• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

The Battlefield series will be taking a break for a "couple of years", say EA

18 posts in this topic

Link: Battlefield taking a break for a few years

I gotta say, this is a good decision. BF1 launched smoothly and is doing great, unlike it's predecessor BF4 with it's crappy launch. Not to mention BF1 is completely different, while BF4 was very similar to BF3. I'm glad they will be taking a break and hopefully they make the future one even better.

Thoughts?

Brokensteel119 likes this

I think their just going to milk it with more and more DLC, like usual.

Glaice and nikiking like this

inb4 it becomes Battlefield 1 year and Titanfall the next

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I think their just going to milk it with more and more DLC, like usual.

But at the same time...it will produce even more content. Why could they have done it like Titanfall 2? Cause that game needed that. Im waiting for the eventual price drop of the premium pass among the dlcs coming out.

Apex Spartan and Crazycrab like this

3 hours ago, Mexiguy said:

inb4 it becomes Battlefield 1 year and Titanfall the next

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea!  But EA released Titanfall 2 on the date intentionally because Respawn refused to do all the bullshit that DICE and EA do with Battlefield and will probably keep doing it.

1 hour ago, QwiK said:

But at the same time...it will produce even more content. Why could they have done it like Titanfall 2? Cause that game needed that. Im waiting for the eventual price drop of the premium pass among the dlcs coming out.

Yeah, I mutch prefer NOT having the season pass bullshit and instead having free map packs which don't split the playerbase.

Besides we all know that DICE are only "taking a break" to work on the next Battlefront game do EA can once again milk out the same dodgy DLC shit.

Its opinion in the end. I love BF and BF1 is awesome. People hate it or don't. What DICE does outside Battlefield ain't my problem, as long as they keep it good. It's also better  than some of the better DLCs that only release maps, while DICE puts in gamemodes, maps, vehicles, upgrades and weapons. As for season passes, everyones hates them when DICE does it but someone else does it, it's fine.

I've seen a lot of shit in this community and people shitting on some games they don't like, but its fine when they support someone they like, even if they are a bad company too, so in the end, it's all just opinions. Might as well ignore it and play what you like and let others do their stuff.

I'm glad we wont be seeing another BF for a while, for whatever reason. I might like BF a lot but even I don't support it fully. I didn't buy BF4 until it was on sale for 10 euros and mostly fixed. I know what I'm getting into.

and Crazycrab like this

Well maybe with all that free time they can finally get around to making another Command & Conquer ffs.

On 12/5/2016 at 11:30 PM, Lazilot said:

Well maybe with all that free time they can finally get around to making another Command & Conquer ffs.

They fucked over C&C with C&C 4 and deriving from the classic base building mechanic and that costed them heavily from the angry fanbase. The last reasonable C&C was C&C 3 and the last best ones were Tiberian Sun (and its expansion Firestorm, which is free now) and Red Alert 2.

22 hours ago, Glaice said:

They fucked over C&C with C&C 4 and deriving from the classic base building mechanic and that costed them heavily from the angry fanbase. The last reasonable C&C was C&C 3 and the last best ones were Tiberian Sun (and its expansion Firestorm, which is free now) and Red Alert 2.

You forgot Generals and Zero Hour. There WAS a sequel to generals in development but it got cancelled and the studio working on it was shut down because I guess EA hates good games. That was about 3 years ago I think.

Generals was a fun game as well.

Well that's the most smartest thing that I've heard from them all year. Since when did EA start caring about us anyway and not shitting Battlefield 1 like they did with Battlefront is there something I'm not seeing here?

DICE/EA just need to put all the effort to milk the Star Wars license... specially after their first shallow attempt.

The time between BF4 and BF1 was three years, both are going to have the same kind of DLC so they are still actively working on the game throughout, at least, 2017. They did Hardline but that was really just a larger multiplayer DLC with an added single player campaign that wasn't even made by them. It was two years between BF3 and BF4 and those games were very similar to each other, not even that different from Bad Company 1 and 2. Saying they are taking a break isn't really true or any different than what they have done between previous titles.

Apex Spartan likes this

10 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

It was two years between BF3 and BF4 and those games were very similar to each other, not even that different from Bad Company 1 and 2.

Actually Bad Company was way better than any Battlefield to date because it had a decent story with a good cast of characters and I believe it was the first game in the series to feature destructible environments... which were and still are fun as hell.

Of course I know no one cares about the story in FPS games anymore (except for me, obv) so that may as well be irrelevant I guess.

Crazycrab likes this

I think what made BFBC1 and 2 campaign special was because it was humoristic instead of being serious and it added a special flavor. It was a classic game where you kill entire armies and blowing up buildings was added on top of it. Also it was the first BF to feature a campaign with a story and characters.

BFBC2 multiplayer-wise, was a lot more arcade than any Battlefield. It had usually smaller maps, less vehicles, no jets and removed many things from BF2 that gave Battlefield 2 a more serious gameplay like commander mode, jets, bigger maps etc

BF2 and BFBC2 are my favorite Battlefields in the series because both introduced something new to the series that is the foundation for the series today.

BFBC 2 - introduced desturction of buildings and terrain and all BFs since then use it

BF2 - Introduced Commander mode and squads with a few other things that the game was famous for. Commaner mode was one of the most appreciated features added to the franchise. Commander mode go re-introduced in BF4 and was pretty great IMO, very original to BF2 except you had to queue up as a Commander and not just play as a player, which I appreciate.

If you played BF2, once you join a server normally, you just apply for a commander. Commanders aren't supposed to fight and die all the time because if they do that, it destroys the purpose. They are supposed to be in safe spots commanding and supporting the squads and the team. So what DICE did in BF4 by adding commander as a seperate slot, meaning you can't actually go there and walk around kill/die was a good move. I thought it was a downgrade and it sucked until I thought about this - it stops players from applying to Commander and then being useless by dying all the time.

Outside of that, BF4 was a big no for me. I bought it only for 10 euros and barely had fun in it. I had over 600h in BF3 so BF4 felt like BF3.5, plus it had all the issues at launch which lasted like nearly a year. BF1 is a big improvement on all fronts and a good edition to the franchise since BF3. That's why I said I really hope we dont get any BF1.5 shit in between the next big BF.

All in all, I would like BF to take a serious break for 2 or more years. No some battlefield hardline-like bullshit, NOTHING! Release the expansions for BF1 and put the franchise to rest until you come up with a fresh one in a few years. I read some information yesterday that apparently the new Battlefront will feature a campaign, but I can't find it anymore. Whatever the case, Battlefront might keep them busy if they really wanna make it good.

Lazilot likes this

On 12/13/2016 at 10:18 AM, Apex Spartan said:

All in all, I would like BF to take a serious break for 2 or more years. No some battlefield hardline-like bullshit, NOTHING! Release the expansions for BF1 and put the franchise to rest until you come up with a fresh one in a few years. I read some information yesterday that apparently the new Battlefront will feature a campaign, but I can't find it anymore. Whatever the case, Battlefront might keep them busy if they really wanna make it good.

I'm kinda hoping they take the time to brush up on their history and set the next game in a period they haven't done like the Korean War or the Not-So-Distant Future of 2143.

Although I'm a bit skeptical on their portrayal of history what with the abundance of automatic weapons they handed out for WW1; I do agree the gameplay was fun even if I did only get to experience it in the beta and I'll probably buy it when that price drops and some expansions come out.

Sidenote: Why isn't France a base faction? They fought in almost every single major battle of that war since it began.

Apex Spartan likes this