• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2017)

221 posts in this topic

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (11 hours according to the game)

Youtube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpN0BrphVX0BMHAMtiQYaFgTc71pmBA3G

Finally got back to this since I started playing it for a stream back when it came out. Definitely one of the Kickstarter projects I'm very happy that I backed. At points in the later streams, I couldn't stop comparing it to Mighty No. 9, specially when this didn't even raise 1 million dollars.

This is also the first Shantae game that I've played from start to finish. I think I started Risky's Revenge on the iPhone, but never finished it. I even finished this with 100% Item collection (99% going by the after credits, but I go back to the thing I missed after that, also during the stream).

The art direction is just beautiful, the deigns of the enemies and transformations are real good. Heck, I keep mentioning how cute some of the transformations were in the first stream, and periodically in the other ones. For gameplay, it's a pretty good Metroid-Vania. You start with the basic hair whip attack, and then find transformations and power ups for said transformations. You can also buy spells to help you. I didn't use the spells much, until much later. Specially when I found all the gallery keys to unlock the Art and was also rewarded an item to have infinite magic.

I'm really happy about this game, and being from Wayforward, I'm not surprised.

Completed: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Platform: Vita

Good beat em up style gameplay with five varied characters with a large amount of abilities. Beautiful graphics and environments. Good story that shows more details while playing as other characters. Leifthrasir makes some good gameplay changes and adds new content while also keeping a classic mode for fans of the original. Mostly repeated environments, enemies, and bosses when playing as each new characters. Knowledge of how to use food for XP tends to make the game easy and slows things down.

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (PC - 9 hours)

Youtube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpN0BrphVX0DEqctid7SjNOLb33B-8-yT

(The first one is very choppy, as I forgot to stop the Youtube stream on my browser from playing while I was streaming. The second part doesn't have that problem)

Very enjoyable, if not somewhat simple (if thats your playstyle) hack and slash. There are actual combos and moves that the player can do, and even meters to be mindful of. But someone can finish this game with just using both attack buttons, specials (two buttons at the same time) and even transformations (both sticks at the same time). I will admit that I'm not skilled enough to actually do the more complicated combos in this, but that didn't stop me from finishing or having fun with this.

The player controls four girls, who can be switched between with a press of a button, at any time. There's even a Cross Merge Combination, that again I'm not good enough to be able to do, that lets you end or continue a combo by switching to a different character. There's a lot of upgrades, stuff to unlock, quests and missions to do. There's a decent enough variety of enemy types as well. The bosses were pretty big, and sort of spam the same attacks sometimes. But it's still fun to get their health low enough to do a QTE to cut off one of their limbs, or wings and to eventually finish them off.

I can see how people can just dismiss this as a Shallow Fan Service game, and it can actually be played like that. But there is a good amount of depth in the combat for people who want to learn the intricacies of the combat system.

Game: SteamWorld Dig

Platform: PC

Play Time: 5.0 hrs

Remember that digging simulator called Motherload? Well, this game is essentially that - only instead of a tank, you control a robot. While the concept isn't necessarily unique, this game executes what it sets out to do superbly. The gameplay also has a cool Metroidvania-esque element going, with abilities you gain by discovering these machine things. Visual style was pleasant to look at, and the music and sound design weren't bad. Only complaint I have is that the routes can be pretty hard to optimize sometimes, especially when some routes get completely blocked off by regenerating blocks in bad places. An ability to do a mid-air attack or some shit would've helped immensely in these cases.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Completed: Gears of War 4
Platform: Xbox One

Can be kind of fun in MP or horde. Follows obvious route of COG leading to fascist government but mostly ignores to bring back Locust. New enemies are boring. Windflares add nothing. From gruff personality less cliche characters and racial stereotype to replacing gruff with childish joking cliches. Bad story with poor pacing and abrupt ending. Terrible enemy and allied AI. Still has weird ammo limitations. Dull collectibles. Grabbing and kicking enemies on the other side of cover is cool but controls aren't tight enough to work well.

Alan Wake - (PC 15 Hours)

Youtube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpN0BrphVX0D37kCvB_gCtTMMH1I0xgYm

As someone who isn't very into Horror Games, I thought this one was pretty good. It wasn't really too scary, with the scares just coming from being surprised that the enemies are already next to you. In fact, I think my live stream audience on Twitch got me more times with the sound effects I have on there compared to the game. I don't think there were too limited resources in it. But because of my poor management, and still shooting the enemies without completely removing the darkness from them, I just ran from some enemy encounters. I liked how dodging properly actually slows time, as opposed to just moving away early enough to not get hit. Some of the enemies they throw at you are relentless too. They'll just keep coming, and throwing stuff at you until you get to that sweet, sweet, light.

