• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Legend of Dragoon

162 posts in this topic

I can say if there was ever a game I would have liked to see more out of. It would be Legend of Dragoon. I guess one can think of it as a counter to the Final Fantasy series, but I loved the game to death. Still do. Have the original 4 disc ps1 game sitting on my shelf right this instance staring me down and just asking for me to pop it open for another go. I would have definitely desired to see this go further then what it did.

Cheezy T likes this

Ah. I remember the sleepless night's i had playing this. Have the original even this day. Damn, was a fine game and awesome story and epic battles.

Hm..think i will play it now...

Jinzuro likes this

Ah. I remember the sleepless night's i had playing this. Have the original even this day. Damn, was a fine game and awesome story and epic battles.

Hm..think i will play it now...

I remembered staying in one area where the bandits are in the gigantos territory just to save up 40,000g to get 4 ultimate wargods for all my characters. I remember they all dropped 50 gold each time. They were not so generous with gold in that game.

I haven't played it for a long time but I remember really enjoying it.

I remember how bummed i was when Lavitz died...and that i missed one Stardust somewhere and felt that i failed :) And those days there was no Google so when me or my brother played something where you had to collect something or do certain things, then we wrote everything down. Hm..should find those writings :)

Damn...it was a huge game...yes...no other game for a while and i need to complete it once more.

I haven't played it for a long time but I remember really enjoying it.

Its a definite classic, at least for me. For many others its a gem of the olden times of gaming.

I remember how bummed i was when Lavitz died...and that i missed one Stardust somewhere and felt that i failed :) And those days there was no Google so when me or my brother played something where you had to collect something or do certain things, then we wrote everything down. Hm..should find those writings :)

Damn...it was a huge game...yes...no other game for a while and i need to complete it once more.

Yeah... I wasn't pleased about Lavitz dying either. I like that guy. The stardust I never bother collecting, I can't even remember what happens when you collect them all. Lol.

When you collected them all and gave them to one certain lady in the island? where the Haschel was from, so that lady could get a wish or something. And she gave you a nice item in return if i remember correctly.

When you collected them all and gave them to one certain lady in the island? where the Haschel was from, so that lady could get a wish or something. And she gave you a nice item in return if i remember correctly.

I hope it was something really good for all that trouble. I wouldn't mind getting an item to revive Lavitz. That would be worth it.

I cant remember...though it wasnt anything "if you dont collect and get the item then game will murder you while you sleep" important or good, but it was nice enough to actually gather them all :) plus, sense of achievement :)

I cant remember...though it wasnt anything "if you dont collect and get the item then game will murder you while you sleep" important or good, but it was nice enough to actually gather them all :) plus, sense of achievement :)

Ah yes, that grand feeling of achievement. Not just in completing the game, but in also getting all the side bits. I do miss having the time for it all in my younger years.

True that...those days i had no problem playing the entire night and going to work next morning :) Now, if i dont get at least 7 hours sleep, then im a bloody useless zombie the next day :D

True that...those days i had no problem playing the entire night and going to work next morning :) Now, if i dont get at least 7 hours sleep, then im a bloody useless zombie the next day :D

Thankfully my less hours of sleep paid off. I can be fine off 5 hours, 4 would be pushing it. Doesn't help I'm both a morning and night person, but I do miss having the time to do all the extras these games have to offer. I can only imagine what Legend of Dragoon would look like reinvisioned "the proper way" I stress that entirely. I've seen too many games redone and ruined.

Not a lot of games like Legend of Dragoon man, turn based, but you can't just press attack to get max damage. Had to earn it. Loved that gameplay, loved learning and mastering new combos. I'd be first one in line for an all new Legend of Dragoon. Lloyd had the coolest Dragoon armor imo if I remember it right.

Legend of Dragoon man.... forgotten gem of the PS1    #RIPLavitz

Jinzuro likes this

Not a lot of games like Legend of Dragoon man, turn based, but you can't just press attack to get max damage. Had to earn it. Loved that gameplay, loved learning and mastering new combos. I'd be first one in line for an all new Legend of Dragoon. Lloyd had the coolest Dragoon armor imo if I remember it right.

