• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

RuneX

social hub
AJSA Xbox One Club Information & How To Join

25 posts in this topic

In November 2016 the long awaited 'Xbox Clubs' feature was released for Xbox One console owners. Clubs are online communities on Xbox One where people can gather together to play and socialize. It is a great way for folks to come together to talk, find like-minded individuals to game with, and helping bring gaming communities like ours closer together.

Not only will we have our main AJSA Discord channel and the forums to communicate, the Clubs system will make it easier for members to find and game with fellow members in a more efficient fashion on a local level.

The AJSA Club on Xbox One also has a built in chat system (similar to Discord) and 'Looking for Group' system. Members will also have the ability to view their fellow members online status and see what game they're playing without having to sort through their own friends list.

How Can I Join the AJSA Club on Xbox One?

Make sure you have the latest Xbox One console update downloaded. If you are unsure you have the update, on your home console go to your 'Dashboard' and head to the 'Community' tab on the top of your screen. If you do not see "Look for Clubs" on the top right hand side of your screen, you need to download the console update.

Click on "Look for Clubs". Search for "Official AJSA Xbox One Community". Request for an invite to join the Club and an admin will send you a formal invitation to join. Once you join, you will be able to enjoy all the amenities that the AJSA Xbox Club has to offer.

Club Activities

• Share your game clips and screenshots to the community
  • Create and respond to Looking for Group posts
  • Participate easily in events and meet new friends
  • Keep up to date on all AJSA events and game sessions
  • Interact daily with other members via gaming or chatting

Ground Rules

The AJSA Community is governed as a whole by the AJSA Code of Conduct:
http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/forum/41-ajsa-rules-policies/

Each Xbox Club has tags that describe their Club. Our Official AJSA Xbox One Community tags are:

• No Trash Talking
  • Casual
  • Achievement Hunting
  • Cooperate
  • Player vs Player
  • New Players Welcome
  • Will Help New Players
  • Everyone is welcome

Xbox Clubs Walkthrough

Please contact RuneX [Gamertag: AScapeRunePlaya] if you need assistance to join the Club.

This is a great idea Rune! Thank you and everyone else for setting it up! I'll join on my next night off!!

RuneX likes this

I will request a join next time I go online. Always relucant to play online stuff since I am very bad at games, enough so that half of my friends refuse to play team based stuff online with me because I bring them down lol. So no idea how much I would play

RuneX likes this

If you join the Club, it is not mandatory that you have to play 24/7 online. You join, show your support for the AJSA, participate in the chat...you'll be doing your part. That being said, you will never have to hesitate to play online with us in the AJSA. We never look at K/D. We don't care if you are at the bottom of the scoreboard. You can be sitting there with a score of 100 points. Well....that is 100 points for the team!

At the end of the day you play what you like and decide if you want to head online but the door will always be open to you during multiplayer events and during off-event hour gaming sessions. We won't leave you hanging. I hope to see you in the Club soon!

LiquidArea, Seirex, Abraham and 1 other like this

23 hours ago, RuneX said:

If you join the Club, it is not mandatory that you have to play 24/7 online. You join, show your support for the AJSA, participate in the chat...you'll be doing your part. That being said, you will never have to hesitate to play online with us in the AJSA. We never look at K/D. We don't care if you are at the bottom of the scoreboard. You can be sitting there with a score of 100 points. Well....that is 100 points for the team!

At the end of the day you play what you like and decide if you want to head online but the door will always be open to you during multiplayer events and during off-event hour gaming sessions. We won't leave you hanging. I hope to see you in the Club soon!

Well said dude :)

RuneX likes this

On 11/23/2016 at 8:17 AM, RuneX said:

Yes rune we never leave a faking member behind no matter what

I'll most likely be joining up, multiplayer games I'm currently playing are Battlefield 1 and TitanFall 2. I just need to kill the lazy habit and move my headset from the room connected to my PC allll the way to the living room where my Xbox One is. If I don't join this week definitely during the weekend...Mass Effect got me hooked again.

MasterfulJoe101 and RuneX like this

Also everyone as always you can look in the activity posts every time you are online or in the LFG(Looking for Groups posts feed) I recommend using these if you want to find someone to play instead of finding out how many members have that game by msging them.Also I either make a written post if someone want to play or in the LFG section whether its Halo 5,Gears 4,Master Chief Collection,Star Wars Battlefront etc.

Looks great. Can't wait until the updates are released to everyone. Thanks for the heads up!

here's the update including broadcasting via beam,club update,streamlined UI and more

RuneX likes this

Hello

I just signed up on AJS ... 

anyway ... I wanted to play destiny again with some other people before 2 comes out 

I will try to get this club thing sorted tomorrow ... I have not played on console for a long time or played any games for that matter ... I am looking forward to playing again

Okay so ... is there anything I need to know about the angry army in particular? or anything about the events/gaming sessions themselves before I try to get involved?

Forgive me, I am still trying to figure this out ... I have never joined a gaming group or community before

Thank you 

I apologise if this is an inappropriate place to put this message 

Hello there :)

This is totally an appropriate place for you to ask those questions.

