• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PwnnYClubbeD

EVE Online goin f2p

17 posts in this topic

UPDATED:

EVE Online has gone free 2 play if you are interested in trying it out since it dont cost you nothin now we do have an Unofficial AJSA corp we can fly under after flying with E-UNI for a bit of training.

ive fired up eve if you wanna FR me ingame its:

Zheebs Theiral Sal'tari

Corp home region is: Ejahi IV Nurtura warehouse  

on your chat window add:  -AJSA-  Pub this is neutral public chat outside of corp feel free to invite friends as well

biggest suggestion to give EVE the fairest of chances is after your tutorial 

1: do this ASAP  http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Installing_the_EVE_University_Overview

2: after tutorial missions (do all those missions they give u loot) apply to EvE university (may take a few days to actually get in since they have a queue) experiement in all the things and participate in all the classes they run that you maybe interested  http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Applying_to_EVE_University

3: use the "-AJSA- Pub" chat to group up for fleets, mission runs, ratting etc

4: ALWAYS FILL UP YOUR SKILL QUEUE BEFORE YOU LOG OUT (keep it specialized)

5: when you think your ready to move on from E uni you can throw in an app with the corp "Angry-Army"

My initial impressions of Eve weren't great, but if the Angry Army is in it I'll give it another shot

I tried the free trial again about a month ago with full willingness to pay for a subscription if I liked the game. The problem is though is that the game is boring as can be. The combat is really bad, mining is BORING, exploration is also pretty boring but can get you a lot of isk if your good at it and LUCKY. The only thing EVE is good at is providing an ultra hardcore stock management game. So unless that interests you pretty much every other activity in the game is just so boring it's not worth the time. There is also really no sense of direction, what is the point of playing? To earn isk, why so I can buy PLEX? When I play WOW I'm playing to boost my ilevel so I can do higher level pve and get cool loot, EVE dosen't have that. Also with the way EVE is set up I can't imagine free to play is going to play out very well.  

my take on the f2p model they put out is that they limit you skill wise but you can do everything you can sub-wise. think its a way of upgrading your skills and farming to get back to sub status which makes that downtime between sub status disapear.

did start a corporation back in the day with the idea that we could combind the PS3 shooter and eve pilots together under one house but the shooter game fell apart so it did not go anywhere. though with the f2p patch i may reactivate the corp if theres interest.

For the Imperium! :D

On 9/17/2016 at 4:13 PM, Would you Kindly said:

Hmm was always interested in playing EVE to see if it was worth the time, may check it out.

do suggest running all the newbie missions and hitting up Eve University as a corporation to explore all sides of EVE, they run a good training program and events are always running.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:15 AM, PwnnYClubbeD said:

do suggest running all the newbie missions and hitting up Eve University as a corporation to explore all sides of EVE, they run a good training program and events are always running.

I have heard some members of the community there though make the entire game toxic for some.

So spreadsheet simulator is going F2P, im guessing that it's still so damn unvelcoming to new players.

Might check it out, but im not certain that i will be playing it.

On 9/14/2016 at 8:37 PM, articman said:

I tried the free trial again about a month ago with full willingness to pay for a subscription if I liked the game. The problem is though is that the game is boring as can be. The combat is really bad, mining is BORING, exploration is also pretty boring but can get you a lot of isk if your good at it and LUCKY. The only thing EVE is good at is providing an ultra hardcore stock management game. So unless that interests you pretty much every other activity in the game is just so boring it's not worth the time. There is also really no sense of direction, what is the point of playing? To earn isk, why so I can buy PLEX? When I play WOW I'm playing to boost my ilevel so I can do higher level pve and get cool loot, EVE dosen't have that. Also with the way EVE is set up I can't imagine free to play is going to play out very well.  

Are you sure the YOU'RE not just bad at the combat and keep dying in needlessly expensive ships? <3

On 11/7/2016 at 8:04 PM, mightygold said:

Are you sure the YOU'RE not just bad at the combat and keep dying in needlessly expensive ships? <3

No, not at all, I'm not going to pretend I'm good at the game because I'm not. If anything I actually really like the death mechanics in EVE, it gives it a real sense of meaning when you die unlike other MMO's. I just don't like the basic gameplay of EVE. 

I have always been interested in playing Eve but the game is hardcore and there is a steep learning curve.

22 hours ago, LaSombraX25 said:

I have always been interested in playing Eve but the game is hardcore and there is a steep learning curve.

Exactly my thoughts too. The game in itself is really appealing: the politics, conflicts, large-scale wars and the player-driven economy, lot of depth in the gameplay and systems. However it's so complex and the universe has been going for so long that jumping in in 2016 is a bit scary. With the F2P option now it should attract a bunch of new players, but I wonder if the retention rate is going to be high.

On 11/29/2016 at 0:53 PM, francisbaud said:

Exactly my thoughts too. The game in itself is really appealing: the politics, conflicts, large-scale wars and the player-driven economy, lot of depth in the gameplay and systems. However it's so complex and the universe has been going for so long that jumping in in 2016 is a bit scary. With the F2P option now it should attract a bunch of new players, but I wonder if the retention rate is going to be high.

if you start out in safer space and get your barrings its not that bad theres 3rd party apps out there that give you assurance on your travels so that what lies beyond the next gate does not surprise you. 

if you happen to find someone in a big bad shiny ship its all about planning your attack and grabbing the appropriate counters (and some friends) to that ship so the skill advantage is minimal.

thinkin of firing up the old AJSA account and grind some extra cash to re-open up the office i had when Dust514 was a thing.

On 12/5/2016 at 10:39 AM, PwnnYClubbeD said:

if you start out in safer space and get your barrings its not that bad theres 3rd party apps out there that give you assurance on your travels so that what lies beyond the next gate does not surprise you. 

if you happen to find someone in a big bad shiny ship its all about planning your attack and grabbing the appropriate counters (and some friends) to that ship so the skill advantage is minimal.

thinkin of firing up the old AJSA account and grind some extra cash to re-open up the office i had when Dust514 was a thing.

mean I am down to try and play this game again. I haven't played it in so long I don't even remember what the game looks like. If your planning to jump back on I will as well and maybe you can help me out.

PwnnYClubbeD likes this

On 12/6/2016 at 5:05 PM, LaSombraX25 said:

mean I am down to try and play this game again. I haven't played it in so long I don't even remember what the game looks like. If your planning to jump back on I will as well and maybe you can help me out.

yea let me see how busy my weekend will be and ill post when i fire up the account.

not sure how much the tutorial has changed but do "highly suggest" at least to benefit from the newbie perks is to join up with E-UNI after your tutorial and we can ping each other in pub chat for performing lil ops and such.

that will give you all the learning on what you can do then we can all form under AJSA corp later.

ok though im due for a Archeage/other game stream today ive fired up eve if you wanna FR me ingame its:

Zheebs Theiral Sal'tari

the OP has been updated with info if you choose to give it a shot do suggest 3months of playing before you make your decision since theres quite a bit to do and learn any vets in the AJSA wanna pop in pub for help i know theres a few around.

ima run a newbie through training to see what changed