• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Cyborg-Rox

Processor Problems (maybe?)

27 posts in this topic

So last year I upgraded my computer with a new CPU and GPU. The old ones I had were GeForece GTX 650, and Intel Pentium G2030, and the new ones I got were GeForce 970 and Intel i5-3570k. They both work fantastically, as I can perfectly run games like Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and DOOM.

However, when I play GTA V,  after a couple of hours of completely smooth frames on max settings, it will start stuttering horrendously when driving longer distances, crashing, shooting / getting shot etc, and it's really annoying. I fear this might be a problem with my new processor, as I bought it used (the graphics card was used too, but very little, and it was handled pretty professionally imo).

What do you guys think? Should I run some diagnostics or something to get a more accurate estimate of the problem I'm having? In that case, what tools should I use for that?

Uh, I don't know any tools, but see if you can use those programs that calculate your CPU usage and GPU usage and temp in-games and see if your CPU is working on 100% while playing GTA5. You can also alt tab and see here

cca4f26ec8cf4ae989ccd6907a38c152.png

Tho sometimes when you alt tab, the CPU usage decreases so it's not the best way to check it. If your CPU goes insane only with GTA5, it doesn't have to be directly a CPU issue, could be something with the game.

And yeah use the diagnostic tool that Crabs suggested.

@Crazycrab @Apex Spartan

Alright, so I ran the program Crab suggested, and it passed on everything. Also, I used Process Explorer to track performance during some game testing. 

After about an hour of playing DOOM on High graphics settings, this is the results:

mxnWlLA.png

After about an hour of playing GTA V on low settings (using about 25% of the video memory) this is the results:

rtSYyvW.png

And it was just barely starting to stutter. It can get much worse if I play it long enough.

So,what's the verdict?

Most games are GPU intensive, as in the system spends most of its time processing visuals and other stuff in the field of view of the camera.  GTAV and some other open world games are a bit different in that they run tons of calculations for AI and physics that arn't necessarily in response to the input of the player or are in the field of view.  That makes it MUCH more CPU intensive than a game like DOOM even though DOOM is newer and has better graphics.

That would explain why GTA5 is struggling and other newer games like DOOM arn't.  It's also why turning down the graphics isn't helping much since the bulk of that work is done by the GPU.  If the CPU is otherwise working fine then it might just not be able for this game which does seem a bit strange for a not exactly new but still quite modern i5.

If you haven't already I recommend trying the following:

1:  Do a clean re-install of the game removing any mods, back up and keep just the one save file if possible.

2:  In Windows close and/or disable all but the absolutely necessary background processes and applications.

3:  Instead of lowering the graphics settings try disabling or lowering other CPU intensive effects like Ambient Occlusion, population and vehicle density, detail distance and so on.

4:  Overclock the CPU, I've read reports of some overclockers going to well over 4GHz without any problems but this depends to a large extent on what cooler your using.

If none of that works then only other option would be to upgrade.  I've looked Into it and really the only other chip worth considering that fits that socket is the i7-3770K.  Anything else would need a motherboard change.

Rain likes this

13 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Most games are GPU intensive, as in the system spends most of its time processing visuals and other stuff in the field of view of the camera.  GTAV and some other open world games are a bit different in that they run tons of calculations for AI and physics that arn't necessarily in response to the input of the player or are in the field of view.  That makes it MUCH more CPU intensive than a game like DOOM even though DOOM is newer and has better graphics.

That would explain why GTA5 is struggling and other newer games like DOOM arn't.  It's also why turning down the graphics isn't helping much since the bulk of that work is done by the GPU.  If the CPU is otherwise working fine then it might just not be able for this game which does seem a bit strange for a not exactly new but still quite modern i5.

If you haven't already I recommend trying the following:

1:  Do a clean re-install of the game removing any mods, back up and keep just the one save file if possible.

2:  In Windows close and/or disable all but the absolutely necessary background processes and applications.

3:  Instead of lowering the graphics settings try disabling or lowering other CPU intensive effects like Ambient Occlusion, population and vehicle density, detail distance and so on.

4:  Overclock the CPU, I've read reports of some overclockers going to well over 4GHz without any problems but this depends to a large extent on what cooler your using.

