• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Shagger

Fanboy Melts a PS4 pro then post picks online... and the worst part?

14 posts in this topic

People are actually believing this!

Now, let me make it clear, I AM posting this as a very one sided point. That side being me... and actual common sense. The purpose of this is vent a bit on how annoying fanboys can be and a plea to anyone who reads this to not not jump on their bandwagons of idiocy like so many, including websites and journalists, have been drawn in by.

I'm not gonna link the website or article I found this as I don't believe any website taking this seriously deserves to have to have more traffic sent to them, but here is the image that's had every Playstation hater dancing before thinking it through;

54940_12_ps4-pro-reportedly-melting-case

This is fake. This is work of someone so sad and desperate to say bad about his nemesis "The Playstation" he/she bought a $350 console just to do this to it and claim the the PS4 Pro melted itself. How do I konw he/she's lying? Well, thankfully I know enough about engineering materials to see right away that is bullshit.

First off, to cause this kind of damage the plastic would have to get so much hotter that a PS4 Pro can actually get under normal working conditions and with every electrical fail-safe in the console and the persons house connected to the console to fail. This is only possible with a sever manufacturing fault, not a design fault. This could be a faulty unit at worst, but it's not. This was done on purpose, and I can prove it.

Plastic, as well as most other materials, expand when they get hot as the chemical bonds are weakened and become stretched. The expansion is more severe the closer the heat source is to the the said material. In other words, when a source of heat is hot enough and close enough to a material and if said material has a lower melting point than ignition point (as is the case with the plastic on a PS4 Pro and most other plastics), then the material will expand and eventually melt AWAY from the heat source. It simply can't move/expand towards it as the material closer to the source is expanding faster than the material further away.

So that brings me to back to the picture. You can clearly see the material is concaved, as is deformed and moving into the console. That means the heat source was on the OUTSIDE of the console. If the heat source was inside the console, the damaged material would be convexed, as in protruding out.

Now, to see some fanboy do this is pretty sad, but not that surprising. I could also see somebody wanting to get a reaction. If so, well done. Let's see where it gets you. It's also not surprising to see Xbox/PC fanboys jumping all over this and dancing in the rain. The disappointing part is that legitimate websites are actually buying this to. What happened to people? Why do people "Take Up Arms" for and/or against an electronic device that's made to provide nothing more than entertainment in one's free time? And games journalists totally pander to this because it brings allot of traffic to their websites.

Having opinions and expressing them in civilized debate is totally fine with me, can even be enjoyable and worthwhile, but this shit is hardly within bounds of normal. If anyone is wondering why some game companies don't take what we as gamers say seriously I think you have your answer. What if it were it to turn out there actually were a severe overheating and fire risk problem with the PS4 Pro? Do you think Sony are gonna take that seriously and address the issue quckly after this?

We're gamers. That doesn't make us anything special, but how can we be this stupid? Ultimately it doesn't matter what platform you spend your time gaming on, we all want the same thing, to enjoy this hobby we share, so can't this stupid shit just stop?

Anyway, rant over. Thanks for letting me vent. I know this wasn't a huge deal and much of my opinions on this are pretty obvious, but I had to let this one out.

, Crazycrab, VirexGaming and 2 others like this

It looks like they just took a heat gun and a piece of metal (or any other pointy object with a higher melting point) and poked a hole through 

If you know me well enough on these forums, I said multiple times that fanboys are the worst kind of people. They will fanatically support you all the way through, but fuck you, if you make a change and it doesn't fit them...then they will whine and cry about it till their death. I don't find this shit surprising at all and it's just one sad individual.

I don't blame people who are baited by this and think it's real, specially if you don't know anything about how burned plastic looks like and all. If you hadn't explained it all, I would probably think something inside it like really blew up or just burned and it melted the plastic over a while. However, people jumping on the hate train and now using this trying to blame Sony or being legit happy that this happened, because they really think the PS burned or something, are pretty dumb. Not worth paying attention to.

As you said, we are gamers. Nobody owes us anything special or a miracle device. If you don't like it, then you simply don't buy it and period. But yeah, internet gives too much freedom and some people think that they can manipulate entire corporations. Well good luck with that!

Just because Sony or any other company does some shit to dissapoint their fans, it doesn't mean you should go full retard and do something like this, or whathever the reason is that he did this.

edit: Looking at the picture more clearly, it's kind of obvious it was actually fake. Funny how the plastic actually is going inwards, as if he took something really hot and just thrust it into the side of the PS and pushed it hard inside. Damn, people are fuckin stupid!

Shagger likes this

I will never understand these kinds of people.

1 hour ago, Wade D McGinnis said:

The owner's mom is gonna be pissed when she sees what her kid did. 

I don't think she will pissed as such.....  more concerned....

I believe the conversation went somthing like this:

"Seriously,  this is what you do with your time and money?   You're 34 and never seen a woman naked in real life outside a strip club!  Get a life!"

PlasticFrogCG likes this

30 minutes ago, Glaice said:

Was among one of these idiots who "reported" this "news" being CrapGamer?

Lol!  He did actually!

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I don't think she will pissed as such.....  more concerned....

I believe the conversation went somthing like this:

"Seriously,  this is what you do with your time and money?   You're 34 and never seen a woman naked in real life outside a strip club!  Get a life!"

And his reply: "I don't need any more lives. Already got 99."

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Lol!  He did actually!

He's more or less a pro-XBox guy from what 1316thekiller has shown.

One time my step-mother put a candle on my PS2 and it melted through the console. I just wanted to put that out there since everyone said what already needed to be said.

Isn't CrapGamer the one who got angry that Quantum Break was going on PC or something?

On 11/17/2016 at 3:48 PM, Glaice said:

Wonder if Gamer Tears taste sweet or salty. Also didn't know that Skeletor was so easily triggered. Hehe, sometimes when he does the "Triggered" voice he sounds like that Kenny kid from Monkey Island 3. I'm not ragging on that by the way, I find it entertaining. "Buttery fucking smooth like my... you just want to pop it in your mouth and chew on it for a while..." Don't think I'd like anyone to chew on my thing at all, no matter how much they'd enjoy it XD.

---

Don't know how widespread this other problem is though:

Not a big deal for the regular consumer though I think.

I hate to bring this argument up, I really do, mostly because by the stretch of the imagination It can be applied to anyone, but seriously. There are people dying of hunger, living in poverty and on the other hand, there are people who buy Consoles worth 350$ and use them to MELT them? Dafuq?

On 11/17/2016 at 10:13 AM, Apex Spartan said:

But yeah, internet gives too much freedom and some people think that they can manipulate entire corporations.

I don't think that's true, at all. Clearly the guy that did this was a moron, and maybe It's just me, but I DEARLY hold the belief that we should stride towards a balance of freedom, why should we outlaw anything that doesn't hurt anyone? I mean like I said with the argument above, that money could have went for something useful, BUT then again, It's HIS money, HE ( at least I hope so ) worked for the money, and he can spend them on whatever gives him pleasure/happiness.

He bought the PS, that makes It his, he can burn It, he can maul It, he can take a shit on It, I don't care. And I don't feel sorry at all for any corporation because some idiot tried to manipulate them. I think he is within his right, but that doesn't mean what he did was anything less than retarded.

WITHASTICK likes this

Well, it's not like he could use his PS4 for anything else.

BN84FoV.jpg