• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITHASTICK

general discussion
(Updated) PlayStation Meeting September 2016

9 posts in this topic

Update: PlayStation Blog has put out a rather short article clarifying what times the PlayStation Meeting will take place for the livestream viewers (everyone else that isn't press). Below is the link to the original Blog post, as well as the time the livestream takes place.

PlayStation Blog Article source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/06/playstation-meeting-watch-live-tomorrow/

Livestream Start Times

Universal Time Coordinated

• 7:00 pm UTC

North America

• 3:00 pm ET
  • 2:00 pm CT
  • 1:00 pm MT
  • 12:00 pm PT

United Kingdom/Ireland

• 8:00 pm GMT

PlayStation Meeting is taking place in 1 week (September 7th, this thread was originally made August 31st) and will be showcasing PlayStation's future going forward as a tech company. While PlayStation has not confirm or deny any of these following discussion points it's very likely that we'll see these things:

• PlayStation Neo - The next PlayStation 4 with a power boost. Better everything. Original thread: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/33857-playstation-45/
  • PlayStation 4 "Slim" - PlayStation base model getting a smaller model, nothing improved (at this time of information). Original thread: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/36181-playstation-4-slim/ 
  • PlayStation VR - We've seen VR with them but only in small chunks and with it only a month away from it's release I am sure we'll see it on stage. Possibly being complemented by PlayStation Neo. Original thread: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/33813-playstation-vr-general-information/#comment-340404
  • Games? - If they are gonna be showcasing this new console it's most likely we'll see some kind of games there. Whether they are new unannounced titles is up in the air. Only thing we know games wise is that Rockstar (creators of GTA series) will be there. Whether they will be on stage is not confirmed. Could just be there to watch.
  • PlayStation Trinity - Mostly the least likely to be seen at this meeting. Only information we got is it's code name "Trinity" and that it's some kind of portable device. Many think it's a PS Vita 2 or a PSP 2, but unlike it's brothers (the PlayStation Neo and PlayStation 4 "Slim") no tech specs have been leaked, no designs have been leaked, and no price has been leaked. Basically just the codename which could mean anything.

What do you guys think we'll be seeing at PlayStation's Meeting next week? Think Neo will finally be revealed? Think Trinity is just nothing? Excited at the possibility of a new game being announced?

Finally this thread will be treated as the one-stop-shop for PlayStation Meeting. All threads created will be redirected to here, keep the conversation focused and try not to carry off. Be respectful and keep the conversation mature, just because you may not like something doesn't mean everyone feels the same.

Muzical likes this

I think just about everything that's gonna be there has been leaked or at least rumored already aside from the elusive "Trinity".

I'm expecting the Neo, Slim, VR and Rockstar's announcement to be about Red Dead weather it be a sequel, a remake or maybe even both which would be awesome.

I want to see a bit more of some more of the upcoming exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War.  Anything new would obviously be welcome especially if it's running live on the Neo and I'm sure there will be some VR titles as well.

PlayStation Blog released a rather short article going over the start times for the PlayStation Meeting Livestream. I've updated the original post to include this now.

PlayStation Blog Article source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/06/playstation-meeting-watch-live-tomorrow/

A live streaming conference I can actually watch for a change!

likes this

Here is the meeting in all it's "glory".....  In fact let's this little mini-rant out the way first, why do PlayStation NEVER trim down their conferences and events before they post them to YouTube?  Well whatever the actual conference starts at 11:15.

This was was pretty major letdown, the whole conference felt lazy and unfinished.

Lets start with the PS4 Slim.  That what I'm going to call it because that's what EVERYBODY (Including Sony own Amazon store) is going to call it. Not "Standard", or "New PS4" or whatever dumb shit you want to regurgitate, it's a fucking PS4 slim that's barely any slimmer OK!  Right now in the UK you can pre-order this fantastic product with either a 500Gb or 1Tb HDD bundled with either Fifa or Fifa.

DJWAJO6.png

You might be thinking " What if I don't need/want a PS4 Pro" (more on that later), NO!  Just buy the normal one because:

1.   You can buy the original for the same price or less.

eMDsPoo.png

2.   The slim looks ugly as sin.

3.   The slim has ditched the optical audio out..... why I don't know but it does mean if you want to connect the console to an external amp or certain universally compatible 5.1 headsets well.......  How sad to fuckin bad!

I don't know what Sony were thinking with this, the Xbox One S is an actual improvement over the original in terms of both aesthetics and functionality.  The only thing they dropped was native Kinect support which nobody gives a shit about anyway.  That is the biggest problem with the PS4 slim, it has literally zero improvements!  Plus the 500Gb XBox One S is the exact same price so I have no Idea who even consider this a better purchase other than a mushroom!

Then there's the PS4 Pro:

712Gept3rNL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm going to just forgo the sandwich jokes as I'm sure others in this community (like Jayson's Rage) will make much funnier jokes than me and get to the point.  I think a more appropriate name would be the PS4 semi-Pro because it's nearly a 4k console......  It's sorta a base for UHD video entertainment....  It's almost got the longevity to last until the next era of gaming.