Pretty happy I played this game, and even happier that I played it on a live stream.

Completed: Star Fields

Bad Audiosurf style game with no ability to use your own music and shooting elements. Playable but no reason to play it.

If we're counting in browser games, Frog Fractions:

I spent the last 30 - 40 minutes of this playing Busted, which someone gifted me during the stream.

Came in only knowing not to judge this game by how it begins, and it didn't disappoint. Never did I expect that I'd be doing what this game was gonna have me doing by the end of it. And it delivered on that, this was a weird one, and really suitable for when I streamed it.

The Order : 1886 (PS4 - About 8 hours)

Youtube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpN0BrphVX0BlqCDNfModbX-JC9jebXzc

Such wasted potential in this game. What Joe said in his review was true, but I didn't mind the Armored enemies and the shotgunners as much as he did. I could sorta see how they could make a sequel, and even say it at the end of the third stream. Too bad it's most likely not gonna get one.

If we're counting in browser games, Frog Fractions

I wasn't going to count those. Mostly because I don't want someone trying to run through short free to play Newgrounds style titles in order to "win".

Completed: Titanfall 2

The middle of the single player campaign has two excellent levels that work perfectly with the game's mechanics. The opening levels are pretty standard and the last three levels are uninteresting due to the stage design and the boring Titan combat. Excellent multiplayer. Story and characters are dull. Campaign is short. Collectibles do nothing and are just busy work.

Until Dawn (PS4 - 9 hrs 40 mins)

What started as a stream planned to end at 6AM, ended as a full playthrough going 40 minutes past that, and I regret nothing.

Despite already watching full let's plays of this game by the Super Best Friends and some of Joe's stream, I forgot some of the stuff already. I also got the audience involved by having them help decide choices that have no time limits, and even voting on whether to attempt to keep everyone alive or not (they voted for everyone to live). Had one hard crash during the stream, but it let me redo a decision that saved the audience favorite character, Wolf who was named SinsWolf by the audience. As far as the scares, only one of them got me, that being the wolverine early in the game. This stream was a blast to do

Completed: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (from the Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 collection)
Platform: PlayStation 4

Yes this is a remaster of a remaster to a game that was released 15 years ago. And even to this day, to me personally, this game still holds up. This is where this whole series and even my personal love for this series started. This is where my love for video games really came true. There really isn't much to say on the game. It takes classic Disney stories, some Final Fantasy characters, and it's own plot line to connect all that together. It is cliche but it is the characters and their interaction together that drives the story and still does.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:13 AM, Legolas_Katarn said:

I wasn't going to count those. Mostly because I don't want someone trying to run through short free to play Newgrounds style titles in order to "win".

Right, right, also never really saw this as any sort of competition. Just thought I'd add this too since I think last year mobile games were counted too.

---

Sniper Elite V2 (PC - 12 Hours)

Youtube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpN0BrphVX0Cs62VszcSQnVGLLwXphJyT

I remember trying out the Demo of this when it came out years ago and liking it enough. Think I bought it that year, and only played it now. I love that at the Marksman Difficulty, it gives the player a marker for the bullet drop compensation when releasing breath. But of course, the feature I really like in this is the X-Ray kills. I dedicated every nut shot that I got to the stream audience. It's also pretty awesome that you can shoot grenades off of enemies' belts to have them explode. I even got the Kill Hitler DLC, and tried to get him with a nutshot. Unfortunately, the Fuhrer can friggin run, and I always just get his leg, or his stomach. 

Just thought I'd add this too since I think last year mobile games were counted too.

I'd count pretty much count anything that costs money to get (or ones that are funded by players like LoL, DOTA, etc) so I would count a lot of mobile games, I just don't want people trying to run through short free to play or barely functioning games to try to add to their count or just to keep filling this with posts (not that I'm saying anyone is currently trying to do that) which would make up most flash games (obviously not Frog Fractions but easier to just not count them in general than to look at every one).

Completed: Zero Escape Time Dilemma

Ok puzzles, though there are some that are put in more as time wasters and that are repeated, and an ok story.

