• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Cyberpunk 2077 From The Witcher 3 Makers Will Have ‘Seamless Multiplayer in a Huge Living City’

15 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how I feel about the multiplayer tho, coming from devs that only made astounding SP titles unless it's gonna be some kind of a COOP thing, but I wonder if adding MP will also require a 3rd party application like most games with MP now do. I really hope it won't add any online requirement bullshit

link: http://fraghero.com/cyberpunk-2077-witcher-3-makers-will-seamless-multiplayer-huge-living-city/

While there may not be a lot of  gameplay revealed of Cyberpunk 2077 – the game is essentially in its design phases – CD’s latest offering, players can still consult concept art and discussions by the team to give themselves a glimpse into the new world offered by the dev team.

According to reports straight from the National Center for Research and Development in Poland – whom CDPR have asked for grants from in order to fund the new game – there will be the intention to create a fluid multiplayer experience in a detailed, breathing and original city. The application by the studio is said to include the intention to work on new technology to create a new city based on the formulas of “rules, AI, and automation.”

It appears as if the “seamless” quality of the multiplayer will play out hand-in-hand with the singer-player campaign and not make each mode mutually exclusive. It will form one cohesive gameplay experience that promotes a community feel to it. We wonder if there will be similar concerns of weather making the game unfair for multiplayer.

The team have also applied for grants for two trademarks named “Animation Excellence” and “Cinematic Feel”, which don’t give too much away but generally suggest techniques for design.

There’s no real release date for the game yet, but have hinted at an early 2018 release. The teaser trailer is pretty much we have to go on so far. But look for details in the upcoming weeks, it’s sure to build anticipation for next year.

DemonsColt likes this

That sounds like an MMO....

That SOUNDS LIKE A FUCKING MMO!!!!!

GODDAMNIT!!!!!

giphy.gif

likes this

This and Wasteland 3 adding multiplayer elements is unexpected. Hopefully they both do it well.

I'm interested still, but I would invite everyone to hold back on hyping up what it means. Because "Seamless" multiplayer has been a constant theme in a few new games, and well it doesn't feel "seamless".

Guys, don't jump to conclusions. They might mean it will just support some kind of multiplayer. I really hope it isn't gonna be a multiplayer game tho

likes this

Until I know more I will not judge it, though if anyone could pull off such a thing it would be CD Projeckt Red

likes this

It made me worried. Although I'm quite convinced those can can pull off whatever they planned, it still is not something I was expecting.

I don't see why everyone is concerned about the multiplayer when the nuclear apocalypse is about to happen since it's y'know 2077.

In all seriousness though it's CDPR, of course they can do seamless multiplayer, even if the world is about to be plunged into the wasteland...

I would like to point out that CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077 is based on a board game called Cyberpunk 2020 and maybe they want to make a game with some similarities with the board game its based on. 

Apex Spartan likes this

1 hour ago, Laserrifle125 said:

I would like to point out that CDPR's Cyberpunk 2077 is based on a board game called Cyberpunk 2020 and maybe they want to make a game some similarities with the board game its based on. 

I didn't know this honestly. Thanks for sharing this mate.

NEED. GAMEPLAY. FOOTAGE. NOW!! I can't take this vague gameplay description! Show me how the game is going to be played and GIVE ME THE GAME NOW GODDAMNIT! NOW!!!

I'm not too concerned at the moment. Really, this is the first "news" we've had in quite a while.

If it is multiplayer, that could be either really awesome or will date the game quickly. MMOs are hard to get into in this day and age. The market already has several big ones that have been established for years at this point.

That said, I do have faith in CD Projekt to make a game worth playing. Their track record has been outstanding so far and being able to have a group of players run through a mission would take the game far closer to its TRPG roots, which in turn would allow for a lot of creative design in the "classes" (Cyberpunk has a loose idea of classes) and party matchup.

And hey, if they manage to fit even a fraction of the amount of items and equipment available in the tabletop, we're looking at a huge pile of gear to equip your character with. There's even books which are nothing but catalogues of gear. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cyberpunk_2020_books#Sourcebooks)

All in all, I'm not too worried right now.

5 hours ago, SgtMerrick said:

If it is multiplayer, that could be either really awesome or will date the game quickly. MMOs are hard to get into in this day and age. The market already has several big ones that have been established for years at this point.

"Seamless multiplayer" doesn't mean that it will be an MMO, It could mean that it's just a singleplayer game with a seamless MP. If you want an example of a SP game with seamless MP, take a look at Watch_Dogs, while far from being the greatest game of all time and living up to it's promises, it is still an example. The game is SP, but if you want to, you can let people enter your game instance at any time to play with or against you, Cyberpunk 2077 MP could just be something kinda like that.   

likes this

1 hour ago, Laserrifle125 said:

"Seamless multiplayer" doesn't mean that it will be an MMO, It could mean that it's just a singleplayer game with a seamless MP. If you want an example of a SP game with seamless MP, take a look at Watch_Dogs, while far from being the greatest game of all time and living up to it's promises, it is still an example. The game is SP, but if you want to, you can let people enter your game instance at any time to play with or against you, Cyberpunk 2077 MP could just be something kinda like that.   

Aye, I could of expanded a little more. I meant to mention about non-MMO multiplayer. Some drop-in multiplayer would be sweet, kinda like Borderlands where things get harder or easier depending on the numbers.

Either way, there's no confirmation on it so just have to wait.

Laserrifle125 likes this