• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2017)

221 posts in this topic

Game: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Platform: DS

Play Time: ~7.5 hrs

It's Star Wars in LEGO form. 'Nuff said. Pleasant visuals, great music and sound design. Gameplay was fun for the most part, if somewhat held back by the plentiful (and often times tedious) vehicle stages.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Completed: MechCommander
Platform: PC

Real time Battletech strategy game. Good variety of mechs (and some vehicles) and pilots, pilots each have their own actor and short FMV videos as they talk during battle. Good briefing maps and information. Mechs have armor on different components and can be knocked down or have legs and weapons destroyed. Airstrikes and destructible environment can allow you or enemies to knock out bridges, damage enemies by hitting fuel tanks, or barracks before pilots and drivers can get to their vehicles. Sensors and jump jets are both useful. Useful combat options for engagement range. AI issues issues with pathfinding and odd ally and enemy reactions is the most noticeable problem.

Complete: Abzu
Platform: PlayStation 4

Journey underwater, is the best way to describe what Abzu is. The art style they go with is beautiful and stunning. The controls feels very floating and can be hard to direct yourself (I recommend turning off invert as that is default). The controls are literally the same as Journeys. The one down fall for this game is how similar it is to Journey. When we get down to it if you've played Journey you've played this game, as even the ending is the exact same. Is there anything wrong with that? I don't know. But for me it just shows they didn't want to take chances.

Completed: The Dweller

Control a monster that moves in the floors and walls and tries to kill all the archaeologists on each levels. You can eat nearby atchaeologists by moving along the wall or floor next to them, scare them off cliffs, or move onto rocks that can then by slid across the surfaces to crush them. The game is a puzzle game that mostly revolves around maneuvering the rocks to connect different walls and floors. It's alright but not much changes, bigger rocks are added eventually and rocks you might need to stack, in the fairly large number of levels.

Completed: MechCommander Desperate Measures

Expansion with three new operations with 12 new missions, new vehicles, new mechs, and custom NPC mechs. More varied terrain.

Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -- Mirror of Fate HD
Time: 10 hours

I have mixed feelings about this game.  It tried to combine the the modern exploration-centric style of 2D Castlevania games with certain classic aspects, including the way sub-weapons work, and various aspects of Lords of Shadow, namely combat and puzzles.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.  Honestly my biggest problem was the game kinda messing up its own continuity.  The game is split between three campaigns and two characters.  At first it starts off ok, but then the continuity is screwed up in the later campaigns.  Why can one character use his whip to swing from chandelier to chandelier when the ability to do so wasn't given to the whip until the future?  How come one character has to earn the ability to double jump in his first campaign but already knows it in his second campaign, one that takes place in the past?  I think someone dropped the ball here.

Also, two more complaints: first, the music.  It was meh.  Since it was a 2D Castlevania it needed remixes of classic Castlevania songs, but nope, nothing of the sort.  A wasted opportunity if you ask me.  The second complaint is the difficulty curve.  The second campaign is easily the hardest and the third campaign is the easiest; it even has tutorial prompts that don't appear anywhere else in the game, as if it was meant to be the first campaign but someone screwed that up too.

It was an ok game.  There wasn't anything glitchy or offensive, but it just didnt' live up to the Castlevania name.  Maybe I should lower my expectations for when I play Lords of Shadow 2...

54) Prey

A great spiritual successor to System Shock. The ending of this game is ripped straight out of Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere, but it's still a pretty cool ending and a great game. Shame that it has no relation to System Shock plotwise. 

55) Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Platform: PS3

I'm preparing myself for Tekken 7 next month, so what better way to do that than to play this. Fuck me, this is a bad time to play online. Since it's out for so long, all the other players are fucking psychic masters that can block every attack you throw and attack faster than you can block. I hope Tekken 7 will reset the skillbase so everyone will be more balanced. Offline though is still sweet. My favorite arcade ending is tied between Dragunov

and Wang. 

The only thing that will make this ending better is if Deadpool shows up.

56) Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

This is a re-release of the loathed original Ninja Gaiden 3. Good thing is this game is like Ninja Gaiden 2, but much better and the enemy ai are not supernaturally precise that can just instantly grab you and suicide bomb whenever they want.