If none of that works then only other option would be to upgrade.  I've looked Into it and really the only other chip worth considering that fits that socket is the i7-3770K.  Anything else would need a motherboard change.

Thanks, this is really helpful!

I've only had GTA installed for around 4 months though, with no mods or anything. I've also already made sure nothing's big's been unnecessarily taking up processing power, and absolutely all graphics options are either at their lowest possible, or disabled, including everything you mentioned.

I don't know much about overclocking, but isn't it something you should generally avoid? I see people selling CPUs writing "never overclocked" as if that makes such a big difference.

And finally, how does the i7-3770k perform compared to the i5-3570k? Does it need much more power, or cooling?

14 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Thanks, this is really helpful!

I've only had GTA installed for around 4 months though, with no mods or anything. I've also already made sure nothing's big's been unnecessarily taking up processing power, and absolutely all graphics options are either at their lowest possible, or disabled, including everything you mentioned.

I don't know much about overclocking, but isn't it something you should generally avoid? I see people selling CPUs writing "never overclocked" as if that makes such a big difference.

And finally, how does the i7-3770k perform compared to the i5-3570k? Does it need much more power, or cooling?

Overclocking increases power consumption, heat output can wear it out faster but on CPU's it's generally not a problem.  In any case you need only try it out for an hour or two and then you will know it's helping.  If it doesn't then just go back to the base clock.

The power consumption on the I7-3770K is only marginally more than the I5-3750K so a straight swap shouldn't be a problem.

On 1/14/2017 at 7:52 AM, Cyborg-Rox said:

So last year I upgraded my computer with a new CPU and GPU. The old ones I had were GeForece GTX 650, and Intel Pentium G2030, and the new ones I got were GeForce 970 and Intel i5-3570k. They both work fantastically, as I can perfectly run games like Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and DOOM.

However, when I play GTA V,  after a couple of hours of completely smooth frames on max settings, it will start stuttering horrendously when driving longer distances, crashing, shooting / getting shot etc, and it's really annoying. I fear this might be a problem with my new processor, as I bought it used (the graphics card was used too, but very little, and it was handled pretty professionally imo).

What do you guys think? Should I run some diagnostics or something to get a more accurate estimate of the problem I'm having? In that case, what tools should I use for that?

I'm pretty late but to me this seems like a tempeture problem I would check your CPU temp if it gets too hot it will throttle and you'll loose performance

9 hours ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

what OS are you using?

Windows 10

try this:

- turn off DVR in the Xbox app

- boost the network Throttling:

Open regedit
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
Reboot"

- in the BIOS/UEFI check if your RAM has the right timings. Most Mainboards today have a XMP / Profile 1 option, which auto sets the RAM timings

- Download Afterburner and check (while in game) the CPU Temps

- Download Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4, go to "privacy" and deactivate all telemetry transfer

- Download timer tool and check your correct Win10 timings (should be 0.5ms - 1ms)

- Download Latency Tool and check if you have spikes in the Red (while playing). 

- deactivate unecessary Win10 autostart apps

- deactivate unecessary Win10 Services

Crazycrab likes this

How much RAM do you have in your system?

On 4/15/2017 at 5:55 PM, JTeknica said:

How much RAM do you have in your system?

8 GB of RAM.

It's probably a RAM issue. I have this happen in games like Skyrim and the RAM capacity for the program (usually capped around 3.5GB even for 64bit) will be nearly 90% (of the cap that appears to be in place). And the game will run like asssssss. Exit out and immediately start it back up and everything's peachy.....for several hours (depending on game settings).

It's usually only in Open World games where the game doesn't completely drop everything that was loaded for the zone. MMO's seem to almost never have an issue. -- Because Skyrim suffers from it, yet ESO is fine....also seems to be the age of the open world game; Morrowind and Oblivion never have (yes, I still play them!) this! XD

99% sure there's nothing wrong with your system; 99% sure everything is squarely on RockStar for being shit at garbage collection after unloading assets.

A possible fix would be to up the memory of the system to at least 12GB. I swear by this because Lineage II ran hooorribly from 'world spawn' till the 'character selection'. The only thing I changed was going from 6GB to 12GB. Suddenly the game ran fine. Nothing else changed. I know. Because I tested it the day the RAM arrived and it still ran horribly and then replaced the 6GB with the 12GB version (same brand same model same-ish timings [varies a bit as you go up in capacity]).

