• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Doctor

Star Citizen news and weekly shows

106 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Doctor said:

tPrU1cs.png

I don't know what kind of gameplay Pioneer provides but I guess it will be a big ship and therefore best suitable for organizations. If I would found a good organization I could think give about $10 to buy some bigger interesting ship to be part of its crew.

That's ok. It is valuable information for those who are planning to play the game. It is just a remade website to give players more detailed and updated information about the current ships in the game.

It cost you real money only if you are willing to support game with that particular amount of money but otherwise it will cost you time for playing the game.

I bought Star Citizen and Squadron 42 together for about $45 and got a Aurora LN with it. It is possible I won't support the game for more real money but buy the rest of the ships with in-game money. It will take a long time to earn enough but if the game is good I don't have a problem with that.

I think it's already long since been proven that you're nothing but a deluded hype bitch for CIG with no mind nor imagination of his own. Who cares what you say?

48 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

But lets be fair here and say by some miracle you establish a share group of 85 and pitch in $10 each, what then?  How many of the people of the people who put money into this will be able to use on a regular basis? What's the crew size?  If you not willing to pay how much of a grind does it take to get something like this? Giving it's in "limited quantities" would it even be realistically possible to do so before some rich snobs buy them all up?  Maybe you know something I don't and if so please tell me because all I can find is a boring fictional back story about it's designer (LINK).

It blows my mind!  How could anyone think this is ok?

Yeah, I'm most more willing to play solo so I'm more likely going to use NPCs on my multicrew ships. Idris and other enormous ships are too big for my gaming hours since it takes lots of time and in-game money to even maintain them. I could do some work on those bigger ships but it is very unlikely I'm ever going to own one.

I don't personally know enough people from any organizations to give any money to buy a ship yet. It could happen in future but it is too early to me at this point.

We don't know yet but most likely it will take very long time to earn enough money to buy those biggest ships. The price doesn't make the ship "better" so for example that $850 is not necessary better for me than $45 Aurora LN.

22 hours ago, Doctor said:

Today's topic is Thrusters and how they are being shown on upcoming ship matrix website:

Ship Thrusters and You

Wow! Thrusters! Ho-lee-shit! Thrusters!!

I've been to judgmental, haven't I? All this time, that's what I've been. I was so focused on frivolous shit like stupidly expansive DLC content, a storefront that charges more for gift cards that they redeem for, broken Kickstarter promises, splitting what was one game into two separate purchaces, missed launch dates agian and again, a false alpha test thst's run far to long, a lack of stability in latest build, a "game" that's never really worked proparly at all, a lack of justification for a $150 million+ crowdfund, evidence of misappropriation of said crowdfund money, marketing that prayed and promoted a bad fanboy attitude amongst fans and a fanbase that's beyond deluded. I was wrong on all lf them. I was focused on the wrong things, clearly...

... because, MY GOD HYPE FUCKING THRUSTERS!!!

Aya Reiko likes this

On 10/20/2017 at 6:14 PM, Doctor said:

As we know the new website / ship matrix is coming and CIG has started to prepare for it by series of information - The Shipyard

Careers and Roles

Ship Mass: I’m Not Heavy I’m Just Built That Way

Ship Technical Information

Ship Thrusters and You

Yet another set of interesting and essential information - Weapon Hardpoints

On 10/23/2017 at 6:24 PM, Doctor said:

As we know the new website / ship matrix is coming and CIG has started to prepare for it by series of information - The Shipyard

Careers and Roles

Ship Mass: I’m Not Heavy I’m Just Built That Way

Ship Technical Information

Ship Thrusters and You

Weapon Hardpoints

Turrets in Bullet Points

The Ordnance Hardpoints

Other Ship Items

"An interesting example here might be a small fleet of ships including an Orion, where the Orion is great for mining but is slow and ponderous to re-align, considering that it’s tractor beam turrets that help guide rocks into its mining mechanism can still only do so much. In this situation, players with smaller ships equipping tractor beams would be able to help ferry more material either directly into the Orion or within reach of the Orion’s beams to create a more efficient operation."

Today's topic:  A hype bitch (and likely a paid shill) spammer known as "Doctor".  Post nothing but CiG-branded hype vids, ignores blatantly obvious problems, and just an all-around douche.  Let's shut this motherfucker down for good.

It's time for this useless shitbag to go away.  The bitch isn't influencing anyone here, and yet doesn't get it.  And there are at least three posters here who are actively against the dumbass.

