• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

BF1 12min Prologue gameplay

9 posts in this topic

Damn, that was tense. I like how when you die, it doesnt restart, but it just switches you to another soldier. However its just for the prologue probably.

"This is frontline combat. You are not expected to survive."

Really liking the atmosphere of it all.

Looks sweet so far! From what I can tell, the story mode is not a single story, but a compilation of different stories which probably really happen during world war 1. Lawrence of Arabia is one the characters in the game, and looks like there's that pilot who will meet the Red Baron. We shall see who the other characters are.

That switching to another soldier thing after one soldier died is most likely an inevitable death just for the prologue because there's certain parts, like the tank section, where you'll die no matter what. And since the story will tell the tales of different specific people all around the world, it'll make no sense if you play as a historical figure, die playing as him and all of a sudden you play as another random infantry soldier.

, Apex Spartan and DemonsColt like this

Just now, Kaz32 said:

Looks sweet so far! From what I can tell, the story mode is not a single story, but a compilation of different stories which probably really happen during world war 1. Lawrence of Arabia is one the characters in the game, and looks like there's that pilot who will meet the Red Baron. We shall see who the other characters are.

That switching to another soldier thing after one soldier died is most likely an inevitable death just for the prologue because there's certain parts, like the tank section, where you'll die no matter what. And since the story will tell the tales of different specific people all around the world, it'll make no sense if you play as a historical figure, die playing as him and all of a sudden you play as another random infantry soldier.

Yea you will play as several different characters. I posted details here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/36686-battlefield-1-will-focus-on-war-stories-and-multiple-playable-memorable-characters/#comment-354064

I'm hyped for the game in a way that I'm looking forward for the reviews and hoping it holds truth to the trailers.

Impressive. Not much of a BF fan, but if they nailed the Campaign down (already played the beta so I know how that is like), I may pick it up in the future. Unfortunately Mafia 3 and Gears 4 are around the corner.

My only complaint about the video is that it needs more bayonet.

likes this

Looks pretty bloody sweet!

What I'm hoping for with Battlefield 1's campaign is that it sort of takes us through the whole World War, teaching us all about its noteworthy battles, conflicts, developments and effects.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm willing to bet that more than me know far less about WW1 than WW2 or more recent wars, and would love to learn more about it.
I mean, the only thing I know for sure about WW1 is that the action that sparked the war was the assassination of a royal person. No idea who, or where, or why, that's long forgotten from my history classes.

The person was franz ferdinand of Austria who was assassinated and you are right that not many know of ww1. Only a small number of games touch on it like verdun or valiant hearts.

Apex Spartan likes this

Not that it is difficult, but things are certainly looking better than all of their previous campaigns.

Apex Spartan likes this

41 minutes ago, Remylia_Scarlet said:

The person was franz ferdinand of Austria who was assassinated and you are right that not many know of ww1. Only a small number of games touch on it like verdun or valiant hearts.

Yeap, this is that part of WW1 that was one of the major sparks yet 90% people don't know about it. Hell, I knew this but even I forgot. Thanks for reminding us!

Most people think of trench warfare in WW1, but that's about it and they know countries who fought, but nobody really knows why or who was the most involved and things like that, but same such people make up 80% of people bashing Battlefield 1's campaign for not involving shit or saying, "how the fuck did black people fight in WW1?" Are you serious mates? I mean I know jack shit about WW1 except the part with Ferdinand by the Black Hand? I think it was the organization who did it. Anyway, outside of that I know a few things more and that's it, but people just love to act smart on the internet. I love it.

I would really like to see that part in the game, but  I doubt they will add it. Anyway, I'm just hoping for a campaign filled with interesting characters and missions and I'm happy. I don't expect it to be historically accurate. It is, but not enough for me to try and learn anything from it.