So, people are always like "oh if you have 64bit OS go for 6GB minimum". Me? I'm like "do you game?"; "then 12GB.".

I would also recommend not getting naked RAM sticks (no heatsinks and cover). You really don't want un-even temperatures on: CPU, RAM, GPU. All sorts of flaky shit happens then.

2 hours ago, illutian said:

It's probably a RAM issue. I have this happen in games like Skyrim and the RAM capacity for the program (usually capped around 3.5GB even for 64bit) will be nearly 90% (of the cap that appears to be in place). And the game will run like asssssss. Exit out and immediately start it back up and everything's peachy.....for several hours (depending on game settings).

It's usually only in Open World games where the game doesn't completely drop everything that was loaded for the zone. MMO's seem to almost never have an issue. -- Because Skyrim suffers from it, yet ESO is fine....also seems to be the age of the open world game; Morrowind and Oblivion never have (yes, I still play them!) this! XD

99% sure there's nothing wrong with your system; 99% sure everything is squarely on RockStar for being shit at garbage collection after unloading assets.

A possible fix would be to up the memory of the system to at least 12GB. I swear by this because Lineage II ran hooorribly from 'world spawn' till the 'character selection'. The only thing I changed was going from 6GB to 12GB. Suddenly the game ran fine. Nothing else changed. I know. Because I tested it the day the RAM arrived and it still ran horribly and then replaced the 6GB with the 12GB version (same brand same model same-ish timings [varies a bit as you go up in capacity]).

So, people are always like "oh if you have 64bit OS go for 6GB minimum". Me? I'm like "do you game?"; "then 12GB.".

I would also recommend not getting naked RAM sticks (no heatsinks and cover). You really don't want un-even temperatures on: CPU, RAM, GPU. All sorts of flaky shit happens then.

Although adding more RAM certainly wouldn't do any harm I don't believe that is the issue unless the RAM itself is not performing correctly.  8Gb system RAM meets the minimum recommended specs The GTX 970 has 4Gb of V-RAM on board, It's very unlikely that GTA V is using all of that especially if it's the only thing running.

If it is a RAM usage issue then I found a post on the LinusTechTips forum user TheOriginalTaco that might help:

On 24/04/2015 at 0:27 AM, Demonhax said:

Are u getting this error sometimes? http://gyazo.com/60ad5d8547927fa42b4f61fb3cbf4813

i have heard alot of people had this problem. you should download this http://www.razerzone.com/cortex. I love this app and hope it serves you as well as it did me. it is a game/app optimization tool providing some simplistic resources such as fps counters and some not so simplistic tools like its diagnostic scanner.

1. restart computer

2. use your pc the way you normally would (play gta)

3. when (if) it crashes open razer cortex go to boost

4. click analyze under the diagnostic tab

this should provide some results that look similar to this just post your results on this thread and ill do my best from there.

Spoiler

Razer Cortex Diagnostics Report v2.0  Version 5.4.15.0
Date 2015/04/23 21:26:57

----------------------------------
01 - Operating System

0101 - Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
0102 - Language : English (Regional Setting: English)
0103 - BIOS : BIOS Date: 10/23/13 17:09:21 Ver: 04.06.05
0104 - Processor : Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
0105 - Memory : 12288MB RAM
0106 - Available OS Memory : 12234MB RAM
0107 - Page File : 4259MB used, 20205MB available
0108 - Windows Dir : C:\Windows
0109 - DirectX Version : DirectX 11
0110 - DX Setup Parameters : Not found
0111 - User DPI Setting : 96 DPI (100 percent)
0112 - System DPI Setting : 96 DPI (100 percent)
0113 - DWM DPI Scaling : Disabled
0114 - DxDiag Version : 6.01.7601.17514

02 - Processor

0201 - Caption : Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz x8 ~3901MHz
0202 - Current Clock Speed : 1599MHz

