• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

GutsyWiseRobert7

Sick of Multiplayer

10 posts in this topic

Ok so i'm kind of sick of multiplayer games like the title says.

I used to love playing multiplayer games like Halo Reach, Gears of War, WOW etc...

but recently I've just lost enjoyment of them and started to enjoy solo games like I just finished Dishonored 2.

I guess I've just played to many of them I guess and I was just wondering if anyone else has felt this way.

P.S

Sorry for the weird rant complain thing.

I wouldn't say I'm sick of them but I generally prefer playing alone 99 times outta 100. Unless it's with some friends, then it's like 50/50. Note though when I say friends I mean RL friends, not some dude you don't know that added you as a friend online for playing the same game as them. As a matter of fact, when I DO play games online without friends, I tend to get a lot of friend requests with the pugs I end up grouped with, and I generally do not accept them because I don't want the commitment of playing together with other people since I feel like it so infrequently. For this reason I'm nearly always in invisible mode on steam and such because I don't want "hey wanna play ____?" and me be like "no" and snub them.

Then just play Singleplayer games?

ZRMRGap.gif

I mean, alot of multiplayer game feels the same because in some way or another, they are the same. 

Be it gimmick, style or something else. 

It could just be that you're "burned out" on multiplayer games, where you could put them aside for a time and eventually try to go back to them to see if you're still tired of multiplayer games. 

Regardless, in the end it's up to you

You could also try games that focus more on Cooperative play than competitive, something like Left4dead, Payday 2 or something that you find interesting

, Mexiguy and Glaice like this

I like strategizing in my games even if they aren't meant to be strategy, and think on my feet during different situations without pigeon holing myself with specific builds or tactics during a game but rather have more flexible strategies to meet my needs. Coop games are good for this because your 'best strategy' can depend on who/what/how your allies and/or enemies play...

But coop games can be tiresome too because there's always that afk leecher, or that knowitall bossy guy, or that person who you have to mute because they think it's funny to make everyone hear their crappy music over voice chat. These aren't the MAJORITY of game sessions, but sometimes... sometimes you get like 3-4 games in a row like that and it really ruins your day.

12 hours ago, Ghaleon said:

But coop games can be tiresome too because there's always that afk leecher, or that knowitall bossy guy, or that person who you have to mute because they think it's funny to make everyone hear their crappy music over voice chat. These aren't the MAJORITY of game sessions, but sometimes... sometimes you get like 3-4 games in a row like that and it really ruins your day.

Which is why you rarely should play Coop with randoms.

As pretty much a gamer that played tons of SP and MP, I can only say what Alex said: Then just play Singleplayer.

I find joy in both types of games. When I wanna relax alone and enjoy a good story, I go play singleplayer and when I wanna get salty and have fun with friends or play competitively, I play multiplayer. I can't get sick of either because I balance them and take breaks. When I'm bored of MP, I play SP and vice versa. For example, I don't find much satisfaction in hard or competitive singleplayer games that are super hard or you play them for highscore. If I want competition, I wanna compete in PVP.

I suppose you got burned out. I used to play only FPS almost before and since 2013, I maybe only played like 3 of them. I can't stand them anymore unless there is something really super unique or fun about one. Overwatch is the first FPS in years I have spent around 90h on so far. Enjoy other genres and one day, your love for MP might return. You never know.

You know the saying, "You don't find love, it finds you."

Divi9yo.png?1

I do notice a trend of multiplayer games being more common, I do not mind if it is a separate thing from the campaign as long as the campaign is good though. Worst one I remember is Mass Effect 3 where the multiplayer component was borderline required to get a good ending.

Apex Spartan likes this

"Just play single-player"

Well that's the rub, isn't it? Sure there are some good single-player games out there (really enjoying the new DOOM right now!), but most of them are pretty much buried under a digital mountain of multi-player focused games. I'm getting as tired of it as Gutsy.

And it's not like these developers couldn't have done anything about it. Look at Overwatch. I know I brought this up when the game came out ans was shot down by the argument that "it isn't that kind of game", but it could have! All the promotional material was setup to give each of the characters a very strong personality and character arch. How cool would it have been to have a single-player campaign to expand on that? Maybe something like Borderlands.

Now, you could argue that Team Fortress did the same thing, but did they? While the characters in TF were given some background it was still well established that...they're all bat-shit crazy and they're only reason for living is to beat those dirty reds/blues! Overwatch was different. There were heavy hints at a very rich and well thought out universe that these characters were a part of, and then they just shaved it all down to "you get on a team and you fight each other", Even Battleborn, short-lived though it was, made some attempt to expand it's own mythos through a solo campaign (even if it was very light).

And then there's Titanfall 2. I was disappointed in the first one because it tried to establish a detailed universe, but everyone was too busy running around shooting each other to care. The second one made a valiant effort to fix that with a much stronger (if short) single-player campaign.

Ok, ranting over, the short answer is: We need Half Life 3 to show us all how good single-player games can be again! :D

The OW point is good, but even tho they gave strong backgrounds to characters, it was said it was going to be MP team-shooter as soon as trailers and gameplays came out.

It wasn't false/bad advertising and it was obvious, they said it on it's first Blizzcon and E3 as well. Whoever expected a campaign just didn't read or pay attention. (Not saying it was you, but I'm speaking in general)

I rather OW be MP only for 40 euros (even tho that's too much for some too) than if they added a short crappy campaign just to have good reason to boost price to 60 or over. I feel as if the issue today is this: Games that are usually heavily MP focused, usually have awesome MP but shitty SP and usually have SP just to fill up the gap and not make it MP only. I feel like the only good SP games are one without MP completely or usually have very shallow MP

Maybe I'm not on bitter side too much because I like SP and MP both a lot and I see good sides in each of them and basically no downsides. It's taste depended. I agree that many SP are buried with MP, but there is great SP games from indie developers and some great ones coming. And I'm not talking indie like some 2D short games, but stuff like Tyranny, Divinity Original Sin 2 and so on. It's triple A SP games that are bit...rusty on their SP side right now. Only ones that I always enjoy are RPGs, either fantasy or far future. It's the only type that seems to have long campaigns and fun: Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dishonored (it's FPS but still) and these kind.