• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheTitan

AJSA NA RANKED TEAM

22 posts in this topic

sMmqapC.jpg

The AJSA Club will be holding tryouts for the AJSA ranked team during the first two weeks. We will be looking for the starting spots in all 5 positions. Reply to this thread with your LoL ign and the two roles you want to try out for. The first role listed will be assumed to be your first choice. Once signed up, we may start spectating your games at any time to narrow down the pool of contestants for the starting spots. We will look at your general mechanics, your ability to ward and communicate enemy behavior, and how you manage your lane. The starting spots will determined by a set of games played with a combination of the finalists.

Certain important traits for each role:

Top: The most diverse role right now. We will look at not only how well you manage your lane and avoiding ganks, but this is a role where you need a deep champ pool to take advantage of a quickly evolving meta.

Jungle: We won’t be looking at just farming and gank attempts; we want to see how well you set your team up to control the entire map.

Mid: This lane is not just about stomping your opponent in both CS and kills. Can you roam and help your jungler have control over the river through the mid game? Being able to do that without sacrificing lane dominance will win you a lot of support.

ADC: Well, can you CS effectively while taking smart trades with the enemy laners? You should also be to understand your lane’s vision requirements.

Support: Besides trading in lane, and keeping your gunho ADC alive, can you roam and set up the pressure and vision needed to control the map?

If you don’t think you have enough free time this season to be on the team, but have a great understanding of League, ask to be one of the evaluator. To be fair, if you want to help evaluate players for a starting spot, you can’t compete for a starting spot.

RuneX likes this

Also if you adc/support mains want, I can queue up with you in a normal queue if you are afraid spectating when you have a horrible lane partner will end up destroying your chances of being picked near the top for your desired role.

If we do make the team, when will we be playing games as a team. I want to know because with school I may not have enough time and I don't want to try out if I won't be able to make the games.

12 minutes ago, adpop said:

If we do make the team, when will we be playing games as a team. I want to know because with school I may not have enough time and I don't want to try out if I won't be able to make the games.

It will be decided by the group of 5 when games will be played. It is impossible to tell you when to play when we will have no clue when the 5 will be free. Just expect it on weekends at night. 

Doubt I'll make the cut, but I want this team to exist.

LOL IGN: NamelessPric Roles: Support, Fill

17 hours ago, 1ceSou1 said:

IGN: Senpai Corea

Any Role

You really need to be a little more specific. Just name one by name. 

On 2016-12-09 at 4:39 PM, TheDycer said:

You really need to be a little more specific. Just name one by name. 

Pref mid/jungle/adc

11 minutes ago, Thebanksproject said:

i dont get it

Well they removed the new account CD it looks like. Just give your IGN and top two roles. The rest of the info is up there, and we will probably make final decisions around the new year,

An update on the ranked team. The current starting five (this is far from final) are:

Top: Rhabit

Jungle: Senpai Corea (Captain/Shotcaller)

Mid: Gpawshaft02

ADC: SONY Showtime

Support: NamelessPric

I want to see some games played together by the new year to figure out how everyone fits together. This starting 5 is far from final so there is a high chance of players being swapped out as things are tested. This is still in the trial stage. If you guys are free on Thursday, I am too so we can see if this set works as intended. 

CC_Showtime likes this

hi :D

Summoner: Roshiu

i mainly do Mid Lane, and have a decent size pool of champs to play with. Top is my second best, with a combination of bruisers, tanks and assassins.. And  i can also jungle, but that is my smallest pool of champions. 

Pool (in order of skill):

Ekko (my one trip pony Top/Mid)

Kennen (for the cc lock team top/mid)

Vi (CC bruiser/tank jungler)

Graves (Damage top/ jungler)

Vlad (Tank AP top laner)

Quinn (Top lane bully that carried me to plat xD)

Pantheon (Poke out of lane, map pressure choice)

Camille (I'm pretty good with her, and build her tank, but due to ban rate, most likely never gonna happen)

------

Learning:

Shen

New Warwick

Note: I am on Eastern Time, and I am available mostly after 9-10 until i go to sleep. But I am easy to change my schedule

Edited by Roshiu

So now that Titan and I can devote more time to be overbearing with the rank team again. Let's try to get this set of 5 to play ~4 games together to see how they will mesh. Once again, this is not final. This trial run will determine if the players here can work well together. This set has been determined not only by skill and stats, but also by playstyles. 

Top: Roshiu

Jung: Brickhill/Showtime

Mid: Gpawshaft02

Bot Carry: Showtime/Brickhill

Support: Senpai Corea (Shotcaller)

Whenever you guys are free we can try this combo out, and hopefully get closer to final starters in the next week.

CC_Showtime and Roshiu like this

every day of the week i have class till the lastest is 1:15 so i should be good most of the day after that

New line-up to test with some changes. Once again not final:

Top: Roshiu

Jung: Showtime

Mid: LilyRose

Bot/ADC: Gpawshaft02

Support: NamelessPric

Let's try to get this tested out by the end of the weekend.