• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rojo_The_Great

What Will Red Dead Redemption 2 Have To Do To Top The First Red Dead Redemption

11 posts in this topic

Red Dead Redemption is great game. When playing it, you feel as if you are actually back in the early 1900's. The game was nearly flawless, except for a few bugs and glitches. So Red Dead 2 has a lot to live up to. So I would like to know what you guys think Red Dead 2 will have to do to be even better than the first. I personally would love to see some more kooky side quest and an expansion to the multiplayer section of the game. The multiplayer on the first one was good but it could've been better. That is what I would like to see

Nixkoenner likes this

Moved from the PS4 forum to Gen Discussion as it isn't a PlayStation only title... 

Thanks for the fix. My mistake.

likes this

Nothing. As long as it has a story as good or better than the first one I would accept the same exact game! Although I like the kooky side-quest idea, those were fun!

I can tell you what would completely ruin it is an over-focus on the multiplayer. The market is saturated with AAA multiplayer games, particularly those that have a lot of micro-transactions. What I really want is a good, solid single-player experience that last at least 18+ hours.

That totally came out wrong.

Rojo_The_Great and TamaskanLEM like this

41 minutes ago, PlasticFrogCG said:

That totally came out wrong.

Yeah, maybe just a little bit.:kappaoj:

Easy... Make it available on PC.... just take a look at GTA5 for PC... How many times GTA5 had been on Steam top 10 sellers?

I think what it needs to do is just be another really fleshed out well written Rockstar game. That's all I can think of.

Be available for PC! Seriously, why do consoles have it but not PC, I don't see a logical reason for this, do they not like money or something?

I want keyboard and mouse for shooters as any sane man does, and I also like the idea of having mods for it.

Also, no more turret sections, I really hate those, in every game I play and I've had more than enough from it, hell it's even in World of Warcraft somehow.

I don't think there's much to improve other than that, all we need is a lovable bad boy protagonist like Marston, good supporting characters who he has bonds with ( Such as the people from this gang he was in the past and his family ) and of course a good narrative, story with good potential for immersion.

Well, aside from an improvement on melee combat which is the weakest thing in past Rockstar games besides the Warriors and Bully which has EXCELLENT melee combat which are so good it becomes the combat for Sleeping Dogs, I want the ultimate surprise. Like making us think that "oh this game will just take place in the wild west."

and then in the middle of the game, it goes to modern times, with completely new modern vehicles thrown in and modern guns, but still having Dead Eye to use. 

Kind of like Driver Parallel Lines. Only better.

Hm, but if it's in modern times it's just going to be GTA all over again. So how about Back to the Future's future with flying cars? Where traffic is a thing of the past. Who knows, maybe there's a Delorean you can use to travel back and forth in time after the game ends. :P

75717661.jpg

Couldn't resist.

But seriously though this is Rockstar we're talking about here; Guns, explosions and fast... horses is all standard here but what I'm really looking forward to is the multiplayer.

Specifically I'm hoping it doesn't have as poor of a launch as GTA Online did with it's desyncing, BS queue times and that god awful lag. If it can avoid all of that then I'll have no complaints and even if I did there's always mods.

On 2/16/2017 at 11:09 PM, Kaz32 said:

and then in the middle of the game, it goes to modern times, with completely new modern vehicles thrown in and modern guns, but still having Dead Eye to use.

Unless that happens in which case I will immediately lob it out of the nearest window. No offence but modern times don't mix well with the wild west... I mean Call of Juarez did that once and it failed spectacularly.

On 2/16/2017 at 11:09 PM, Kaz32 said:

Hm, but if it's in modern times it's just going to be GTA all over again. So how about Back to the Future's future with flying cars? Where traffic is a thing of the past. Who knows, maybe there's a Delorean you can use to travel back and forth in time after the game ends. :P

Although a DeLorean does sound pretty kick ass...

1 hour ago, Lazilot said:

Unless that happens in which case I will immediately lob it out of the nearest window. No offence but modern times don't mix well with the wild west... I mean Call of Juarez did that once and it failed spectacularly.

Although a DeLorean does sound pretty kick ass...

Red Steel 2 did it well.

And Overwatch with McCree, although he's pretty out of place in the futuristic world of Overwatch. Still badass.

Call of Juarez can't do it justice because the people behind it have no talent to make it work. Any concept can work great with the right developers. Maybe Rockstar will make it like Westworld where the whole Red Dead Redemption 2 is actually a giant simulator of the wild west? But hahahaha, I was just kidding. If they do make it like that though, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Lazilot likes this