• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITHASTICK

Kingdom Hearts III

16 posts in this topic

In the past the Kingdom Hearts III discussion has been scattered across this forum. This thread will act as a place to focus all information to do with with all things Kingdom Hearts III going into the future. Right now this OP is bare, but at a later time it'll be updated to be as current with information as possible.

Kingdom Hearts Timeline

cZJDTzD.png

CaptGinger likes this

Nomura (Lead Director of KHIII) attends as a quest at Magic (Monaco Anime Game Conference) where he gave the world a new screenshot of Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake. In the new screenshot we can see a brand new heartless enemy, and Sora now in his new Shield Drive Form. The original image we had of this was taken second hand by a phone, but later Nomura did finally upload a direct feed of the screenshot. While also revealed the area Sora and the Heartless are fighting in is Thebes, the Greek city that the animated Disney movie Hercules takes place in. So this now confirms that in one world we have; Mount Olympus, Olympus Heavens, Thebes, Olympus Colosseum (Possibly). This is a huge world!

Spoiler

Hercules%20world.jpg

I've never played Kingdom Hearts, but it's clearly a much loved series and there has to be a reason. Sadly, I'm a lazy basterd and can't be bothered to play the old games on the old systems and would rather play a re-master or something. So, and I admit this might make me look really stupid and I apologise in advance for that, but can I play the current PS4 titles like 2.8 (A little criticism, the game titles do not make this easier at all) and "get it"?

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

I've never played Kingdom Hearts, but it's clearly a much loved series and there has to be a reason. Sadly, I'm a lazy basterd and can't be bothered to play the old games on the old systems and would rather play a re-master or something. So, and I admit this might make me look really stupid and I apologise in advance for that, but can I play the current PS4 titles like 2.8 (A little criticism, the game titles do not make this easier at all) and "get it"?

You can't play 2.8 alone and expect to understand the entire plot. What you can do though, is wait for the KH1.5 & 2.5 Collection on PS4 to release March 31st (It's £35 on Amazon) and play those before 2.8, so you can play them canonically.

11 hours ago, Shagger said:

As a Kingdom Hearts fan talking to someone who has interest in trying Kingdom Hearts out, do not get Kingdom Hearts 2.8 as your first experience with Kingdom Hearts series. You will have completely no idea what is going on, why current things are happening, and what the reasons are. Wait till Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 collection comes out in March, it includes 4 games and 2 games turned into movies. And they have them setup on the main menu in the order you need to play them in, with Kingdom Hearts being the first and ReCoded being the last:

1.5%20+%202.5%20Menu.png

At that point if you feel like you are into the series and want to know what happens afterward than pick up 2.8. Which include 2 games that take place right before Kingdom Hearts 3, and a movie detailing the events on how all this started. And warning, no matter how many times they answer a question, there are more questions left.

Shagger, Crazycrab and CaptGinger like this

When it comes to Kingdom Hearts 3 though I have not seen much of since about 2 E3's ago. At least I think it was then.

I've never played Birth By Sleep so I'm kinda obligated to buy this collection now.

How much is 2.8 by the way? 50 dollars for what amounts to a Kingdom Hearts 3 teaser is a bit much.

CaptGinger likes this

1 hour ago, Deezyfesheezy said:

I've never played Birth By Sleep so I'm kinda obligated to buy this collection now.

How much is 2.8 by the way? 50 dollars for what amounts to a Kingdom Hearts 3 teaser is a bit much.

It's 50 dollars for Limited Edition (which gets you a pin) and 45 dollars for Standard Edition, which is the game. These prices are based on Amazon and might be sale prices. 2.8 gets you a full fledged remastered KH game from the 3DS, a 2-3 hour prologue for KH3 with 0.2, and a 2 hour-ish movie with Back Cover. Honest I would wait for a price drop of 40 dollars or below.

Probably going to get it though I'll probably start with Birth by Sleep since I never really got into it even with the other remasters on PS3.

Kingdom Hearts III better have Struggle from Kingdom Hearts II, so that we may relate to the struggle it has been to wait for this freaking game.