Terrible use of 3D that looks like it wants to be in 2D, ugly character models, freezes like it was 2D on ridiculous faces. Disappointing seeing no mention or use of certain characters from past games, new characters aren't interesting or even likable, old characters aren't as likable (and almost all of them are hurt personality wise with this game). Overall plot isn't as interesting and poorly told with frequent repeated talking point due to the way the game's story is told, characters constantly forget things or you are in other timelines where they will repeat the same information or talk at length about uninteresting subjects that you already know about from either this game or previous games. Can become over dramatic to the point of absurdity.

Has an alright ending but it's just a much less interesting game than the first two both plot and twist wise and significantly worse characters and characterization (the dog isn't even likable).

Completed: Warhammer End Times Vermintide

Plays a lot like Left 4 Dead with a melee focus, varied characters and enjoyable gameplay. All characters have a variety of good ranged options as well as melee. Would be nice if you had more and more varied melee attacks, ability to do thrusts or different attacks based on movement, alternate fire only works with one handed Witch Hunter weapons it could have been used for something unique for everyone. Not much variety in areas but some missions do interesting things with the level. I played through the main game and the DLC.

Completed: Torment Tides of Numenera

Well written as both a Torment game and as a Numenera game, though not as well paced and focused as Planescape. Interesting characters and situations fitting for the setting. Can avoid combat if you want to. Interesting results can come from skill failure, events, stat changes, ability to use tide powers. Merecasters were a good addition, giving you short stories you can play through either showing off other parts of the Numenera world or giving you more information on story relevant characters and events. Dominant tide rarely effects anything and the amounts you get can feel unbalanced or oddly chosen but the idea is relevant to the story. Small areas keep everything very close which can lead to some ridiculous things like someone telling you to find someone or something that is standing right next to them.

Game: Another Perspective

Play Time: 1.2 hrs

A cool little 2D puzzle platformer from Shaun Spalding. The gimmick of Another Perspective is, essentially, body-swapping - not necessarily the most original idea out there, but it's executed very well here. Basically any "body" you swap out of becomes a statue, and they can be used as platforms to reach high places etc. Some of the puzzles were serious mind-benders, but surprisingly enough, I found myself consulting a walkthrough relatively rarely. Visuals were nice and music wasn't bad for what little there was of it, but listening to the same goddamn loop over and over kinda got on my nerves.

Rating: 4/5 stars

DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark (PC - 7 Hrs 47 Mins)

Youtube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpN0BrphVX0BYLo_kulFFpNFQ7thMFhrd

Ok, again, I'm not really Horror guy, but I joined this and the main game very much. The ghost and monster designs in the main game were better, though I love that Serpent Mistress design from this. Although this expansion (since it takes place before the end of the main game), is supposed to have new horrors to deal with, I feel like one in particular was from the main game, specifically the blind one. I feel like the item placements for the area he was in is the same as the main game too. 

As mentioned earlier, this takes place before the end of the main game, when Linda was pulled into the mirror. Though I'm not entirely sure I understand what was being said in the ending of this and how it connects to the end of the main game. So gonna put my my thoughts on it in a spoiler tag where I will describe, to the best of my memory, the ending of the game:

Linda had to banish all the monsters and ghosts in rooms 101 to 108 of the Mirror Realm before she can enter the big door which leads to room 109. Before banishing any of the entities in the other rooms, the big door is either not formed or invisible. Room 109 has the Serpent Mistress, who says things like, and I'm gonna be paraphrasing here, "Prove yourself", "Do you even know what you're doing" and so on during her boss fight. So was rooms 101 - 108 some sort of test, and the Serpent Lady was the current Keeper of the Dark (which was also the name of room 109?

After beating the Serpent Mistress, Linda wakes up in almost complete darkness, with just one white haired lady, all in white, standing surrounded by candles on the floor, all but one of which is unlit. On the wall behind the lady in white, is a huge painting of the Lady in Red. Linda has to take a picture with the lit candle, the Lady in White and the painting / portrait of the Lady in Red all in the frame. Doing so will make a hole where the Lady in Red's face is, and a hand will grab the Lady in White, but not before she says something like "You don't know what you're doing" (I think she said that, can't remember for sure). If those rooms were a test, and Linda got through them, and even beat the Serpent Mistress, why would she say something like that? The last thing that can be heard is a voice telling Linda to "Remember the promise that was made", but she never made any promises herself. I can't remember if one was made in the main game when she was talking to the possessed Ira.

