?

Glaice likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zieglobaz said:

Haha, the battlecry of the appeaser.  How many times has "it's only a beta" turned into "oh it's broken on release?" Why would you trust a company that has already told paying customers to fuck off, but changed their mind due to a Twitter poll?

 

This isn't an argument about stability, this is about a feature that is locked in the BETA that is so obviously going to be in final game.  Glaice is just being cynical, looking intentionally for little kibbles and bits to complain about in response to the fact that I (in complete honesty), reported that the previous issues have been resolved.

 

When you believe something you have a tendency to read more into the facts that confirm what you already believe, marginalizing or dismissing the facts that don't.  In this case Glaice is obviously pissed that WB released the PC port of MKX was busted and then no longer supported like it was on consoles.  WB = Asshole and I don't blame him for thinking that but now that is in his head he will pick out anything that confines to that belief because it's easier than accepting that he might be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zieglobaz said:

Haha, the battlecry of the appeaser.  How many times has "it's only a beta" turned into "oh it's broken on release?" Why would you trust a company that has already told paying customers to fuck off, but changed their mind due to a Twitter poll?

Are you saying that they're going to block off Private Matches in the full release? Why would I want to appease the developer of a game that I'm not even sure that I'm going to buy yet? I've even said before that I'm not buying Injustice 2 because of how WB treats PC players. Do tell me, who exactly am I trying to appease? I doubt Glacie is appeased by me saying that it's just a beta considering how angry he is at WB, and rightfully so. But Private Matches are going to be in the full release. Broken or not is of course yet to be seen, but it will be there. Unless you actually have information that says otherwise.

Crazycrab likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Broken or not is of course yet to be seen, but it will be there. Unless you actually have information that says otherwise.

 

You know what, lets just nail the coffin shut on this dumbass argument right now!

 

2t10eUF.jpg

 

There... done!

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so it's been out for a while now. I want to ask who has it and how well it works.

 

IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO POST HOW YOU DON'T TRUST WB GAMES, I TOTALLY GET IT, YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST IT HERE.

 

Steam reviews are still full of people who are angry about the original release, which again, I completely understand. I'm asking if the update has fixed the issues the game has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0