• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

    Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

  • PS4 Forum

    The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

    The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

  • XBO Forum

    The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

    The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

  • News Archive

    The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

    The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

  • More Info

    The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

    The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

  • The Team

    Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

    Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

  • The Tube

    The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

    Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newbornALIEN

Pcbuild

30 posts in this topic

Ok I'm finally after years of complaining going to buy a desktop pc because I broke my Macbook screen and I'd rather buy a new computer then repair that piece of turd for more then 500 €.

 my budget is +- 1000€. I already have a monitor, speakers, keyboard and mouse. What do you guys think of this build?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NewbornALIEN/saved/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A decent looking 1080p build, but I do wonder why you're going for the GTX960 with GTX1050ti being out. It's smaller, easier to install, should run cooler, use less power, has the same 4GB's of DDR5 RAM and clock speeds (if not slighter faster), a newer card and costs roughly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made this build before that video card came out about a year ago never really got around of buying the build.

I'm not a crack in these things so thanks for pointing that out. I'll change it in the list. Thats why I ask here first XD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card instead. What'd you say? Any other comments? Is the motherboard any good or would you prefer something else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, newbornALIEN said:

I took the Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card instead. What'd you say? Any other comments? Is the motherboard any good or would you prefer something else? 

 

Why are you including that sound card?  If it's for the optical output you should go for a motherboard with that included (which most decent ones do).

 

Also the I7 4790K is the last quad core chip compatible with the LGA1150 socket, so if you ever wanted to upgrade after this it WILL require a change in not just CPU but motherboard and RAM as well.  So on that note I would recommend going for a newer Skylake CPU, LGA1151 socket motherboard and DDR4 RAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know so Sound cards are completely unnecessary? The thing is I Produce music so I would want the best sound possible but I would probably buy an external soundcard in the future anyway to use with monitors so I kinda get where you are going.

I have no fucking clue what a LGA1150 socket is but If you say so :P

edit: I can't find the Skylake cpu your referring too? I can only find Intel Cpus on pcpratpicker?? I can also only find LGA1150 cpus from intel :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newbornALIEN said:

I don't know so Sound cards are completely unnecessary? The thing is I Produce music so I would want the best sound possible but I would probably buy an external soundcard in the future anyway to use with monitors so I kinda get where you are going.

I have no fucking clue what a LGA1150 socket is but If you say so :P

edit: I can't find the Skylake cpu your referring too? I can only find Intel Cpus on pcpratpicker?? I can also only find LGA1150 cpus from intel :wacko:

 

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear.  Skylake is the newer generation of Intel Quad core processors like the the i5-6600k and the i7-6700k. The LGA1151 is the socket on the Motherboard that fits these, the LGA1150 socket though very similar is not compatible.  Using a Skylake processor allows you to get the best out of the faster DDR4 RAM but the most important thing is that using the newer hardware leaves you open to future upgrades without having to rebuild the entire thing.  If you go for the I7-4790K you won't be able to upgrade further without changing the motherboard which can be costly and time consuming.

 

On the subject of sound cards for most general and gaming purposes the HDMI, 3.5mm jack's and optical outputs available on most Motherboards are more than enough.  Since you're producing music you might want something more specific that the Motherboard can't do.  Without knowing exactly what other equipment you have I can't really advise you on what you need or even if you really need one, but the sound card in your list only really adds additional ports that are on most Motherboards anyway so it isn't going to help mutch.  Maybe something with recording facilities or compatibility with you own recording equipment might be more useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get what your saying but I cant find the i5-6600k and the i7-6700k. Or is it me ? look  https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, newbornALIEN said:

I get what your saying but I cant find the i5-6600k and the i7-6700k. Or is it me ? look  https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu/

 

Disable the compatibility filter or remove the Motherboard and RAM from the list (you'll want to change them anyway)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K, thanks for the tip man I'll work it out a bit and post my final build. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K, what do you think about this? any other suggestions or am I all set? https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NewbornALIEN/saved/#view=87hfrH

I want to go buy it asap can't bear this mac anymore. Look at my screen XD 

15220076_10211902192492522_8093233438743753983_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really sure about the motherboard I just took the cheapest one. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newbornALIEN said:

I'm not really sure about the motherboard I just took the cheapest one. :P

 

Since it is a micro ATX Motherboard it will look a little bit small in your case but will still fit, I would go for an ATX board If you can stretch to it but it's not essential (example). If you spent more you could get extra features like built In WiFi, Bluetooth, SLI compatibility for multiple video cards, USB 3.1, digital optical out, extra PCI slots and so on.  If you don't need or want any of that extra stuff that motherboard in your current list will do fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmh so If I get one with build in wifi i don't need the wifi adapter anymore or is it better to get a seperate wifi adapter with antenna? Also kind of annoying you cant see anywhere if they got "WiFi, Bluetooth, SLI compatibility for multiple video cards, USB 3.1, digital optical out, extra PCI slots and so on. " you have to look it up with google to find the specifics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, newbornALIEN said:

mmh so If I get one with build in wifi i don't need the wifi adapter anymore or is it better to get a seperate wifi adapter with antenna? Also kind of annoying you cant see anywhere if they got "WiFi, Bluetooth, SLI compatibility for multiple video cards, USB 3.1, digital optical out, extra PCI slots and so on. " You have to look it up with google.