Anyway, after that, on both sides are spirits that look like they're supposed to be people walking on a crowded street. Opposite of the Lady in Red's painting / portrait, is a door that looks like the one for room 109, but with more of a shade of yellow. Lined up to that door, on its left and right are spirits of people, just standing, all wearing some sort of uniform. Upon interacting with the door, a cutscene starts where I think one person from the line-up is shown, but the head changes into each of them after a second of each. The last head is Linda's, and someone who looks like Linda, but with glasses. Is that one with the glasses supposed to be Miss Siska? Are those people lined up to the left and right the door the ones who went through this before? Ok, so the baby that Miss Siska had at the true end of the main game might be an infant Serpent Mistress, but where did she get it? I don't remember her going through the Mirror Realm to get that baby. Where'd it come from?

I haven't read the comic for this, though I do have it. I'm not sure where that takes place in all this, or if it answers any of the stuff I ask in that spoiler tag.

As someone who isn't into horror, I'm very happy to have played this, and that I did it during a live stream, with a Webcam.

---

Unrelated to the game, still not a fan of how the Spoiler Tag works now. I used the closing [/ spoiler], and what I typed after that was still included inside it. I edit the post, and I cut the part that's not supposed to be there, and I can't and a light outside and under the spoiler box.

Unrelated to the game, still not a fan of how the Spoiler Tag works now.

No one should be, it wasn't anything we would have intended to or wanted to have changed with the update.

Completed: Resident Evil 7

Resident Evil 7 attempts to bring the series back to the survival focused gameplay of the older series entries and away from the action focus of the last few games, for me it completely fails at this. The atmosphere of the starting few areas are what the game does well with good details and gives you areas that you want to explore, unfortunately even this drops in quality in the final two places you go to that have a very bland and uninteresting look to them. The VHS tapes that you find are a nice addition, playing them allows you to see past events and play as different characters, there are only four of these though, and two of them don't even make sense in regards to how they were recorded.

Previews of the game seemed to imply that you would be chased around by the Baker family members who were strong and unkillable, forcing you to hide from them. This is actually not true at all as it really only happens once very early in the game and avoiding the character is easily done by just going into the save room and shutting the door on him, a strategy that also works on regular enemies with any door. The combat is poor and awkward with guns and melee weapons almost always feeling weak (with the exception of the shotgun) and not being fun to use, the knife is somehow unable to hit downed enemies unless you duck, your character moves very slowly and can only manage a slightly faster forward walk when you want to get away from something.

The enemies themselves are dull, three types of oil like monsters (one that you only see maybe three times) and two types of bugs in one area. They are slow, weak, and can be defeated by doors or just slowly walking past them. Sometimes shots will stagger enemies, sometimes they won't, sometimes they will take five headshots, sometimes they will take 12 it never really makes any sense. Boss fights are horribly designed glitchy messes where they can clearly miss you but still hit, do attacks that clip through objects to hit you, and get stuck on random things in the environment. The survival elements are practically non-existent as we have lost the powerful or one shot kill enemies that have been around for some time, I ended up finishing the game on normal (the most difficult mode available at the start) by only using two items that fully healed me and raised my max health, I could have made about 40+ medkits and had other healing supplies, at no point could the game be considered remotely difficult or tense because of this.

Plot necessary items taking inventory space is a time wasting needless thing to bring back, as is the smaller inventory, you will run into sections where you will be carrying very few things, you will go into a room with so many items that you will then need to travel back to the storage box with no enemies or things of interest in your way, sometimes even needing to make multiple trips if you want to collect everything, this seems like it was added to the game to pad out the short length.

The story is pretty uninteresting with obvious reveals. The main character barely seem to be effected by anything but moves worse than almost any horror main character I've ever seen, he seemed to have more of a negative reaction to being surrounded by caterpillars in a crawl space than almost anything that happened to him. At times it felt like they wanted to make him a funny B movie style character, which would actually fit well with the main antagonists. In one boss fight the guy you are fighting tears open a fence, grabs a giant pair of scissors, and says "Groovy." Your character then says, "That's not groovy," you can then pick up a chainsaw and I was expecting him to say something like, "This is groovy," instead he says nothing making it all just awkward lines and like they forgot that he is just some average guy who shouldn't be delivering one liners to mutated people while surrounded by body bags. It also feels like they couldn't fully abandon the more action oriented titles of the past by having you fight some giant mutated creatures, one battle being a ridiculous affair where you can just keep jumping from the second story of the area to the first and then slowly climbing back up a ladder to easily avoid the attacks of your enemy.