03 - Video Adapter

0301 - Card Name : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
0302 - Manufacturer : NVIDIA
0303 - Chiptype : GeForce GTX 970
0304 - DAC Type : Integrated RAMDAC
0305 - Device Key : Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_29783842&REV_A1
0306 - Display Memory : 4095 MB
0307 - AdapterRAM : -1048576 Byte
0308 - Current Mode : 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
0309 - Monitor Name : Generic PnP Monitor
0310 - Driver Name : nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
0311 - Driver Version : 9.18.0013.5012
0312 - Driver Language : English
0313 - DDI Version : 11
0314 - Driver Model : WDDM 1.1
0315 - Driver Beta : False
0316 - Driver Debug : False
0317 - Driver Date : 4/8/2015 20:58:18
0318 - Driver Size : 15818528
0319 - VDD : n/a
0320 - Mini VDD : n/a
0321 - Mini VDD Date : n/a
0322 - Mini VDD Size : 0
0323 - Device Identifier : {D7B71E3E-5082-11CF-6648-75091CC2C435}
0324 - Vendor ID : 0x10DE
0325 - Device ID : 0x13C2
0326 - SubSys ID : 0x29783842
0327 - Revision ID : 0x00A1
0328 - Driver Strong Name : oem36.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section144:9.18.13.5012:pci\ven_10de&dev_13c2
0329 - Rank Of Driver : 00E02001
0331 - Deinterlace Caps : {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
0332 - D3D9 Overlay : Supported
0333 - DXVA-HD : Supported
0334 - DDraw Status : Enabled
0335 - D3D Status : Enabled
0336 - AGP Status : Enabled
0337 - Notes : No problems found.

0338 - OpenGL : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

04 - Memory

0401 - Total Memory : 11.95 GB
0402 - Free Memory : 8.54 GB
0403 - Total Pagefile : 23.89 GB
0404 - Free Pagefile : 19.73 GB

0405 - Bank Label : BANK 3
0406 - Speed : 1600 MHz
0407 - Total Width : 64 Bits
0408 - Capacity : 4.00 GB

0405 - Bank Label : BANK 1

0405 - Bank Label : BANK 2

05 - Network

0501 - Description : 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
0502 - Driver Date : 11-14-2011
0503 - Driver Version : 3.2.7.0

06 - Motherboard

0601 - Model : B75M-D3H
0602 - Manufacturer : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

07 - Sound Device

0701 - Description : Speakers (ATR USB microphone )
0702 - Default Sound Playback : True
0703 - Default Voice Playback : True
0704 - Hardware ID : USB\VID_0909&PID_001A&REV_0100&MI_00
0705 - Manufacturer ID : 65535
0706 - Product ID : 65535
0707 - Type : WDM
0708 - Driver Name : USBAUDIO.sys
0709 - Driver Version : 6.01.7601.17514
0710 - Driver attributes : Final Retail
0711 - Date and Size : 11/20/2010 23:23:47
0713 - Driver Provider : Microsoft
0714 - Min/Max Sample Rate : 233711984, 233711984
0715 - Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs : 233711984, 233711984
0716 - Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs : 233711984, 233711984
0717 - HW Memory : 10240
0718 - Voice Management : False
0719 - EAX 2.0 Listen/Src : False, False
0720 - I3DL2 Listen/Src : False, False
0721 - Notes : No problems found.

0701 - Description : Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
0702 - Default Sound Playback : False
0703 - Default Voice Playback : False
0704 - Hardware ID : HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1003
0705 - Manufacturer ID : 1
0706 - Product ID : 100
0707 - Type : WDM
0708 - Driver Name : RTKVHD64.sys
0709 - Driver Version : 6.00.0001.6662
0710 - Driver attributes : Final Retail
0711 - Date and Size : 6/19/2012 04:54:20
0713 - Driver Provider : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
0714 - Min/Max Sample Rate : 233711984, 233711984
0715 - Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs : 233711984, 233711984
0716 - Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs : 233711984, 233711984
0717 - HW Memory : 10240
0718 - Voice Management : False
0719 - EAX 2.0 Listen/Src : False, False
0720 - I3DL2 Listen/Src : False, False
0721 - Notes : No problems found.

