• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

FakeAvus

PlayStation Now is coming to PC!!!

37 posts in this topic

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/23/playstation-now-coming-to-pc-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-unveiled/

PlayStation Now Coming to PC, DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Unveiled

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by Eric Lempel on Aug 23, 2016 // SVP, PlayStation Network

We’re excited to announce that PlayStation Now is making the jump to Windows PC. The app launches overseas in parts of Europe soon and will come to North America shortly thereafter.

This will bring a wide selection of PlayStation exclusive titles to Windows PC for the very first time, including entries in the Uncharted, God of War, and Ratchet & Clank franchises, as well as beloved PS3 games like The Last of Us and Journey. Current subscribers have a new way to access PS Now’s library of over 400 games, and the PC app provides a new way for even more gamers to discover and play the service.

We’re also introducing a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, which launches in early September for a suggested retail price of $24.99 ($29.99 CAD). This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.

The adaptor is a great match for playing PS Now on a computer, but you can also use it for PS4 Remote Play on PC and Mac. If you haven’t yet downloaded Remote Play on your PC or Mac, grab the installer here. Of course, owning the USB Wireless Adaptor isn’t required, as you can connect a DualShock 4 using a USB cable.

Here are the recommended specs for running PS Now on your PC:

Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
Sound card; USB port

A minimum 5Mbps connection is required to use PS Now on any device. We recommend a wired Internet connection for the optimal experience.
We’ll be in touch to confirm the exact launch date of the PlayStation Now Windows PC app in North America, and stay tuned for some exciting games that will be added to the library.

First thing come to my mind... playing Gran Turismo on my PC using my PC steering wheel... hmmm....

Prepare for an influx of "cheaters" using keyboard and mouse.

Sees Playstation is coming to PC *Rejoice*

Sees it's actually Playstation NOW is coming to PC *stands up and leaves* Not paying a subscription to rent and stream old games on anything thank you.

Although, I am curious if that Dualshock 4 adapter will make the controller work outside of this PS Now and the PS4 Stream to PC thing. Like will I be able to use it as a regular controller for Steam, Origin and whatnot?

Just googled Dualshock 4 Official PC Drivers, and still getting nothing about that. Just DS4Windows and discussions about it.

You do realize that PlayStation Now is a subscription based streaming service.........meaning you "stream" the game from their service, much like you do when you watch something on Netflix. If this doesn't put you off, then prepare yourself for artifacting, poor fps, disconnections and syncing issues, not forgetting the extortionate price they are asking for. If you're really interested in this, go buy a PS3 instead, it'll save you more money in the long run. 

Yes it won't replace physical console especially they (MS and Sony) are pushing for 4k gaming. But it may be a good way to push VR gaming because you don't need powerful hardware on VR goggles.

Push VR......for what? PS3 games? There is no VR support for PS3 games, because that is what PlayStation Now is for; PS3 games.

3 hours ago, BleedingChaos23 said:

You do realize that PlayStation Now is a subscription based streaming service.........meaning you "stream" the game from their service, much like you do when you watch something on Netflix. If this doesn't put you off, then prepare yourself for artifacting, poor fps, disconnections and syncing issues, not forgetting the extortionate price they are asking for. If you're really interested in this, go buy a PS3 instead, it'll save you more money in the long run. 

Exactly. Though they do have remote play from PS4 to PC now, officially but still need the actual PS4 console to do that.

As for PSNow, it's just a digital game rental service that doesn't even have PS4 games at the moment. No thanks.

I have a PS3 and I can play it on my gaming laptop by connecting it with an HDMI cable. So this service ain't for me beyatch!

This is good for those that have never played any PS3 games in their life. Last of Us, Yakuza 3 - 5, Uncharted and Infamous are just some exclusive recommendations.

But I rather just buy a PS3. It's cheaper and you don't have to pay montly fees.

Yeah I don't need this, and wouldn't be willing to pay a monthly subscription for games I either don't want,or already have... if I wanted em, I'd have em. But I think this is a good (not a big good, just a not a bad move kinda good) decision on sony's part. I suspect many of the people who would use pslive to stream youtube content and stuff do not simply because they are not as capable of doing it as using their pc's software and whatnot.

I think the whole ps live thing is kinda meh to begin with though so it's really like polishing an unimpressive rock (though not turd)

Can't wait for the pirates to take every game in that subscription model and just throw it to the masses.

15 hours ago, TamaskanLEM said:

Can't wait for the pirates to take every game in that subscription model and just throw it to the masses.

How? It's a streaming service. The game and software will be on Sony's side not yours.

Crazycrab and like this

Like we need yet another service plaguing the PC platform..Sony is just trying to open another revenue stream for PC gamers. How many will actually try this? I doubt many, maybe those who have both console and PC.

UPlay* tried, it was meh. Origin tried, had some success. GFWL* tried, failed miserably. GoG* tried, had great success (also client is optional).

*Had personal experience with these

I don't get it.  Will this be, say, something I can use to play Ratchet and Clank on my PC, or something else entirely?  Also, will it be a service where you can play and download as many games as you want so long as you have a subscription, or will it one where you pay for each game you want and they're yours to keep forever?

I really do hope it's something that lets me play Ratchet and Clank on my PC.

34 minutes ago, MadDemon64 said:

I don't get it.  Will this be, say, something I can use to play Ratchet and Clank on my PC, or something else entirely?  Also, will it be a service where you can play and download as many games as you want so long as you have a subscription, or will it one where you pay for each game you want and they're yours to keep forever?