The game is full of jump scares meant for VR where people suddenly appear on screen (sometimes letting you even look in the direction they were supposed to come from, allowing you to see them just appear out of nowhere), grab you, and then scream in your face. The game is actually far more gross than scary, like watching a bad "horror" movie like Drag Me To Hell where somehow vomit and bugs are supposed to scare you. They start making cheap attempts to scare you such as having random noises around the area and sounds from monsters that will never show up but anyone who has played enough video games will know this, and even if I was worried about being suddenly attacked you are so well equipped to handle everything that it wouldn't matter. I was willing to give them some credit by never having the little girl start singing but they even managed to throw that cliche in near the very end.

The game also includes two endings, with almost nothing changing from a gameplay perspective, seeing them requires you to play the worst parts of the game again after making a choice in the previous section. They didn't even have the decency to give you a save point after the game's worst boss fight, forcing you to fight it over again to get back to the choice. Something that feels like them trying to add to the length of the game or to pretend there is more replay value.

I didn't think it would be possible, but I actually liked Resident Evil 6 more than this, if only because of the few decent moments it had and the so bad it's funny moments in it.

Completed: Shantae: ½ Genie Hero

Cutest stage selection screen. Good art style and levels design. Usual magic and hair attacks as well as multiple transformations with different attacks and dance abilities. Can easily farm money for upgrades if you want an easier time and you can switch off upgrades and skills to make it more difficult. A hardcore mode for more of a challenge. Going back to stages can change enemies and some details. Some transformations are really only used to get extra items or are made mostly useless by other forms, it would have been nice to see them used more in certain areas, the short length of the game and low number of stages likely prevented that. I'd recommend it but I think it's probably the weakest game in the series, although there should be DLC for it with new stages, and the ability to play as Risky should be added soon, which I assume would be somewhat like playing as Shantae in the previous game. Those additions could make for improvements, more gameplay, and more options.

Outlast - PC - 5 hours

To get ready for Outlast 2, decided to stream Outlast. Can't tell if I feel cheated that I'm playing it this far from its release, when I've seen a few people, Joe included play through this. None the less, it was also for those watching my stream who haven't seen this all the way through or at all. Will be doing Whistleblower for the next stream, and then 2 after that.

Outlast Whistleblower - PC - 3 hours

Same as vanilla Outlast, I've seen others (such as Joe) play through this before. But some om my viewers haven't seen it yet, and I guess it was a good way to get ready for Outlast 2 tomorrow.

Game: Borderlands GOTY Edition (including DLC)

Time: 51 hours

Well, that was about as good as I expected.  Started out tough, got easier as I played.  I can see why a lot of people claim that despite the developers claiming it has a bajillion guns only a few are ever useful; as soon as I got the legendary SMG that lights everything on fire it became my go-to weapon for every enemy, including the ones who are supposed to be weak against shock and corrosive damage.  Of course, I would have to switch out something else whenever I fought a fire elemental enemy or anything that was immune to fire damage, but other than that once I got that SMG I used it 99% of the time.  I ignored most other weapons and specced my character to take advantage of its elemental power.  By the end of the game, I had maxed out my money.

It's a fun game, but I don't see why people like to play more than one playthrough.

Outlast 2 - PC - about 9 hours

Youtube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpN0BrphVX0C2gPrXaB_C1IaPMMGNDHuW

There were some mechanics I thought I'd like about this, like the whole keeping the camera on a scene to record it. I thought it wouldn't disrupt from the gameplay too much. And I totally understand having it be part of the gameplay, but having to record something while being chased around wasn't my cup of tea. I liked how the notes you got just get added by looking at a scene with the camera in the first game, and the notes added to the overall feel and gave insight to the game too. In this, it still added some insight to what Blake Langgerman's thinking, but because of the way they did it, it's way easier to miss stuff.

I did however like having to look at your pockets to see your battery and bandage supplies. Even thought that that it should've been the only way to reload and apply bandages, by manually looking at your pockets and doing it from there.

As for the story, I thought I got a grasp of all of it, and even theorized that it had something to do with Murkoff (company from the first game and Whislteblower) and their Morphogenic Engine. But by the end of it, I think I only understand what Knoth was trying to do, and don't completely understand the Heretic's motivations. The flashback segments are pretty cool, though I don't completely understand how it fits into the whole cult story either. Plus going back from it and the current events of the game sorta make me ask things like "How'd she end up there?" at the end of the game. I know what they were trying to do in a narrative sense, but in the end, the cuts sorta made it confusing. One second you're being assaulted by someone, next thing you're running and I'm wondering how a certain character got where they were, that sorta thing.

