• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron Lannister

Death Note Hollywood Live Action 2017

23 posts in this topic

The casting choices for this live action remake of Death Note is making me sick...
I don't mean to be rude or anything but L as a black guy? REALLY?

Ugh hollywood why... ZACK EFRON WOULD OF BEEN A BETTER L and or Light!

and yes it seems like they're really serious about making this film. They even have the budget posted *Sigh* i'm done.

Death Note director says live-action film will be full of nudity, swearing and violence

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/16/12941782/death-note-adam-wingard-netflix

After reading that I have no doubt this movie is going to be garbage, Death Note didn't have much Violence nor do I remember much Nudity... and Swearing really? WHO CARES ABOUT SWEARING. Oh but of course the director has only directed shitty horror movies in the past great.

*facepalm/bashingmyheadonmykb*

LJKndsdaoiufhasjkedgnbklaudjhfgbkljhad'pifkdashnlkj.asdnfi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note_(2017_film)+

hqdefault.jpg

fan-day-song-vi-death-note-phien-ban-my-

e4d55b7c799b26a476c4c3df59e8651314656508

Crazycrab likes this

So we get a live action adaptation of Death Note........oh wait........  IT ALREADY EXISTS!

220px-Death_Note_%28film%29_poster.jpeg

It's actually good as well.

If this new one is putting all the focus on the "shock" value on some swearing and a couple of boobie shots then I'm surprised they didn't the destruction all the way and just plagerise the story and give a different name like they did with this shit!

220px-HungerGamesPoster.jpg

Hollywood,  would you please just leave good Japanese art the fuck alone!

and Mexiguy like this

22 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

So we get a live action adaptation of Death Note........oh wait........  IT ALREADY EXISTS!

220px-Death_Note_%28film%29_poster.jpeg

It's actually good as well.

If this new one is putting all the focus on the "shock" value on some swearing and a couple of boobie shots then I'm surprised they didn't the destruction all the way and just plagerise the story and give a different name like they did with this shit!

220px-HungerGamesPoster.jpg

Hollywood,  would you please just leave good Japanese art the fuck alone!

I thought we've gotten over this .The Hunger Games isn't a ripoff of Battle Royale at all.

You probably thinks that Harry Potter rips -off Books Of  Magic  too.

1 hour ago, Societalmoutbreather said:

I thought we've gotten over this .The Hunger Games isn't a ripoff of Battle Royale at all.

Ahhhh..... Yes it is!  No question or shadow of doubt about it. If you want to explain it send me a PM so this doesn't go of topic because I could literally go pages about the amount of plagerisms in it.

You probably thinks that Harry Potter rips -off Books Of  Magic  too.

Unless someone owns the intellectual property of "Magic" that is such a terrible example!  Bicentennial Man ripping off The Terminator would have made your point better..... it'd still be wrong but made more sense than that!

EDIT:  I've looked into the actors that they have picked for these roles and it looks horribly miss cast.  It like they are literally for a late 90's slasher flick!

I give some Hollywood like The Grudge and the Ring at least a little credit for sticking with the original concept without stamping "90210" all over the fucking place!

Well, I have yet to see a good live action adaptation of manga/anime.

This one weill be garbage as well, I have not doubt.

2 hours ago, zawisz said:

The Japanese live action adaptations of Death Note and Battle Royal are really good, I agree that I've never seen anything good from Hollywood.

Ahhhh..... Yes it is!  No question or shadow of doubt about it. If you want to explain it send me a PM so this doesn't go of topic because I could literally go pages about the amount of plagerisms in it.

I would prefer if you explain it in a public( you could open a new thread on this).Frankly, as someone who have read both works, I'm puzzled why someone would believe this myth.

Unless someone owns the intellectual property of "Magic" that is such a terrible example!  Bicentennial Man ripping off The Terminator would have made your point better..... it'd still be wrong but made more sense than that!

Have you don a google image search on Book Of Magic Or it's main character (Tim Hunter ) or some of its story and plot  ?You'll understand why the comparison is far more apt than Bicentennial Man and Terminator (which is plain ridiculous).

This isn't the first time I had this rodeo.I remember  a guy that thinks Ender's Game (which would make a great anime/manga) was a rip-off of some manga(he even name drops Evangelion to prove his point.)

The Japanese live action adaptations of Death Note and Battle Royal are really good, I agree that I've never seen anything good from Hollywood.

Agree on Battle Royale,completely disagree on Death Note.

BTW , Have you seen the Hollywood adaptation of "All You Need Is Kill" ? It is in my opinion the best adaption of its kind yet.

3 hours ago, zawisz said:

Have you seen the Hollywood live action  adaptation of "All You Need Is Kill" ?It's the best one to date.