Bad news is like Ninja Gaiden 2, the bosses are all still a pain in the ass. Especially the final boss, more specifically the cheap as hell first phase of the final boss that's filled with infinite respawning enemies, projectiles everywhere and heavy damage attacks. It's the equivalent of trying to avoid rain in a thunderstorm with nothing but a book on your head. Fuck the final boss. I am not joking when I say that all of the bosses from Nioh and Dark Souls 1 - 3 are easier than that frustrating, hair rippingly unfair final boss. Took me 50 deaths, a reset and a final run with only 3/100 of my health left to beat it. Why can't Team Ninja just make a fair boss for Ninja Gaiden for once in their life???

Bayonetta - PC - 13 Hours

I finished it before on the PS3, but when it came out on Steam I just had to play it too. So I put it in my wishlist. About a week after it came out, I wake up to see a Discord message from a Youtuber / Streamer friend asking how up-to-date my Steam wishlist was, he then gifted it to me right in time for me to do a Meat After Dark stream that night.

I do notice the framerate change quite a bit compared to the PS3 version. Though I don't know whether to attribute me playing it better on the PC to the higher framerate or because I've played it before and knew what to do. I still died a lot, but not as much compared to the PS3 version. I'm really happy that Sega's starting to port their Platinum Games stuff on to Steam. Also really happy about the port too. If there's anything I'm disappointed with, it's the resolution on the Dance cutscene you get for finishing the game. But that doesn't really matter, the game still looked awesome, love having the option for Japanese voice overs and having options for UI positions too.

Really looking forward to Vanquish seeing how well this one went.

Game: Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut

Play Time: 8.0 hrs

So, this here was my entry point into the Shantae series. And I've got to admit that I regret not checking this series out earlier. Visuals were pleasant and music was great. Gameplay was enjoyable for the most part, with the minor exception of Hypno Baron's dungeon and its puzzly shenanigans. Penultimate boss was also somewhat of a joke in comparison to the final boss, and the shoot-em-up section in the final dungeon felt a little stretched out.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Nintendo 64 

Man, did I miss out on this back when it came out. But I'm also lucky that I played this in the age of the Internet. It's the first ever Legend of Zelda game that I finished, and again, I'm very happy to have streamed this. Not only because I could have the chat to help me, but also to have fans of the series share my journey through this classic. I made sure the chat knew to let me figure stuff out first and if I get stuck, I'll ask for help. I can tell that if I played this way back when it came out, I would most likely not have finished it.

I was asked time and again during each stream what it was that I liked the most about this game, and my answer's been the same, the music. The Ocarina tunes and the complete themes just sound great. I also like how bosses aren't defeated just by hitting it enough times. The twin witches boss fight was awesome, when it finally clicked what I had to do.

I think the graphics still hold up real well, though I guess the emulator helped on that end too. One thing that I did struggle with is the aiming of the various tools. I couldn't get the deadzone right no matter how I changed the configuration, even with Steam's Dualshock 4 integration configuration. Despite that, I still had a blast with the game, and knowing the twist identity didn't diminish the entire experience of the game.

Game: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut

Time: 3 hours

It's a neat little puzzle game.  Some of the puzzles were easy-ish.  Most had me scratching my head before I eventually solved them, but I got stuck on a few, and sometimes I just lucked out.  The story is easily the best part of the game, though, as it really makes you question who to trust since you are stuck in a ludicrous situation and each person you hear over the radio has an equally ludicrous explanation of what is happening.  Some things don't add up, but that's just to keep you guessing until the very end.  The puzzles might not be as clever as those in the Portal games, but the story definitely is.

Completed: Dawn of War III

The previous Dawn of War titles had an enjoyable multiplayer mode, even having a co-op hero and horde based mode in the previous title, but tended to be remember as much as, or more in the case of DoW2 and its expansions, for the single player and co-op campaign. Dawn of War 3 removes just about everything that made the campaign of the previous game good, you can no longer upgrade your heroes in the way you want, find and equip gear with different lore entries and benefits, you have three races instead of six, the co-op modes are gone, and you only have one campaign of 17 missions that switch between armies with each level. The campaign opens fairly strong with Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens defying an Inquisitor's blockade to land on a planet besieged by Orks. You fight your way through a nice looking environment with things going on in the backgrounds, battles you can't reach, all while different forces join you as you fight to your objective. What ends up following are a series of levels that mostly take place on dull and similar looking planets where you will take advantage of the AI. On any of the three difficulties, you build up a massive force and resource count while they leave your base alone, you will the take that force to easily wipe out the objective or to wipe out the objective to then be forced into an immediate second goal which often makes it necessary to sit around and build up forces while the computer does nothing. The story itself is mostly dull with the Blood Ravens, Orks, and two factions of Eldar fighting over a Spear on a planet that has recently appeared, the only amusing parts are some of the lines from the Orks and some of the few lines that Diomedes of the Blood Ravens says.

