• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Nitronik2

Game of the Year 2013

Game of the Year 2013   200 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you think will win?

• GTA V
    • The Last of Us
    • Bioshock Infinite

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

127 posts in this topic

Gotta go with GTA V. Haven't played the other two.

Haven't played any of those games. My choice would probably be 'Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds' but probably it's not gritty enough.

pureimagination likes this

For me, The Last of Us is GOTY. It's rare to find such a complete game that excels in pretty much every aspect: the storytelling, design, soundtrack, characters, gameplay are all top-notch. But I also want to give some love to Fire Emblem: Awakening, which was released in English this year. A fantastic game that ties your tactics and strategies to the narrative, with high replay value and addictive gameplay. I thought it was a much more satisfying and rewarding experience than other good games I've played this year, like Bioshock Infinite or GTA V.

I would have to pick Last of Us. GTA V was fun and everything, but it didn't have the same atmosphere as LOU. LOU made you actually care about the characters and become more immersed in the world than GTA V did. I would freak out whenever i heard a clicking noise for about a day after I played the game. Also, LOU had good, and working multiplayer when it launched, unlike GTA V. Now Bioshock: Infinite had a great story and everything, but its gameplay was too lack luster to compete with GTA V and LOU for GOTY

Well I'd also say Aliens: Colonial marines as well as Injustice-Gods amaong us, or DCU online and not forgeting Skyrim

In my opinion, by far the GTAV ... for graphics, story, gameplay and replayability will surely be GOTY.

I feel like I shouldnt have voted.

GTA V is a great game until you start realizing whats not n the game and it starts becoming a disappointment.

The Last Of Us. God, I love this game. :3

Bioshock. HAven't played it but I just got it.

pureimagination likes this

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

I know that I'm gonna get some backlash for this, but still. AC4 was such a huge improvement over AC3. Nothing too innovative, but I thought it was a fantastic, beautiful and rich game that definitely improved over the shallowness of AC3. Things like improved combat, really enjoyable character, and the upgraded naval combat--with free-roaming--earns AC4 as the game of the year for me.

Grandmthethird likes this

of the three, only played infinite.

think it's overrated.

linear world, over-mysterious story, boring combat, lazy story-telling (80+ sound bites?!), and ultimately needs Bioshock 1 to prop itself up (the ending, then the recent DLC)

You forgot Arkham origins and TombRaider2013

The ones listed above are the ones that will win most of the awards, I think. There were other good games this year but I'm talking about the top contenders.

What I believe is the top contenders are fat 5 tombraider and last of us, bioshock.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

I know that I'm gonna get some backlash for this, but still. AC4 was such a huge improvement over AC3. Nothing too innovative, but I thought it was a fantastic, beautiful and rich game that definitely improved over the shallowness of AC3. Things like improved combat, really enjoyable character, and the upgraded naval combat--with free-roaming--earns AC4 as the game of the year for me.

I don't see why you expect a backlash. This is the best AC game that i played in i don't know how long. It almost feels like te purposely Mad AC3 a terribad game just so this one would blow everyone away with how great it is. It could easily be my favorite game of the year, or maybe i'm just happy i have something worth playing on my PS4

I've have to say The Last of Us.

After replaying all my candidates, I will sadly drop GTA 5 since I felt like maybe it's the hype that got me on it (during that time I just finished it) and overall I think it's a good game but honestly the gameplay is wonky (which is sad given how superb MP3 was), side contents are shallow, the story is a bit meh (great side missions though) but the world itself is great though. I would say:

1. Last of Us
2. Legend of Zelda: ALBW
3. Fire Emblem
4. Ni No Kuni
5. Tearaway
6. Dota 2
7. Papers Please

8. GTA 5

9. Bioshock Infinite

10. Assassin's Creed 4

I only played GTA5 and it was amazing, still playing it infact, I like the odd rampage! 

I have The last of us on its way to me in the post, can't fecking wait to get stuck into it!

As a side note, Rome 2 for the most disappointing of the year

How did Bio-shock get on this list. its an ok game, but i've heard no1 saying its game of the year material. I would put Rogue Legacy before Bio-shock. Impressive graphics don't make up for boring gameplay 

Acordding to this blog http://gotypicks.blogspot.com/ The last of us game of the year award recently had pass Skyrim game of the year award (Skyrim recieved 226 awards, The Last of Us recieved 227 awards).

Oracle7 likes this

I don't see Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons on this poll. But I chose TLOU, my GOTY along with Brothers.

I'm going to go with the easy route and say The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. TLOU had a great story, graphics, voice acting and a fantastic soundtrack. However, I feel that Bioshock also had that as well as better gameplay. Personally, I just cannot decide.

GTA V, though The Last of Us will win. Both are great games, just GTA V was such a way to end the 7th console generation and also, it was a FUN game.

I can really see The Last of Us getting the GOTY this year, it had great gameplay, story and quality.

Same here, I honestly liked it cause Joel and Ellie together reminded me so much of Lee and Clementine from the Walking Dead game.