• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2017)

221 posts in this topic

New thread for 2017.

Let other AJSA members know what games you have finished this year. Post a few words about what you thought of the game, a longer review, a video review or footage, screenshots, etc. Feel free to discuss the games we've beaten or to talk to others about them. For a game to be considered beaten either finish the single player portion of the game or, for games without campaigns (MMOs, sports games, multiplayer only games, etc), play to a point where you have seen what the game has to offer. Not going to be counting DLCs as individual games (as that could get confusing) but feel free to post your thoughts on them as that is also the point of the thread. If it is an expansion that was sold separately or stand alone content like Shogun 2's Fall of the Samurai I will count that. Episodic games will count as one game, not a game per episode, but feel free to mention each one if you want to discuss each episode individually.

If you want to see what people thought of a certain game or see how many people have played it you can use the search function near the top right of the page and type in the game's title, just switch the search option to be for this topic.

I'll keep track of how many games we each have finished to see who has been playing the most and what our combined total is for the year.

Total Games Completed: 371

Games Completed By Member

Kaz32: 138

Legolas_Katarn: 128

Madfinnishgamer38: 34

Mr_E_Meatshield: 17

MadDemon64: 18

WITHASTICK: 13

RogueKnightKisuke93: 10

argetlam350: 5

Alexander452: 2

BungeeBong: 2

DestinyDecade: 1

Scohui: 1

Shagger: 1

Glaice: 1

Old Threads

Late 2015 (Completed 225)

2016 (Completed 626)

Aw yeah. 2017 has come! And that means more games to complete. And what better game to start the new year than

1) Road Redemption

Platform: PC

AKA: the Road Rash return. Really fun game that's a reminiscence of Road Rash from PS1. 

This game has you doing a bunch of missions, ranging from winning a race, killing a required number of enemies and just reach the finish line before the time runs out. The further you get, the harder the enemies are, and crazy shits happens, like tornado of cars and assholes that lay out explosives to hinder your path. But not to worry, once you completed a stage, you can purchase upgrades that makes your future easier. 

I don't get why this game is still in early access. Maybe because there's no story mode? Nevertheless, it's a really fun game.

Game: Wolfenstein: The old Blood

Time: 7 hours

love it, it is basically more of what we got in The new order, but with it's own elements implemented, the biggest being zombies and a double barreled shotgun.

Although i think the game relies more on stealth than the previous game, not that i have anything against stealth games. 

Game: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Time: 7 hours (100%)

Really enjoyed playing it and it felt great to boot. I know for sure there are many more games for me to beat. It isn't like Half-Genie Hero but the pirate gear more than makes up for it.

2) EA sports UFC

Platform: PS4

I bought this game for $12 because of Rousey vs Nunes. That match end badly for Rousey but thankfully this game is awesome.

You guys probably know the UFC games made by THQ. But you may not know of another MMA game made by EA called EA Sports MMA.

Look at that. Bobby Lashley. Black Lesnar, and a MUCH better fighter than Brock. With 15 wins and only 2 losses in MMA record. He should be in UFC.

This EA UFC is basically the THQ UFC but with much the more fluid movement and not as stiff as fuck EA MMA. So it plays like the THQ UFC, but the way punches and kicks hit is like EA MMA. That means a much much MUCH fairer game where there's no bullshit sudden KO out of nowhere in the first 10 seconds of the match which I fucking hate about those THQ games.

Played the crap out of career mode. 39 wins and 0 losses, but that's not saying the game is easy. I'm playing on normal and 10 times I was SO close to losing, but I ended up winning by doing desperate submissions or waiting for the timer to run out. 

After that, I proceed to just be suicidal and play the career mode on Pro difficulty, the hardest difficulty in the game because I want to unlock Bruce Lee. It pisses me off that EA actually has the balls to have Bruce Lee unlockable right from the start by paying extra money when you can just unlock him by beating the game on hard difficulty. Fucking dogshit practice, but unlike most DLC that's already in the disk issue, this one at least give you a way to unlock the character without paying.

Still, BULLSHIT!

3) Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi

Ah yes, Sengoku Basara. Capcom's answer to Samurai Warriors, which is so much better and with more personality and epicness than that Koei game ever will have. Which unfortunately has a first game that got destroyed by the english version.....

KEEP THE CHARACTERS TRUE TO THEIR ORIGIN YOU DUMB LOCALIZATION TEAM! Don't call historical Japanese characters with stupid ass names! ARRGHHHH!!

Ahem, sorry. One of the proof that Capcom can still make awesome games. Unfortunately this is only available in japan. Good thing I have a singapore PSN account so I can buy this game, but WHY? The third game has an english version, why not this? This game is fucking amazing!!