1 hour ago, Aya Reiko said:

Today's topic:  A hype bitch (and likely a paid shill) spammer known as "Doctor".  Post nothing but CiG-branded hype vids, ignores blatantly obvious problems, and just an all-around douche.  Let's shut this motherfucker down for good.

It's time for this useless shitbag to go away.  The bitch isn't influencing anyone here, and yet doesn't get it.  And there are at least three posters here who are actively against the dumbass.

Hello, Aya Reiko.

I wish I would get money for sharing information about the development of Star Citizen but unfortunately I don't :(. The project is under development so "problems" like bugs are not a problem to me - I use development versions all the time; Linux kernel, GNOME-project, WebRTC, etc. and naturally they all have lots of bugs. They will have lots of bugs even after every stable release just like games do.

The amount of money I have supported the project so far is about $45 and at the moment I'm not thinking use more money. Aurora LN is totally fine ship for my use for now and I'm going to get other ships in-game. There is still a slight change I'm going to support the project with price of Cutlass Black but it depends how it flies in Alpha 3.x and if there will be any other interesting games I could support instead. That said, the ships they have on their website store is no problem to me - people can use money as they like and that doesn't affect to me.

I'm equally interesting development of some other games (X4, Wasteland 3, Copper Dreams, etc.) but unfortunately those developers doesn't share much information if at all. Software development is very interesting and it is great to see some bigger games are developed more openly than we have used to. I personally think that's a great change happened recently thanks to crowdfunding.

34 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Hello, Aya Reiko.

I wish I would get money for sharing information about the development of Star Citizen but unfortunately I don't :(. The project is under development so "problems" like bugs are not a problem to me - I use development versions all the time; Linux kernel, GNOME-project, WebRTC, etc. and naturally they all have lots of bugs. They will have lots of bugs even after every stable release just like games do.

The amount of money I have supported the project so far is about $45 and at the moment I'm not thinking use more money. Aurora LN is totally fine ship for my use for now and I'm going to get other ships in-game. There is still a slight change I'm going to support the project with price of Cutlass Black but it depends how it flies in Alpha 3.x and if there will be any other interesting games I could support instead. That said, the ships they have on their website store is no problem to me - people can use money as they like and that doesn't affect to me.

I'm equally interesting development of some other games (X4, Wasteland 3, Copper Dreams, etc.) but unfortunately those developers doesn't share much information if at all. Software development is very interesting and it is great to see some games are developed more openly than we have used to.

I gonna be kind hear, ditch the sarcasm and invite you join me on a trip down real street. You cannot be so stupid to not recognize that whatever it is your trying to do here isn't working. The only responses you get are call outs to how bad this project is and nobody else cares. And you're reepeating laterally everything that CIG says about the game with no thought to whether or not people wanna know. I know i joked about it, but seriously, fucking thrusters? What world are you living in that makes you think we want to know a pointless and marginal detail like that, and the same goes for just about everything else post here. What's possibly even worse is the stuff that's misssing. The problems that others have pointed and you wearing those blinkers to ignore them and just post more and more propaganda. It really would not be a far stretch to call it forum spamming and bumping topics should have died ages ago. So, I ask kindly, please stop it. If you still insist on posting this shit, compile the info you get into larger chunks to post once month or whatever because this is just getting annoying now.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

I gonna be kind hear, ditch the sarcasm and invite you join me on a trip down real street. You cannot be so stupid to not recognize that whatever it is your trying to do here isn't working. The only responses you get are call outs to how bad this project is and nobody else cares. And you're reepeating laterally everything that CIG says about the game with no thought to whether or not people wanna know. I know i joked about it, but seriously, fucking thrusters? What world are you living in that makes you think we want to know a pointless and marginal detail like that, and the same goes for just about everything else post here. What's possibly even worse is the stuff that's misssing. The problems that others have pointed and you wearing those blinkers to ignore them and just post more and more propaganda. It really would not be a far stretch to call it forum spamming and bumping topics should have died ages ago. So, I ask kindly, please stop it. If you still insist on posting this shit, compile the info you get into larger chunks to post once month or whatever because this is just getting annoying now.

All "I'm trying to do here" is just share information about the development of this crowdfunded project. The game has its own subforum so I'm surprised people who are not interested about this game uses their time to even write here.

Thrusters and other "marginal details" are totally essential and I'm sure there are lots of space sim fans who are interested how thrusters affects to flying different size and shape of ships in space, atmosphere and while they are damaged. Additionally many backers seems to be very interested how the changes affect in Alpha 2.6.3 vs 3.0.

Unfortunately the forum is not active yet but hopefully here will be more discussion once Alpha 3.x are released for public.