The atmosphere is definitely top notch in this, and having it set in a mostly outdoor environment adds to what they want to do. The character designs are also pretty good. Love the variety of places to hide too, like water troughs, barrels, tree stumps and so on.

I wasn't really planning on finishing the game on stream last night, but one of my viewers said that I only had an hour and a half to go when I asked at the 3 hour mark (6 hours if you add the previous night's stream) and ended up playing for 3 hours more haha. Anyway, wasn't disappointed with this at all.

Game: Three Dead Zed

Time: 2 hours

Ugh, this was an annoying game.  It was an action platformer with a little light puzzling thrown in.  It tried to have a quirky sense of humor but it didn't make me laugh.  That gmae was more boring than anything else, except for annoying.  It was very, very, VERY annoying.  The controls were floaty, and the game was buggy.  I use a wired Xbox 360 controller, so when I pressed the Y button to repeat a stage it wouldn't work.  Also none of the achievements unlocked.

Short but not sweet.  Would not recommend.

Completed: State of Anarchy

A colorful top down shooter, move with WASD while aiming and firing with the mouse. It starts of entertaining with colorful doodle style graphics, you begin with a weapon that can fire off one bullet and when you are outside you can get into a car and run enemies over. The goal is to get to a destination fight to a boss in the middle of a building and kill them to end the stage. Dead enemies can drop health or money, money will level you up and ever other level you can take one of four perks to increase health, regeneration, speed, and fire rate, bosses will drop an upgraded gun. The problem with the game is that it doesn't give you variety, you will do the same things, the perks are dull, and weapon upgrades just give you increasing spread shots that might shoot faster. Bosses stand in the center of the area firing at you with the new top of shot you are going to get and your enemies aren't very interesting.

Finally. I have returned from a long hiatus! From Easter choir duties, and mostly playing Persona 5. Back on track:

40) 10 Second Ninja X

This is one of those "complete a stage as fast as you possibly can" kind of platforming game. With super slick controls and really fast movement, you have to complete a bunch of short stages in less than 10 seconds. And it has a pretty silly story, with a villain that I'm not even sure can be called a bad guy. At first he's all "I'm going to kill you with my robot army" and then the next thing he's like "hey, sorry I was mean man. I just want to play with someone". In the end it ends well and happy so it's all good!

41) Flower

Platform: PS4

When I realized that I can play Flower and Journey for free since I already have them on PS3, I jumped right in to finally complete these 2 games that for some reason I never get to finish. And even though these 2 are surprisingly extremely short, just like Abzu, it still provides awesome soundtrack, really pretty graphics and relaxing atmosphere that makes playing these games so "zen" like.

In Flower, you play as a flower petal, navigating a wasteland to get to other flowers so in the end you form a dragon esque flower formation and spread your nature power to the land. Kind of like Okami but less epic. Still, it's really pretty to look at. And because I'm playing on PS4, it's controlled by using the motion sensor of lifting the PS4 controller in the direction you want the flower to go. I prefer playing with regular controls on PS3 but playing with this is ok too.

42) Journey

I think almost everyone knows about this game by now. In this game, you're going through a journey to reach the top of a mountain that has shiny thing in it.

latest?cb=20121224062505

What's in that mountain? Find out yourself! And embark on a journey of collecting collectibles that makes your scarf longer so you are able to fly as high as you can go, as long as the scarf has light on it that you can collect by going to a bunch of flying papers and pressing O. 

43) I am the Hero

A pretty slick beat em up game with the ability to launch a 300+ combo attack if you managed to avoid getting hit and perform combos. It's obviously made by someone that doesn't really have strong english, and even the ending is..... really2 dumb, but the music is pretty damn good, the graphic is slick and stylish and it's a solid beat em up game nonetheless. 

44) Mr Shifty

It's a less gory Hotline Miami. With a plot that's as simple as "go in, kill bad guys". Really nice fast paced Hotline Miami style gameplay except that you can't use firearms and can only use your fist and melee weapons alongside Nightcrawler's teleportation skills.

Oh, fuck the soundtrack for this game. It's the same exact thing over, and over, and over again. With slight variations, but it's the exact same notes the whole way through the game. For maximum enjoyment of this game, just mute the music and play something better. Like any song from Hotline Miami.

