• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cool breeze

COD Infinite Warfare...why the hate??

12 posts in this topic

I just finished playing the campaign and fell in love with the voice acting, the storyline & game play....This was a great improvement over this developers last game which was COD Ghost...I am not really a MP guy but I do play the BOT MP so I am not bothered with trying to find rooms or deal with campers...I love the MP BOT maps...

I am just hearing things because a lot of people did not like this game?? What gives??

Because it's COD.

Well, at least you enjoyed it. It would be a waste if you didn't.

cool breeze likes this

I've heard the campaign is pretty good so I'd pick up the game at a discount for that because I don't really care to mutch about multiplayer either.  Activision have gone mad with the greed lately which is part of the reason I wouldn't play the multiplayer and some (not me) seem have gotten sick of the futuristic, jet pack type concept.

For this particular release I think it's mostly the poor marketing and decisions when it comes to both infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered with regards to microtransactions and refusing to sell MWR as a separate title.

They've been doing whatever they can to squeeze as much profit out of every sale of each individual copy of the game as possible, but it's further alienated them from the gaming community and I think ultimately done themselves more harm then good.

cool breeze likes this

7 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I've heard the campaign is pretty good so I'd pick up the game at a discount for that because I don't really care to mutch about multiplayer either.  Activision have gone mad with the greed lately which is part of the reason I wouldn't play the multiplayer and some (not me) seem have gotten sick of the futuristic, jet pack type concept.

For this particular release I think it's mostly the poor marketing and decisions when it comes to both infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered with regards to microtransactions and refusing to sell MWR as a separate title.

They've been doing whatever they can to squeeze as much profit out of every sale of each individual copy of the game as possible, but it's further alienated them from the gaming community and I think ultimately done themselves more harm then good.

I agree with that....I was not excited about the game especially after that shit show Black Ops Series  and COD Ghost...I play mainly campaigns and don't really care for the MP part of it.  I do believe with the multiple releases of the FPS this holiday season  really hurt them as well....They need to bring back the demo games of Xbox days...seems everything is pre-order but you can't test the games out anymore..

Crazycrab likes this

People like to complain about games they don't like. Most of the people actively complaining about CoD end up playing it anyway or playing other games similar or with the same business practices so I assume they have no self awareness or just do it to be annoying.

When it comes to game critics I've heard very positive things about the campaign for the most part, for it's settings, space battles, character diversity, your ship. Only negative I've heard is that Jon Snow wasn't a very good actor in it. Maybe some negatives for the new weapon unlocks in multiplayer taking away some balance but not much else.

cool breeze likes this

41 minutes ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

People like to complain about games they don't like. Most of the people actively complaining about CoD end up playing it anyway or playing other games similar or with the same business practices so I assume they have no self awareness or just do it to be annoying.

Yep that's exactly why I do it. I play (almost) every CoD that gets released because my brother buys them; otherwise it's a series I'd just feel kind of Meh about.

I think moreover why 'real' fans of the series complain is likely because they feel like the multiplayer hasn't really changed all that much since MW2. There's still killstreaks, weapons are unlockable (be it through time or points) and everyone has a shitty mic. The exception this time was the campaign being phenomenal -- at least by CoD standards -- of course but again, speaking purely where multiplayer is concerned it hasn't really changed much with the exception of Jetpacks (which we already had in Advanced Warfare) and grenade timers inspired by... Predator?

Which while that's cool and all doesn't really change much about how you play since using your jetpack still gives away your position (which is why I almost never use it) and grenades are pretty much useless unless you chuck them into the enemy spawn.

I dunno, maybe if they slowed the pace down a bit and added more unique gamemodes it'd be a different story for me but otherwise it's just an average shooter as far as I'm concerned, but hey if you like it that's fine.

TLDR; I don't hate it, I just don't love it either.

cool breeze likes this

The big hate about it lately came because of competition as well. Many got tired of same settings  that COD keeps repeating with the futuristic stuff and not listening to their fans for years. This wasn't just about milking the series, it was just that - ignoring your fanbase. 

Being in direct competition: I would say Battlefield 1 hit hard in that aspect when they announced BF1 in historic setting because it was demanded for a few years and they delivered. I don't think it had any direct impact with COD hate, but it had some influence for sure. Then as Crabs said, it had a lot to do with how Remastered was marketed and sold.

It was just a fucked up bunch of marketing and design decisions. 

I'm not a fan of the series.  I used to love it, COD: MW, MW2 and first BO, but after that, it just got same and same for me. MP and SP were all crap. IW wasn't that bad with SP imo, but they ruined the MP a lot with the microtransactions, horrible PC launch and further.  

Hated or not, money is there so don't be surprised, if another one comes. I always have the saying: if you truly enjoy it, buy it and play it and if you don't, stay the fuck away and don't stick your nose in it or complain that you don't like it.

cool breeze likes this

On 1/2/2017 at 3:33 PM, cool breeze said:

I just finished playing the campaign and fell in love with the voice acting, the storyline & game play....This was a great improvement over this developers last game which was COD Ghost...I am not really a MP guy but I do play the BOT MP so I am not bothered with trying to find rooms or deal with campers...I love the MP BOT maps...

I am just hearing things because a lot of people did not like this game?? What gives??

I honestly feel that the words 'Call of Duty' is why it has not sold. This game as a separate franchise would have worked well. It is a universe I hope they use again.

cool breeze likes this

On 1/6/2017 at 2:21 PM, TattyBooJangles said:

I honestly feel that the words 'Call of Duty' is why it has not sold. This game as a separate franchise would have worked well. It is a universe I hope they use again.

Absolutely...I would love to see more of this storyline, and it felt more like the "MOH" series(medal of honor)...I know that there is a small portion that liked those games I for one one both of them...

I do believe thought that Activision is killing the franchise. It is becoming more templated each year. I did enjoy this title though and hope these companies one day break off and make something this good but better then the brand CoD deserves right now.

I liked the campaign, though too short in my opinion, and the multiplayer means nothing to me sooooo.

Because there are alot of old school fans that hate Activision for not listening to them for once . cod is not what it used to be and they don't care how the fans want it to be no matter how many feedbacks we throw at them they don't care and people will probably keep hating them it's pretty simple, cod infinite fails in what it tries to do the game tries to build a fake atmosphere to make you feel that cod is still the same old thing but it's not , the game has changed alot since the older versions like mw3 i swear the god by the time COD mw3 was out no one even talked about other first person shooters and honestly when you try to make a game like cod in the future it's not gonna be any good the very basic foundations of call of duty limit it to the ww1 and 2 and that's why it's not gonna be a good game anytime soon