• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

Andromeda Begins Now

23 posts in this topic

New trailer for Mass Effect Andromeda to kick off N7 day.

Now for story details.

The Andromeda Inititive, a privately-funded multi-species endeavor created to explore and colonize the Andromeda Galaxy, is founded in 2176 by Jien Gason and launched in 2185, the Andromeda Initiative is a civilian, multi-species project created to send scientists, soldiers, explorers and colonists on a one-way trip to settle in the Andromeda Galaxy. With powerful benefactors lending their support, the program has grown substantially in scope since its inception. The Initiative’s ultimate goal is to establish a permanent presence on the seemingly resource-rich frontier of Andromeda, and eventually create a reliable route between it and the Milky Way Galaxy.

Jien Gason is the person who talks to us in the Andromeda Initiative videos. She's the person in the white suite, the person in the N7 armor is Alec Ryder who is the Pathfinder and father to both the protagonist, Scott or Sarah Ryder (depending on player choice). Now a Pathfinder is a blend of elite soldier, scientist, and guide. Going from the trailer above however, this might change early on due to the line "You are the new Pathfinder now" suggesting that perhaps Alec Ryder isn't going to be around for long.

As for who has joined the initiative race wise there seems to be Salarians, Asari, Humans, and Krogans who have been seen. Though we haven't seen anything about Quarians or Turians though Turians have been said to be in the game suggesting they are part of the initiative as well. Nor are there any of the other races mentioned yet like Elcor, Volus, or Hanar to name a few. This possible suggests a smaller cast of characters in the grand scheme of things but we will have to wait and see.

One last thing if you like redeemable goodies for in-game use:

Players who explore every aspect of the Andromeda Initiative welcome video and its supplemental information while signed in to their Origin Accounts will progress towards an in-game award: an exclusive special edition Pathfinder helmet that will presumably be redeemable in-game.

A progress bar indicates that this orientation video is only the first of six briefings.

Dialogue wise they were really trying to fit as many bad cliches into the trailer as they could.

DemonsColt likes this

Loyalty missions will be returning:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/11/07/loyalty-missions-return-in-mass-effect-andromeda.aspx

Though it sounds like this loyalty missions will be entirely optional and won't kill someone in the party if not completed before that point seeing how they state they can be done even after you finish the story.

Also we know who is voicing who in the Ryder family:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/11/07/meet-mass-effect-andromedas-leading-voice-cast.aspx

Character: Alec Ryder
Voice: Clancy Brown
Best known as: Hades in God of War III, Mr. Krabs in SpongeBob Squarepants, The Kurgan in Highlander, Brother Justin in Carnivàle

Character: Scott Ryder
Voice: Tom Taylorson
Best known as: Octodad in Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Character: Sarah Ryder
Voice: Fryda Wolff
Best known as: Narrator in Civilization: Beyond Earth

Ok, that is really fucking cool!

Interesting.

Not sure how to feel about it. It looks fucking amazing and it sounds exciting. The First Contact Protocol and the Colony establisment stuff looks awesome. Would be cool if you can find new species and engage FC or establish colonies. Only thing is, I hope it would be done well and not something boring or useless or used just to grind out resources.

Maybe the thing they had in ME3 like the War Room where you check the size of your final fleet will be exchanged with something else here as you colonize other planets.

I'm pretty hyped for this. Please don't screw it up...

30 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Ok, that is really fucking cool!

True, but...LOL, wow

bebb96c1b6484836944fe643ba5f4095.png

Collector's Editions 2016 - get everything, pay lots of money, but don't get the game.

and Darkhound1116 like this

Well we got a timeline answer from the site. The Andromeda Initiative seems to of started before the Reaper Trilogy and left in the year 2185, around the time of Mass Effect 2, one year before the events of Mass Effect 3. So I guess that explains how they are avoiding the ME3 ending choice, make them leave before it ever happened. The 600 years thing is how long it takes the ships to get to Andromeda.