Now I hope Hollywood could do the same treatment to Attack On Titan, Full  Metal Alchemist or Cowboy Bebop.

Aaron Lannister likes this

@Crazycrab Hunger Games isn't a rip off of Battle Royale, but it is loosely inspired by it. Just read through THIS LINK and you'll see the difference between the two.

1 hour ago, BleedingChaos23 said:

@Crazycrab Hunger Games isn't a rip off of Battle Royale, but it is loosely inspired by it. Just read through THIS LINK and you'll see the difference between the two.

"Inspired"  suggest that  Suzanne Collins  was aware of Battle Royale's (which she claim she didn't)  existence in the first place.I suspect that the superficial similarity is just coincidence that comes from writing a very similar story.

2 hours ago, BleedingChaos23 said:

I don't need a link and I'm aware of her denials.  I'm also aware if what few differences there are, in short ALL of them are for the worse. The issue of plagerism was brought up when The Hunger Games was first published and Suzanne Collins denied that she had any knowledge of Battle Royale.  Even if you believe that (which I don't) the screenplay doesn't have that excuse.  There are scenes that are literally line by line identical in the Hunger Games, it is complete bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Societalmoutbreather said:

"Inspired"  suggest that  Suzanne Collins  was aware of Battle Royale's (which she claim she didn't)  existence in the first place.I suspect that the superficial similarity is just coincidence that comes from writing a very similar story.

Precisely, she "claims" she never heard of it. However, the timing of the releases of the books and the movies in both sides as well as the very specific similarities between the two is, at the very least, weakly explained buy Suzanne Collins. I'm not taking either side of the fence, rip off or not,  there's not a great deal of point debating it now. What I will say, at least for the movies, The Hunger Games and Battle Royal are two takes on a similar idea, with The Hunger Games doing said concept terribly. Rip off or not, the film is God awful either way.

Back to the topic, and I suggest you all do the same.

Yeah, this Death Note movie is already beyond hope. A sure hit at the Razzies.

Crazycrab likes this

Back to the topic, and I suggest you all do the same.

Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in the original topic and I don't wan't derail (pity about that) this thread further despite how much I want to reply to the main body of your post.

So unless there's a thread on this, I bid my adieu.

38 minutes ago, Societalmoutbreather said:

Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in the original topic and I don't wan't derail (pity about that) this thread further despite how much I want to reply to the main body of your post.

So unless there's a thread on this, I bid my adieu.

You're more than welcome to open a thread on it if you want.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

You're more than welcome to open a thread on it if you want.

Sorry, I don't  feel strongly enough to open a thread on it.Though, I probably would participate  in the conversation if I see one.

18 hours ago, Societalmoutbreather said:

Have you seen the Hollywood live action  adaptation of "All You Need Is Kill" ?It's the best one to date.

Now I hope Hollywood could do the same treatment to Attack On Titan, Full  Metal Alchemist or Cowboy Bebop.

I completely forgot about the Edge of tomorrow. It was good.

The same goes for Battle Royale.

These were so good that I forgot they originated from mangas ;)

1 hour ago, zawisz said:

Actually they are novels (that later got adapted into manga and eventually movies)

zawisz likes this

3 hours ago, Mexiguy said:

Actually they are novels (that later got adapted into manga and eventually movies)

Light novels to be exact.A form of literature that doesn't really exist in current  Western(English language that is) literature nor is is famous enough to be widely translated like manga and anime .

On 12/21/2016 at 5:06 AM, BleedingChaos23 said:

i agree Hunger Games is not a rip off of battle royale the differences are quite a lot.

However back on track the writer of Death Note Hollywood version doesn't seem to understand Death Note and the casting choices are atrocious.

He wants to make Death Note into some stupid gritty version with a lot of violence and edgy sex.

On 12/21/2016 at 10:25 PM, zawisz said:

yeah EDGE OF TOMORROW was an excellent movie. By far one of the most underrated hollywood movie in 2014 .

2 hours ago, Aaron Lannister said:

He wants to make Death Note into some stupid gritty version with a lot of violence and edgy sex.

WTF?????

Please don't tell me you're serious?

That's got to be some of the dumbest direction to take.I mean, Death Note  should be dark and edgy, but but what you wrote was just plain crass and classless.

On 12/23/2016 at 7:02 AM, Societalmoutbreather said:
On 12/23/2016 at 7:02 AM, Societalmoutbreather said:

WTF?????

Please don't tell me you're serious?

That's got to be some of the dumbest direction to take.I mean, Death Note  should be dark and edgy, but but what you wrote was just plain crass and classless.

Sadly This is the case the director said so here

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/16/12941782/death-note-adam-wingard-netflix

and Yeah it's dumb, I think this director has no idea what he's doing.