• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Nirvana

Why did EA decide not to be greedy this year?

23 posts in this topic

We all know that EA is known for being corrupt and always trying to find ways to take our money and milk franchises with expensive dlcs, preorders and incomplete glitchy games. But this year for Battlefield 1 EA doesn't do any of that no micro transactions and crashes. Why is that? Last year EA was hated for screwing with the battlefront franchise and every year with all the sports games and Sim games. This doesn't make sense if they all sudden had a change of heart and actually gave a shit about their consumers then why couldn't they have done sooner?

There is still plenty of BS that EA can be held accountable for, but the last couple of years there has been significantly less reasons to get pissed at them. IMO, Activision and Konami have been a hell of allot worse. EA have always had good games in there arsenal, if they didn't we wouldn't get that frustrated with them for their dodgy shit, but I feel like they are listening to gaming community and are balancing profitability with fairness to the consumer allot better than they used to. Look at what they did with Titanfall 2 and let's just hope that's the new EA.

Apex Spartan likes this

41 minutes ago, Shagger said:

There is still plenty of BS that EA can be held accountable for, but the last couple of years there has been significantly less reasons to get pissed at them. IMO, Activision and Konami have been a hell of allot worse. EA have always had good games in there arsenal, if they didn't we wouldn't get that frustrated with them for their dodgy shit, but I feel like they are listening to gaming community and are balancing profitability with fairness to the consumer allot better than they used to. Look at what they did with Titanfall 2 and let's just hope that's the new EA.

Fully agreed with this.

NBjXzC1.gif

EA is always shit, always

16 hours ago, Nirvana said:

Battlefield 1 EA doesn't do any of that no micro transactions and crashes. 

Yep.........no microtransactions and not greedy at all...

IhTZQ8I.jpg

tZDjL9N.jpg

RqBluxn.jpg
(Images from the PlaySttation Store)

EA will continue to do this, they just don't implement microtransactions day one anymore. While I agree with @Shagger, EA do have "good games in their arsenal", they still don't really listen to the consumer all that much, because money speaks louder than words (shamefully).

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

Look at what they did with Titanfall 2

What, you mean release it between BF1 and CoD IW, which is basically putting out to die? It also got put on sale a few weeks after it released because it didn't sell well.........even then, it dropped between 30% & 60%, yet still didn't manage to shift as many copies as projected. So unless you wanted Titanfall 2 to fail, EA didn't do a damn thing that can be considered "good". The only ones you can praise for Titanfall 2, is Respawn Entertainment, as they are the ones who made the game, they are the ones to decide on the free content, they are the ones who listen to their community.......not EA. Just be thankful EA doesn't have full control of the Titanfall IP.

2 hours ago, BleedingChaos23 said:

Yep.........no microtransactions and not greedy at all...

IhTZQ8I.jpg

tZDjL9N.jpg

RqBluxn.jpg
(Images from the PlaySttation Store)

EA will continue to do this, they just don't implement microtransactions day one anymore. While I agree with @Shagger, EA do have "good games in their arsenal", they still don't really listen to the consumer all that much, because money speaks louder than words (shamefully).

What, you mean release it between BF1 and CoD IW, which is basically putting out to die? It also got put on sale a few weeks after it released because it didn't sell well.........even then, it dropped between 30% & 60%, yet still didn't manage to shift as many copies as projected. So unless you wanted Titanfall 2 to fail, EA didn't do a damn thing that can be considered "good". The only ones you can praise for Titanfall 2, is Respawn Entertainment, as they are the ones who made the game, they are the ones to decide on the free content, they are the ones who listen to their community.......not EA. Just be thankful EA doesn't have full control of the Titanfall IP.

Yeah..... Pretty much everything he said, also let's not forget that despite the fact that they may have "calmed down" on the microtransaction crap in thier "core" AAA games (which is debatable), the are still just as bad as ever if not worse in their sports franchise's like FIFA:

A1163-2.jpg

People in gaming communities like this one along with most of the respectable YouTubers don't tend to talk about these games that much and they know it.  Also for allot of players who are fans of the sport this is pretty much the only game they play making them that little bit more appealing just for a chance to get Messi on their "Ultimate Team".  What a fucking load for a game that's barly changed in over a decade.

