• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

argetlam350

The Last of Us: Part II

17 posts in this topic

The ending of PSX Show was the reveal of The Last of Us: Part II so here's a thread for that:

Yes, yes, yes, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Granted this game probably won't be out til 2019 (maybe late 2018, maybe). I don't care I am happy to see Ellie and Joel back at it!

Crazycrab likes this

I don't even know what to say actually.

Is it just me or is the trailer really dark, even by The Last of Us' standards? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, hell, it could even be a good thing if it's well executed, I'm just pointing it out. 

I HAVE AN ERECTION!!!!!!

I don't care about pre-order ethics, I'm getting the inevitable super expensive mega collectors edition the MINUTE it become's available!

Crazycrab likes this

2 minutes ago, Laserrifle125 said:

Is it just me or is the trailer really dark, even by The Last of Us' standards?

Didn't notice that actually. But I would be fine with it. Then again, I do like Cormac McCarthy.

Last of Us Part II? PART II?? Why not just Last of Us 2 since the first game is not Last of Us Part I? That's an odd titleing.

Anyway, GIVE THIS GAME TO ME NOW GODDAMNIT! NOW!!!!!! I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS SHIT MAN!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

1 hour ago, Kaz32 said:

Last of Us Part II? PART II?? Why not just Last of Us 2 since the first game is not Last of Us Part I? That's an odd titleing.

The hell's wrong with you? Part II is actually an excellent subtitle. The Last of Us 2 wouldn't work, and since the themes and overall atmosphere of the first game are specific, calling the second "Part II" fits in to the feel of the game.

likes this

I am curious about the story just from the brief exchange between Ellie and Joel, it seems they are still together but Ellie's mind is in a dark as fuck place.

3 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

I am curious about the story just from the brief exchange between Ellie and Joel, it seems they are still together but Ellie's mind is in a dark as fuck place.

Well what we know is that Ellie is sitting in some kind of facility where a number of people are dead.

Before that we see a sign indicating the presence of the Fireflies.  It seems to me that this initial setting is a Firefly facility.

She then sings a song referencing not only that she wants revenge but that they aren't necessarily doing the morally right thing.  So what I ask is.....  is the line "I will kill them all" referencing the Fireflies or someone else who attacked them?

17 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

From the panel it has been described being the opposite of the first game, where it was about family and love, this story is about hate and anger which of course the trailer somewhat shows with how Ellie states she's going to kill them all, which we are assuming she means the Fireflies. Why we have no idea, best guess are that she must of found out what they were going to do to her in the end of the first game, either with Joel eventually telling her or piecing it together on her own. Either way the story is focused on Ellie this time with us playing her. Here is an article on some highlights of the panel for the game:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/12/03/the-last-of-us-part-ii.aspx

On 12/4/2016 at 10:38 AM, DemonsColt said:

The hell's wrong with you? Part II is actually an excellent subtitle. The Last of Us 2 wouldn't work, and since the themes and overall atmosphere of the first game are specific, calling the second "Part II" fits in to the feel of the game.

Oh really.

Let us get look back on movies and games with Part 2 in them and the reason why it has Part 2:

Kill Bill Part 2. Because there is Kill Bill Part 1, the story isn't over yet, and part 2 continues where 1 left off. (Actually it's Volume 1 & 2 but oh well, same rules apply.)

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2. Because the ones behind this dumbass movie wants $$$

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2. Because the entire Deathly Hallows is too much for one film, so it's split into 2 parts.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2. Same reason as Deathly Hallows.

Friday the 13th part whatever because the story isn't over yet, and the film even knows it's not over. Even when they call the 4th one Final Chapter and the next one New Beginning, they still call the next one Part 6. 

How about games? 

Deathly Hallows Part 2. Because EA is such a money hungry company, it doesn't even wait until part 2 was released but instead release both Part 1 and 2 for more $$$

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2. Because it's already planned that this game will have 2 parts. Part 2 was released 3 months after the first.

The only one that doesn't make sense is Space Channel 5 Part 2. Because Space Channel 5 doesn't have a cliffhanger. It actually ends rather perfectly. So..... why isn't called Space Channel 5 2? Most likely because it'll be confusing to put as a title. It'll look like Space Channel 52.

If there is a sequel, it will have different titles because it's a new adventure. That's why Harry Potter have different subtitles for each new films and not just Part 2, Part 3 until Part 7. Because they are all new adventures.

BTW, I totally know you're just being sarcastic. I'm just fucking with you. :P

10 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2. Because the ones behind this dumbass movie wants $$$

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2. Because the entire Deathly Hallows is too much for one film, so it's split into 2 parts.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2. Same reason as Deathly Hallows.

Friday the 13th part whatever because the story isn't over yet, and the film even knows it's not over. Even when they call the 4th one Final Chapter and the next one New Beginning, they still call the next one Part 6.

Well, those movies were part of a recent trend that involves splitting the main story into two parts. Problem is, this trend started back in 2011, so making this INVALID.

It's funny cause you just reinforced what I said. Friday the 13th continues the story of Jason and his mother and how her death influenced her, wanted to exact revenge on whoever. It continues the story from the first movie, hence a "Part II" works.

Deathly Hallows Part 2. Because EA is such a money hungry company, it doesn't even wait until part 2 was released but instead release both Part 1 and 2 for more $$$

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2. Because it's already planned that this game will have 2 parts. Part 2 was released 3 months after the first.

The only one that doesn't make sense is Space Channel 5 Part 2. Because Space Channel 5 doesn't have a cliffhanger. It actually ends rather perfectly. So..... why isn't called Space Channel 5 2? Most likely because it'll be confusing to put as a title. It'll look like Space Channel 52.

Video games based on movies don't work, making this INVALID.

"So much thought went into this and I know there's a lot of people that feel this trepidation about coming back to these characters and revisiting what that ending means and worrying whether that's going to spoil the first game," he said.

"You have to understand we feel all those things as well. No one loves these characters more than we do and we would not do this if we didn't feel like we had the right idea. The 'Part II' is really doubling down on that to say we believe in this so much. We're not trying to avoid it."

"I played with so many ideas that had different characters and it never felt right," he explained. "The Last of Us is about these two characters specifically. So yes, the Part II is saying this is a complementary story to the first game, but the two together are going to tell this larger tale."

-Neil Druckmann, Lead Director of The Last of Us: Part II

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-part-2-director-addresses-sequel-wo/1100-6445956/

On 12/3/2016 at 2:31 PM, WITHASTICK said:

Yes, yes, yes, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Granted this game probably won't be out til 2019 (maybe late 2018, maybe). I don't care I am happy to see Ellie and Joel back at it!

We'll probably see more at E3 possibly. I'd like to think this will arrive 1st Q 2018 or holiday 2018. Of course it'll be ready when it's ready and Neil won't release it until he's completely satisfied with it. Super stoked that this got announced though and can't wait to see further story telling between Joel and Ellie and other story archs they'll create.

Interesting fact, Naughty Dog apparently teased Part II three months ago:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/08/the-last-of-us-part-2-naughty-dog-teased-new-game-3-months-ago

While it would be hard to guess from the three month old poster that it would be a tease of the game just by a tattoo with nothing else to go on.

From the panel it has been described being the opposite of the first game, where it was about family and love, this story is about hate and anger

I can't think of a less interesting way to describe the plot of your video game, even more so when the parts of the first game that are typically praised are about as far removed from that as possible.

"Remember the giraffe? Well, now we fucking kill the giraffe and use it as crafting components!"

likes this