• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

16 posts in this topic

I have been playing games for the majority of my life. One of my earliest memories is loading up The Grinch game for ps1 when I was 3. (best game I've ever played till this day btw). Most of my friends these days are extremly caught up in multiplayer games. DO NOT get me qrong. I absolutely love multiplayer. I have played every single call of duty, every single battlefield, and sports game onlone for days on end non stop. However, its more important for me to just sit down and get immersed in a game and its characters than just shooting people. Several of my friends will buy the new Call of Duty and not even load up single player ever! I just don't get this. If a game doesn't have an intriguing story and characters that I can remember for the rest of my life I don't see the point in wasting 60 dollars on it. Is anyone else like this??

If you can find games with good story then in my opinion it is worth it in the extreme. I feel you my friend.

When I'm playing a game like Battlefield or CoD, I'm the exact opposite. Those games really aren't there for the single player experience. I'd be just as happy if BF5 or the next CoD didn't even have a single player mode. Most of the time it's terrible and I'd rather the devs just focused on making multiplayer even more awesome. Get rid of singleplayer and make an awesome co-op mode and multiplayer and I'd be set.

I have been playing games for the majority of my life. One of my earliest memories is loading up The Grinch game for ps1 when I was 3. (best game I've ever played till this day btw). Most of my friends these days are extremly caught up in multiplayer games. DO NOT get me qrong. I absolutely love multiplayer. I have played every single call of duty, every single battlefield, and sports game onlone for days on end non stop. However, its more important for me to just sit down and get immersed in a game and its characters than just shooting people. Several of my friends will buy the new Call of Duty and not even load up single player ever! I just don't get this. If a game doesn't have an intriguing story and characters that I can remember for the rest of my life I don't see the point in wasting 60 dollars on it. Is anyone else like this??

I am with you there, i have to play through the Single player and get into the game, learn the story and all that, otherwise i don't see a reason to buy the game just for the multiplayer, Although there are a few games i will make an exception for.

Well atleast a few people are on my side. But pyrofox1313 it just sounds too me you havent played a good story. Would you rather play a singleplayer game like Gears of war or mass effect or listen to campers on call of duty?

I'm the same really, anymore I don't care so much for the multiplayer but rather look for games that provided a great singleplayer experience over anything else and then have multiplayer and/or co-op on the side if I want to play with friends since I'm not much into playing with randoms anymore.

While I do feel that in order for a game to be great it needs a good story and characters, as long as the gameplay is fun and polished I don't really mind spending 60$. Of course I will prefer games with good storytelling like Persona 4 or Final Fantasy 9, but I don't mind buying games like Mario so that I can fun.

But like I said, i do make exceptions as well. I have never played the battlefield bad company 2 campaign but I play the multiplayer every day. I have nothing against multiplayer. But single-player story REALLY makes an impact and leaves good memories everytime

I only expect them to give either a good single player with bad MP, like new Tomb Raider. 

Or a great MP with a boring SP.. Any FPS.. 

If they can give us both then something is going to suffer, like the story in ME3.

Well atleast a few people are on my side. But pyrofox1313 it just sounds too me you havent played a good story. Would you rather play a singleplayer game like Gears of war or mass effect or listen to campers on call of duty?

My example was just for the typical modern military shooter. Since let face it, single player in those games is usually repetitive and extremely linear. That being said I do enjoy RPGs and single player games. I have the Mass Effect trilogy, Witcher 1 & 2, Dragonage: Origins, etc. on my PC. I was just saying that if MMSs dropped single player, I wouldn't be saddened by that at all.

My example was just for the typical modern military shooter. Since let face it, single player in those games is usually repetitive and extremely linear. That being said I do enjoy RPGs and single player games. I have the Mass Effect trilogy, Witcher 1 & 2, Dragonage: Origins, etc. on my PC. I was just saying that if MMSs dropped single player, I wouldn't be saddened by that at all.

For the most part I agree with this satement. But I mean they have brought memorable characters into the story and then just completly didnt do them justice. MW2 had the best story of any fps and they just randomly killed off half the characters and made MW3 shit. And Reznov the coolest damn russian in the universe

pyrofox1313 likes this

But like I said, i do make exceptions as well. I have never played the battlefield bad company 2 campaign but I play the multiplayer every day. I have nothing against multiplayer. But single-player story REALLY makes an impact and leaves good memories everytime

And I understand I'm just saying that story isn't as important for me personally as it is for you.

And I understand I'm just saying that story isn't as important for me personally as it is for you.

Sorry lol that wasnt meant for a reply to you personally. Just wanted to follow up on my previous post and make sure everyone new where I was coming from

Sorry lol that wasnt meant for a reply to you personally. Just wanted to follow up on my previous post and make sure everyone new where I was coming from

Oh ok then just ignore my previous post.

CoLeMaN_COMMANDO likes this

I do enjoy a good game with a good story sometimes if the story is good enough and the gameplay is bad I'll still play it.