• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Nalessa

Can Joe please edit or redo one of his older reviews?

7 posts in this topic

I feel like one of the big problems that ESO right now has with getting new players is Joe's old review.

At the time, the review was good, but it just doesn't hold up anymore.

The game has changed alot, and mostly for the better, it's actually a really good mmo, better then WoW even in some aspects.

But alot of people seem to search for a review, find his old one, and decide the game isn't good based on it.

Is there any chance either Joe (or someone) edits the review, or he deletes it and uploads a new review of it maybe?

The game deserved all the flak at launch, but they have listened to the complaints and fixed a lot of them and one big help would be an update on an outdated review.

Apex Spartan likes this

People should know that major online games get changed a lot over time. Hell, even in the review Joe says that it will probably get changed, so at that point all the viewers have to do is look at the date of the review and put two-and-two together.

Reviews have become pretty useless in the last few years, partly because of how much games tend to change. If he had to redo reviews for every game that gets major changes or improvements or free content updates he would likely end up redoing half or more of the games he reviews. Just off the top of my head of things he would need to review again from his more recent stuff would be any MMOs (and frequently), XCOM 2, Overwatch, Evolve, Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, Rocket League, Pillars of Eternity, he talked about Final Fantasy 15 and that's going to be changed. Some of these games have had major changes some have so many drastic changes or new features or content that they are nothing like when they launched. In most cases it's better to just look at reviews as a source of entertainment or to check to see if a product works at launch because, unless it is something someone decides to do because it's a game they keep playing apart from their work, very rarely is a website or Youtuber going to take a look at a game so long after release.

On 12/24/2016 at 0:38 AM, Nalessa said:

I feel like one of the big problems that ESO right now has with getting new players is Joe's old review.

At the time, the review was good, but it just doesn't hold up anymore.

The game has changed alot, and mostly for the better, it's actually a really good mmo, better then WoW even in some aspects.

But alot of people seem to search for a review, find his old one, and decide the game isn't good based on it.

Is there any chance either Joe (or someone) edits the review, or he deletes it and uploads a new review of it maybe?

The game deserved all the flak at launch, but they have listened to the complaints and fixed a lot of them and one big help would be an update on an outdated review.

I totally agree with this. The game is nothing like the launch, but there are MANY updated reviews out there for ESO, but Joe just can't make it.

He barely has any time for new highly expected games, so I doubt he can really spend time to re-review ESO or any older title.

Seirex likes this

Oh it doesn't have to be a full costume review and stuff, hell, even a v-log would be cool with some updates on the points he made in his old review and then put a link at the start of his old review on the video that links to that.

He does it every so often...like once in a great while...like it's possible. He's gone back to take a look and did extensive Let's Plays and a V-Log for DC:U and I think he tried SWTOR at one point. But he was enticed to go back and look at them I believe, DC:U was some kind of promotion. He may go back to give ESO a relook, but it's a very slim chance unless he hears about something truly groundbreaking.

I find it hard to believe that one youtubers video is reason for a online games low pop. If he had the time to crank out a game updates video for the past couple of games it would be interesting to see. He might get blasted with complaints though. 

"Relook at the last 10 reviewed Games"