08 - Harddisk

0801 - Model : WDC WD10EADS-11M2B1 ATA Device(Western Digital)
0802 - Media Type : Fixed hard disk media
0803 - Size : 931.51 GB
0804 - Interface Type : Serial ATA

0801 - Model : LG Elect ronics. IncB-Pro USB Device
0802 - Media Type : NULL
0803 - Size : 0
0805 - Driver Date : 6-21-2006
0806 - DriverVersion : 6.1.7600.16385

0807 - Caption : C:\
0808 - Capacity : 931.41 GB
0809 - Free Space : 96.34 GB
0810 - Drive Type : 3-Fixed
0811 - File System : NTFS

0807 - Caption : E:\
0808 - Capacity : 100.00 MB
0809 - Free Space : 69.75 MB
0810 - Drive Type : 3-Fixed
0811 - File System : NTFS

09 - Process

0901 - 0000 Idle                         0 0   0          
0901 - 0004 System                       0 0   0          
0901 - 0170 smss.exe                     0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0254 csrss.exe                    0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0290 wininit.exe                  0 0   0   high   
0901 - 02cc services.exe                 0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 02fc lsass.exe                    0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0304 lsm.exe                      0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 036c svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 03b8 nvvsvc.exe                   0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 03d0 nvSCPAPISvr.exe              0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision
0901 - 03fc svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0240 svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 01cc svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 041c svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 043c svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0674 svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 06d4 wlanext.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 06dc conhost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0748 spoolsv.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0764 svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 07c0 armsvc.exe                   0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0
0901 - 07d8 AppleMobileDeviceService.exe 0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 07ec mDNSResponder.exe            0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 04e0 GfExperienceService.exe      0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 056c HeciServer.exe               0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0620 IpOverUsbSvc.exe             0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Phone Tools\CoreCon\11.0\bin
0901 - 0124 N360.exe                     0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\21.7.0.11
0901 - 04fc NvNetworkService.exe         0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NetService
0901 - 0480 nvstreamsvc.exe              0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 05ac PnkBstrA.exe                 0 0   0   normal C:\Windows\SysWOW64
0901 - 0820 RaRegistry.exe               0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink\Common
0901 - 0838 RaRegistry64.exe             0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0868 sqlwriter.exe                0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0888 svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 09ec NvStreamNetworkService.exe   0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0a3c conhost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0aa0 svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 0cbc GoogleCrashHandler.exe       0 0   0   idle   C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.26.9
0901 - 0d48 GoogleCrashHandler64.exe     0 0   0   idle   
0901 - 0fcc SearchIndexer.exe            0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 1238 jhi_service.exe              0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL
0901 - 0e30 svchost.exe                  0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 12dc LMS.exe                      0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\LMS
0901 - 13ac audiodg.exe                  0 0   0          
0901 - 05f8 csrss.exe                    2 174 83  normal 
0901 - 09d4 winlogon.exe                 2 6   0   high   
0901 - 0dcc nvxdsync.exe                 2 35  8   normal 
0901 - 13b4 nvvsvc.exe                   2 9   5   normal 
0901 - 11cc taskhost.exe                 2 14  13  normal 
0901 - 11a4 N360.exe                     2 31  47  normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\21.7.0.11
0901 - 0eb0 nvstreamsvc.exe              2 15  14  normal 
0901 - 1060 conhost.exe                  2 23  8   normal 
0901 - 1094 dwm.exe                      2 18  8   high   
0901 - 0fac explorer.exe                 2 402 254 normal 
0901 - 0380 NvBackend.exe                2 9   9   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core
0901 - 1180 RAVCpl64.exe                 2 54  19  normal 
0901 - 1108 chrome.exe                   2 378 157 normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 0590 chrome.exe                   2 9   5   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 0ad4 chrome.exe                   2 4   1   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 0e08 chrome.exe                   2 4   1   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 0e7c nvtray.exe                   2 85  4   normal 
0901 - 08a4 wmpnetwk.exe                 0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 11b0 nvspcaps64.exe               2 16  12  normal 
0901 - 0b9c chrome.exe                   2 12  1   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 0c60 chrome.exe                   2 4   1   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 085c chrome.exe                   2 140 1   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 04d4 WUDFHost.exe                 0 0   0   normal 
0901 - 05bc chrome.exe                   2 12  1   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 09d8 chrome.exe                   2 61  1   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 11c8 chrome.exe                   2 4   1   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application
0901 - 04c0 GameScannerService.exe       0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Services\GSS
0901 - 08d0 RzKLService.exe              0 0   0   normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Cortex
0901 - 1614 main.exe                     2 75  77  normal C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Cortex
0901 - 1a2c SearchProtocolHost.exe       0 0   0   idle   
0901 - 0c38 SearchFilterHost.exe         0 0   0   idle   
0901 - 1880 WmiPrvSE.exe                 0 0   0   normal 