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

All "I'm trying to do here" is just share information about the development of this crowdfunded project. The game has its own subforum so I'm surprised people who are not interested about this game uses their time to even write here.

Thrusters and other "marginal details" are totally essential and I'm sure there are lots of space sim fans who are interested how thrusters affects to flying different size and shape of ships in space, atmosphere and while they are damaged. Additionally many backers seems to be very interested how the changes affect in Alpha 2.6.3 vs 3.0.

Unfortunately the forum is not active yet but hopefully here will be more discussion once Alpha 3.x are released for public.

First off, you're not trying to share information, you're a hype man. Someone trying to share information would happy to acknowledge and dicuss everything, including the issues and problems. You only ever post CIG's own promotions and basically nothing else. And, of course, let's not forget about the time you posted a stream of the game with footage of bugs and negative commentary removed. Even if you are just trying to share information, you're not being impartial about it, meaning we can't trust you as source of information, thus rendering everything you say a complete waste of our time. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, this is just the truth.

You wasting you own time aswell because you shouldn't expect interest in this game to suddently pick up. Like the rest of the internet outside the deluded... I mean, dedicated fanbase, interest in this within the AJSA has fizzled away and only an actual launch of the game and NOT just another alpha (and certainly not an update on fucking thrusters) will get anyone excited at this point. This sub-forurm was here long before you showed up and came about near the start of the community's formation back in late 2013, you know, at a time a time when people actully gave a shit about this project and still had hope for it? The sub- forum's continued existence here has nothing to with preparing "in case it picks up".

So you see, the dishonesty and bias you bring is why you're a waste of our time, but it's this long winded alpha that's led to a masive drop in interest, and not just here, is why you're wasting your own time. So who gains from this? Not that's its up to me what you do with your time. Hell, it's workplace bordom that grants me the time and will to type all this crap out, but you can only kick a dead horse like this for so long before people beging to question why you're doing it.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

First off, you're not trying to share information, you're a hype man. Someone trying to share information would happy to acknowledge and dicuss everything, including the issues and problems. You only ever post CIG's own promotions and basically nothing else. And, of course, let's not forget about the time you posted a stream of the game with footage of bugs and negative commentary removed. Even if you are just trying to share information, you're not being impartial about it, meaning we can't trust you as source of information, thus rendering everything you say a complete waste of our time. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, this is just the truth.

You wasting you own time aswell because you shouldn't expect interest in this game to suddently pick up. Like the rest of the internet outside the deluded... I mean, dedicated fanbase, interest in this within the AJSA has fizzled away and only an actual launch of the game and NOT just another alpha (and certainly not an update on fucking thrusters) will get anyone excited at this point. This sub-forurm was here long before you showed up and came about near the start of the community's formation back in late 2013, you know, at a time a time when people actully gave a shit about this project and still had hope for it? The sub- forum's continued existence here has nothing to with preparing "in case it picks up".

So you see, the dishonesty and bias you bring is why you're a waste of our time, but it's this long winded alpha that's led to a masive drop in interest, and not just here, is why you're wasting your own time. So who gains from this? Not that's its up to me what you do with your time. Hell, it's workplace bordom that grants me the time and will to type all this crap out, but you can only kick a dead horse like this for so long before people beging to question why you're doing it.

The reason I don't tell my own experiences of Alpha 3.0 is that I'm not Evocati and I don't have access to it at the moment. The material CIG shares about the development process, the changes in Alpha 3.0, etc. are still interesting and valuable information for the backers. It could be good information to anyone who is interested about the game or follow the development process of an enormous game.

I don't see any reason myself to discuss about some random bugs in Star Citizen. I submit a bug report to Issue Council and continue where I left. There are tons of known bugs already and Alpha 3.0 will bring many more. Issue Council is open for everyone and one can even test the current version and experience the bugs if one wants. The reason why I'm even using development versions of software I mentioned earlier or testing Star Citizen is that I can help the developers with the issues.

The funny thing is that I don't even feel to be that hyped myself about Star Citizen. It just happens to be interesting project I like to follow and I look forward to test more. As I have wrote before I personally think it would be really sad if the project would fail because there is nothing like it to replace it. There are many other games I'm just equally interested but unfortunately the developers doesn't share information about them much at all.

@Shagger@Aya Reiko and @Doctor THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!

I'm no fan of Star Citizen or their practices and I'm am a little tired of Doctor making all these post every they have a even a minor thing happens..... but if you wanna know the truth I'm substantially more sick and tired of the subsequent torrent of disparaging crap from you other two every fucking time it happens!  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!  I'd actually rather move on and maybe legitimately debate the issues surrounding the game once in while.  This however is getting really immature, nothing productive is being discussed here at all anymore.

