• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Tidell

If you could have one game turned into a movie?

27 posts in this topic

I know that most if not all games turned to movies are horrible but if you could choose one game that would turn in to a movie , what would it be ? 

I def want the diablo games to become and movie.

Most modern games are so cinematic anyway that making a movie serves little purpose.

However if I had to pick I would quite fancy seeing a live action Final Fantasy movie.  I think the action could look pretty spectacular if it was done right.

I would also love to see a Mortal Kombat movie with all the blood, guts and gore intact, that would be fucking awesome!

Ranisel likes this

34 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I wold also love to see a Mortal Kombat movie with all the blood, guts and gore intact, that would be fucking awesome!

That's already been done, it's considered one of the very few decent video game adaption movies. It also had a terrible sequel called Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

24 minutes ago, Laserrifle125 said:

That's already been done, it's considered one of the very few decent video game adaption movies. It also had a terrible sequel called Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

It was PG-13, so it had barely any gore.

1 minute ago, Mexiguy said:

Never watched that movie (mostly because i read the plot on the internet) and I didn't check its MPAA rating, so I didn't know.   

16 minutes ago, Mexiguy said:

My point exactly.  I don't actually consider it a bad movie but the violence was toned down and it does suffer for it.

42 minutes ago, Laserrifle125 said:

I've seen Mortal Kombat Annihilation as well and yeah it's balls..... but in kind of an entertaining way.

I'd say Undertale honestly. With the right CGI, child actor, and scenario detail it could be done right.

The old Heroes of might and Magic 1, 2 and 3 games.

Wolfenstein: The New Order. I like the alternate world setting that Nazi won the WWII and how to fight back (kind of like XCOM2). But the Jewish people in Hollywood probably don't like the idea... The German probably won't like it too...

I honestly don't get why people like the transition from a Video Game to a Movie, maybe it's because I find Games more fun and prefer them, but...

I think Video Games have a certain type of stories which work better when you add the Player's choice into the fold, it's definitely hard to pull off but think about it, often the best stories are in RPGs which have different endings and paths you can take, like Planescape Torment, Fallout 2, Witcher and so many others a movie cannot do that, it also cannot allow you to interact with characters.

Most people think a leap in this is easy, I however think the two mediums are extremely different and the bad adaptations aren't a coincidence.

The Warcraft movie was the last chance I'll ever give to an adaptation, and that movie is pure garbage, I hate it and I will never be invested in another one.

Though in a perfect world, where the movie would be good why not Metro? Those games are pretty much movies, there are a lot of scripts and parts where you just sit back and watch, remove all the gameplay enhancing mechanics and exploration parts and it's a movie, really. But then again that's already an adaptation from a book... How about Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines? 

However that just brings me to the opposite question, which comicbook/book/movie would you like to see? Those adaptations are proven to work, as for me I'd love a Superman/ Flash /Constantine game, or maybe The Hunger Games? I don't like the movies but it sounds like a cool theme for a survival game with some RPG elements?

I struggle to come up with another book as I don't read those often, oh wait, The Hunger Games counts, right? :D And how about Harry Potter? A good Harry Potter game would be nice.

Back when Halo was good I wish they would of done a movie on it. 

With Cgi and the different things we can do with technology this game should be a movie something as big as Starwars. It must be written very well tho. 

zawisz likes this

If I had to pick one, it'd be Spyro The Dragon.

Crazycrab likes this

Just now, HecklerTheDragon said:

If I had to pick one, it'd be Spyro The Dragon.

Somehow that's not surprising.......

Just now, Crazycrab said:

Somehow that's not surprising.......

By the way, did you know that there was going to be a Spyro movie before?

After watching the trailers for SW: ToR, I want a full length CGI movie of that same caliber. They told so much with only so little time, a full blown movie would blow me away if they kept all that effort with the voice-acting, fight sequences and emotions those characters displayed. Plus that timeline in the Star Wars universe grew on me and would have to be done by Blur.

not a Single one. If i remember what the game to movie adaptations did to Super Mario, House of the Dead, Tekken, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy spirits within...* cringes *

well Mortal Kombat 1 and Warcraft were solid. Well, the Mortal Kombat Movie really needed a "blood code". Screw PG13.

I can think of a few. Keep it mind everything that follows falls under the "if they did it right" category:

Half Life would be very interesting, especially if they tried to keep Gordon Freeman a silent protagonist.

I would love to see them reboot the Alien vs Predator movies following the plot of one of the games, which was so much better than...whatever that was.

Borderlands 2 could be a fun popcorn action movie.

Something set in the Elder Scrolls and/or Fallout universes would be neat, could even be an original story as long as they stuck to the lore.

As Tidell mentioned, a Diablo movie would be awesome!

A Ratchet and Clank movie...that doesn't just copy and paste the game's cutscenes together (honestly, what were they thinking?)

I wanted to think of an answer but I got none.

I don't really care about movies for intense action or special effects, I only care about the story, so I would try to come up with games with a great story. But my standards for great story isn't quite the same as everyone else's. I'm more picky, and nearly every game that I acknowledge has a good story (few because I don't play them for the story by default, so it's exceptional for me to think they have one at all) have such a long detailed story that cramming it in a movie, even a 4 hour monster, would butcher it I believe. So.. yeah, I got nothing.

I'm not really passionate about this answer, but maybe some castlevania movie just because I'd like to see the setting and background scenery. Provided it takes place in the actual castle. I know they were making one at one point like 10 years ago but I've heard nothing about it since so guess it got canned.

I would love to see a zelda anime movie or even miniseries (especially about majors mask).  Not only does an anime aesthetic suite the series, especially in a game like breath of the wild, but take a look at this fan project.

Most games with stories worth a dam (Warcraft,Halo etc) works better  as series (HBO,Netflix etc) and the ones that don't have those relies on gameplay elements too much to tell the narractive. Obviously this can't  be easily recreated on the silver screen, or at all.

Hmmm I was going to say Castlevania, but Netflix is going to make an animated show out of it, and God Eater would be a good choice, but it's going to take at least 2-3 movies just to cover the main plot. I can see Soul Sacrifice as a good movie/TV series. Spec Ops the Line, Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy, Resistance, Far Cry(a better one at least), and Shellshock 2 would be good contenders. Binding of Isaac....maybe? While were at it, how about another Dead Space movie (Maybe a live action one)?