It's basically the game that just combines everything that is awesome from the past 3 games and mix them into one tasty2 combo. The gameplay of Sengoku Basara 3 is used here, but with added bonus of being able to switch between you and your selected partner at any time, and "roulette", which basically is when the game give you random benefit, like transforming into another character or give you enemies that drop a lot of gold. It makes the game oh so much more chaotic and brilliantly fun. You can even play as Naoe Kanetsugu, aka that guy in Basara 3 that is pathetically weak.

and he's op as hell here. Everything he touches die in 1 hit, but at the same time since he's so pathetically weak, he'll die in 1 hit too.

Almost every past characters return and new ones has been added. Which give this game 40 playable characters to play as and they all control differently and uniquely from each other. HOLY SHIT that's a lot.

One of the new character is Ashikaga Yoshiteru, and by God he is badass. He is Gilgamesh with Shirou's Unlimited Blade Works + archery skills and Dio Brando's The World ability. Yes, imagine this

with this

And you get yourself one OP motha fucka.

Get this game if you can. It's fucking awesome.

Completed: What's Under Your Blanket!?

Masturbate without being caught to train for your arm wrestling competitions (I guess) by quickly clicking the mouse over your character in bed and during arm wrestling and stop in time to avoid being caught. Both amusing and painful.

Alright, first game of the new year.

Game: Rochard

Play Time: 5.1 hrs

A decently fun 2.5D puzzle/action platformer. Visuals were pleasant to look at and the soundtrack was pretty good. Gameplay was enjoyable enough, if with some downfalls. For one thing, the combat could've been improved in some areas, especially since cover is next to non-existent and the Rock Blaster is next to impossible to aim accurately. Some of the more hectic battle sequences could've been less frustrating as well. The puzzles were fun, though. Endgame felt a bit stretched out, but fortunately enough, it managed to salvage itself slightly with the G-Lifter upgrade that lets you grab enemies. Shame you don't get to play around with it for more than one level.

Rating: 3/5 stars

The Last Guardian - PS4

About 11 or so hours. (Over 8 hours, but not over 15)

Youtube Playlist: 

Definitely don't see how this could've been done on the PS3. If it were, it really wouldn't have looked this good. There are parts that the frames dropped on the PS4, but it's not a big deal.

The puzzles in the game were pretty easy to figure out, with enough time to look at your surroundings. The thing is that you'll have to have enough patience to get Trico to do what you want to in order to solve them. There was only one thing at the end that I took a real long time to do because I didn't exactly know what to do, but I eventually figured it out. It was one of those "Wait, I can do that?" moments, because I didn't think that the kid can grab on to something. There are also stuff that I didn't find out how to do, like climbing on to statues, which seems to be trophy related. Good thing it wasn't necessary to finish the game though.

As far as the story goes, I still had a lot of questions by the end of it. But if the developer set out to tug at heartstrings, they accomplished that mission when it comes to me. But I'm also an animal lover, so that's probably why. Despite some aggravation of Trico not following commands, I did develop a bond with her. It made the last part of the game pretty difficult to watch, and a bit heart wrenching.

I can't overlook the plot holes, which is why I have the questions at the end of it. Some of the cutscenes explained how the boy got to where he is, but it just raised more questions for me. Specially when I got to the final sequences of the game. I wasn't able to get all the barrels, and that makes me wonder if I would've gotten an extra cutscene if I did.

All in all, it was a good game, and far from perfect.

Game: Global Operations 

Time: too long 

Global Operations is what you get if the people at EA decided that they wanted a copy of CS 1.6 and this is what they came up with.

Concept wise not bad, somewhat interesting game modes although being unfai balanced.

Graphics are allright and does the job

The AI is mindnumbingly retarded making it not only a fight against the other team, but against your own team.

Game: Toby: The Secret Mine

Play Time: 3.1 hrs

Now funnily enough, I actually had no intention of beating this game since I was only recording gameplay footage of my second "playthrough" for a video, but by some odd turn of events, I did actually beat it. Eh.

Anyway, what can I say about this game? Well, it's a 2D indie platformer with a visual style similar to that of Limbo or Feist. Not so much the gameplay, which is plagued with the worst design choices imaginable. It's trial-and-error out the fucking wazoo - puzzles to which there's not the slightest hint as to how to do them, switches and other shit hidden behind walls (more often than not for puzzles MANDATORY in order to progress), more switches you're actually not supposed to flip and yet the game doesn't tell you which one it is until you die to something activated by it later on... I could go on for ages about the bullshit this game makes you put up with. Music's decent at the very least.