10 - Service

1001 - Adobe Acrobat Update Service - ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe"]
1001 - Application Information - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Apple Mobile Device Service - ["C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe"]
1001 - Windows Audio Endpoint Builder - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Windows Audio - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Base Filtering Engine - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork]
1001 - Bonjour Service - ["C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe"]
1001 - Computer Browser - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Cryptographic Services - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService]
1001 - DHCP Client - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted]
1001 - DNS Client - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService]
1001 - Extensible Authentication Protocol - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Windows Event Log - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted]
1001 - COM+ Event System - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService]
1001 - Function Discovery Provider Host - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService]
1001 - Function Discovery Resource Publication - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation]
1001 - Windows Font Cache Service - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService]
1001 - NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service - ["C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience Service\GfExperienceService.exe"]
1001 - Human Interface Device Access - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - HomeGroup Provider - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted]
1001 - IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Intel® Capability Licensing Service Interface - ["C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\HeciServer.exe"]
1001 - IP Helper - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetSvcs]
1001 - Windows Phone IP over USB Transport (IpOverUsbSvc) - ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Phone Tools\CoreCon\11.0\bin\IpOverUsbSvc.exe"]
1001 - Intel® Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service - ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL\jhi_service.exe"]
1001 - CNG Key Isolation - [C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe]
1001 - Server - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Workstation - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService]
1001 - TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Intel® Management and Security Application Local Management Service - ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe"]
1001 - Multimedia Class Scheduler - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Windows Firewall - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork]
1001 - Network Connections - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Network List Service - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService]
1001 - Network Location Awareness - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService]
1001 - Network Store Interface Service - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService]
1001 - NVIDIA Network Service - ["C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NetService\NvNetworkService.exe"]
1001 - NVIDIA Streamer Service - ["C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\nvstreamsvc.exe"]
1001 - NVIDIA Display Driver Service - ["C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe"]
1001 - Program Compatibility Assistant Service - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Plug and Play - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch]
1001 - PnkBstrA - [C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe]
1001 - IPsec Policy Agent - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Power - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch]
1001 - User Profile Service - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - RalinkRegistryWriter - ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink\Common\RaRegistry.exe"]
1001 - RalinkRegistryWriter64 - ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink\Common\RaRegistry64.exe"]
1001 - Security Accounts Manager - [C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe]
1001 - System Event Notification Service - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Shell Hardware Detection - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Print Spooler - [C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe]
1001 - SQL Server VSS Writer - ["C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe"]
1001 - SSDP Discovery - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation]
1001 - NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service - ["C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe"]
1001 - Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc]
1001 - Superfetch - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Themes - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Distributed Link Tracking Client - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - UPnP Device Host - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation]
1001 - Desktop Window Manager Session Manager - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService]
1001 - Windows Management Instrumentation - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - WLAN AutoConfig - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service - ["C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe"]
1001 - Portable Device Enumerator Service - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Security Center - [C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Windows Search - [C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe /Embedding]
1001 - Windows Update - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs]
1001 - Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework - [C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted]
1001 - Razer Game Scanner - [C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Services\GSS\GameScannerService.exe]
1001 - RzKLService - [C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Cortex\RzKLService.exe]

11 - Windows Express

1101 - System Score : 5.9
1102 - Memory Score : 7.7
1103 - CPU Score : 7.7
1104 - Graphics Score : 7.8
1105 - Gaming Score : 7.8
1106 - Disk Score : 5.9

12 - Event Log

1201 - Time : 4/24/2015 2:35:25 AM
1202 - Source : WinMgmt
1203 - Description : Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

1201 - Time : 4/23/2015 2:03:50 PM
1202 - Source : WinMgmt
1203 - Description : Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

1201 - Time : 4/24/2015 2:45:34 AM
1202 - Source : DCOM
1203 - Description : The server {5DC4F9AD-3A2B-4DF4-AC39-3FF5A19FCF4C} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

End of file - 25631 Bytes.