45) Beat Cop

What a disappointment of a game this is. The trailer of this game is actually really exciting

And even the intro of this game is really cool, like you're in an 80s detective show and maybe at some point in the game you can do detective work and deduce crime. But this entire game is just a "Paper's Please" style game where you're a regular police officer, giving tickets to vehicles that has their parking meter expired or their tires and head lamp busted. With rare instances of arresting shoplifters, even rarer instances of shooting criminals and occasional variety like "go to point b and talk to someone" and a bit of interesting plot development about a missing diamond and corrupt politician. I was expecting something cool to happen like if you go a certain way in the story, the game will shift and there will be a change in gameplay where it becomes a detective game or a side scroller shooter, but NO! It's the exact same gameplay the entire game. And not even a satisfying payoff in the game's multiple endings, which is basically just choose 1 out of 5 people you want to help. There's no cutscene to celebrate the ending, just a newspaper telling the outcome and a "the end". What a massive letdown.

46) Outlast 2

Well, Joe said it best in his review. I have no idea what happened to this game. It's good that the gameplay is basically the same as the first Outlast which have great tensions throughout, but why does this game have to include so many bullshit things like instant death traps and lighting reflex moments where you're supposed to know where to go in 3 seconds or else you're dead? And the healing mechanic is completely worthless because sure, it looks like you have to manage healing inventory to get through the game, but you know what's an even better solution? Just let yourself get killed which will recover you to full health, and with your medkits unused. 

Luckily unlike Joe, I actually know what happened in this game's story since I read side materials that explains the random stuff that happens, like the random lights that keeps on showing up in the game and the fact that almost everything supernatural in this game are just hallucinations. But I understand that people will get angry at how this game doesn't explain jack shit. We'll have to wait for the dlc for the proper explanations of what's going on unfortunately.

47) Virexian

Platform: iPhone

A twin stick shooter with, I guess Vector graphics? It has a cool soundtrack and a bunch of switchable weaponries and armor which encourages experimentation. A simple enjoyable game.

48) Rachet and Clank (2016)

I think they created this game just so it can become a great movie tie in to wash the bad taste of awful movie tie in games before. Because this game is awesome. Basically it combines the cool parts of previous Rachet and Clank games and mix it into one game, and the plot is basically the first game's story, but through Captain Quark's perspective. And it has that PS1 - PS2 era movie tie in thing where the game mixes cutscenes from the movie into the game. So it can look pretty jarring when at one moment you're seeing in game graphics, and then immediately you're looking at the film clip. Ah... that takes me back.

Now me personally, I remembered playing the third game in the series the most: Up your Arsenal because that's what my cousin had when he returned from USA, and I only managed to play 2 hours of it. Since then I did play a couple of Rachet and Clank games when it's displayed as a demo in different game stores. I'm more of a Jak and Daxter player so I'm not really a fan of Rachet and Clank. But now that I played this, I feel like playing the previous games, especially the second and third game again just to see how different it is.

It's quite a shame though that despite this game's awesome gameplay, some things about it is just....... lacking. Like the forgettable soundtrack even though the best thing to do is to use the awesome soundtrack of the first game

the clumsy editing which tries to mix the film's plot with this game which completely cut the original game's various side characters, and the really awkward cutscene of talking which usually jumps to Rachet looking at a blank space often. The original game's dialogue are actually WAY better and the comedy lands really well, so I don't know what happened. Good thing is Captain Quark is still an entertaining cowardly dick like he used to be. And good thing Rachet in this game is a better and more relateable character just like he is from the games after the first, compared to the original where he's.... a fucking piece of shit. 

49) Warlock: Master of the Arcane

It's Civilization 5. But instead of researching things to reach scientific dominance and become a more modern country, here you research new magic spells that will aid you in combat and building. 

50) The Sexy Brutale

A great "groundhog day" game where you're trapped in a mansion filled with people that keeps on getting killed over and over again. Your goal is to try and save every single guest in the game, collecting new skills which will assist you in progressing through the game, and find out what really happened in the game to finally break the curse which traps you in this neverending cycle of death.

The twist of this game is actually pretty good and fitting for this game. Which is funny because normally this kind of twist pisses me off, but this game manages to do it justice and not insulting to the player, like previous games that has this twist did. Not going to name the game because it'll spoil the plot. Just know that this game is great, and it's an underrated game that needs to be played. 