I was a bit concerned when I heard a voice in the trailer that sounded like the voice they used for Harbinger from Mass Effect 2. But maybe that is my natural unease coming through, will not pre-order the game but will likely pick it up at a later date.

9 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

True, but...LOL, wow

bebb96c1b6484836944fe643ba5f4095.png

Collector's Editions 2016 - get everything, pay lots of money, but don't get the game.

I get your point but Collector's Editions that don't include the game aren't necessarily a bad thing......  I know already some people are thinking I've lost my fucking marbles but when you think about It, this actually gives the consumer more options.

It gives you the chance to reserve this cool extra stuff without having to commit yourself to the game at release, so if the game itself sucks you can read reviews and avoid spending the additional money on it.  You can choose which platform you want it on later if it turns out to have a bad port and have the freedom to choose weather you want a digital or disc based copy.  If you don't even want the game at release in order to wait for a price drop you can still reserve the other stuff that comes with Collector's Edition.  Hell maybe you don't give a shit about the game at all but just think that toy rover thing is cool or think it would make a neat present for someone.

My point, like before is you have options.  I will say they should still have a version that includes the game as well but that's really no different from pre-ordering it separately anyway.  It does make sense for gamers because it's more flexible and for companies because it opens up the products to a wider audience.

Now if you will excuse me.......

cpa-aluminized-fire-proximity-suit.jpg

EDIT:  I have found out that the Collector's Edition does have 2 versions,  one with the game and a cheaper one without.

Apex Spartan likes this

I actually like the explanation from the timeline as it does in fact make a lot of sense.

One of the things I am curious about is the moment in the trailer where you can see the destroyed/uninhabited planet and hear: 'Welcome back.'

Is it just to emphasize that they are awake after the travel (the voice seems to be some kind of AI) or will they go back to Milky Way just to find it wiped out of life?

I gues it's the former but still, I need to find a good analysis video later :)

I am so pre-ordering this.

And I have already had a discussion with some friends on how I should not pre-order anything.

There are franchises that I am still willing to pre-order and this is one of them. 

It will be so tough to wait until it is realeased :(

likes this

18 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

Well we got a timeline answer from the site. The Andromeda Initiative seems to of started before the Reaper Trilogy and left in the year 2185, around the time of Mass Effect 2, one year before the events of Mass Effect 3. So I guess that explains how they are avoiding the ME3 ending choice, make them leave before it ever happened. The 600 years thing is how long it takes the ships to get to Andromeda.

Hm, this makes sense, but a question popped out in my head.

I can't remember, but was there anything in ME3 or 2 that mentioned a ship was being built or anything to cross to another galaxy? I mean such a huge event would be heard throughout the Milky Way, yet I can't remember hearing or seeing any news regarding it.

I cannot recall anything like this so the explanation will be that it was so secret that only a handfull of people new about it (like to Council, who, let's be honest, were not really the kind of to share information).

If you would encounter a good breakdown.

I've checked few of them already but they do not talk about a lot of stuff (like why the call they ecouncter something that looks like a Reaper? O_0 0

27 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

Hm, this makes sense, but a question popped out in my head.

I can't remember, but was there anything in ME3 or 2 that mentioned a ship was being built or anything to cross to another galaxy? I mean such a huge event would be heard throughout the Milky Way, yet I can't remember hearing or seeing any news regarding it.

That was never mentioned in Mass effect 1, 2 or 3, so I'm gonna guess the construction of the ships begins after ME 3. 

4 hours ago, Laserrifle125 said:

That was never mentioned in Mass effect 1, 2 or 3, so I'm gonna guess the construction of the ships begins after ME 3. 

Nope they left before the events involving the Reapers, going back at the timeline they actually leave after ME2 but before the Reaper's attack in ME3. They are specifically avoiding anything that has to deal with ME3's ending so as to not make one ending cannon. So the ships were being built before even the tale of Shepard began and left in the year 2185 to begin their 600 year journey to Andromeda meaning that the whole red, blue, or green ending has no effect on them.