Rating: 2/5 stars

Completed: Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun will play in a very similar way to people who have played the Commandos series or Desperados Wanted Dead or Alive. It's a top down stealth based game that allows you to control five different characters, each with different passive and active abilities. Each of the 13 missions will have you controlling anywhere from 2-5 of the game's characters allowing them the ability to design missions around certain characters strengths or allowing each to contribute in different sections. Every mission has nine activities you can complete to earn a badge and three different difficulty settings, these don't unlock any new gameplay features but can give you a reason to try out certain missions with different playstyles or cause you to limit yourself to make the game more challenging. The game has good production values with some nice looking maps, good voice acting, a good soundtrack, and I only ran into a bug twice (one that caused a patrol to get stuck and one that prevented a badge from unlocking). There is more of a story to the game than Commandos offers, more like Desperados with the characters having more personality. The character personalities are shown more in the actual gameplay as well with them having different lines of dialogue based on the situation, time of day, or weather. One of the only negatives is that three of the characters have the same passive skills, one just has less passive skills, each has their primary weapon as an ability, and all of them share two of their five abilities (a gun with limited ammo and a healing item). Though each character only has three unique abilities they might have more options available, four of the characters can change their melee attack to be nonlethal, two abilities allow you to have new actions once used, and a grenade weapon one character uses can be switched between explosive or a non lethal gas. One of my favorite games of 2016 and one fans of the games it is based on or fans of stealth games should play.

Completed: HoPiKo

HoPiKo is a platformer that has you controlling a digital being that needs to stop a virus preventing a gaming console from working. You point your character in the way that you want them to jump, or press a button to have them quickly jump straight up, with the goal of landing on different platforms until you can jump into and destroy the stage's virus. Things start of easy but become more difficult as platforms kill you if you stay on them to long, moving enemies and obstacles appear, platforms that you land on break and start rotating, lasers block paths, etc. Some of these give you a nice little puzzle where you might want to hit a certain side of a breakable platform to move a certain way or to rotate it, possible rotating it in a way to block a laser from hitting you while you make your next jump. There are multiple "world" to play through with each having different styles to them, each world has a list of stages with each stage consisting of five maps that you need to complete in one run. You can unlock additional tracks or a bonus stage in each world that might change up the gameplay. Stage colors and platform designs are used well to be both visually interesting and to quickly let you know and react to what is going on.

4) FFXV MO FO

FINALLY. I have completed the game that made me bought a PS4! Besides the pre-Christmas discount and Uncharted 4. Love this game, for the most part.

There's a couple of things that I got out of this game:

1) Leviathan is pretty much the biggest cunt of this game. The game starts to take a dark turn all because of her. Just because Luna woke her up from her long sleep. What a complete bitch.

2) Why is Luna hyped up to be Noctis' wife and girlfriend again? She's more like his older sister! Iris is a much better fit for Noctis!

3) Ardyn is awesome. Funny and has so much swag.

4) I WANT TO LIVE IN THIS GAME'S COUNTRY. The sceneries are so pretty!

5) Chapter 13 should have less running around and more exposition to explain what the hell happened. There's one part in that chapter that has this monster who suddenly speak like he's supposed to be a major villain. I got confused so I checked who the hell this monster is supposed to be, and turns out he's a major villain that's been transformed offscreen. But the last time we saw this villain is in chapter 3 and he's never seen again. So where has he been this whole time? 

6) Chapter 14 should have been open world where you recruit other characters to fight for you. Why is it just a straightforward go to point b, suit up and the final battle begins? There's so much more potential for this chapter to be so much more epic!

7) This game's plot is pretty similar to Final Fantasy 6, mixed in with FF7. Anyone who plays the game will see resemblance of those and this game.

8) Expericast is the best spell. DO NOT sell rare coins. Use them to craft spells to use in battle. Do this right, and in one battle against a level 38 enemy or more, you will get 300,000 - 500,000 XP. And once you collect that much and more from multiple battles with using Expericast all over the place, go to Galdin Quay to gain double XP, or Altissia which gives you TRIPLE XP! Yes this is exploitative as hell, but once you get those xps, you'll be like "HELL FUCKING YES MOTHER FUCKER!"

People said this game is unfinished, and I have to agree with that. It's especially true for chapter 13 and 14 because these chapters can be so much more, but it ended up being left unexplained and unexplored. I heard the game's going to be patched later to add in explanations for chapter 13 so that's good, but 14 could have been so much better than what it is. And I heard that there's going to be a season pass which has epilogue chapters for your 3 companions which will explain stuff that's unexplained about them during the game. Which is fucking bullshit, but oh well, Square wants those $$$.