Three different armies are available including the Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks. Each army has their own units, though they tend to end up filling the same roles, a unique AoE ability they can call down every 300 seconds, and each army has some differences in how they play. Space Marines can land units in drop pods and drop a standard that will improve the ability of nearby units, the Eldar have less health but have shields, bonuses at the start of a battle, the ability to relocate their base structures, and get buffs when near a certain type of structure, and Orks are able to make use of scrap to give each unit a unique bonus or to allow their builder units to construct vehicles at a lower cost.

The game has simple base building with each faction getting two infantry buildings, a main base, a vehicle builder, something to upgrade units, a listening post to plant on resource points, and a unique structure for the Eldar and the Orcs. Their units are pretty much the same and there are only about five infantry and five vehicle types, to go along with your choice of three out of nine elite units that can be summoned into battle by spending elite point resources and that can be respawned a set amount of time if they are killed. Each elite unit has two different doctrines they can choose from that will give your army passive benefits when they are on the field, you can also choose three other doctrines from around 25 options that will give your infantry, vehicles, and structures passive or active skills. You might take a doctrine to get your Tactical Marines to move faster, give heavy gunners the ability to pin down their targets or remove their ability to have to set up their guns before firing, or you might take a doctrine that allows you to heal elites and reinforce damaged squads when they are near listening posts instead of having to go back to base. These allow you to play armies a bit differently and to find ways to work together with allies in multiplayer to best make use of your unique bonuses but with the limited number of things you can take they don't end up changing much and some of them will just end up giving back abilities to units that they used to have in the previous titles. When playing multiplayer or skirmish games each side has shield generators, turrets, and a power generator. You need to destroy a shield generator to allow damage to be done to a nearby powerful turret, and then need to destroy the power generator to win the game. The game has removed one of the best features of the series and of Company of Heroes in losing the ability to garrison inside of buildings and to use objects in the environment as infantry cover, cover is now typically just going to be used at your shield generator or in set cover structures that usually don't have much reason to make use of. The new cover is a circular spot with small walls on four different sides, you move a unit inside of it and they will create a magic shield that absorbs all attacks while they (or multiple units) just awkwardly stand in the middle of it. If the magic shield bar goes all the way down the cover is destroyed, melee units are able to run inside and if units leave or are knocked out of cover a capture meter will quickly drop that will remove the cover.

The AI is terrible, units will just stand still and ignore being shot if they are being attacked out of their range, in a co-op skirmish battle the computer refused to attack my base even after defeating my entire army. I gave the computer 30 minutes to attack my base, when they didn't I respawned my three hero units, ran into their base, made use of your boring and overpowered faction ability and destroyed their generator to win the match. With the loss of cover options we are back to the boring and outdated old RTS way of units just awkwardly standing still bunched up firing at each other, which makes them all perfect targets for the boring and overpowered AoE attacks that can be called down by each of the game's armies. Sometimes unit abilities on certain elites just won't work when you push them, but will still activate their cooldowns. Some of the larger units have difficulty moving around in battle and seem to struggle at deciding if they should be using a melee or ranged attack when units are moving or being knocked back and forth near them. You have no way to move units together as a unit or to make a formation with them, making it difficult to prevent fast units from charging the enemy to get killed before your main force shows up, usually with your large units that should be in front lagging far behind. This is something that could and should have easily been solved over the last 20 years by giving you simple movement options once you select a group of units but this game wants to go back in time rather than improve things.