Legend of Dragoon man.... forgotten gem of the PS1    #RIPLavitz

You said it through and true. This is one of the games I will remember to the end of my days and will continue to play from time to time when the nostalgia hits hard.

Cheezy T likes this

I borrowed it from a friend once, i really liked the game.

Though i didn't get very far ^^ i was pretty bummed when you couldn't buy it digitally on the EU store.

While it's available on the American store if i am not mistaken.

Still great game loved the fighting mechanics you had to stay focussed :P

Though i didn't get very far ^^ i was pretty bummed when you couldn't buy it digitally on the EU store.

Sorry to hear that. This is one to be enjoyed. I hear you on the fighting mechanics. My first time playing it it threw me all sorts of off until I became used to it.

The battle system kept you focused in the battle. While i like the turn based system it can be a bit "select attack, push button, watch animation, repeat" but in here, always in the game. And its not like it did not matter if you got things wrong. No...skill advances were awesome and worth the effort. Uff...which one of the Dart's skill shout i liked...em..."Blazing Dynamo" was it i think ? :) Awesome. And Meru's shouting and battleposes after the successful hammer hit...nice :)

About remaking of the game. Converting to H D, polishing up graphicks, sure might look nice and pretty. But in a way, i think it should stay as it is. I remember this game a bit blocky and not so "next gen graphics" and its fine. Those days it was all about gameplay, story and...well...loot :) So in my eyes, Legend of Dragoon is perfect as it is :)

Jinzuro likes this

The battle system kept you focused in the battle. While i like the turn based system it can be a bit "select attack, push button, watch animation, repeat" but in here, always in the game. And its not like it did not matter if you got things wrong. No...skill advances were awesome and worth the effort. Uff...which one of the Dart's skill shout i liked...em..."Blazing Dynamo" was it i think ? :) Awesome. And Meru's shouting and battleposes after the successful hammer hit...nice :)

About remaking of the game. Converting to H D, polishing up graphicks, sure might look nice and pretty. But in a way, i think it should stay as it is. I remember this game a bit blocky and not so "next gen graphics" and its fine. Those days it was all about gameplay, story and...well...loot :) So in my eyes, Legend of Dragoon is perfect as it is :)

Definitely. I do think they took that one scene, i believe in the beginning prison where you get dropped into the pit with that monsters. I could only think of star wars. 

As far as remaking it. In my mind I was going more with just redoing it up. Sort of like how they kept leading people on about the FF7 remake. Though my main reason for having them do it would be to continue the game. Every since I played it I was just expecting for the longest time to see a Legend of Dragoon 2.... and it never came. It just stopped right there. 

gagara likes this

Mm...sure there could be some continuation in the story...like...em...well not sure though what or how. Thats why the story was good in the game, it tied up nicely everything. 

Well..perhaps some evil person finds the divine dragon spirit and wants to take over both human and wingly realms. Hm...well perhaps a prequel ? About human revolution against wingly's and Melbu Frahma. How and why gigantos went to extinsion. There are nice ways and ideas to make a prequel :)

But redoing like FF7 (mwahaha...i think i will be around 97 when SquareEnix will release it, still waiting when they will release FF10 to ps3). Well, sure, it could be nice, but only when there are no tweaks on gameplay and so on. No bloody changing that....thats why i hated every Final Fantasy console game after FF10, could not get used to it. Well..thats another topic on how Square ruined FF :(

Jinzuro likes this

Mm...sure there could be some continuation in the story...like...em...well not sure though what or how. Thats why the story was good in the game, it tied up nicely everything. 

Well..perhaps some evil person finds the divine dragon spirit and wants to take over both human and wingly realms. Hm...well perhaps a prequel ? About human revolution against wingly's and Melbu Frahma. How and why gigantos went to extinsion. There are nice ways and ideas to make a prequel :)

But redoing like FF7 (mwahaha...i think i will be around 97 when SquareEnix will release it, still waiting when they will release FF10 to ps3). Well, sure, it could be nice, but only when there are no tweaks on gameplay and so on. No bloody changing that....thats why i hated every Final Fantasy console game after FF10, could not get used to it. Well..thats another topic on how Square ruined FF :(

I do like a good prequel. I was thinking since it seemed they were trying to match FF that they could have just perhaps made it in segments coming up with different stories that didn't necessarily have to be interconnected. I do wonder if the same developers that made the game ever made any other game we may not know about.