Doctor, I've no problem with your post updating the progress of the project but you should consider doing it a bit less frequently, It DOES make you look like a bit of a RSI shill.  As for you two if you have no interest then I would suggest that you just ignore it and stop posting at least until you have something else to contribute outside of just belittling him.  Until then I'm done with this!

18 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Doctor, I've no problem with your post updating the progress of the project but you should consider doing it a bit less frequently, It DOES make you look like a bit of a RSI shill.  As for you two if you have no interest then I would suggest that you just ignore it and stop posting at least until you have something else to contribute outside of just belittling him.  Until then I'm done with this!

Thanks for the feedback. I can start to post less frequently although I still think the information CIG is sharing about upcoming updated ship page/matrix and gameplay possibilities are interesting and important information to all who are already backers and those who are interested to give a game a try during free weekends. AtVs gives lots of information about how they are progressing on Evocati builds and the other half includes information about upcoming gameplay features - again, important information to share.

Maybe a weekly post (or less) with my current opinion and experiences about the projects could be easier to tolerate.

Crazycrab likes this

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

@Shagger@Aya Reiko and @Doctor THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!

I'm no fan of Star Citizen or their practices and I'm am a little tired of Doctor making all these post every they have a even a minor thing happens..... but if you wanna know the truth I'm substantially more sick and the subsequent torrent of disparaging crap from you other two every fucking time it happens!  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!  I'd actually rather move on and maybe legitimately debate the issues surrounding the game once in while.  This however is getting really immature, nothing productive is being discussed here at all anymore.

And less frequent, longer posts is exactly what I suggested, but was ignored.

EDIT: At least the idea is being considered now.

Rumor has it 3.0 Alpha will be 1.0 Final.  They're abandoning ship.

3 minutes ago, Aya Reiko said:

Where did you hear that?

25 minutes ago, Aya Reiko said:

Whare did you hear this? Got any links?

EDIT I've had a look and found nothing on this.

A couple of things;

1) CIG recently had a panel at TwitchCon. Lando says the "game is practically finished". Rumor going around for awhile that 3.0 will be the MVP, Minimum Viable Product. Source: https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingAmorphousPastaDuDudu

2) A Goon known by the nickname of "The Agent" who also supposedly works for CiG has claimed this:

Source: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2551

Things are falling apart and have been since the middle of last year. I've had six people ask me to go on record or reveal sources lately (I've declined). I'm sure they've talked to Bootcha and Beer and outside contractors and current/former employees and god knows who else.

I know you'd like to imagine that somehow, Chris and Sandi and Ben and Jared and Tony and Erin are really, really nice people, who care about the backers that gave them millions.

Here's the thing, and I'm trying not to be mean, just as real as possible: they don't give a gently caress about anything but money. The product that you'll get delivered in 3 weeks is an absolute travesty and that's going to be it. They'll continue the Live support for the game, promising additional content and increased player counts, but this is it; 3.0, in the state at which is arrives, is going to be Star Citizen. That's it.

When that happens, when the dreams are no longer just accessible in the mind but available to be played on the keyboard, that's when things are going to go into an absolute loving frenzy. Chris Roberts and everyone else in his little tower understand this. They 100% understand.

I'm sorry your dream space game is going to be an absolutely janky piece of poo poo with almost no content but what the players create for themselves. I really am. As a backer, I'd liked to have played a fun PC space game, too.

But this is it. This is what you're going to get. And it's just, it's just awful. It's really, really loving bad.

18 minutes ago, Aya Reiko said:

A couple of things;

1) CIG recently had a panel at TwitchCon. Lando says the "game is practically finished". Rumor going around for awhile that 3.0 will be the MVP, Minimum Viable Product. Source: https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingAmorphousPastaDuDudu

2) A Goon known by the nickname of "The Agent" who also supposedly works for CiG has claimed this:

Source: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2551

Obviously, this dude could be bullshitter, but it does make to much sence to ignore. On the face of it Alpha 3.0 being the last step before doesn't sount immediatly terrible, but if build is this bad and if the dicusson about CIG finacial situation going on in the tbread is real, then this really coud be bad. Hopefully not, though.

17 minutes ago, Aya Reiko said:

A couple of things;

These are only rumours and the sources are pretty sketchy.  Despite that and the fact that I don't want it to be true I wouldn't be surprised if it was, CIG has been stinking of greed for years.  I guess we'll know soon enough.