Completed: Odallus: The Dark Call

Indiegogo funded action platformer. Metroidvania elements with upgrades and better equipment to find and equipment and abilities needed to access certain areas. You can get a dash, double jump, ability to fall slowly, better swords, and better armor that can allow you to use some magic abilities. Axes, spears, and torches act as secondary weapons. Some great art, good gameplay, references to other action platforms during gameplay like Mega Man X and Donkey Kong and some strange ones in the dialogue and story scenes like Highlander and Blade Runner and a boss fight that was similar to something from R-Type.

Completed: Burly Men at Sea

Burly Men at Sea is a folktale about three large bearded fishermen, named Hasty, Steady, and Brave, that has recently been released on Steam after appearing on iOS and Android. The brothers set out looking for adventure after finding a map and your choices and direction will decide how the story plays out. While it can control like a point and click adventure there is no inventory, no puzzles, and no fail state, just the continuing story that you tell. The game will start and end with the same event but you are able to run into two different events in between them, and each one allows you to play things out in different ways. Even when repeating the same situation on a new journey the brothers might end up doing something else, possibly changing the outcome or situation in events you thought you had already fully explored. Repetition is avoided both by the possibly of events playing out different and by the brothers remembering their past adventures and commenting on their previous experiences. The game has a simple but very fitting and charming art style and the sound effects are made entertaining because they are all done by human voices.

5) Shantae: Half Genie Hero

Completed this game 100%. Great game. It stars this half human half genie girl Shantae as she protects her town from the evil pirate Risky Boots and other bosses. With her hair, magic and shapeshifting powers, and accompanied by her uncle and friends, it is up to her to kick their fucking asses.

This is actually a sequel to a previous game in the series Pirate's Curse, but at first it looks like this game is a remake/ reboot of the original game boy game. There's even a cheeky npc in the hub city that mentions he doesn't even know if this game is supposed to be a sequel, a remake or a soft reboot. Nice one dev. 

This game reminds me of Odallus in that it's a Castlevania 1 esque game that has several different stages to choose from, but there's secrets and items in them that can't be reached unless you acquire different abilities. And more often than not you have to return to the stages you have beaten to collect items after you have acquired abilities that allows you to get past a hidden room to proceed to the next part of the story. And of course like Odallus, you have to collect even the optional items to get the best ending of the game. A pretty common theme among these games and Metroidvanias.

My favorite thing about this game: the music. MY GOD the MUSIC. Some are remake of the original which has been remixed in every series, and some are new ones. They all have one thing in common: fucking awesome songs. Made by the same everlasting guy that made the Shovel Knight, Double Dragon Neon, Duck Tales Remastered and Mighty Switch Force, all which have FANTASTICULAR SONGS that I can't get out of my head. This guy is a musical genius! And the original Shantae soundtrack for Gameboy is also made by him, so it's really nice to hear the same song evolve from this

To this

To this

And finally, this

FUCK THIS SONG IS AWESOME!!!

PS. Shantae is voiced by Noel Vermillion from Blazblue. And she sang a song too in this game. Nice voice Noel!

6) Gravity Rush Remastered

To prepare myself for Gravity Rush 2, I played the everlasting crap out of the first game. And wow, this was originally a PS Vita game? It fits as a PS3/PS4 game as well. This is the Superman game that Superman deserves, not Superman 64 Goddamn it!

In this game, you have the ability to control gravity, and that means you can pretty much fly, walk through walls, fly some more, and do a kamen rider kick to enemies non stop. Enemies in this game have different weakpoints that requires your gravity skill to find and destroy. It all feels really good. Well not at first because you're pretty weak at the beginning and you can't fly that often. But once you complete different challenges all across the map and earn upgrade crystals to upgrade your skills, you're pretty much unstoppable by that point and can fly whenever you want without worrying about your power gauge. I played the crap out this game that I completed every single missions, optional challenges and collected every single trophy, which makes this the first ever PS4 game which I got a platinum trophy. Wohoo!

Love the world of this game. Some sections reminds me heavily of this one game called El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron because it's so freaking trippy and dream like, especially when you are able to just fly anywhere you want. This game has an interesting story that's purposefully vague to make way for the sequel. I want to find out more about the lore and the main character in Gravity Rush 2 since it's just vaguely hinted at in this game. Bring it on Nevis and vague characters that I have no idea who you are because you'll be important for the sequel, I will kick your asses all day long!

PS. The voice actress for Kat is that creepy ass split personality woman who can chop off limbs from Elfen Lied. Wow. What a different role she's playing here.

