• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

What horror game still scares the crap out of you even though you have already beaten it once?

12 posts in this topic

Since I just finished Resident Evil 7 and am now playing the living hell out of Yakuza 0, which surprisingly has 1 side story that creeps me the hell out, it makes me nostalgic about all the horror games of the past. Horror games has come a long way since the first Alone in the Dark. And with a lot of varieties too.

We got horror games that are basically jump scare city like Condemned

Horror games that makes you run the fuck away from enemies like Amnesia

And psychological horror games that fucks with your mind like Rule of Rose. A fantastic underrated game btw, check it out.

Now most horror games are pretty scary the first time you played them. But most of the time, after you finish the game, you won't be scared of it anymore after more than one playthrough because you have already seen the whole scares. Hell, Resident Evil 7 scared me when I first played it, but now the game is more like a strategic action game to me where I have to conserve ammo to beat the bosses and enemies, but despite that I still want to play it all over again because it is still an awesome game. 

But some horror games are so scary, that even though you have played it once, it will still scare you when you play it again. 

So my question to you is this: what horror game scared the bejeezus out of you so much, that even though you have played it once already, you are still scared of it? You can mention more than one game. 

I'm still scared of Cry of Fear.

This game........ fuck me this game is something. I already know most of the jump scares in this game, but man, there's just so many well placed scares and horrible looking enemies that personally scares the crap out of me that I can't play this game on 1 sitting. I have to quit the game because I can't fucking take it.

Then there's Alien Isolation. All because of the brilliant alien AI that just shows up unplanned and unscripted, making me go "OH SHIT OH SHIT" whenever I hear the sound of that Xenomorph dropping from a vent out of nowhere.

And finally, Dead Space 2. The Dead Space series as a whole is not scary. It's more like an epic monster hunter type game than a scary survival horror game.

But then we get to the eye surgery

Fuck. This. Section. It still fucking scares me more than most monster in any horror game ever. I do not want to play this part EVER AGAIN.

I rarely play horror games to begin with, much less replay them once I've beaten them. Either way, very few horror games have actually even managed to make me scared in the least. In fact, the only horror game I recall playing that scared me shitless was Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

The Suffering on the original XBOX. Ugghhhh! I still have nightmares about those stupid guys that crawl on the walls. If you have played it then you know what I am talkingabout. They have knifes for arms and legs and they are fast!!! Look at this crap.49b38d4c265814925b56674105917df7.jpg

The first Dead Space is still really creepy, especially if you don't have an upgraded plasma cutter! Fear 1 was also really good.

But personally, my money is on:

It's been a looooong time (particularly since I can't find my old copy and not even GoG has it), but I still remember that I couldn't finish the predator or marine campaigns without god-mode because I was just too scared to keep my hand steady on the mouse!

Don't know why but I always get terrified at the beginning of Dead Space, More the atmosphere than anything I think.

Alien Isolation still gives me that intense panicy feeling. And there's still parts of Doom 3 that creep me out.

RogueKnightKisuke93 likes this

Corpse Party 1 (psp). Scary characters, creepy/haunting atmosphere, a chilling story, and it has little to no jump-scares.

15 hours ago, Lazilot said:

Assassin's Creed Unity... because nothing is more terrifying than this:

Assassins-Creed-Unity-Glitch-730x411.jpg

Or this:

kg7efpw3epvdrrlgd38z.jpg

Lol so true. XD

Would Doom 64 and Nightmare Creatures count as horror?

If they are, I would say both of those games spook me to this day, mostly because of the atmosphere in general. The low humming of the music, demons/monsters echoing in the background, and slight fear of the unknown in dark areas.

Lazilot likes this

On 3/30/2017 at 0:45 AM, RogueKnightKisuke93 said:

Would Doom 64 and Nightmare Creatures count as horror?

If they are, I would say both of those games spook me to this day, mostly because of the atmosphere in general. The low humming of the music, demons/monsters echoing in the background, and slight fear of the unknown in dark areas.

As long as it scares you, it's fine. I mean I was scared by Rainbow Six Vegas 2's Lone Wolf mode back when I played it because it's a "them against you" situation and enemies can come anywhere, which makes the situation terrifying to go through. I got over it though.

On 3/29/2017 at 8:51 AM, Lazilot said:

Assassin's Creed Unity... because nothing is more terrifying than this:

Assassins-Creed-Unity-Glitch-730x411.jpg

Or this:

kg7efpw3epvdrrlgd38z.jpg

Glitch face of doom isn't the only terrifying face in existence. There's ones that just, for some reason, looks so wrong that it will scare the crap out of you. Take Spyro Enter the Dragonfly's faces.

hunter-the-cheetah-spyro-enter-the-drago

maxresdefault.jpg

They look even more terrifying in the game......

And everything from LSD Dream Emulator.

playstation-41510-31327791463.jpg

tumblr_inline_myyqnb23Nc1rv6tnk.gif

ARRGHHHH!!! GET AWAY FROM ME YOU MONSTERS!!! YOU WON'T TAKE ME AWAY TO YOUR WORLD!! 

Lazilot likes this

6 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

And everything from LSD Dream Emulator.

playstation-41510-31327791463.jpg

tumblr_inline_myyqnb23Nc1rv6tnk.gif

ARRGHHHH!!! GET AWAY FROM ME YOU MONSTERS!!! YOU WON'T TAKE AWAY TO YOUR WORLD!! 

Can't say I've ever played it but that is absolutely terrifying... and a perfectly accurate depiction of what it's like being on LSD I'm sure! =D

6 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

As long as it scares you, it's fine. I mean I was scared by Rainbow Six Vegas 2's Lone Wolf mode back when I played it because it's a "them against you" situation and enemies can come anywhere, which makes the situation terrifying to go through. I got over it though.

I did however play this mode A LOT and it scared the shit out of me because whenever I would take down 4-5 terrorists in a single room, 5 more would spawn in the room next to me and I'd get about half of them before 1 showed up out of nowhere from behind with a fucking shotgun.

Terrorist Hunt is easy when you have a team working with you (Or if you exploit the AI like a douche) but by yourself? It's fucking terrifying. I remember taking 10 mins just checking every single corner to make sure I wasn't missing anyone before moving on to the next room, and by the end of it I'd of completed the mission in maybe 2-3 hours =P