The developers seemed to have decided to ignore the campaign to focus on the multiplayer, which seems like a terrible idea given the popularity and modes of the previous titles, but the game also feels like they neglected the multiplayer as well. There is only three armies, they don't have many units or much unit variety, they removed features that should have been improved on and build up even more with the inclusion of larger elite units that could have effected the battlefield layout, the multiplayer mode only has eight maps (though you can download player made ones), and one of the strangest half inclusions is a pointless leveling system and need to buy elite units and doctrines. When you start the game each army has five locked elite units and all of their doctrine choices are locked, you can purchase these by getting skulls which are earned by playing through the campaign, leveling elite units, and finishing skirmish and online matches. This is obvious a terrible idea because it hurts the balance of the game but what makes this even stranger is that by playing the game through on normal you will have enough to buy every unit in two of the armies and to buy three doctrines in each army. Leveling up units also doesn't do much, getting to an early level unlocks their other doctrine choice, getting to level eight unlocks on of their two doctrines to be chosen as one of your three options, and the other eight levels are all cosmetics options, bonus skulls to unlock other things, or an alternate costume for them and portrait for your profile.

The game can be fun when it is working well and if you have friends to play with online which can allow you to make some strategies around your unit types and your army, elite, and doctrine choices but with the gutted single player, removal of co-op, lack of multiplayer options (and seeming lack of players already), and step back in terms of mechanics it's not worth a purchase at full price and likely only going to be worth it for people who want to see Warhammer 40,000 units.

57) Dishonored 2

Finally. After this game is now patched to all hell making the freezes and fps drops no longer an issue, I beat this game at last. As Emily. MUCH2 better than the first Dishonored in every way, well except the glitchy and crap performance on PC when it's released. No longer is non-lethal playthrough boring as shit, now there's more ways to knock enemies out cold. Which means air ko moves are now possible! Frontal combat is still annoying since you don't have the option for non lethal attacks except parry+chokehold, or parry+throw the enemy+kick them on the ground which makes fighting against a group of 3 enemies at once tricky, like how about a normal punch or a karate kick that knocks enemies out cold? But at least you have more options this time.

My favorite part is definitely "a crack in the slab". Amazing level design this is. Never have I seen time travel changes things this seamlessly. Being able to just knock an important person out cold, only to return to the present and then seeing every single thing has changed in the matter of 2 seconds is a great feeling.

58) Manual Samuel

Funny as hell game where you control a guy that's recently killed only to be resurrected, but having to do everyday life completely manually limb to limb. Everything from walking, eating food, peeing, driving, even talking by having to spell out every single word one by one makes me laugh by how stupid it all looks in action. It's like Octodad, but much simpler. And it's nice to have Hell depicted as not that bad of a place to live. Even the devils here are polite and give you cupcakes!

59) Fight Night Champions

This is the latest Fight Night boxing game that EA made, in 2011. Which is odd because this boxing series is awesome and should spawn more sequels. Cool thing is this game has a Rocky esque story mode where you play as Andre Bishop, and you follow his journey from prison to eventually becoming the HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! It's surprisingly good and straightforward. I mean it's a boxing story, which means most of the time, always based on Rocky.

I actually stopped playing this game back in 2012 because the final boss is fucking impossible. Then I just recently found out that what I was supposed to do is survive 7 rounds, THEN I can finally beat the boss. Once I found that out, it's still a tough boss to beat because of his infinite health and ridiculous damage this guy give out which means if you're unlucky, he can beat you down in just 3 punches.

60) Hand of Fate

A great game that mixes Dungeons and Dragons, a bit of Arkham series combat, roguelike and card based game where encounters, your weapon and armor are determined by the card collections that you have. And your goal is to beat several stages with specific bosses to beat, until you eventually beat the final boss. And that means you have to beat every single bosses you have beaten while fighting the final boss. Hate it when games do that, like, why not have the final boss be an actual final boss where he fights you one on one with great skills that makes him great to fight? Oh well, maybe Hand of Fate 2 will make that a reality.

61) The Little Acre

Love this game's artstyle. So fluid and rotoscope ey. And it's one of the more easy point and click adventure I have played. And that's a good thing because I rather play a point and click puzzle game with quick progression and simple to crack puzzles than the ones that takes 10 trial and errors and bullshit complicated solutions. It has a simple story and likeable characters, with 2 different worlds to visit which changes the appearance of the characters depending on where they are. So in one world the characters will look like this

med_The_Little_Acre_Screenshot2.jpg and in the other they will look like this.

the-little-acre-screenshot1.jpg

There's 2 characters you play as: the yellow haired guy Aidan, and his daughter Lily who may look a bit like a boy at first glance, but she's a girl. The story flows really fast and doesn't drag on. Like when you finish one puzzle and move on to the next area, you immediately change character, and it alternates between two of them until the end. I like this. Unfortunately the game is only 2 hours long, but I don't mind it. Everything in this game is so cute! Especially this adorable creature. Look at this!

