• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Let it Die. Suda 51 game, for free. Available now. The greatest game ever made. Probably.

8 posts in this topic

At long last, after 2+ years of looking at the PS4's damn price from $550 in 2014 to $320 right now with the help of a $180 EB Games gift voucher, I finally bought a PS4. HIEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! MY ARM IS COMPLETE AGAIN!!

Also with Uncharted 4 for only $33 after a "buy a PS4 get any pre owned games 20% off" and FF15, which I had to search everywhere since it's sold out like a Turboman doll.

Anywho, as I was waiting for Uncharted 4 and FF15 to install and get updated because these games have to do that apparently, I browsed through the PS4 store to find free games I can play. And I remember PSX's Let it Die trailer.

So I downloaded this game. And I have to say, it's pretty damn good!

And thankfully, this game doesn't have a parody of that catchy and annoying song Let it Go from Frozen. Thank God, because if I have to hear another rendition of that song, I will go FUCKING MENTAL.

Let it Die is from Suda 51 of No More Heroes, Killer 7 and Killer is Dead fame, and it's just as insane as his previous games. This game is actually a game within a game played in a console named Death Drive 128, and if I have to compare it to something, it's like if Dark Souls gets an acid trip and visit Suda 51's theme park and it's a roguelike game where once you're dead, you're dead and have to get your tools all over again. It's pretty crazy that's for sure. It's an action game where your objective is to climb to the top of this gigantic tower called the Tower of Barbs, a giant tower that's pretty much all that's left of humanity after earth mostly got destroyed in an earthquake. Of course, getting there is not easy because you will die. So many times.

Helping you in this journey are a couple of people. Uncle Death, which is a pretty friendly Grim Reaper that calls you senpai all the time for some reason, a Hitler mustached guy who's a shopkeeper, this......... girl,

This insurance lady that pops up when you get killed,

And an elevator lady. 

Combat in this game is simple. You can have a weapon in your right and left hand, or have a firearm and heavy weapon for both hands. Doing enough damage to enemies will fill up a Rage meter which if you use can deal massive damage. Killing things reward you with xp, usable items, money and mastery points for your weapons, which there are plenty of. Weapons in this game are pretty disposable because you can only use it a few times before it breaks, so mostly you'll be using your fists to do the job. You only earn mastery points by killing enemies with a weapon, so you don't earn any just damaging them. My suggestion if you want to level up your weapon without it breaking easily: kill a lot using your fists first, after that when you want to level up a weapon, just damage enemies a lot using your fist, and then finish them off with a weapon you want to level up.

You heal by eating various things lying around, like toads, rats, mushrooms and heart candy. You'll need these things if you want to live. If you die in this game, that insurance lady will pop up and ask if you want to get revived, or if you want to restart all the way from the bottom of the tower. If you restart, your body will remain at the point of death, and it will kill anyone who he/she sees which you can get rewards from if it manages to kill other players online. 

So you may ask, if I get to level 10 of the tower and then I died, do I have to restart all the way down from level 1?? Well yes! If you want. The other option is to use the elevator to the floor that you want. Most floors have these elevator switches that you can pull which grants you access to that floor. But be careful because when you die, all your xp and items you earn will disappear. So if you see an elevator switch, pull that shit and go back to the first floor to collect your rewards.

Get this game. It's free, and unlike other free to play games, there's no bullshit moments where you have to buy premium currencies to buy better equipment to get through a stage. The only thing you buy in this game are Death Medals, which are used to revive you after you are dead. 

letitdie_7.jpg

Don't even fucking bother buying these things. You get them like candy in this game after completing quests and logging in after a day. Happy hunting! If you're not playing Final Fantasy 15 that is.

likes this

Soooooo......

No pc release?

tYb4tv7.gif

5 hours ago, Alexander452 said:

Soooooo......

No pc release?

tYb4tv7.gif

PS4 exclusive.

Been waiting for this since I remember the rumors then teaser trailer back in the PS3 days!

1 hour ago, Wade D McGinnis said:

PS4 exclusive.

mTFA6cn.jpg

I find it to be a bit too repetitive. Yeah you'll die a lot but at the same time it's mostly going to be against the 'Haters' or 'Hunters' once you get your baring and that's primarily because it seems like there is no form of restriction on what levels they can be to enter your world. I was just starting a tier 3 character and a level 70 was in my world. No chance I'm killing that and I know he can kill me in one shot, lucky for me he didn't have a gun (which are by far over powered IMO and need work) and the hall was big enough for me to run by him and he got distracted by some enemies.