PS 2. WTF kind of language is in this game?? It's like something a 5 year old who can't speak French made up that sounds like it's french.

7) Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone

Anyone here knows Vocaloid? Well, this is a rhythm game about a bunch of characters from that, hm, autotune program? That sounds about right. Anyway, it's about them just singing a fuckload of songs. Hatsune Miku, the twin tail green haired girl, is the most popular character of that thing. So much so that she's a digital pop singer, DOING A LIVE CONCERT.

Japan man..... they know how to surprise me every time.

I don't get why this game isn't just called Vocaloid Project DIVA since other characters besides Miku is in this game. 

This game is free to play right now, but the free version only has 2 songs. If you pay full price, you get to play 220+ songs. GOD DAMN. This is actually a port of the arcade game that's in Japan. So over there they play the game using these Playstation buttons and sliders on an arcade machine, while on PS4 the sliders are replaced with R1 and L1, or the analogue sticks. Gameplay of this game is like an extreme DDR where you have to press every single button on your controller when the prompt appears on screen. And analog sticks. It's a pretty damn hard game, especially in Extreme difficulty and fast as hell songs in the game. My God shit gets fucking insane.

Just to give an example, this one is the first song you play in the beginning of the game. Catchy song and it's pretty fair.

Oh yeah, feel the cringe of the autotunes!!

But later songs? Like THIS?? Forget about it.

Yes, you have to press all of those buttons as fast as you can. Your controller will most definitely shit itself when you're done. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THIS SHIT?? You have to be a monster or a super computer to do this!

Ohoho, wow, this guy actually did it in the arcade.

My hats off to this guy.

Oh, and this game also has the cat song. You know the one.

Fuck. This. SONG!!!

PS...... now I can't get that cat song out of my head. GAHHHH!!

8) Infamous Second Son

The sequel to Infamous 2's good ending. Which is confusing because I'm pretty sure the event of this game will be almost impossible after what was done in that game. Buut at the same time this new game is awesome so I guess I can let that slide.

You don't play as Cole this time, but a new hero/ anti hero played by Troy Baker named Delsin Rowe who is also a graffiti artist. His power is not just smoke like what's in the game advert, oh no, he has the power to copy other people's conduit power. So every conduit that he touches will transfer their powers to him, but of course for the sake of not having a game that has too much superpowers to use, you're limited to only having 4 abilities, which are still cool. My favorite is the one that allows him to summon angels and demons. That is the best shit in this game.

As for how the game plays, well, it's like the previous Infamous games of the past. You can decide if you want to be a dick and cause as many chaos as you can, or be a hero and help as many people as you can. Side missions in this game include spraying graffiti all over Seattle, collecting ability shards to upgrade your skills, destroying enemy base to get rid of them from the city, finding secret audio logs to learn more about the lore of the game, this "spot the spy" minigame where you have to locate a specific person and then whoop their ass, and "spot the camera" which has you detect a hidden camera by using a camera feed in specific locations and destroy them. A lot of stuff to do and it's all pretty fun to do.

The bummer in this game though is the lack of enemy factions. In the previous games there's 3 factions you can fight each with their own abilities which makes for different challenges. Here? Just 1 military faction called the DUP that has concrete powers. Oh, there's actually 2 small gangs that's spreading drugs and just being racist assholes across the city, but they're just normal thugs with nothing special about them. If they have leaders who are conduits that has their own special powers that you can steal from, that'll make them MUCH better.

Interesting side note, Troy Baker and Travis Willingham play brothers in this game. And another character named Fetch is played by Laura Bailey, and she's married to Travis Willingham, but in this game she's Troy's love interest. Weird choice but hey, these three has been working together A LOT in the past so I guess these things are just normal for them by this point. Last game that has three of them together was Binary Domain and in that game Laura and Travis plays couples, so I guess they have a threesome relationship going on. Which is sweet eh? EH??

Well guess I'll get on this thread for this year:

Game: Final Fantasy 15

Time: A little over 20 hours thus far

Overall I give the game a seven out of ten. Potentially it could of been an eight but to much backstory is left out of the game and placed in other media, like the movie KingsGlaive which depicts the attack on Insominia and the death of king Regis or Brotherhood which depicts Noctis's early life and his first meetings with his three royal guards and friends.

Overall I did enjoy the game extensively especially the gameplay though the magic system seemed to of been just ripped out of the game compared to previous Final Fantasy games. The story I didn't mind, it's nothing terribly new but it works for the game but the second half of the game felt rushed and left some questions which again it could of explained but doesn't fully. For example the main antagonist, we learn he was once himself a king of Lucis but because in his time he went out of his way to help the people of Lucis to be cured from the starscourge, he became a deamon and thus became impure to the celestial and could not join the other kings of Lucis within the crystal. He vowed revenge and that is about all we get to hear. Though apparently the Cosmology books in the game you find lying around talk in greater depth on the antagonists story. The problem with this is that there is no way to catalog these books to read them in order.