TheLittleAcreFeatured.png

Aww, who's a cute giant bug? You are! Yes you are!

Alright, I'm back baby!

1) Steam World Dig          Platform: Vita

A cute little Metroidvania/Dig Dug game that could last you around 5-6 hours. The story is a bit meh, but the characters are memorable enough.

2) Steam World Heist          Platform: Vita

It's pretty much a more forgiving 2-D X-Com like game with tons of flashy characters. Granted you can beat this within 8 or so hours depending on your skill and difficulty.

3) Darkest Dungeon *Updated*  Platform: Vita/PS4

As I mentioned in my old review, I really enjoyed this game, but the RNG and the endgame can lead to a slow frustratingly crawl. Now that the update is here, I can give it a more fair review.  Within the update, there are now difficulty modes as well as better balanced elements within the game. These two difficulties are Radiant (which is still challenging, but a hell of a lot more forgiving than the vanilla) and Stygian mode (which is just ng + difficulty where you have both a time and hero death limits). I'm not going to repeat all of the positive things about this game (see my first review), but I can easily recommend this to anyone who loves both rogues and RPGs.

4) Berserk and the Band of the Hawk  Platform: PS4/Vita

It's a pretty fun Musou game. Granted, the Endless Tower Mode can be a slog at times (Especially Casca......) if you want to unlock the good stuff  and the character roster is disappointingly small (which is sad because I wanted to play my kissboy Skull Knight T_T ), but it mostly stays true to the source material and the rewards are somewhat fulfilling depending on that particular character.

5) Crypt of the Necrodancer  Platform: PS4/Vita

A fun, catchy, rogue-like game where you have to explore dungeons and fight monsters on beat. Pro tip: Don't play the Bard.

6) Silent Hill Book of Memories    Platform: Vita

When it first came out, I avoided it like a plague. That was until a few years later, I caved in and bought the game and......it wasn't as bad as I thought. It's a nice little diablo(ish) clone, the characters are a bit colorful, and..that's all I can pretty much say. The story isn't that memorable (extremely short on top of that), and the music is passible at best. I would say try the demo out, and see if it's worth your time or not.

7/8) Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars/ Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed             Platform: Vita

.......:mellow:

Completed: MechCommander 2

Improved graphics, combat options, customization, new mechs, and adds pilot skills and medals. Can call in support by spending money rather than being assigned them. Easier to capture enemy mechs as you can see a pilot eject before it is destroyed. Order improvements from MC Gold have been added as well as additional movement modes. AI has been improved somewhat and mechs move around more in combat, though they can still have trouble maintaining set combat distance. AI still an issue, gameplay is going to be sending your large mech group to fight a few units before they can group up effectively to come after you.

Completed: Sorcery!

Well written gamebook that gives you more options than most games in the genre thanks to a variety of choices and your ability to use a variety of spells to effect situations. The first part has you leaving your home area to reach a large city with different paths and situations you can get into along the way. Items, allies, and abilities gained carries over into the 2nd game. Ability to rewind time allows you to view other events and outcomes without having to restart. Good combat descriptions. It's easy to see why this series was so well received and this first one is the most basic of the four.

Completed: Sorcery! Part 2

Longer and many more options than the previous game with this part taking place in a large city to explore full of clues to gather, side activities, and possible allies (some available based on previous actions). Still very well written and a variety of spells that can effect situations differently even in funny or more evil ways. The dice game gets pretty boring if you want to win as much money as possible but nice that you talk during them.

Gravity Rush 2 - Playstation 4 (Lost track how long it took)

Youtube Playlist: 

Really enjoyed the game, definitely had more fun with this over the first one. Though there are a ton of "WTF!!" moments which I totally didn't expect in the main story. The gameplay is more of the first, with the addition of switching between normal, Lunar and Jupiter style. Pretty creative, and the names of the styles make a lot of sense too.