We are a gaming community. We are a diverse team of gamers (old, young, skilled, novice etc. We rally together across a variety of video games and genres; we do not regulate ourselves to one certain game. We like to have fun and going on adventures together. We can play the objective though W/L or K/D ratio is not important.

The events are set/scheduled times and dates where we gather together to play a particular game. Often times, most events are for games we as a community rally behind (we support the game with recruitment, in-game clans, having a Game Sergeant/Officer etc. Additionally we tend to have an overall objective/goal/plan for that game). Each event is led by a "Host" who is in charge of the program for the evening (squad leaders are designated to help with forming and leading sub-groups). We style these as our "Weekly/Official Events"

Other times we schedule events for games to try something new, return to an old game we took a break from playing, or if there is a good multiplayer title that will be free for a weekend/Games With Gold, we'll do something with it. These are styled as "Community Events".

In either style of events, we aim to include as much of the group as possible. We normally try to stay within one XBL Party, with the host and their squad leaders organizing people into various in-game squads/teams etc. We do split up into multiple parties if the need arise and/or we start filling up with a lot of people.

Most, if not all events, are styled around the EST time zone.

We are not into hyper competitiveness or putting other people down verbally. For a general overview of the Code of Conduct, head here.

Be respectful, be open to others, and try to have fun. If you're willing to reach out to others, introduce yourself during events, and have an overall postitive attitude, you will fit right into the community. If you need to contact me personally, hit me up on Xbox Live at AScapeRunePlaya".

Hope this helps! :)

- Rune

17 hours ago, TideBornAssassin said:

Thank you

I will do my best

welcome.Like rune said competitiveness is welcomed(its not nescassary when doing customs/social sometimes) but not Hyper-Competitiveness.We mostly play games for fun even if its team base mode and we still have fun.Btw I am the Halo Game Officer(well for now anyways haha)

12 hours ago, Blurmania 53 said:

welcome.Like rune said competitiveness is welcomed(its not nescassary when doing customs/social sometimes) but not Hyper-Competitiveness.We mostly play games for fun even if its team base mode and we still have fun.Btw I am the Halo Game Officer(well for now anyways haha)

Thank you for the response

I really like Halo too, although, unfortunately it seems that outside of events, not much is going on ... at least when I am online (est + 14), so no luck yet playing with anyone (mainly due to having a very limited amount of Xbox games and time differences I suppose),.. give it time though I guess ... I have only been here for one and a half days so far.

While I think about it ... do people use/pay attention to chat and looking for group in the club page? or is it mainly just for announcements and parties for events? Is there a preferred method of communicating with others in the Xbox division (or any division for that matter) ?

Thank you 

6 hours ago, TideBornAssassin said:

Thank you for the response

I really like Halo too, although, unfortunately it seems that outside of events, not much is going on ... at least when I am online (est + 14), so no luck yet playing with anyone (mainly due to having a very limited amount of Xbox games and time differences I suppose),.. give it time though I guess ... I have only been here for one and a half days so far.

While I think about it ... do people use/pay attention to chat and looking for group in the club page? or is it mainly just for announcements and parties for events? Is there a preferred method of communicating with others in the Xbox division (or any division for that matter) ?

Thank you 

well we had halo events since Mcc and since h5's launched we had halo 5 mostly every week on saturdays 4pm est or 6.But since last year around october we stopped having the due to low attendance(we had one sixzablr group this year in january)but that did not last long and for the moment no halo FPS event or or Halo RTS event like halo wars 1 or 2.During mondays-thursdays i mostly play halo for 2 hours cause i got a job,but fridays,saturdays,sundays if you want to we can play some games.Sometimes I like to grind to a certain rank so i i may not be available.Well every time i log onto my xbox i look in the LFG section/activity feed to see if anythings posted so it depends on how/when members are online.Sometimes for events the host may post an LFG party post so people can join.try to look at both sections every time you log in just in case.We also just use party chat/ ajsa discord to chat w fellow members

New update coming to clubs,xbox arena,beam app broadcasting(i like this one so that you guys can see whenever any of us(mostly me at the moment) are streaming: 

The party chat overlay is a welcome feature. It will be a great tool to use at events, especially when we have a large group and new people can easily identify who is speaking etc.

- Update November 2017 -

Heads up to all. You can now 'Pin' Xbox Clubs to your Home page. Makes Clubs easier to access and you view notifications quicker.

To pin the AJSA Club to your Home, simply go to the front page of the Club and click on the 'Add to Home' button. 

this looks good going to try my luck today hopefully admin will see me lol 

Hey all.

Quick notice to cover the forum end of things. There is currently an issue with Xbox Clubs across the board where it says you're not a member of a Club and need to request to rejoin. This is just a bug on Xbox Live's end. Hopefully a fix will be resolved soon. People can still view posts in the Activity Feed and join Club Parties for events/game nights. Thanks all!

-----

UPDATE May 28th, 2018

The glitch/bug has been resolved. People can normally access Clubs on Xbox Live. Thank you!