• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

10 years of Riot Games and evolution of their one and only game...

2 posts in this topic

They make one fuckin' video game, keep it alive and one of the most popular PC games for 5 years now and earn billions off of it and make it one of the biggest E-sports.

Impressive.

GG WP RITO

Riot Games are celebrating 10 years

draven_darious.jpg

league-of-legends-champions-art-1280x720

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/announcements/thank-you

It's been 10 years since the foundation of Riot Games. They created one of the biggest PC games ever, that reached the population that no game has ever:  About 2 years ago, the game had a population of 12 million PER DAY and 32 million unique players per month and now has around 70 million players. The game grew in immense speed and broke many records and became the most popular PC game of all time. (current popularity wise)

I spent 1,200 hours in it myself and I must say, me and League have a love and hate relationship. I don't play it anymore. I got tired of playing it. I think 1000h is too much for me and I've had my share of fun. I would recommend this game to anyone! There is a reason I spent a 1000h in it and I rarely do that with any game. I think I met more friends in this game than I met in any other video game ever, combined even. Hell my friend list used to be max around 35-40, but I used to play actively every day with at least 10 people.

It's a game that made rise to the MOBA genre and first standalone MOBA game, inspired by original DOTA, a Warcraft 3 mod. Before I played the game myself, I was just one of those haters that always thought, "Why the fuck is this game so popular?" Honestly, it's just a fun video game. That's it...

And it offers so much content and good competitive system for people who are into that.

But as time passed on, Riot made many great, but also tons of bad decisions. In last year or 2, specially since season 5, Riot took the game into a direction that stopped pleasing and giving me fun. With release of Dynamic Queue, I thought I would have even more fun in ranked, but it turns out I just stopped caring, specially after seeing most of my friendlist who used to stuck in silver or gold are now plat-diamond in just a few months, due to everyone getting boosted. Solo Q returned to Diamond and above, but i have no desire to put that much effort to get there. Nonetheless, it's still a great game and I would recommend it to anyone.

Not only  that, but it's a video game that inspired me for some reason to try out other genres like MMORPGs, ARPGs and such.

I think you can see how much Riot Games and the game evolved visually alone, from trailers to screenshots

2010 Launch Trailer

And the 2014 cinematic trailer above^^^^

Hell, it's been 2 years since release of  that cinematic and it looked so damn good.

The game 2010

League-of-Legends-2010-12-28-23-36-11-14

The game now

maxresdefault.jpg

Splasharts 2010 vs 2016 (Katarina for example)

katarina_Splash_0.jpg

Katarina_OriginalSkin.jpg

Old client

4jSsx6r.jpg

Current client

Leagueoflegendsclient.png

Up coming client (removal of Launcher too apparently)

2-Ready-check-PBE.jpg

league-of-legends-new-client.jpg

And to this day, game is getting reworks of old splash arts and old champions, new effect changes, balancing, patches, new champions and is still going super strong. Hasn't slowed down a bit.

I'm glad I was part of the experience and I had my huge share of fun in this game, but it's time to turn a new page. I might play it ocassioaly, but I have no more interest in it competitively as I used to

If you've been playing the game actively lately, you will get Kayle and Riot Kayle skin for free. If you own both of these, you will get a mystery gift instead and players who for some reason can't recieve mystery gifts, will recieve RP that's worth as much as a mystery gift. Also you will get a special icon.

Thank you Riot for putting me through a 100 different emotions with just one game. It was a thrilling and a fun ride!

TheTitan and adpop like this

Damm, I think this is refreshing to see, as many of the LoL players are not happy with the game (in it's current state). Thank you for reminding me of the amount of time and effort I have put into this game, and the friends it has made me. I think my life would be 10 times worse than it is right now, if league had not been in it. Thank you Riot Games.

Apex Spartan and TheTitan like this