• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ThanatosPOD

Xbox One or PS4

212 posts in this topic

Someone had to start it...

Right now I am thinking Xbox because they do online better and I actually like the Steam lookalike thing they were going to try until the outcry and they lost their nerve... since then the consoles look the same except the PS4 is technically better... of course so was the PS3.  PC is actually starting to take over for me and I think if I want a game for its visuals I should go PC... thoughts?

I think i'll be going for the PS4. I still feel that the Xbox has the wrong focus! It feels like it wants to appeal to the entire family and be an entertainment center, rather than a gaming console. The PS4 on the other hand, looks like it's focused on games, and it wants to be a machine for gamers. I'll be in the PS4 camp for now, at least until the games come out. If the Xbox games are just waaay better than what the PS4 has to offer, i might reconcider.

I will go for PlayStation 4 for now, but I'll be getting XBox One in the near future as well.

If you can, you should buy both to enjoy the best of both consoles :)

I just hope this thread don't become a "War for the Best"... :)

Someone had to start it...

Right now I am thinking Xbox because they do online better and I actually like the Steam lookalike thing they were going to try until the outcry and they lost their nerve... since then the consoles look the same except the PS4 is technically better... of course so was the PS3.  PC is actually starting to take over for me and I think if I want a game for its visuals I should go PC... thoughts?

¡Qué! PC es la plataforma de juego mucho más épica! Viva el PC! VIVA!

Translation: PC, amigo.

But seriously, it depends on your budget. If you can afford it (or if you've been nice this year and Santa has a fat wallet) go for a gaming rig.

Comparison: 

be7.jpg

This is an easily modded Skyrim of course, but- well there you go! :D

I just hope this thread don't become a "War for the Best"...  :)

Too late!  :P

i'd prefer to stick to a pc, But I wouldn't mind getting a PS4. Why? Because it's region free. So i can get even more variety of games in my library. Be nice to get to play all the Japanese game i can't play here because of no translations.

Also because it focuses on games instead of a all-in-one box that I have no use for. 

aniki samurai likes this

I think Lossar has it exactly right. It looks like the next generation will be exactly this: Xbox One for the whole family, PS4 for serious console gaming, and PCs for those that can afford a nicer machine for better graphics and mod ability.

I have been and will always be a PC gamer myself but I'm thinking about picking up an Xbox One for some fun in the living room.

LeoDLuffy likes this

For me, first off im Scottish so right off the bat i have zero use for kinnect or any voice command technology as it will not work. On top of that I'm in Europe and Microsoft have already stated that most of the TV stuff wont work at launch or for quite a while in Europe. So honestly I'm going PS4 with my PC getting upgraded in time for Star Citizen next year, another reason I'm going with a PS4 is that Sony have simply got better development studios than Microsoft do that produce very good games.

I mean have you seen The Last Of Us :P

But honestly a next gen Naughty Dog, SSM or Media Molecule game makes me happy. 

I will get the ps4 because it is region free,cheaper and most of the xbox features wont work where i am.

This laptop I'm using cost about the same as a PS4 and it doesn't handle games too well. To buy a good gaming PC would just take up funds I don't have. At least with consoles I know what I'm getting, I'm really sort of a computer dullard.

Also I'd rather buy a WiiU for the family than an Xbone. Rayman Legends looks fun as hell, and Super Smash Bros is coming out soon. And Super Mario 3D World looks great too. And let's not forget Bayonetta 2.

As for my personal console, I prefer the PS4. I already got a PSN + membership, I get free game downloads every month, and I can download previously downloaded games whenever I want. It's not like making PS4's online subscription-based will hinder me any, and it comes with more actual benefits than XBL does. Take into account that PS4 will have a variation of XBL's party system and it really is a no  contest for me which I prefer.

As someone said to late. 

I will be getting both but saying that the Xbox One feels like it wants to appeal to the entire family and be an entertainment center, rather than a gaming console for me is just silly. In all the new features the Xbox One has it still has its gaming greatness in it. Yes the PS4 may be a bit more powerfull in graphics and other stuff but its been shown that the difference when it comes to games in both consoles is not that big.

DemonGrimjaw likes this

For me, first off im Scottish so right off the bat i have zero use for kinnect or any voice command technology as it will not work. 

True, trying to get the kinect working will probably work just as well as trying to "create a reminder" on the Iphone. My flag may be Norwegian, but my father's side is Scottish, so I know what happens when you try using voice-controlled technology with a scottish accent. Jus' cannae do it. 

Craigr910 and sphe like this

Definitely PS4. It seems to be more focused on games, it's cheaper (not unimportant) and the Microsoft stuff isn't adjusted to European gamers. Besides, the Xbox won't be available in my country until somewhere in 2014.