I would've liked to have more variety on the Nevi enemies, since they're pretty much the same as the first game. Also wouldn't have minded having less human type enemies to fight too. Also wasn't that fond of having a picture and asking NPC's help to find a specific place or person. Besides travelling from place to place, that's the stuff I cut out the most, before I just streamed the last parts of it.

As much as I liked the main game, I liked the DLC, The Ark of Time - Raven's Choice, even more. The story of it hit me real good by the end. Also love how different Raven plays from Kat too. It was short, but damn if it wasn't a great story. It takes place between the end of the first game and before the second game starts too. It explains why neither Kat or Raven knows characters or why some characters didn't make an appearance too.

Gotta be honest too, back when they first announced this, I thought there was gonna be co-op where one player will be Kat and the other will be Raven. But having played this, I'm pretty cool with the final product. I'm still not so sure about the whole Dusty Tokens thing though. Sure, there's no problem obtaining them with the game still sort of new and fresh. But what happens years from now when there's very few people playing this? Needing other people in order to get the Dusty Tokens, whether it be from finding treasure from clues you leave or rating your pictures may be problematic as time goes by. I don't know if the developers planned for that or anything.

Really happy about this game and how this turned out, despite the parts that I didn't enjoy as much.

Completed: Fire Emblem Fates Birthright
Platform: 3DS

Still a big improvement on Awakening but I didn't find it to be as good as Conquest with mostly less interesting maps, characters, and the ability to gain experience and money in DLC or challenge maps removes some of the balance from the game (challenge maps also aren't very well made) but it still ends up being more balanced than Awakening was and you aren't forced to fight random battles like you would be during Awakening's map travel. Having played both Conquest and Birthright you do see some similar or identical main story maps that just have different character placement and story scenes, also have to replay some of the same side chapters to get child characters that I did in Conquest (the same would be true if I played Birthright and then Conquest) and it does kind of hurt the overall enjoyment of the game if you plan to play all three parts.

Game: Binary Domain

Time: 9 hours

Platform: PC

I enjoyed this. I went into it thinking it would be a relatively generic 3rd-person shooter with a mediocre story, but I was surprised how likeable and memorable the characters were. The game didn't take any of the plot twists I expected and instead took a few ones I didn't expect. But what I really enjoyed was how the various enemies reacted to which body parts were damaged: blowing off legs made them crawl, partially destroying legs made them limp, and so on. It really helped sell them as robots who couldn't feel pain.  The two main problems is how it dumped a lot of plot twist exposition in the final act and how the final boss was someone who, while established early on in the game, was given no buildup as a villain and just popped in to say, "Surprise, I'm suddenly a bad guy now!" I would add the sequel-beg of an ending, but quite frankly the game deserves a sequel.

All in all, a very fun game.

Vanquish - PC - 5 Hours

Never touched this on the PS3, really happy to play it on the PC. Though this is the first time I played it, I've seen videos of this from various sources.

Gotta love the fast speed in this, with all the sliding and slow-mo. I don't think I noticed the higher framerate while playing, but my viewers on Twitch can confirm that things were going at 60FPS, when I asked. I first tried it with the Keyboard and Mouse, but eventually went on to the Controller since I couldn't do the QTE's properly without it. This thing is Platinum Games through and through with all the crazy awesomeness going on in the screen and awesome boss fights. Some of which kicked my ass a lot. The designs of the bosses were real fun to look at too. There's a bunch of weapons, but I found myself sticking to just a few.

I really wasn't expecting it to be only Five Acts.

Completed: Fire Emblem Fates Revelation
Platform: 3DS

The final path of Fire Emblem fates suffers from having the worst story, less main chapters, and more reused maps (though with plot and enemy differences) compared to the other two games. It ends up having the most amount of content by bringing all of the units together from both games which also allows for new support conversations, you also get to play all the side chapters to get all the child characters (though this has now gotten boring with it being the second or third time seeing the same map and story scenario, you will also hit levels caps and unlock final abilities some time before the game ends if you play all of these), your extremely large roster also means that you aren't going to be using most of the characters.