Nirvana and like this

I can't recall any examples but I'm pretty sure EventStatus said 'EA AND THEIR BULLSHIT' a couple dozen times during this year... Though I think he went 'CAPCOM!!!' more.

I think EA is worthless these days since they only give a shit about money, and not their games or people.

On 2016-12-17 at 4:49 PM, Would you Kindly said:

Were they not greedy in other games? I was under the impression they had been.

But why weren't they not greedy with battlefield 1?

9 hours ago, Nirvana said:

But why weren't they not greedy with battlefield 1?

You couldn't buy Battlepacks in Battlefield 1..... at first.  They shoehorned them in a couple of weeks later when all the reviews were already out, pencil dicks!

Nirvana likes this

Oh no, EA has been just as greedy and dickish as ever with their micro transactions, as well as trying their hardest to kill the Titanfall IP.

and Nirvana like this

Just stop buying from them...

2 hours ago, Glaice said:

Just stop buying from them...

I buy from them when I like, but on sales. :P

2 of my more favorite franchises are from EA: BF and Mass Effect

I wouldn't just stop buying from them. Boycotting is stupid IMO. Just because the publisher is shit, doesn't mean you should stop helping the devs or just generally avoid the games. I still like DICE despite some drawbacks because their games were always fun to me and I still like Bioware because I enjoyed all their  games. No way in hell I'll stop playing them because EA publishes them.

When prices drop like till 20-30 euros, then I get it and I always found it worthy. Boycotting is stupid. Sales are there for that, if you are too afraid to buy at full price. Nothing even wrong buying at full price, if you enjoy a game, from any company. It's little DLCs and other bullshit that are the problem, that lots of time come with stupid preorder editions. Oh and preordering.

41 minutes ago, Glaice said:

Fuck preordering.

Never saw much of a problem with it.

15 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Never saw much of a problem with it.

I never saw the need for pre-order a game as well...  specially in the age of digital distribution. Paying some $ in advance just for some virtual guns and cars?? <_<

4 hours ago, FakeAvus said:

I never saw the need for pre-order a game as well...  specially in the age of digital distribution. Paying some $ in advance just for some virtual guns and cars?? <_<

I still pre-order console games on disc when I it's something I'm definitely going to play.  Yes it's a risk to pre-order or buy day one rather than wait but when compared to aforementioned bullshit like microtransactions and RNG lootcrate crap.  Is someone getting afew extra kibbles and bits for buying early really that big a problem?  I say no!

Because making quality games can make them more money

it's enough for me what EA (AND THEIR BULLSHIT - Event Status - ) did with Titanfall 2. Screw them.

On 12/26/2016 at 2:27 PM, Crazycrab said:

I still pre-order console games on disc when I it's something I'm definitely going to play.  Yes it's a risk to pre-order or buy day one rather than wait but when compared to aforementioned bullshit like microtransactions and RNG lootcrate crap.  Is someone getting afew extra kibbles and bits for buying early really that big a problem?  I say no!

So ur saying you would preorder a game in return for some emojis and skins for $120?

On 1/24/2017 at 8:56 PM, Nirvana said:

So ur saying you would preorder a game in return for some emojis and skins for $120?

giphy.gif

Ok, did you actually read my post...... Like at all?  I want you to read it out load to yourself and tell at which point in your deluded perception I stated or implied I would do something like that.

On 12/26/2016 at 10:27 PM, Crazycrab said:

I still pre-order console games on disc when I it's something I'm definitely going to play.going to play.  Yes it's a risk to pre-order or buy day one rather than wait but when compared to aforementioned bullshit like microtransactions and RNG lootcrate crap.  Is someone getting afew extra kibbles and bits for buying early really that big a problem?  I say no!

Now I WOULD consider spending that kind of money on something like a Collector's Edition with some cool models and shit but that's something real that I can have on display or use.  You might I was a little harsh but I find the fact that you think I would spend double the money for some digital crap just because I'm not against pre-ordering pretty fucking insulting.

Hardline happened. 

No seriously, Battlefield 4 took an entire to be playable, Hardline got torn to shreds by critics and players alike, so someone high up must have thought "Maybe.... if we make a finished game and sell it?". And then Battlefield 1 happened.

And that's where babies come from.

Apex Spartan likes this