• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Are hashtags SO important and symbolic today? Battlefield twitter posts pulls them following outcry

17 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Oops, forgot the link

Battlefield Twitter posts distasteful tweets under hashtags

I wanna kill myself right now. People are getting triggered over these hashtags...

battlefield_1_despicable_ww1_tweet_scree

battlefield_1_despicable_ww1_tweet_scree

I can understand why some people think it's unappropriate, but I also can't. There is nothing fuckin offensive in it besides the hashtags alone. Are hashtags so fucking symbolic today that it actually OFFENDS PEOPLE? What god damn world do we live in today?

If these hashtags are offensive, then the whole game is offensive because you get to be a super dude in a armor and just cut down an army like grass among other crazy shit. What is this shit with people today? This year, I've seen people getting  triggered over the most sensetive shit ever: The Tracer buttpose, then last week the shit with VR rape I posted and now this shit. No point even counting other stuff, like people complained in some game over females leads in a video game etc

I can understan if Battlefield made some really bad jokes about WW,1 but it's just a fucking HASHTAG!!!!

I'm not a twitter guy, but are these hashtags so damn symbolic? I saw people overusing them over all kinds of shit, mostly for memes. And now this offends people? Wow.

can't add a little humor to fucking anything today without people acting like SJW and getting butthurt.

I'll try to keep an open mind, but if someone says, "its offensive because its a war people died in" then I will close my mind. No shit, but tons of video games make fun of stuff directly or indirectly, but I still can't wrap my mind that it's just a fuckin hashtag. I would understand if it was an actual joke.

Crazycrab likes this

I'm glad they apologized, but wow, what do people have to apologize today for...just sad, wow

Reply of the year

af0dd860bdb54f4a85a2ef4d5b1aa3f3.png

You know I've been pretty outspoken against Battlefield 1, but for fucks sake even I'm not bothered about these hashtags!  I might take offence if it were directed negativity at a particular faction of something but as they are I see nothing to offend anybody here!

Is there things that bother me about the game........ well yes, but I've decided not to freak out about it (anymore) especially over something this small!

Apex Spartan likes this

Goddamnit EA.

12 minutes ago, DemonsColt said:

Goddamnit EA.

I would rather buy every god damn EA game with DLCs than support this "outcry"

Can't make a goddamn hashtag today without butthurting half of the internet.

16 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

You know I've been pretty outspoken against Battlefield 1, but for fucks sake even I'm not bothered about these hashtags!  I might take offence if it were directed negativity at a particular faction of something but as they are I see nothing to offend anybody here!

Is there things that bother me about the game........ well yes, but I've decided not to freak out about it (anymore) especially over something this small!

Exactly! If they said some really bad jokes or any kind of jokes about WW1 that are offensive then I would fully understand it, specially coming from such a big company, but crying over a damn hashtag...

I mean if the images themselves were offensive or maybe brutal in some way then as well, but it's just some normal screenshots.

1 minute ago, Apex Spartan said:

I would rather buy every god damn EA game with DLCs than support this "outcry"

Can't make a goddamn hashtag today without butthurting half of the internet.

Not my problem EA is acting like my creepy uncle who tries to be cool with the kids. #justWW1things, really? Who thought of that corny shit? Fire the entire marketing team pronto.

Apex Spartan likes this

10 minutes ago, DemonsColt said:

Not my problem EA is acting like my creepy uncle who tries to be cool with the kids. #justWW1things, really? Who thought of that corny shit? Fire the entire marketing team pronto.

True, true.

I'm sorry, but people got offended by BF1 screenshots with corny jokes on them? Good god some are oversensitive.

If they used actual photos from WW1 like this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjIHugRusSgN-6Fvbd3k9

I'd see why, but these are just screenshots.

4 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

Reply of the year

af0dd860bdb54f4a85a2ef4d5b1aa3f3.png

A-FREAKIN-MEN for that. I mean seriously, we got stores pulling scary decorations because people got too scared, then we got these. I take it next year's gonna be worse.

Are hashtags SO important and symbolic today?

More that literacy is. If your use of marketing has you saying something offensive or belittling an event that killed millions of people your probably going to raise questions or upset people.

I wanna kill myself right now. People are getting triggered over these hashtags...

You're clearly significantly more triggered and offended by this event than the people complaining. I don't know why people typically calmly, jokingly, or just head shakingly disagreeing with poorly thought out and cringe worthy corporate marketing has caused you to be so offended.

I'm not offended, I'm triggered in a way because it's so stupid, I'm more like annoyed. I  got no reason to be offended, nothing happened to me.

There is nothing offensive in those hashtags at all, it's just that everyone is so oversensetive nowadays and they look for every little thing they can find to raise attention to themselves and blame someone. BF didn't post any offensive jokes or any bad screenshots, nothing. I'm not even standing on their side and it's good that they apologized, but its BS what they have to apologize for.

Battlefield used to post lots of tweets with hashtag "#justBattlefieldthings" and they still do, but I suppose now that they changed setting, they thought it would be more funnier or appropriate to post WW1 instead of BF, but nah, people have to take everything that's posted too deep and get offended. Because hashtags are our way of life and they changed the world. I can see them being used in some serious things, like supporting someone and I respect that, but getting offended by them...by something that's actually not even offensive like  the Battlefield posts...well okay.

I suppose there is lots of people in AJSA supporting this so I won't talk about it anymore and out of respect will keep my opinion to myself then.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

The only people getting offended are soft skinned SJW archetype..

Okay, but these tweets are inherently disrespectful and I totally get the outrage. I can't believe anyone in marketing thought that #JustWW1Things was a good idea.