While Square stated there would be no apperance of KH3 at this E3 we have got a surprise trailer that appeared today for the game showing off gameplay and story elements for the final installment of the Xehanort Saga:

Also to new comers here, this comment from Jimiquisition video of the trailer perfectly explains the story of Kingdom Hearts leading up to this game (unfortunately they didn't puncutate sentences at all and I'm not going to do it so yeah have fun):

Spoiler

the world was initially one then a mad scientist transplanted his eye in the no name keyblade to see the future and used that foreknowledge to engineer a war that ended the world by engulfing it into darkness then that world was barely saved ,albeit in a fragmented state, by the dandelions that were guided by master ava and the 7 princesses of hearts that kept the light alive fast forwards a few generations and this event was ancient history a young xahnort was visited by his future disembodied heart (ansem the seeker of darkness) who gave him the power of the keyblade and set him off his destined path off destiny islands with his first mission being to gather all the xahnort's throught the timeline later on xahnort becomes a keyblade apprentice along with his friend eraqus and somewhere along the line inherits the no name keyblade a few decades after and xahnort is obsessed in solvoing the mysteries of the keyblade war and the true nature of light and darkness and in his efforts shatters the heart of his apprentice ventus and creates vanitas who is the representation of ventus's darkness that was extracted while ventus is saved by sora's newly born heart coming into contact and filling up his own that restabilises his heart and helps him survive then xahnort entrusts ventus to eraqus 3 years after that ventus and the 2 apprentices of eraqus ,terra and aqua, are about to be examed for the mark of mastery aqua succeeds and terra fails because he lacked control over the darkness in his heart right after that the worlds are attacked by unversed and terra and aqua are sent out to investigate and ventus escapes to follow terra to inform him of a masked figure he encountered hijinks ensue and they meet again in the keyblade gravyard where the the keyblade war happened and the final battle between them and xaxhort and vanitas,the masked boy, would take place terra gets possessed by xahnort ventus and vanitas fuse and form a X-blade and then shatter their heart kingdom hearts is summoned and aqua is blown away aqua takes vanitas's vegitative body and places it in a chamber of their homeworld she then transforms into castle oblivion aqua confronts terranort terranort loses his memories and is taken in by ansem the wise aqua falls into the realm of darkness 10 years after that a teen sora wants to leave his homeworld via raft when the heartless attack ,he loses his friends, and searches the world to find them riku get's possessed by ansem who is the heartless of terranort sora loses the keyblade in hollow bastion sora regains the keyblade in hollow bastion sora seals the keyhole of hollow bastion sora finds the end of hte worlds and confronts ansem ansem becomes a boat they fight ansem dies becasue kindgom hearts is light they close the door to kingdom hearts to keep the darkness inside sora is seperated again and riku is lost in the realm of darkness sora finds a castle sora kills some hooded figures sora forgets everything sora gets false memories sora must sleep for a year to regain memories riku wakes up in a castle riku kills some hooded figures riku decides to look after the sleepping sora sora's body gets a mind of it's own sora's body gets feelings a friend of sora's body turns out to be a puppet that takes his power away sora's body kills the puppet and everyone forgets it sora's body can then dual wield keyblades by summoning his blad eand the blade of ventus who's fractured heart was sleeping inside him riku beats up sora's body and drags it back to ansem the wise but is forced to summon the darkness to do it sora's body is absorbed by sora sora wakes up sora sees there are still heartless around but also a new threat : nobodies the hooded figures are also nobodies sora shases the hooded figures aroundthe worlds and seeks riku sora kills the hooded figures and finds riku riku looks like ansem the seeker of darkness kindgom hearts explodes and riku is riku again together riku and sora kill terranort's body mickey analyses jimny's journal to find a data sora in it lost information is recovered and a reference to the book of prophecies is made mickey sends a letter to sora to meet him and save ventus terra and aqua sora and riku go to reversed disney reversed disney then puts them to a test : unlock keyholes in the sleeping worlds to gain the mark of mastery twewy characters ! hijinks ensue a new hooded organisation made up of the xahnorts young xahnort gathered xahnort almost possesses sora an old enemy hooded figure saved him riku becomes a master and sora fails the test and must regain his lost power to face off xahnort

WITHASTICK likes this

Finally we get new game play plus a release window. Only took Nomura being removed as lead. That's not me being dismissive of his design but this is the second time this has happen. I wonder if now FF7 remake will have a release window in the next one to two years?

I don't know where you get Nomura being removed from lead because I can find nothing on that. He was however at D23 to share more info on the Toy Story world:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/07/16/nomura-shares-more-details-on-kingdom-hearts-iii-and-its-toy-story-world.aspx

Biggest thing to take from it is that unlike previous worlds where you know Sora and the gang gets placed in and for the most part follow the story we already know, Pixar asked them to make something original for a story for the Toy Story world, so whatever story we are getting, it apparently takes place after Toy Story 2.

We finally have a release date. Sadly it misses this year but only by a little. Kingdom Hearts 3's official release date is the 29th January 2019.