I really do hope it's something that lets me play Ratchet and Clank on my PC.

You don't download anything I believe. They stream it from their servers to play on whatever thing has Playstation Now like PS4, Vita, Smart TV's (my Samsung Smart TV has it). It's basically Netflix, but video games. Remember Sony bought that game streaming company years ago, this is what they're doing with it. They don't have the entire PS3 library on there, but they're adding stuff to it frequently. Still don't think it's worth it though.

I see trails of cold steel on now, which I have but I know some people who wish it was available on pc instead of ps3. I know that's not going to be enough people to sell the service or whatever, but my point is there may be some people who want this so they can play ps-speficic games on pc that don't have pc versions. I personally just use my ps3, and would think it silly to pay a subscription to do this when you can buy the console for like the same price now. But there are those weird people who pre-order games full price and then trade them in for peanuts at gamestop on a regular basis, which I think is even crazier, so who knows.

29 minutes ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

You don't download anything I believe. They stream it from their servers to play on whatever thing has Playstation Now like PS4, Vita, Smart TV's (my Samsung Smart TV has it). It's basically Netflix, but video games. Remember Sony bought that game streaming company years ago, this is what they're doing with it. They don't have the entire PS3 library on there, but they're adding stuff to it frequently. Still don't think it's worth it though.

It is very tempting for me though, seeing as how I have only played so few PS2 games (Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Jak and Daxter, God of War 1 and 2) and even fewer PS3 games (God of War 3), and those are all I can remember.  I kinda welcome stuff like this, but I would prefer it if you could buy, download, and keep games rather than stream them.

5 minutes ago, Ghaleon said:

I see trails of cold steel on now, which I have but I know some people who wish it was available on pc instead of ps3. I know that's not going to be enough people to sell the service or whatever, but my point is there may be some people who want this so they can play ps-speficic games on pc that don't have pc versions. I personally just use my ps3, and would think it silly to pay a subscription to do this when you can buy the console for like the same price now. But there are those weird people who pre-order games full price and then trade them in for peanuts at gamestop on a regular basis, which I think is even crazier, so who knows.

Let's see now...what is available on Playstation Now that I'm insterested in...

• Ratchet and Clank games
  • God of War games
  • InFAMOUS games
  • Resistance 3
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • The Last of Us
  • Uncharted games

That's a solid list of games right there.  Heck, if they ever add Arkham Knight to the list, that might get everyone with a PC to get a subscription, so they can stream the game instead of having to struggle with an unoptimized mess of five frames per second.  Or would their computers still not be able to play the game even with Playstation Now?

This coming to PC at least makes a little more sense because it allows, as @MadDemon64 pointed out, PC players to enjoy some of the PS3 exclusives that they never got to play before. However I'm still not sold on this. Perhaps somebody can tell me me how well it works first hand, but streaming a games sounds risky to me and this service looks expensive to me.

There is another thing, and this is especially important to people who want to play the multiplayer on these games, are there servers running for the multiplayer games, but it's worth finding out. Also, will the DLC content be available for these games?

14 minutes ago, Shagger said:

This coming to PC at least makes a little more sense because it allows, as @MadDemon64 pointed out, PC players to enjoy some of the PS3 exclusives that they never got to play before. However I'm still not sold on this. Perhaps somebody can tell me me how well it works first hand, but streaming a games sounds risky to me and this service looks expensive to me.

There is another thing, and this is especially important to people who want to play the multiplayer on these games, are there servers running for the multiplayer games, but it's worth finding out. Also, will the DLC content be available for these games?

If there are a handful of games you want to try as a PC gamer but never got the chance to then I get it but if you already have a PS3 or even a PS4 it's kinda pointless since most of the big exclusives like The Last of Us, Uncharted series and Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls have been re-released on PS4 anyway.  I checked and there are very few games that are still PS3 only in the list, It's not worth it IMO.

On 8/24/2016 at 7:56 PM, Wade D McGinnis said:

How? It's a streaming service. The game and software will be on Sony's side not yours.

I barely even know how the many things available in these sites got there. I have no idea how Sony and Microsoft get hacked time and time and again. I'm just saying that despite it coming from a streaming service, I wouldn't be surprised if it was still pirated. 

46 minutes ago, TamaskanLEM said:

I barely even know how the many things available in these sites got there. I have no idea how Sony and Microsoft get hacked time and time and again. I'm just saying that despite it coming from a streaming service, I wouldn't be surprised if it was still pirated. 

Time and time again? When's the last time this happend? Like a year and a half ago?

And eh, @Beatmaster A.C., you are aware posting pirate links or promoting pirate services is not permitted here, right?

11 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Time and time again? When's the last time this happend? Like a year and a half ago?

And eh, @Beatmaster A.C., you are aware posting pirate links or promoting pirate services is not permitted here, right?

Emulators are NOT illegal and i didn't link any pirated ISO sources or so. I just said my opinion and that is also not illegal.

41 minutes ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

Emulators are NOT illegal and i didn't link any pirated ISO sources or so. I just said my opinion and that is also not illegal.

Maybe so, but your logic still makes no sense. You wanna steal from (no, that's what piracy is) and slander a company all because they offer a service/ product to you that you don't want? If that's the way people are supposed to behave I would smash and grab every time I passed by a shop window. Somehow, I don't see the police buying the excuse, "It's not worth the price they want for it, so I'm justified in stealing it.". This is selfish, hypocritical stupidity you think you can disguise as moral justice when it's clearly not.