Speaking of tiers, another reason this game I find to be way to repetitive is the fact each character you level separately. So for those who can't play it or haven't, you start out with two characters, each a tier one that can go to level 25. You can get more characters by upgrading your freezer where these characters are store. Now leveling to 25 is easy, but once you beat the first actual bosses (there are other bosses that are called midbosses you run into along the way), you get the chance at tier 2 this is when it gets annoying I felt. You are forced to go relevel up to continue your way up the tower (tier 2 characters level to 50 or 51), worst part is this time you unlock tier 3 characters (can level to 75) around floor 16 which is nearly half of what it took to get to tier 2 characters (you get those after the first boss which is on floor 10). So yeah it started out fun but then it just becomes a chore. Let alone the fact if you die and don't have any of the skull things you two choices are to hunt the character down where they were killed and then kill them to retrieve that character or use kill coins. So far using kill coins hasn't been bad, most was 13000 kill coins but that was around floor 15, can't image what it's like when you get to the end.

I've seen this compared to Souls in that you'll die a lot but I never felt the Souls series were this repetitive, or cheap with the invaders (or for this game 'Haters'). While death was punishing in Souls it never felt something that I should straight up fear. Yeah you wanted to avoid it because it meant repeating yourself but you never lost a fully leveled character because of it.

Overall I'm sitting at the second actual boss fight (or I'm assuming the system goes every ten floors a true boss fight). Depending on how that goes it's going to make or break it, probably the latter. It's a shame because I do kind of get a kick out of Uncle Death and the back stories to the bosses. But I guess in the end it just isn't my cup of tea, I'll stick to Souls, Bloodborne, and Salt and Sanctuary for my daily dose of death.

So disappointing. I knew that game was not gonna be an online deathmatch but I was fine with that. But there is just no reason to play this over Dark Souls/Bloodborne.

It plays, runs, and looks like ass. It's unbalanced as hell. And its buggy. I had gotten stuck on terrain twice by the time I reached the first boss.

Well, after playing this game for 6 days straight, I can definitely say it's..... not a game that everyone can enjoy. It can get pretty boring for people that's for sure, so you have to know what you're getting into.

The longer I play the game, the more this game feels less like a Souls game and more like a roguelike game. Most recently Enter the Gungeon

Personally, I haven't got tired of the game yet. In fact I like it more than Enter the Gungeon because the difficulty is pretty fair and doesn't throw in spikes like sudden bullets all over the screen that you have to dodge in 1 second. Well except when there's a Hater that overlevels me, but that's because I don't have enough leveling up yet. I'm 20+ hours in and I have only beaten the first major boss. Weird cutscene... reminds me of those talk show jokes where they can't bring a guest in, so they just plaster someone's mouth to a picture.

Meijin gives a lot of great tips. That guy that keeps on playing in the arcade basically. My advice is to always go to him. It's from him that I know of the miniboses weaknesses; how if I sneak up above or behind an enemy, I can sneak attack them with a suplex and a hurrancanrana; and I know that if you knock someone down, you can come up to him and press X to stomp him, among many other things.

The most annoying, and interesting thing about this game is the character storage system. Initially you only have slots for 2 characters, but you can upgrade your base and get more characters you can store. When you beat boss 1, you unlock the next tier of characters. And of course these characters are WAY better than the ones you start with, which you can pretty much dispose off. Weird that the only way to get rid of a character is to Let It Die in the tower and dispose of the corpse down in your base. Hehehe, pun.

Now why would you want to have a bunch of characters with you? Well to create an army to defend your base of course! And to get items by sending them to expeditions but primarily to defend you base. Because this game has an invader mode. You are able to raid other people's bases to get their money and blue.... thingies, and they can also do the same with you. So you want to have as much characters you can get to make your base the toughest base ever. So people think twice about coming to you next time. My base right now has 3 tier 2 characters and 1 maxed out tier 1 character, each armed with a butterfly knife, probably the best weapon right now besides fists, the Magnum E and the sniper rifle. If you people want to invade my station, I would LOVE to see you try. HAHAHAHAHA!

What's annoying about this game is the fact that you can't share XP points with every characters. If you want to level up a character, you have to play with that specific character. Why can't you just accumulate XP points with 1 character and share that XP points with others?? You level up using a machine for God's sakes. Surely that machine can link a character with other that you have so they all get XPs?? This game will be a lot less tedious if this happen.

Oh yeah, that and the loading. Especially when I enter a new floor, and then immediately go back down bellow which I have to wait for 30 seconds. Needs that fixed.

Still though, the game's free. And among other free to play games that has stupid microtransactions, the fact that I'm playing this game for 20+ hours and not pay real money at all and progress through my own skills is pretty damn good. I still highly recommend this game because hey, whether you like it or not in the end, it's still free.

8 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

What's annoying about this game is the fact that you can't share XP points with every characters. If you want to level up a character, you have to play with that specific character. Why can't you just accumulate XP points with 1 character and share that XP points with others?? You level up using a machine for God's sakes. Surely that machine can link a character with other that you have so they all get XPs?? This game will be a lot less tedious if this happen.

Pretty much this, I think this is what has killed my interest for the game. Having to constantly relevel characters and not be able to share XP between characters just got way to repetitive. That and the issue of no form of system to regulate the Hater system like Soulsborne games have putting you against some frustrating odds.