Well their excuse for redoing FF7 was that they wanted to first make a game that matched its greatness before they did it. With the coming of FF15 that many of us have been waiting for since the dawn of man. I dont want to hear anymore excuses, unless by some chance they find a way to ruin this amazing looking piece, for them not to redo FF7. Of course them redoing in this day and age. That would be a lot of space to take up considering with the enhancement in graphics, but.... >:3 they shouldn't have said it.

gagara likes this

Game was made by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan made Legend of Dragoon as a exclusive for playstation. Think Ico and Shadow of Colossos were also made by same people...

Eh..stupid excuses. They released some stupid fighting game for psp...em...Final Fantasy Dissidia i think was it called, couldnt they just...pour that effort to FF7 remake then ??? And Final Fantasy7: Dirge of Cerberus (a darn good game in my opinion), the graphics there were good and on that engine FF7 would have been really nice (considering graphics in that time). Eh..well no use to get pissed about thi :) I will play old FF games from time to time and still enjoy them :)

But...well...huge companies rarely listen gamers :) (Rockstar and Bethesda being a exception...at least my experience with those 2 companies have always been good).

Jinzuro likes this

Game was made by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan made Legend of Dragoon as a exclusive for playstation. Think Ico and Shadow of Colossos were also made by same people...

Eh..stupid excuses. They released some stupid fighting game for psp...em...Final Fantasy Dissidia i think was it called, couldnt they just...pour that effort to FF7 remake then ??? And Final Fantasy7: Dirge of Cerberus (a darn good game in my opinion), the graphics there were good and on that engine FF7 would have been really nice (considering graphics in that time). Eh..well no use to get pissed about thi :) I will play old FF games from time to time and still enjoy them :)

But...well...huge companies rarely listen gamers :) (Rockstar and Bethesda being a exception...at least my experience with those 2 companies have always been good).

That I would be very interested to know. My ps2 burned out on me ages ago, so I never did get to fully play Ico. I still have the disc so I put it on my pc and tried it with the emulator, but its got some issues unfortunately with that one on pcsx2. Glad I can at least play Legend of Dragoon on my pc. Its nice being able to put all my game discs to digital copies on my pc. I love the future.

Their just making up stuff and putting it back. I really think when they said they wouldn't make an FF7 remake until another of their games sold as well, they were just trying to get people to put all their money down like Fry "Shut up and take my money. I want that FF7 remake" Its like an owner of a business coaxing their employee to work harder for a raise they'll never get.

I agree with Dirge of Cerberus, I loved that game. I wasn't sure about it at first, but after I started playing it I got hooked. I do hope it works on my emulator, I've been wanting to record it... >:/ First I need to find the darn disc. I only put my old school games on my shelf, the rest are still in boxes from me moving.

Don't forget about CD Projekt Red. They also are for the fans. They have my eternal support.

Hm....well port to PC for classical ps1 and ps2 games would be a nice thing. Though i admit i did not like the FF7 PC version. Button configuration was weird and it had some run issues, but it might have been my PC at the time.

Thats too bad that even now Sony hasnt released the patch for PS3, allowing it to run and play PS2 games. But..thats off topic :)

Lets say, Sony will remake the Legend of Dragoon and they will implement some minor changes, what you would love to see different ?

Hm....well port to PC for classical ps1 and ps2 games would be a nice thing. Though i admit i did not like the FF7 PC version. Button configuration was weird and it had some run issues, but it might have been my PC at the time.

Thats too bad that even now Sony hasnt released the patch for PS3, allowing it to run and play PS2 games. But..thats off topic :)

Lets say, Sony will remake the Legend of Dragoon and they will implement some minor changes, what you would love to see different ?

I do recall seeing them putting FF7 on steam awhile back after the pc release of it from years ago, but I am not certain if they may have fixed that button config issue or not.

Wow, hm.. I suppose for me how the combat was I wouldn't mind if it used more then just one button to make the combo's a bit more difficult then shifting the time and perhaps a deeper leveling system as far as your dragoon transformation goes. I know it was more the more you use an ability the stronger it becomes over time. The only way you'd know if it was stronger was in the change in animation.

gagara likes this