Could be, I'm reminded of Lineage II and Skyrim. And I saved myself a bunch of cash taking a chance and just up-ing the RAM.

@Crazycrab @illutian

Hmm, illutian might be onto something. You said that you got the issue in open-world games but not open-world MMOs? I'm running Guild Wars 2 just fine on max settings.

Then again I also run Skyrim and Fallout 4 just fine as well. It's just GTA V I have this issue with.

14 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

@Crazycrab @illutian

Hmm, illutian might be onto something. You said that you got the issue in open-world games but not open-world MMOs? I'm running Guild Wars 2 just fine on max settings.

Then again I also run Skyrim and Fallout 4 just fine as well. It's just GTA V I have this issue with.

Yes, it seems Lineage II was the only MMO (so far) that's run like ass on less than 12GB of system RAM*.

Another plus, is you say you don't have problems in other games. If it was hardware, you'd have issues in anything that taxed the system beyond 'sitting at desktop'.

If you do go for more RAM, try and get RAM you could use in a new system if it's like "well, fuck that didn't work. Guess I'll just build a new system." But, chances are the $6 to $100 USD spent on a larger memory capacity will fix the problem entirely, or alleviate it to the point where it's "I was gonna stop playing about now, anyways."

*For Reference: That system was an i7-920 @ stock speed, 6GB of RAM, (2) GTX 670 in SLI, 7200RPM WD Black (game drive), 120GB Intel SSD (OS drive). I had 6 GB Corsair Dominator in triple channel (matching what the CPU could do). When I upgraded it to 12GB it was the 12GB version of the Corsair Dominator (3 sticks; 4 GB each vs 3 sticks; 2 GB each). The timings changed every so slightly, as is expected as the stick's capacity increases.

3 hours ago, illutian said:

Yes, it seems Lineage II was the only MMO (so far) that's run like ass on less than 12GB of system RAM*.

Another plus, is you say you don't have problems in other games. If it was hardware, you'd have issues in anything that taxed the system beyond 'sitting at desktop'.

If you do go for more RAM, try and get RAM you could use in a new system if it's like "well, fuck that didn't work. Guess I'll just build a new system." But, chances are the $6 to $100 USD spent on a larger memory capacity will fix the problem entirely, or alleviate it to the point where it's "I was gonna stop playing about now, anyways."

*For Reference: That system was an i7-920 @ stock speed, 6GB of RAM, (2) GTX 670 in SLI, 7200RPM WD Black (game drive), 120GB Intel SSD (OS drive). I had 6 GB Corsair Dominator in triple channel (matching what the CPU could do). When I upgraded it to 12GB it was the 12GB version of the Corsair Dominator (3 sticks; 4 GB each vs 3 sticks; 2 GB each). The timings changed every so slightly, as is expected as the stick's capacity increases.

Hmm, well I'm still on the fence between thinking either the RAM or the CPU is the problem.

If you take a look at these stats I posted a while ago (one hour of playing GTA V), you can see that Physical Memory is pretty stable at around 6-7 GB, while CPU peaks at 100% several times.

rtSYyvW.png

Also, just so you're aware, GTA V is probably my most performance-heavy game, because unlike other open-world games I have, you never drive in those. But just for reference, the newest games I have are DOOM, Rise of The Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Killing Floor 2, GTA V, The Talos Principle, Warframe, Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls 2, Borderlands 2, Black Mesa, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Skyrim.

In the end, it's up to you.

Based on the 'recommended' system requirements for GTA:5, you should be able to run it just fine. Might even need to try these: https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611704730329043028/

Which has the OP using a system about as powerful as my old one (i7-920). Maybe that'll work and you can save money! :D

16 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Hmm, well I'm still on the fence between thinking either the RAM or the CPU is the problem.

