• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Krauserlols

overwatch
Overwatch - Full armor health hero?

7 posts in this topic

Hey there! been some time since i was around these forums. I had some questions and wanted to discuss about overwatch but since i dont own the game i cant comment there, meh i understand. This forums are pretty good anyways :P

So i have been studying various aspects of the game in terms of balance and mechanics and something that got my eye is the diferenst types of "Health" that there are. Health and Shields work the same way as various other games have done like Halo or Warframe but Armor is an interresting case. Armor is a Health type that is usually reserved for Tanky heroes like Bastion or D.Va and from what i have gathered (videos and the wiki) it reduces any attack that deals more than 10 damage by 5 and attacks that deal less than 10 are reduced by half, and yes Armor can be healed back up like normal health, this is meant for tanks to have a way to reduce the effectiveness of low damage weapon users such as Tracer or Soldier 76.

Thing is that all heroes with armor only have partial armor and then normal health so i was curious for those who play Overwatch how balanced would be a hero with Only Armor for health, not sure if that would be balanced. I think it would offer an interresting gameplay mehcanic as characters like tracer or D.va would struggle to take it down so they need to rely on their higher damage team mates like Phara or Widowmaker. At the same time said armor character could act as a meat shield for the usual victims of said characters.

Of course it would require alot of tweaking about numbers and skills so it doesnt become an unstopable killing machine. What you guys think?

Based on my opinion, I don't know if this is correct or not But I think that they have to have health too. So that when they penetrate through the armor they can have an easier time killing the tank. And one kind of exists already, D.VA her Mech could be considered armor and when she gets blown out, She is just pure health?

14 minutes ago, CrippledHobo said:

Based on my opinion, I don't know if this is correct or not But I think that they have to have health too. So that when they penetrate through the armor they can have an easier time killing the tank. And one kind of exists already, D.VA her Mech could be considered armor and when she gets blown out, She is just pure health?

well they could balance it out by... i dunno making the character short range oriented or making it a pretty huge target

2 minutes ago, Krauserlols said:

well they could balance it out by... i dunno making the character short range oriented or making it a pretty huge target

AS cool as the idea may be, I think we are both slowly describing Reinhardt lol

1 minute ago, CrippledHobo said:

AS cool as the idea may be, I think we are both slowly describing Reinhardt lol

Armor is a health type so who says its physical armor? maybe a Omnic that focused on a slow advance.

Yeah thats kinda like Reinhardt, but we do need someone to face him, he is like the #1 Tank of Overwatch

1 minute ago, Krauserlols said:

Armor is a health type so who says its physical armor? maybe a Omnic that focused on a slow advance.

Yeah thats kinda like Reinhardt, but we do need someone to face him, he is like the #1 Tank of Overwatch

Or... Maybe a BastionBot with like 100 armor and he goes around punching people and supplying armor

1 minute ago, Krauserlols said:

2 minutes ago, CrippledHobo said:

Or... Maybe a BastionBot with like 100 armor and he goes around punching people and supplying armor

Or a large bot wiht mortars on its back