So while the gameplay was overall enjoyable and the story for the most part entertaining it suffers from lack of backstory to characters and some plothole issues with a lackluster final fight if you are doing lots of sidequests. End game content could of been better as well besides fighting the turtle the elite dungeons feel more like a chore.

9) Nier

Platform: PS3

Aw geez.. this game. When I played this game 1 year ago, I was halfway through the game and only know what happens in the end game from youtube. But because Nier Automata is coming and I want to know everything about the previous game, I ended up finishing the entire game today. And MAN oh man, this is one fucking depressing ass game.

Got 1 thing to say about this game that's very important. If you are thinking of buying this game to play it, I suggest not. Because you will hate playing through this game. There are cool stuff like sections that changes the game's camera so it becomes a 2D and top down shooter kind of game, and 1 part that's a complete homage to the first Resident Evil game inside a mantion with the same exact layout in some areas, but throughout the entire game, the combat is so simple that it will get boring after an extended amount of time. There's sidequests to do, but these sidequests are the kind of sidequests that mocks your intelligence for even doing them. Some of them are just go from point a to point b, and you don't get any reward for it even though a lot of time is spent on it. Though there are sidequests in the game that has heartbreaking stories that makes you depressed, the annoying ones are just too much.

If you want to know what this game is about, there is this one guy that did a complete analysis of the game which is pretty good. Well only part 1 though for now but part 2 is coming soon.

The story of the game though is top class depressing as hell. The first half of the game is all hunky dory, you do quests and meet companions kind of stuff. But the second half is when EVERYTHING goes down to shit. Every happy thing that happens in the first half? All destroyed in an instant. And it just keeps getting sadder and sadder and sadder like holy shit calm down game! This is the game equivalent to Requiem for a Dream, mixed with Tales of the Abyss and Utawarerumono. You'll see the resemblance if you know those games and film. 

Interesting to note about this game is that there's ending A to D. A is through completing the game once, and B onwards are still the same as ending A, but this time you get to hear what the enemies are saying and have scene expansions which are not in ending A. Which is pretty damn depressing. Especially ending D which erases all of your save files. I know that is going to happen, so jokes on you game because I backed up my save for ending D! HAHAHAHA!

The other thing to note is that this game actually has 2 versions. The japanese PS3 Nier has you playing as young Nier taking care of his sister and being an overprotective "Oniichan", while the XBOX 360 and US PS3 Nier has you playing as an old Nier taking care of his daughter. They both have identical stories though, and it makes for REALLY awkward stuff with this girl companion in the game named Kaine. I think the original version of the game is supposed to be the young Oniichan Nier because him and Kaine are in love with each other. Which makes it REALLY fucking awkward when the Old daddy Nier who looks like a Yakuza in his 50s fall in love with this 17 year old girl. Like.......

The moral of the entire game is actually very simple: don't just assume things and especially don't be racist. Even if you are different races, just talk things out like human beings and come to an agreement, not just assume the other race is evil and started killing each other! Kind of what Metro 2033 and Last Light did actually.

Alright, back to happy fun time!

10) Rise to Honor

Platform: PS2

Hei hei, are you tired of action games nowadays just having simplistic combat that doesn't have martial arts and wish that there is a game that has nice complex combat mechanic and fun boss fights starring kung fu master Jet Li which takes place in Hong Kong?

What's that? Sleeping Dogs? Well close but NO! There is actually one other game, but this one actually stars Jet Li!

Man this game brings me RIGHT back. 2004 was the release of this game and in Indonesia, this game was BIG. Like, "everyone in my school talk about this game all the freaking time" kind of big. Indonesia is a big fan of chinese action martial arts stars, so Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Samo Hung, Chow Yun Fat and Stephen Chow dominates TV with their films. Ah, and also F4......

Fuck. This. Goddamn. SONG!!!!!

Back to the game. Rise to Honor is a pretty unique game because of it's control scheme. You think you attack by using the usual square circle button here? HAH! Nope. You use the right analog stick to do that. To counter enemy attacks, you hold R1 and L1, and when an enemy attacks you, you flick the right stick to the direction of that enemy. There's also shooting sections but this one is what you would expect. Aim using right stick and shoot using R2, with the obligatory L1 to bullet time dodge thrown in. Fighting feels weird at first because you have to flick to the person that you want to hit, but once you get used to it, you'll become the One.

