• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Nitronik2

Game of the Year 2013

Game of the Year 2013   200 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you think will win?

• GTA V
    • The Last of Us
    • Bioshock Infinite

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

127 posts in this topic

So 2013 will probably be the last year a 7th generation game will be awarded GOTY. I think the main competitors are the one listed above and the ones that will win most of these awards, although there are other good games (Ex Fire Emblem: Awakening).

In my opinion, 2013 have been a great year for gaming although there have been some exceptions (Colonial Marines, Ride to Hell, etc). So  to end with, I would like to know what the AJSA community thinks which game is GOTY in their opinion.

Halbin likes this

I would have to go with GTA 5

I have to say The Last Of Us. I played on hard, and got really into it. The game is something else, made you care about the characters and you were invested in them.  Ive had a hard time playing games since this game cause it seems like they cant stack up. 

I can really see The Last of Us getting the GOTY this year, it had great gameplay, story and quality.

Oracle7 and brubp99 like this

GTA 5 was a fun and great game but TLOU is one of the best experiences I have this gen. The atmosphere is just phenomenal, the story is straightforward but perfectly executed and well acted. The gameplay and mechanic, even though not innovative, works great. Every encounter was brutal, hard (on Hard/Survivor), and tense. And surprisingly I love the mp even though I don't like mp in general. 

brubp99 likes this

Haven't played GTA 5 and I didn't like the other two.

Fire Emblem Awakening is my favorite now. Haven't played it but Europa Universalis 4 might make it when I do.

GTA V, though It wouldn't surprise me if The Last of US won!

brubp99 likes this

I voted GTA 5, because of it being the largest and most involved fun games i have played for a long time.  The Last Of Us does seem like an epic game from what I have seen in game-play videos, and it was fun just to watch even, but since i don't own a platform to play it on i never had the joy of experiencing it first hand.  Also i always was more drawn to the open world sandbox types, and RPGs in games.  Which i may be wrong seeing how i again never played it, but last of us seems to be a straight forward story game where my enjoyment is over after the game reaches it conclusion, and would be ready to trade in afterwards.  Like a awesome movie sorta speak, except i wouldn't wanna take the weeks to watch it again.

hornedturtle likes this

Were da hell is callotuuty und day one: garry's drunken hazardddddhh???!?!?!?!??!+1+1

Seriously this time. Metro:LL had interesting story, best immersion in the last few years and the best looking graphics. Overall, the game was great on every aspect. The year haven't ended yet, so there might come some surprises.

I really cant decide between them but i would go for the last of us because that game is stuck in my mind all the time and with gta v i think what im going to blow up later but i cant deny the story of bioshock and gtav are but the story of TLOU its just unique but form its story telling not from its genre obviously, but anyway i liked more the last of us than bioshock and gta

Wow, there is a close fight between TLOU and GTA V. I have played the 3 of them and my favorite is TLOU then GTA V. Bioshock Infinite have slipped out of the GOTY conversations I suppose.

I would have to go with GTA 5

to be honest, not being a big GTA fan myself, id say GTA V was a great success HOWEVER ill have to go with The Last Of Us, a very simplistic yet meaningful game thats (IMO) underrated at some point :P

brubp99 likes this

I haven't played GTA V yet, but I'd have to go wtih Bioshock Infinite. That game had a great story, solid gameplay, and is one of the few modern console games that I have actually played through multiple times. It's a fantastic game and I'm very surprised to see so little love for it here.

Last of Us was okay, it had a decent story, but I just couldn't get into the gameplay, but that was just me. My opinion may change when I get around to GTA V, but so far Infinite is the best game I've played this year.

I'm gonna have to go with GTA V

Payday 2?

Or Xcom

LEGO Marvel Superheroes was the best game ever! I mean GTA 5 and The Last of is were good I guess.

Well ultimately I think it's going to come down to it being between The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, and GTA V.

For me, I'm leaning towards The Last of Us. I wasn't a big fan of Bioshock Infinite, and well I just have never been a fan of the GTA series.

GTA V purely cause it was multi console compared to TLOU 

but its a toss up for many people

I really loved the last of us straight from go i put it on the hardest settings an took my time exploring every little area it took me awhile being quiet an stuff to finish it just loved the story and the characters made me feel something for the first time in awhile in games,

But i think gta will get it because its more open, i loved gta but i wish there was more hesits or something i duno it just feels to me alot of the stuff from older games were taken out i want more fun mini games other then tennis or golf, i guess im waiting for online heists to happen...

Give me a game that is like last of us but a huge open world and as good of a story as it was not just going around taking over strongholds etc. Maybe next gen will do something like this.. lol

As for bioshock never got hyped about these games really never could finish the first 1 dont like the style.

Dudes it's all about Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch, Bros and Gals!

derrk likes this

This is a hard choice between GTA5 and The last of us. They were both amazing games! Not saying bio shock was not great... just did not play with my feelings like the others did.

BioShock Infinite is a great game and my current GotY.

I really loved the last of us straight from go i put it on the hardest settings an took my time exploring every little area it took me awhile being quiet an stuff to finish it just loved the story and the characters made me feel something for the first time in awhile in games,

But i think gta will get it because its more open, i loved gta but i wish there was more hesits or something i duno it just feels to me alot of the stuff from older games were taken out i want more fun mini games other then tennis or golf, i guess im waiting for online heists to happen...

Give me a game that is like last of us but a huge open world and as good of a story as it was not just going around taking over strongholds etc. Maybe next gen will do something like this.. lol

As for bioshock never got hyped about these games really never could finish the first 1 dont like the style.

I was one of those people at first who were like ''only 6 heists?'' but then I realized you can't really put so many in without them becoming repetitive, especially if they were side missions. I am hoping for a North Yankton/prequel DLC myself, so we can get classic bank robberies.

Also, TLoU would not work as an open world game, at all tbh. It's just not a game that's crafted to be one.