I plan to upgrade/find out what is wrong with my PC before buying another console. This generation I owned everything and focused more on the 360 because I had been a member of Live for the Xbox, I prefered the controller, had friends on it, and they did a lot of things better (online, party chat, achievements, no installs, etc). This coming generation I would much rather have a PS4, everything I've heard makes it sound like the better option, cheaper price, same online features, region free, no embaressing PR, better deal with the PS+ (and it will also get me free stuff on my Vita), improved controller, building great relationships with indie devs, etc. As time has gone on though I've only seen less and less reason for why a serious gamer wouldn't be focusing on a PC before anything else though.

Definitely PS4. It seems to be more focused on games, it's cheaper (not unimportant) and the Microsoft stuff isn't adjusted to European gamers. Besides, the Xbox won't be available in my country until somewhere in 2014.

True, we europeans seem to have more in common with Sony than Microsoft, at least on the onset. 

I plan to upgrade/find out what is wrong with my PC before buying another console. This generation I owned everything and focused more on the 360 because I had been a member of Live for the Xbox, I prefered the controller, had friends on it, and they did a lot of things better (online, party chat, achievements, no installs, etc). This coming generation I would much rather have a PS4, everything I've heard makes it sound like the better option, cheaper price, same online features, region free, no embaressing PR, better deal with the PS+ (and it will also get me free stuff on my Vita), improved controller, building great relationships with indie devs, etc. As time has gone on though I've only seen less and less reason for why a serious gamer wouldn't be focusing on a PC before anything else though.

After buying my Origin PC i've found myself less attracted to the consoles, so it would seem PC isn't dead after all! If Star Citizen can deliver on its promises, we should be in for quite a treat.

I plan to upgrade/find out what is wrong with my PC before buying another console.

-Legolas, PM me whats going on with your system, maybe I can help!-

After buying my Origin PC i've found myself less attracted to the consoles, so it would seem PC isn't dead after all!

Gentlemen, allow me to hijack the thread quickly and plug the post I made over in "Suggestions" about getting a PC tech subforum going!  http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/57-technical-pc-forum/

Vote and post!  :D

And now back to our regular scheduled postings!

Legolas_Katarn likes this

PS4 to start with, because better hardware, better first party studios, I like the new controller, the controller is compatible with PCs day one, and PS4 is cheaper. I will get the Xbox One when Halo drops, because I am a sucker.     

PS4 to start with, because better hardware, better first party studios, I like the new controller, the controller is compatible with PCs day one, and PS4 is cheaper. I will get the Xbox One when Halo drops, because I am a sucker.     

From the previews I've seen the controller doesn't work very well on the PC yet, or in some cases at all. It does seem to work on the PS3 for PS3 games though.

Sticking to the Xbox 360 till that dies, then onto the PS4, just because.

I'm with Exterdeath, screw the xbox one, it pains me to go over the playstation side, but I am not buying that thing until it surpasses the xbox 360!

For now, I'm sticking with my laptop. My desktop isn't half-bad either, being able to run BF3 half high, half ultra without little to none lag. I do, however, intend to get myself a console in about a year or two, hopefully. If I do, it'll definitely be the PS4. This doesn't mean I'll be converting to console gaming, though. Most of the games I'll buy for it will be the stuff we don't have on the PC. That's the sole reason for me wanting a console.

getting the PS4 first...

exclusive-wise, the Xbox one "seems" to have better games,... but of those exclusives, have a feeling only Forza will rock, and I don't spend so much time with racing games anymore... 

DS3 wont rock as much as the first DS did, since in the meantime we've been spoiled with so many other good Zombie games.., and Ryse really doens't seem much more interessting than Gears of War or God of War...

even if Killzone 4 will be kind of be a "Halo" clone (K2 tryied to be more like a Gears of war and COD,.. K3 seems have been inspired bya BF and a bit of Halo,.. K4 seems to lean even more towards Halo... meaning, K4 wont something very new), .. I'm still getting Killzone, and then I'll either get AC4 and/or Watch Dogs for the PS4  (maybe BF4 too),,,, those multiport games are hyping me more than the exclusives on those consoles this X-mas (was looking foward to Wolfenstein, but it's been pushed back till Feb. 2014)

.....while, if you have a monster PC, you won't need the PS4 for AC4., BF4 and Watch Dogs,.. but I don't play PC really much...., instead I've got a Wii U, can't miss out on Bayo2, Xenoblade2 and any new Zelda or Metroid...

I'll get the Xbox One, when better exclusives come out... , I can't miss out on the Xone exclusives that are to come

ill probably end up getting one of them at some point not sure which just to play console exclusives. But atm my PC is just as good spec wise so i don't see any reason to get one at the current price.

If you have a strong PC and you're not into Forza, then you really don't need to get a next gen console this X-mas yet,.... unless your friends are getting one and you wanna rock BF4, COD ,Fifa or NBA with them...

(..otherwise maybe get the cheaper Wii U this X-mas, ....ZombiU is a MUST HAVE game.., Zelda WW HD is better than expected,.. and Mario Wii U 3D could be better than Galaxy was, when introduced on the Wii.)

I will go with X1, Because of the games.. but i maybe getting PS4 after that, Not sure. I like both consoles but i've been Xbox fan since Xbox Orginal :)