Game: STASIS

Play Time: 5.6 hrs

A very cool isometric point-and-click game by The Brotherhood. After the prequel CAYNE (which came after this one, funnily enough), my hopes for this game were high, and luckily it met them. Visuals and sound design were top-notch. Music was also great for the most part. Voice acting could have been improved in a few places, but it wasn't ear-gratingly bad at any point. That and it didn't have the volume inconsistency problem of the follow-up, thankfully. Gameplay was enjoyable overall, counting out the few instances where I had to backtrack ridiculous distances and/or amounts of times.

Game: Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

Play Time: ~22 hrs

It's not hard to see why so many people regard this as one of the best FPSs, if not one of the best games ever. Story was overall interesting and very deep, to say the least - I could go as far as to describe it as a glorious mess. Voice acting was great, even topping some of today's AAA titles, which is rather surprising for a game so heavy on dialogue. The rest of the sound department was great too, especially the soundtrack. Visuals were saddeningly monotonous and haven't aged very well, though. But the big draw in this game for me, and understandably for many others, was the gameplay. It emphasized stealthiness while exercising creativity in ways I haven't seen many other games pull off, at least not very well. And it provided many intense and satisfying moments, as well as some "OH COME THE FUCK ON" moments. Fun experience overall.

62) Bot Vice

A cool game that brings back the memories of the fairly obscure game Wild Guns

Only instead of it being like this, it's more like Time Crisis, since it has the cover system and similar multiple weapons to pick. Shotgun, machine gun, grenade launcher, that's totally Time Crisis! Well except the flamethrower and the rocket launcher. That's different.

This game is pretty difficult the first time you play it, but once you get to the groove of the game and know how to take cover and dodge roll to avoid getting shot at, you're able to breeze through the many stages quite fast. And "fast" is the name of the game because the entire 25 stages of this game have to be beaten in under 40 minutes or it's game over. Luckily if you screw up and finish a stage too long, you can infinitely replay the stage until you beat it really fast, optimally under 1 minute. I definitely recommend using a controller playing this game, because using the keyboard to play is rather tricky.

63) Tekken 7

Fuck the singleplayer content of this game. It is an insult to Tekken 4 - 6 before that has WAY more stuff and diversity. I beat the "Mishima story mode" and the pathetic "character story" which is just a 1 round battle to unlock character endings in under 3 hours, and by endings I mean the most pathetic endings in Tekken history since it's more like the interlude cutscenes from Tekken 5. Only very few of these even qualifies as endings, like Jack- 7's and Miguels. They're not even trying with this shit!

But the multiplayer is a fucking blast. This is without a doubt the best fighting game multiplayer out of all the games out right now. Injustice? Street Fighter V? They both have problems with lag inputs sometimes, even if the connection is listed as great. This game? Playing online with other players is like playing at home against your family members, or friends. No input lags and the only way to win is through your own skills without exploiting connection issues. Fucking excellent.

Don't play this game for the singleplayer because it's going to disappoint you. Play this game for the multiplayer, and then forget about the time or cleaning your house.

ICO - PS2 - 10 Hours

Another classic I missed out on when it came out. Totally get why it's revered as it is now that I've played it. It's easy to see why people look forward to Team Ico's games when this is their first outing.

The puzzles in this were straight forward. What I had trouble with is finding out where to go next usually. There were also the rare parts where I didn't know a certain mechanic was in the game too. The whole thing's pretty much an escort mission, but it doesn't get as aggravating as some of those kinds of missions in other games. Gotta love the tension of having to go and get Yorda out of the shadow hole the enemies are dragging her into, and I've gotten into some close calls for that. I also liked the final confrontation with that boss too.

During the stream, one of my younger viewers was saying how he didn't like there was no music in a lot of the game, compared to something like Zelda. Explained to him that this game was being atmospheric, and that not all games needed music going on 100% of the time.

The after credits scene made me go "Wuuuut?? How?" though. Sure that's a nice way to end it, but it raised some questions in my head.

Game: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Play Time: 10.7 hrs

Overall, this is an admirable follow-up from Risky's Revenge. Art style was pleasing to look at and the animations were spot-on. Sound design and music were awesome. Gameplay was fun for the most part. The Metroidvania-style progression made revisiting islands fun, especially with the taunting and hard-to-reach Heart Squids, of which I wanted to find as many as I could. Some sections had me look up a walkthrough since the game didn't so much as hint towards what I was supposed to do next, but luckily they were few and far between. Fuck that trial-and-error bullshit on the way to fight the Pirate Master, though.