Its probably more then likely never mentioned because at the time Bioware probably didn't know what they would be doing for a fourth game after Shepard's tale was done. So ingame explanation would be 'hey top secret stuff' or something.

EDIT:

Actually going back to the Andromeda Initiative site, the program is privately funded and is operated independently from the System Alliance. So the Citadel has pretty much no say in the program.

e117aa2931110f8efb4a16828845a9b44ae36d87

EDIT DOS:

Found the year when supposedly the ships were being built, construction on these ships began in 2176, seven or eight years before Shepard and the Reapers. So with the program being ready to launch in 2185, that means it took about nine years to construct all the ships.

EDIT DREI:

Just more proof on when the people were shipped out of our galaxy, this from the creative director himself. Skip to 3:36 where the question is asked then answered:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/11/08/101-questions-and-answers-about-mass-effect-andromeda.aspx

and Laserrifle125 like this

Well we have some information on two of the new crew members that will be part of team Ryder:

Liam:

liamcast6101110.jpg

Liam is a former police officer who arrives in Andromeda aboard the Hyperion. He’s part of the Pathfinder team and helps with security. “Liam is the youthful, enthusiastic, and in some cases, the idealistic follower that you get,” Walter says. While he takes his duties seriously, he tends to have a lighter tone. He may try to add levity to situations by being upbeat, he also wears his heart on his sleeve and gets fired up easily. For instance, in an introduction scene we saw during our visit, he’s quick to show his anger and react when things go south while the team is out exploring. That doesn’t mean he’s not there for Ryder though and doesn’t support the decisions that must be made by Ryder in these dire moments. “He’s got Ryder’s back,” Walters says. Liam is also very hopeful for the new future of humanity. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens if other characters challenge him on that.

PeeBee:

peebeecast610110.jpg

PeeBee, an asari, is a lone wolf and adventurer at heart. She came to Andromeda aboard the Nexus, but true to her character, quickly went off adventuring on her own. She doesn’t come as part of the Pathfinder team like Liam. “You find her in the course of your adventures,” Walters says. PeeBee is particularly interested in all of the alien technology and things that can be found in Andromeda, constantly looking for clues and things she can study. “

While she’s super smart, she isn’t so keen on formalities or social niceties, which can make her come off as very blunt and forward. “Her mind goes quickly as does her mouth,” Walters says laughing. “It’s hard keeping up with her.” In fact when she meets you, she just goes up and tackles Ryder. Just because she’s an asari don’t expect her to be anything like Liara. “She’s very bubbly; Liara was very serious,” Walters says. “PeeBee will buck the norm at any given time. She’s not about rules or culture or anything like that. She’s not even about teams or teamwork.” We’re guessing that’s going to lead to some conflicts among the party. So what drives her to join Ryder? She sees you as someone who can lead her to finding out more about the galaxy’s mysteries. “Her role in this is helping you find out more about this alien technology,” Walters says. 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/11/10/meet-your-mass-effect-squadmates-liam-and-peebee.aspx

It's nice to get more details on at least two members but I would of much preferred to see someone who wasn't human and one who we haven't seen yet. PeeBee we have seen quite a few times, several images, I believe she was also in that on stage tech demo at E3. Point is we all ready know she's joining the team at some point. I kind of want to see someone we haven't seen that is on our team.

Actually I think that's enough for me ;)

The less I know about who will be in the team the better experience when I finally have the game :D

why do i have the feeling that this game will be ruined by SWJs and Feminazis? *looking at Dragon Age Inquisition *

I see they're bringing their collector's edition tat back..

On 11/7/2016 at 3:29 PM, argetlam350 said:

Character: Alec Ryder
Voice: Clancy Brown
Best known as: Hades in God of War III, Mr. Krabs in SpongeBob Squarepants, The Kurgan in Highlander, Brother Justin in Carnivàle

You completely forgot his absolute best role ever:

african-american-lex-luthor.jpg