Boss fights are awesome. Because unlike most games nowadays where boss fights are freaking easy with no challenge, this game has plenty of bosses with a lot of different weakpoints. Like one boss can't be attacked normally and has to be thrown like a ragdoll, while another boss can't be attacked unless he finishes his combos. Ah, I miss the days where bosses are actual skilled fighters.

One bossfight of this game is.... really2 silly. You have to fight twins which has the name Fei and Hung, which by itself is funny because it's a jab at real life kung fu master Wong Fei-hung. Oho, but the best part of this boss fight is their stupid as hell death scene. Observe.

Wow. How can you fail at trying pull up someone like that.

Also one thing I notice about this game is the obvious lack of white americans. There's parts of this game that takes place in San Francisco, and there's no white dudes. Only chinese americans and african americans. All of them are apparently kung fu practitioners with wu shu flips everywhere. WTF is up with that? lol

11) Bourne Conspiracy

Platform: PS3

One of the best movie game movies with a hand to hand combat mechanic that I want to see return for other games. This game captures the fights of the Bourne films to game PERFECTLY. 

Funny story about this game. I had this game on Xbox 360 years ago, and then my Xbox died in 2014, so I decided to find this game on PS3. I can't find it anywhere until 2016 when I found this lone game just lying on a display case as the last remaining pre-owned copy in EB Games. So of course I bought the game and replayed it. It's.... not as epic as I remember it. With the constant fps drop to 5 once in a while which ruined the game's action scenes. But the fights and boss fights are still as tough as nails and as awesome as before. 

I want 2 - the latest Bourne films be made into a game. With the combat engine of this game but much improved! But that probably will never happen seeing that High Moon Studios made that Deadpool game and never made another game again for a while now.

Completed: Legend of Grimrock 2

Good variety of puzzles. More open than the first game with more varied areas but easy to get lost and some areas will be more difficult and are meant to be explored later or require clues gathered in other sections. Some enemies have been given more interesting attack patterns that makes exploiting them a bit more difficult but still involves a lot of waiting for them to move and you only really being in danger if surrounded. Has a similar problem to the previous games with not all the skills explained well and some skills, traits, stats, weapons, and even a class just not being useful. The game hates being minimized and will eventually start showing black on the bottom half of the screen until you open and close it a few more times, and will eventually just crash when trying to save if you have been minimizing it.

I haven't posted here in a whiiile but

Game: Serious Sam 3 BFE

When: Sometime this year lol

Game was fun I suppose, after the first 20 minutes the formula won't change much, only the intensity. There were times where I felt completely overwhelmed and thought I was never gonna be able to finish the game, but I guess you can always run and shoot a bit faster and harder.

Was strange that I barely got to use the sniper rifle, and never found the laser gun, and I don't even know if I missed anything else.

Last levels were seriously insane. Last boss fight was too easy, in comparison.

Completed: DOOM

Platform: PlayStation 4

12382_doom-2016-prev.png

I sat on wanting to play this game for awhile seeing as it was released all the way back in May 2016. Had some extra money left on a gift card from Christmas and said "fuck it lets get DOOM and play DOOM!" Here we are. I loved it. Action pack, over the top gore, guns on top of guns, how fast it all was. Seeing how it ends I can't wait to see where this series goes. Nothing else to really add, it's DOOM!

12) Gravity Rush 2

Made a review of this game.

2017 has started and we already got a GOTY contender. I can feel that this year is going to be SWEEEEETTTT!! Up next on that potential contendership, Resident Evil 7. JUST RELEASE THE GAME ALREADY GODDAMN IT! Everyone's pretty much leaked this game to death already! Yakuza 0 is undeniably going to be a contender too, but it was released in japan back in 2015. Ah well, it's still an awesome game.

(michelaneous game that doesn't count as completed because it's just a beta but I want to talk about it) Nioh The Last Trial.

Back when the alpha in April 2016 was released, I don't have a PS4 yet. And judging from what I saw on youtube, that version and this Beta version I'm playing right now are 2 completely different beasts, and the beta is a lot2 better after the complaints that the alpha got. Good for you Team Ninja for making the game better!

Everyone pretty much says that Nioh is Dark Souls in Japan. But after I play this beta, I have to fix that statement:

this is not Dark Souls in Japan. There's a bit of Dark Souls element thrown in like the "once you're dead, you have to get your soul supply back or else you'll lose everything", but overall the gameplay of this game is more like Onimusha Dawn of Dreams + Ninja Gaiden 2 + Bushido Blade with a stamina meter. As soon as I play this game and learn the fighting system, the nostalgic intro of Dawn of Dreams pops into my head.