51) Fate/ Extella: the Umbral Star

This is a sequel to the PSP Fate/Stay Night game Fate: Extra. It's basically a Dynasty Warriors esque game, but with Fate Stay Night characters. Fans of Fate/Stay Night and Extra will like this game because it has the various servants from that game, mixed with a bit of other characters from Fate/Zero and even Jeanne of Arc from Apocrypha. Though Fate Grand Order is still the undisputed king of Fate game since it has 100+ servants to play as which also includes characters from this game. So no, unfortunately you can't play as Arjuna

Or Shiki Rougi

Or Cu Chulainn's teacher Scathach.

Maybe in the sequel.

Still, this game is surprisingly not as boring as Dynasty Warriors and doesn't suffer from "Dynasty Warriors syndrome". In fact it's fucking great. Simply because each servants have diverse movesets that makes them different from each other and they are cool and stylish like Sengoku Basara. And the game also have great content like different stories for each of the servants each with their own endings, and a good main story, which just like the original Fate Stay Night game, have different paths which will lead to drastically different endings. Couple of times this game makes me tear up, which is good.

52) Ghost Recon Wildlands

Funny thing about this game. I like the beta a lot. It gives me just enough to enjoy the game's first couple of hours that I want more. The initial hours of this game is....... really glitchy. Like, draw distance is practically non existent for some reason and the textures takes 10 seconds to properly load, it's like the first time playing RAGE on PC back when it's released and that game's graphic and textures are just as atrocious too. Luckily patches are released and now it's all good.

But despite that, this game overall is pretty damn good! If a little repetitive because hey, this is an open world game by Ubisoft that's not Watch Dogs. Still, the gameplay is tactically solid and not just a mindless cover based shooter, so it's a pretty solid experience overall. Basically this game is what happened if you take the base gameplay from Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and then make it GTA. You get a gigantic open world and a load of bad guys to kill however you want, and of course a criminal organization to destroy.

I was going to aim for 100% completion by eliminating every major cartel figures in the game, but unfortunately I run into a bug which makes one of the cartel figure unnaccessable. Like, I enter his area, I collected a lot of kingslayer files which hopefully will give me access to kill the guy, but there's no yellow intel or mission icons like in the other areas. I have no idea why this happened, and I am unfortunately unable to truly complete this game 100% which from what I have seen will grant me a different ending. But I actually think the ending that I got is more fitting than the 100% completion ending.

53) Persona 5

And finally, this game. The reason why I disappear from the forum for 1 month now. One of my most anticipated game of 2017, and it delivers in almost all spades, with only 2% out of 98% that I don't like about this game, and that's saying something. Definitely a GOTY contender. Though that's because I'm already a fan of the previous Persona games and Shin Megami Tensei but STILL! Fucking amazing game.

The pinnacle of Persona's gameplay, honed to it's fullest potential. With just as great of a cast and character as Persona 4, including the many cute girls you are able to date ohohoho yeah, great social links, or in this case "confidant" side quests that offers extremely useful gameplay buffs and also with a great engaging story which makes me want to max them all, a much2 better combat and dungeon navigation that makes each dungeon, or in this game's case "castle" feels like you're playing a stealth action game rather than tedious maze navigation of Persona 4, and so many more stuff to do in this game.

That 2% of this game that I don't like? That's just the castle boss battle song. This song which plays in every major Castle battle except the last 2.

At first it's pretty good, but when it's the 3rd time hearing it? It makes the battle less epic, which is a shame considering that the bosses in the game are pretty tough and epic to fight. But that's just my personal taste. I can easily change it to Nier's amazing boss theme, and the battles become 10,000 times better.

I played 100+ hours of this game, and even though I beat the game once, I'm still playing it right now. With all my 5 character points maxed out in new game + so now I can max out my social links with no stats micromanagement. And OP as fuck personas to make the game easier. Now, on to fighting the new game + boss!

Completed: Dead Island Retro Revenge

Dead Island Retro Revenge is a mixture of an endless runner and a beat em up game. Four buttons that allow you to attack low, middle, high, or behind you while your character is constantly moving forward and able to move between three different lanes. Some enemies can only be hit in certain spots and some can be hit in a way that knocks them into other enemies and obstacles. There are three different areas with eight levels each with different areas adding in new types of enemies that might attack you in certain ways or be vulnerable to certain attacks. You have a magic attack that destroys everything on screen and can build up the use of a power weapon that allows you to charge through everything. The story of the game has you going after your cat after he is taken from you and fighting the zombies, military, and anything else that gets in your way. It can be fun while it last though the first eight stages are very easy, it also doesn't seem to tell you which attacks enemies will block or counter or which will throw them at other enemies until you try each one on them.