• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Weird issue with PC/Windows

4 posts in this topic

So something extremely fucked up and weird happened. I've been gaming on PCs for 20 years and more and this is the first time something like this fucked up my computer.

So I started up STALKER Call of Pripyat with a mod and game worked fine. I turned it off and went to settings and put the Dynamic Lighting to DX11 Maximum and then - BAM!

Monitor started to go insane, like the main menu was just completely everywhere, flicering, going up, down, left, right and it looked like something from movies when screens just go half static and everything just wiggles. And that's it. PC then restarted and when it was about to boot to Windows 10 again, it couldn't. It loads and then blank screen.

I reinstalled full clean copy and same shit happens.

1. When I installed it, it booted in nicely and after 10 minutes just restarted and since then same issue.

Here are the pics

Here it loads

135088167b8b4032ac2bc96fe17d202d.png

And then the logo and the circle under dissapears to this blank screen

a7ec526a49d0452e804d50d3e5ebcd61.png

As you can see, the screen is still lit, the PC and all is on, but it doesn't login to Windows. I can boot and start SAFE MODE without any issues. I went there to see if it was my HDD, but all scans I did and Event Viewer said my HDD is healthy.

2 Warnings most common and Critical errors I found in Event Viewer were:

1) AMD Northbridge

2) Kernel-Power (Level: Critical)

I googled both of these and the most common connection was power failure, either PC not getting enough power and bla bla. I thought maybe it had something to do with CPU, which is also a probability, but the symptoms that I'm having don't seem to be a faulty CPU. CPUs failing chances are really low, there is always a bigger chance it's the motherboard, because motherboard will always usually fail to protect the CPU.

My main culprits are:

1) MOBO

2) CPU

3)PSU

In this order, but I can't pinpoint what exactly.

I had no issues with the PC at all previously until I started up that fucking game and changed ONE setting and just clicked APPLY, didn't even get to play the game and since then, I can't boot into Win10 even after clean install. Tomorrow I'll put on Windows 7 as last resort and check to see if I can test if my PSU or CPU are faulty, but I don't know how honestly.

PC works fine in Safe mode and it boots up fine, but gets stuck in that blank or sometimes light blue screen when you have "Signing in" in WIndows 10. The signing in dissapears and then just light blue screen stays there for long until I restart or the the blank one like I posted above.

Any ideas?

I'm not an expert or anything but it sounds like your burned up memory on your graphics card. Which is why you can run in safe mode. It's not accessing that address but when your not its getting the full shabang. Try setting in your os the drivers to the standard svga driver. That should give you a good idea. There might be a diagnostic tool for graphics card too might also want to see if that exists 

2 hours ago, Seirex said:

I'm not an expert or anything but it sounds like your burned up memory on your graphics card. Which is why you can run in safe mode. It's not accessing that address but when your not its getting the full shabang. Try setting in your os the drivers to the standard svga driver. That should give you a good idea. There might be a diagnostic tool for graphics card too might also want to see if that exists 

It's been a while since the issue and yeah, it's the GPU. Waiting to get a new one.

Sorry to hear that, look on the bright side...New Gphx Card!