Awww yeah baby, listen to that Jap as hell Ayumi Hamasaki song!!

Unlike Dark Souls, this game has complex skills that you learn to expand your movesets. At first you're limited to what your weapon and stances give you. But as you level up certain things like strength, dexterity or magic, you'll earn skill points you can use to upgrade your individual weapon skills, ninjutsu skills and magic skills. The most important ability in this game is definitely parrying and the ninjutsu "stab people from behind to deal a lot of damage". These are the most useful skills you have to get if you want to get a good start. You also get cool abilities like combos and guard breakers later, but parry and backstab are more useful.

Also unlike Dark Souls, this game doesn't let you travel from 1 location to the other seamlessly like they are all 1 gigantic area. Instead it uses a mission select system. Which is a pretty good choice as it allows you to repeat a mission and if you want, fight against bosses that are so good that you want to keep on fighting him/her. The things that is lacking in the souls games are always regarding the bosses. They are so damn cool to fight, but if you want to fight them again, you have to either join another player to fight that boss or replay the entire game in new game +. Glad that Nioh won't have that problem!

There's mission 1 which is a regular "kill normal enemies and finally the boss" and the other one which is a straight up boss fight duel against Muneshige Tachibana.

Ohoho sorry, you don't fight this big ass dude with 2 chainsaws. You fight this normal version of him instead.

Wouldn't it be so much better if he has 2 chainsaws though??

This is an outstanding beta. Even though there's only 2 missions, I played the living hell out of those two. 10 times each so far. So much so that I got Munishige's katana, upgrade it to max, and just plough through every single onis that stand in my way. I only die once each time I do a mission after the second time I completed it. Well except the Muneshige boss fight. That guy kicks my ass a lot.

Now that I have played the crap out of the beta, I can safely say that I am reaaaaaaaady for the full game. 2 more weeks to go!

Completed: Outlast

Platform: PC

Time: 7 hours

While waiting for the launch of RE VII, decided to take a chance on Outlast and is a blast. The sense of dread was so enjoyable that I passed it in a single session. On the downside, the AI was sometimes dull but nevertheless is a great game.

Completed: SOMA

PlatformPC

Time: 8 hours

After beating Outlast, I thought that it was the horror game I enjoyed the most playing. Until I played SOMA. The story of Outlast was sort of clichéd in my opinion. SOMA takes a really cool setting and an even cooler psychological plot. One of my favourites of the genre. 

Legolas_Katarn likes this

Game: Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Edition (yes, including the DLC)

Platform: PC

Time: 136 hours

Holy hell was this a long game.  Oh, jeez, what can I say about it that nobody has said before?  Um...uh...It's the most stable Dragon Age game I've ever played?

Yea that's all I got.  It's a great game.  Go play it.

P.S. Kinda disappointed that BioWare is hit and miss when it comes to fun and memorable party members.  Oghren and Shale were my favorites in Dragon Age: Origins but nobody was as memorable as them in 2 or Inquisition.  Varric was a close second but was nowhere near drunk enough and nobody came close to Shale's HK-47-ness.

Game: Stories: Path of Destinies

Time: No clue but probably around 10 hours

I don't have much to say about it. I got it last year in December from the free PS+ games but didn't start playing until a few days ago. You play a roguishly handsome fox called Reynardo as he weaves his way through choices to end a war without himself being killed in the process. Ultimately there are twenty five different endings, only one where Reynardo gets out alive. However before you can get a chance at that ending you need to play at least through the story four other time to gather the four secrets in the story for Reynardo to formulate a plan that has him live. Overall if you are just playing for those five playthroughs it is pretty fun but if you have that trophy hunter itch and want a plat that is fairly easy, you have to go through all twenty five endings, plus a little more to level Reynardo all the way up which can get a bit repetitive in the end. Overall a fun entertaining game to pass the time.

13) Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Review here

I have completed this game 2 times now, first on normal without using steroids and getting the bad ending, and the second time on easy using steroids and getting the good ending. I will play this game tons of times again like I did in previous games of the series, and I don't want to get all the achievements for this game. Because this game is SO DAMN GOOD that I don't want it to end. Yeah sure the horror aspect is completely gone because by the next playthroughs I know all the enemy patterns and where the weapons and ammos are, but I earned that badassery after beating this game. It's time for payback mother fuckers!

You know what, I just realized something. This game can actually be a perfect sequel for Outlast! Just replace the molded with generic insane people, replace the BOWs implications with Walrider, remove the herbs but keep the combat, and there you go. The alternate Outlast 2. Can't wait to play that game in March. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed this time.