If you take a look at these stats I posted a while ago (one hour of playing GTA V), you can see that Physical Memory is pretty stable at around 6-7 GB, while CPU peaks at 100% several times.

rtSYyvW.png

Well I'm not convinced that this is a RAM issue but upgrading won't do any harm and will be allot cheaper than replacing the CPU so it might be worth trying first or even just doing anyway.  It's worthwhile keeping future upgrades, for example if you want to upgrade in the next year or two it's probably not worthwhile adding a new CPU to this build since you have to get a minimum new CPU, Motherboard and RAM when you upgrade anyway.  Replacing the i5-3570k with the i7-3770k is definitely more of a gamble but I think it's more likely to work because it has twice as many threads which suits CPU intensive open world games like GTA V.

I would like you to do is download a little app called called Link CPU-Z link HERE and take a screenshot of the CPU and memory tabs, I might be able to draw some conclusions if I knew what kind of speed the CPU and Memory are actually running at.

3 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Well I'm not convinced that this is a RAM issue but upgrading won't do any harm and will be allot cheaper than replacing the CPU so it might be worth trying first or even just doing anyway.  It's worthwhile keeping future upgrades, for example if you want to upgrade in the next year or two it's probably not worthwhile adding a new CPU to this build since you have to get a minimum new CPU, Motherboard and RAM when you upgrade anyway.  Replacing the i5-3570k with the i7-3770k is definitely more of a gamble but I think it's more likely to work because it has twice as many threads which suits CPU intensive open world games like GTA V.

I would like you to do is download a little app called called Link CPU-Z link HERE and take a screenshot of the CPU and memory tabs, I might be able to draw some conclusions if I knew what kind of speed the CPU and Memory are actually running at.

coJvhAZ.png

26 minutes ago, illutian said:

In the end, it's up to you.

Based on the 'recommended' system requirements for GTA:5, you should be able to run it just fine. Might even need to try these: https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/611704730329043028/

Which has the OP using a system about as powerful as my old one (i7-920). Maybe that'll work and you can save money! :D

I'm not at all familiar with the Nvidia Control Panel. Could you walk me through how to do this?

Sounds like I have to "open" GTA V in the control panel somehow, to edit its settings, but I can't find out how.

More performance stuff people have tried: https://www.reddit.com/r/GTAVpc/comments/36901s/gta_v_gtx_970_i5_3570k_8gb_ram_performance/

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/203482287-GTAV-PC-High-CPU-Usage

Seems one person (Sylvrwynd) limited the affinity of one of the cores (so the game could only use n-1 core; in your case 3 of 4).

---

For the Nvidia control panel, just right click on the desktop you should see it as one of the drop down menu options. From there in the left hand menu pane (says Select a Task... at the top). Click on Manage 3D Settings, it'll take a bit of time to load.

You should see two tabs: Global Settings | Program Settings

Click on the Program Settings tab and it'll take some time to look through the programs it can detect. You'll want to have found what the process name is ([name].EXE <-it must have .EXE), by looking at the Task Manager while the game is running (can be at the menu doesn't have to be 'in the world'). You can probably find it easiest by opening Task Manager and looking at the Details tab and sorting by the most CPU usage (unless you like scrolling :P ).

Once you got the EXE name look for it in Program Settings of Nvidia. If you can't find it, then you'll have the "joy" of mapping to it. Click on "add" and dig for the GTA:5 exe..probaby in the root of the game install folder. Have fun flipp'n through the settings! :D

FYI: Global has the same settings, but, as the name suggests, it'll affect every single program you run...which could leave other games screwed.

23 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I'm not at all familiar with the Nvidia Control Panel. Could you walk me through how to do this?

Sounds like I have to "open" GTA V in the control panel somehow, to edit its settings, but I can't find out how.

Right click anywhere on the desktop and you should see the option NVidea Control panel.

yWn4Wvy.png

As your other games are working fine I would recommend using Program settings rather than Global so that these changes only affect GTA 5, so click add and select GTA 5.  You can then adjust the settings by scrolling through them.

76HT3UK.png

As for the MSAA, you should be able to adjust that in the in game graphics settings.

I know @illutian beat me to the punch but I decided to post anyway! :D

30 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

coJvhAZ.png

As for this the RAM speed is a bit low so clocking it up in the BIOS might help a little but other that it all seems pretty normal.