I'll be honest I don't think it's actually that bad and I probably will be getting one but doesn't mean I'm not disappointed, mostly with 2 things:

1.  The power, The 4.2 terraflops is not enough for native 4K gaming.  It wouldn't bother me so much but they dropped 4K all over the place during the conference and unless the Devs have managed to work some optimization magic with this thing then it's a total lie.  Plus it's main competitor the XBox Scorpio has 6 Terraflops which is enough so if want a 4K console which one are you better of choosing?

2.  Despite being the company that actually developed and pushed Blu-Ray technology this does not support 4k Blu-Ray's!  When once again it's rivals in the XBox One S and almost certainly the Scorpio do.  I know Blu-Rays are kinda being phased out now but I still can't comprehend why they made this decision when it seems like it would have been so easy to simply include it.

The one good thing that surprised me is the price of £350 ($399) which is only £40 more that the Slim which certainly makes it much better value than that piece of crap.  It also seems to have a propitiatory output which I assume is for VR so if your interested in that hooking up the headset it should be allot easier.

GyY2vA0.jpg

I also got really annoyed with how much Sony was pushing HDR (High Dynamic Range).  Not that the technology isn't relevant but it simply does not make PlayStation stand out because if you fast forward 3-4 months every dam thing on the market with HDMI is going to have it including most notably right now the XBox One S and even the standard PS4 with an upcoming update.

Shagger likes this

On 9/8/2016 at 9:11 PM, Crazycrab said:

Here is the meeting in all it's "glory".....  In fact let's this little mini-rant out the way first, why do PlayStation NEVER trim down their conferences and events before they post them to YouTube?  Well whatever the actual conference starts at 11:15.

This was was pretty major letdown, the whole conference felt lazy and unfinished.

Lets start with the PS4 Slim.  That what I'm going to call it because that's what EVERYBODY (Including Sony own Amazon store) is going to call it. Not "Standard", or "New PS4" or whatever dumb shit you want to regurgitate, it's a fucking PS4 slim that's barely any slimmer OK!  Right now in the UK you can pre-order this fantastic product with either a 500Gb or 1Tb HDD bundled with either Fifa or Fifa.

DJWAJO6.png

You might be thinking " What if I don't need/want a PS4 Pro" (more on that later), NO!  Just buy the normal one because:

1.   You can buy the original for the same price or less.

eMDsPoo.png

2.   The slim looks ugly as sin.

3.   The slim has ditched the optical audio out..... why I don't know but it does mean if you want to connect the console to an external amp or certain universally compatible 5.1 headsets well.......  How sad to fuckin bad!

I don't know what Sony were thinking with this, the Xbox One S is an actual improvement over the original in terms of both aesthetics and functionality.  The only thing they dropped was native Kinect support which nobody gives a shit about anyway.  That is the biggest problem with the PS4 slim, it has literally zero improvements!  Plus the 500Gb XBox One S is the exact same price so I have no Idea who even consider this a better purchase other than a mushroom!

Then there's the PS4 Pro:

712Gept3rNL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm going to just forgo the sandwich jokes as I'm sure others in this community (like Jayson's Rage) will make much funnier jokes than me and get to the point.  I think a more appropriate name would be the PS4 semi-Pro because it's nearly a 4k console......  It's sorta a base for UHD video entertainment....  It's almost got the longevity to last until the next era of gaming.

I'll be honest I don't think it's actually that bad and I probably will be getting one but doesn't mean I'm not disappointed, mostly with 2 things:

1.  The power, The 4.2 terraflops is not enough for native 4K gaming.  It wouldn't bother me so much but they dropped 4K all over the place during the conference and unless the Devs have managed to work some optimization magic with this thing then it's a total lie.  Plus it's main competitor the XBox Scorpio has 6 Terraflops which is enough so if want a 4K console which one are you better of choosing?

2.  Despite being the company that actually developed and pushed Blu-Ray technology this does not support 4k Blu-Ray's!  When once again it's rivals in the XBox One S and almost certainly the Scorpio do.  I know Blu-Rays are kinda being phased out now but I still can't comprehend why they made this decision when it seems like it would have been so easy to simply include it.

The one good thing that surprised me is the price of £350 ($399) which is only £40 more that the Slim which certainly makes it much better value than that piece of crap.  It also seems to have a propitiatory output which I assume is for VR so if your interested in that hooking up the headset it should be allot easier.

GyY2vA0.jpg

I also got really annoyed with how much Sony was pushing HDR (High Dynamic Range).  Not that the technology isn't relevant but it simply does not make PlayStation stand out because if you fast forward 3-4 months every dam thing on the market with HDMI is going to have it including most notably right now the XBox One S and even the standard PS4 with an upcoming update.

Not having an optical output on the slim and not having a 4K blu-ray drive on either the slim or the pro is so stupid. The XBox One S isn't a very attractive console to someone who already has the standard machine, but like crab said it IS a great way for somebody to come into the console for the first time because it's that much better than the standard version. Even the 360 elite had more to offer than the standard console, but Sony have the opposite habit.

The PS3 slim ditched backwards compatibility, the try-less disk drive, the flash card reader as well as the original's good looks just to be slightly smaller. Why do they deliberately make their new consoles worse within generations?

Crazycrab likes this