 

If you get a motherboard with built in WiFi you won't need the adapter, but that feature is mostly on the more expensive boards so the build will almost certainly cost considerably more  So unless you want to keep those PCI slots clear or just want the convenience of having it built in I don't really recommend it  There is a filter on PCPartPicker for wireless network motherboards if you want to check them out.  I find a good way of seeing what features are on a motherboard is to look at a picture of the back panel.

 

YLMkfQC.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K so I hope this is last time I have to post my build here. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NewbornALIEN/saved/#view=87hfrH 

I still went with an wireless network adapter because the motherboards would cost like double the price (above 200$) if I wanted 2-way SLI and wireless motherboard. The MSI Z170A KRAIT already was double the price of my last motherboard in past build.

Anymore suggestions? 

Crazycrab likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be able to find a better deal on windows 10 than that. Somebody mentioned in the thread for my new build about windows 10 being on g2a for $20?. I managed to find a good deal eventually myself, so look around. Other that that, the build is looking sweet.

Crazycrab likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like everyone else here helped you find decent hardware to build your computer. I'll just help with the audio stuff. You want a motherboard with a decent quality built-in sound. Most mid-range to costly motherboards with have that, and you will use it for everyday use. For your producing (not recording) you will want a high quality DAC (Digital to Analog Converter). A good one will greatly increase your sound quality, even beyond what a video card can do because of internal computer noise. Here are some examples of good ones. I don't know what you need, which would determine you need to buy, but this is just to get you started.

If need to both record to the computer and have crisp audio be driven through your speakers you will need an audio interface, and I can make a list of suggestions for that too.

https://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/o2-odac-combo/

http://www.hirestech.com/product/?pid=107

https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Headphone-Amplifier-Docking-Interface/dp/B0070UFMOW?tag=lifehackeramzn-20&ascsubtag=a8c7bc29f0170290122755679e9e41b4c3ce2f44&rawdata=[r|https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F[t|link[p|483393503[a|B0070UFMOW[au|5716553178370339807[b|lifehacker

 

Crazycrab likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, newbornALIEN said:

K so I hope this is last time I have to post my build here. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NewbornALIEN/saved/#view=87hfrH 

I still went with an wireless network adapter because the motherboards would cost like double the price (above 200$) if I wanted 2-way SLI and wireless motherboard. The MSI Z170A KRAIT already was double the price of my last motherboard in past build.

Anymore suggestions? 

 

TheDycer has posted some additional audio equipment that might be useful to you but I don't think there is anything else to change or add on the build itself, you're good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks guys, I'm now assembling all the items on different sites where I can buy them as cheap as possible. Because I live in Belgium it's a bit harder to find all those parts as cheap as possible (like on pcpartpciker) so my final build will probably differ from my build but will be as close as I can get. One question though is this https://www.bol.com/nl/p/hx318c10fbk2-16-16gb-1866mhz-ddr3-cl10-dimm/9200000026507855/ ram memory the same as in my build the "Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory". I want to make sure it fits on the motherboard before I buy it. The numbers are different but cant find enought specifications to know whats the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, newbornALIEN said:

thanks guys, I'm now assembling all the items on different sites where I can buy them as cheap as possible. Because I live in Belgium it's a bit harder to find all those parts as cheap as possible (like on pcpartpciker) so my final build will probably differ from my build but will be as close as I can get. One question though is this https://www.bol.com/nl/p/hx318c10fbk2-16-16gb-1866mhz-ddr3-cl10-dimm/9200000026507855/ ram memory the same as in my build the "Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory". I want to make sure it fits on the motherboard before I buy it. The numbers are different but cant find enought specifications to know whats the difference.

 

The big difference is that the RAM in your build is DDR4 and the RAM in the new post is DDR3.  In addition to DDR4 being faster and more power efficient, DDR3 is NOT officially supported by Intel Skylake processors like the i7-6700k.  Intel themselves have even warned it can damage the CPU over time because it runs at higher voltages.

 

So long story short you should stick with DDR4, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, newbornALIEN said:

 

That's fine, it's actually a little faster than what you had before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I got all items except for the corsair h-60 cooler and the zotac geforce gtx 1050 video card. Could you suggest a good cooler that will fit my build and is available on this site https://www.bol.com/nl/l/computer/computercomponenten-koeling-cpu-koelers/N/16474/index.html ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nvm gonna buy the corsair and zotac on Amazon.de. they are a little bit more expensive then on pcpartpicker' sites but what you expect I live in expensive Europe >.>

funny and ironic though euros are more worth then dollars but still everything is more expensive in comparison. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0